Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Thu 10/29/09 04:17 PM

I'm making my creative writing students do this year! I've done it in years past and it's an absolute blast...I only wish I had the time to do it myself.

*pout*

Maybe I'll try and do it anyways....hmmm....there's something to ponder anyways.

omg thats fantastic! what a great assignment for a creative writing class.> :D

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Thu 10/29/09 04:11 PM
etsy. i'd link you there but they will kill the thread if i do. so google it.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Thu 10/29/09 04:09 PM
i'm not going to see it until i know exactly who is going to be getting all this money..

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Thu 10/29/09 04:07 PM
i'm taking my best friend so she can get her some chiseled body fix and we can be on our way. i may not like stephanie meyer but damn is the girl banking on her talent. smart chick. let me tell you. can't fault for that.

she's pure intelligence for the amount of money she's making off of this.

i hear her other book The Host was crap though. Its on the books to read list so i'll see whether she's kept up the talent pool.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Thu 10/29/09 04:02 PM
hmmm... i didnt even know. HAH just goes to show how much i didn't care about a sequel to this movie. :P

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Thu 10/29/09 04:01 PM
i'm not a twilight fan but being that you haven't seen the film nor read the books makes you completely lacking in the ability to judge and bash these works.

I may not like it but Stephanie Meyer did what any other writer does.. poured blood sweat and tears into her body of work and became successful at it. I respect her for her success. I may not like her writing style, or the movies but I completely respect her for what it takes to get a novel published these days. Its not easy writing teen romance... romance without sex. so good for her.

Until you take the time to 'study' this film, you should keep your unfair judgement to yourself.

on that note...

Gary Oldman made me want to have his undead love children because of Bram Stokers Dracula.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Thu 10/29/09 03:56 PM
meh. i find myself less and less likely to participate anymore. no more lively conversation.

repetitive.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Thu 10/29/09 03:55 PM
i love it to an extent. i mean no freakin massive snow storm style stuck in alaska cold... but hard rain light snow peacoats scarves hats and hot cocoa always makes me happy

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Thu 10/29/09 03:53 PM
okay so i'm gone for like two days and i come back and directandwrite is gone!?!?!

wtf!?!?

what happened!?!? i didnt even get to say goodbye!!!

*cries*

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 10/25/09 08:09 PM
I want to read wolf at the table but i dont know if i can handle it.

his writing about his life and those around him are so harrowing.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 10/25/09 07:31 PM
i think your simpsons character is cute.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 10/25/09 07:29 PM

my mind is a 8-track

BWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!

that made me giggle.
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 10/25/09 07:28 PM
yeah i really hate your life too. dang. must suck to lose a turd that big huh.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 10/25/09 07:25 PM
anything based on the character Philip Marlow.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 10/25/09 07:24 PM
So in a fit of insanity (i ran out of books to read last week) I picked up a book that was sent to me by a book club by accident.

I read Dry by Augesten Burroughs. I'm not a huge fan of his but damn was this book good. I ate it up in about a day and a half. The story is just too common for one to pass up. I enjoyed it and even during the sad painful parts I didn't put it down.

Have you read any of his books?

after this, I might actually try another.. we'll see.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sat 10/24/09 08:33 PM

Thanks for the knowledge. I signed up... I've never written a novel before but the whole thing seems really interesting. Have you written a novel for this previously?

This is my first year doing Nanowrimo but I have a novel under my belt now as well as a novella short. so i understand the stress of writing in general. this however is going to probably make me break down and either go insane or embrace the art of primal writing man. :)

my username is the same as here. add me to your list there. its always good to support each other

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sat 10/24/09 07:01 PM
what a very interesting concept. good luck with that. and i would see if anyone would be willing to help with the project .. pro bono. it'll be rare but damn.. might be worth a try.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sat 10/24/09 06:54 PM
OMG! last night before i went to bed *like around 1am* my pal tells me "don't sleep with your foot out the blankets" and that was it.

i got virtually no sleep.

AND i had to turn the light on. :(

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Fri 10/23/09 11:20 PM
NEW FAVE AUTHOR AS OF YESTERDAY!!!

her name is Gail Carriger and she is so witty and brilliantly written! i devoured the damned book and enjoyed every moment of it!

if you get the chance to catch a copy.. its called

SOULLESS!!

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Fri 10/23/09 11:18 PM
i wouldn't call them masterpieces.

but they were good.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25