Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 10/18/09 04:19 PM

I quilt and cross stitch. Occasionally I'll make skirts, but I hate making shirts or pants. And I do alterations on clothing.

Unfortunately, with the move, I don't have any photos available to put up at the moment.

quilting is waaaaay too much for me....not sure why...i admire anyone that quilts...i'm all for quick gratification lol

btw, i am happy to report that i now know how to post pictures lol

yeah quilting is crazy. i've seen some absolutely beautiful pieces of art with quilting but i'm too scared to get involved in that one. LOL my head might explode.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 10/18/09 02:32 PM

What are your favorite sections in bookstores? I like the music,film and biography sections. be seeing you

the little "private room" in the back of the bookstore

behind the red curtain!?! ;p perv

hmm...

I head straight for fantasy/Scifi. then i wander through romance, horror, philosophy and history. sometimes i go to new fiction to see what/who's been published.

i stopped reading manga because i can't afford it.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 10/18/09 02:27 PM
the ending of kamikaze girls..

a lie defeating a lie.

fantastic.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 10/18/09 02:25 PM
its the story of a young boy who is troublesome so he runs off to a world all of his own. but then he's put into the shoes of a ruler (a parent) and realizes that being the one who makes the decisions.. isn't an easy feat.

the book was a staple in my childhood and those who have not read it should read it first before seeing the film.

this movie wasn't made for just everyone. it was made by a huge fan of the story... (spike jonze) for fellow fans of the story. its a perspective. that is why the reviews are so incredibly mixed.

i walked in there with my mind reverting back to being a child.. to the wonderment of my own little world.. and remembering that when reality blends with a childs fantasy.. the lessons are much harder to face.

its amazing though.. we sat there in the theatre and realized we were surrounded by adults. and by the end of the film.. we were surrounded by a bunch of giant kids.. cryin. it was definitely amazing.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 10/18/09 02:19 PM

Depends on who I'm talking to, if I like them yes, if I can't stand them, no.

exactly.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 10/18/09 02:17 PM
Edited by Rockmybobbysocks on Sun 10/18/09 02:17 PM
do you know what time it is??

ITS PEANUT BUTTAH JELLAY TIME!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ZAGBL6UBA

ITS PEANUT BUTTA JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BATT!!

NOW FREESTYLE!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sat 10/17/09 11:13 PM
holy crap thats crazy. i'm sorry and glad for you since its bittersweet i'm not sure how to even respond LOL

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sat 10/17/09 11:11 PM
I"m dying to see this but i have no choice in the matter. tonight i saw where the wild things are and tomorrow i see the vampires assistant. LOL not my money...

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sat 10/17/09 11:08 PM
So LA Times ripped it to shreds but i never listen to other crits.

So i took my mom and best friend and we sat there in utter awe at the sheer beauty of this film.

holy crap.

i cried like a baby. it was like therapy film style. soo beautiful.

now if you'll excuse me, i must go sleep in a giant cuddle puddle.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sat 10/17/09 11:06 PM
i used to sew long time ago.. made beautiful things. now.. i alter but thats really it. :(

one day.. i'll pick it up again.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sat 10/17/09 02:41 PM
i know that the reporter on ktla here in LA looked all grief stricken and scared through the whole ordeal. but now that we know the kid isn't splattered in a corn field... i dont care anymore.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sat 10/17/09 02:39 PM
ppl will think what they think. i think it shouldn't matter. i think you should do whats right and comfortable for you. and if they stare or say anything, wave, say hi and introduce yourself. it may change their opinions.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sat 10/17/09 12:55 PM

You might want to find a local place to sell thse, especially in pink- for Teens & Tweens.

i actually think its a great idea and i might look into a neato consignment vintage store or something ;p

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sat 10/17/09 12:53 PM

ooohhh soo many!!! i write to soundtracks so its like they are my inspiration..

requiem for a dream
the fountain
oldboy
Pan's Labyrinth
cruel intentions
lady vengeance
donnie darko (but not the released one.. the hand created one pulled from songs they didnt get permission to stick on the album but in the movie)
Jawbreaker
bram stokers dracula
kamikaze girls
50 first dates
collateral
the oceans soundtracks :p (11 12 and 13)
Death Proof :D

I want Zombieland's and Jennifer's Body's soundtracks :D

and videogame soundtracks!!!

castlevania (i wont get too specific)
katamari damacay!~

Death Proof is an awesome soundtrack as well. I love "Hold Tight". I hear that song and I think about the film, when Kurt Russel is getting ready to ram his car into the young ladies car (who are jamming out to the song).

omg seriously!! what a fantastic setup. its funny my favorite song on the whole soundtrack is

BABY.... its you!!

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sat 10/17/09 12:49 PM

ZOMBIELAND...ROCKS!!!
loves it..BM was GREAT IN IT, will see it AGAIN..!!

read at movie site,WOODY would like 2 make another one.

hope so.

yeah they are already talkin about a sequel woooo!

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sat 10/17/09 12:43 PM
let me know if you need a roommate who can pay the bare minimum LOL

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Wed 10/14/09 10:53 AM
my cell phone because its the only phone i have. my crochet needles because they have become a calming tool.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Wed 10/14/09 10:51 AM
crochet

you can stop laughing now. ;p

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Wed 10/14/09 10:46 AM
i cannot believe, as fellow writers, that no one is interested in this. thats just sad.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Wed 10/14/09 10:43 AM
i know i probably shouldn't be allowed near a camera anymore as i cannot take a pic without makin a funny face.

i just made this anime style kitty hat complete with ear flaps, ears, and pompoms for my pal zigi.

it was my first attempt at freehanding something and piecing stuff together and i cannot get over how freakin cheesy adorable it turned out. LOL

what do you think?

also... i'm gonna do it. i'm opening up an etsy store.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25