Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Mon 11/02/09 10:00 PM

Tommy! Can you hear me? The Who rock!!!

LOL my good friend's name is tommy and every time i see him i sing.. in my best Anne Margaret voice

"tommy can you hear me..."

LOL

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Mon 11/02/09 09:58 PM
is anyone else itchin to see this as bad as i am!?

mmmm hot asians tryin to kill each other. holy wow.

*drools*

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Mon 11/02/09 09:58 PM
omg its all over facebook and i'm so excited to see it. :p

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Mon 11/02/09 09:57 PM
coudln't find a full preview! can someone link me!?

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Mon 11/02/09 09:56 PM
LOL same here. I try not to think about it.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Mon 11/02/09 09:55 PM
i just quit fast food cold turkey. so far... i've only thought of it twice. but i'm sure as time passes its gonna get worse before it gets better and i completely forget about it. :p

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 11/01/09 12:21 PM

Show me some fav's or some new stuff and tell me about it... or tell me how you feel about women that sport ink and like to show it off.

I think there should be a story for each tattoo. Many folks
get a tattoo (tattoos) because it's the "in thing" to do,
without any thought for a meaning behind it. It's easy to
tell when it's for "coolness": it's "flash" (tattoo art
hangin' on the walls of the studio).

My ink is found here (all custom artwork):
http://www.checkoutmyink.com/tattoos/caldercay

Edit ... forgot to answer your question:
Women who have nice tattoos are HOT:
http://www.tattooedwomen.info/

the nazareth lion is insane man. thats beautiful.

i have one tatt on my lower back. at the time i thought i got it as a memory for my father but as i get older i realize i got it just to get it. now i'm taking my time in choosing the next piece and knowing that it will truly mean more to me than the first.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 11/01/09 12:13 PM

Well if he went from some alien fish to the alien that would be a lot like what I was after (but without the end being predetermined,) but if it was just from chimp-thing to alien not so much.

I'm mostly only looking for some sketches of the outside shapes of things and maybe once in awhile a cutaway to show some internal stuffs.

During I'll probably be a near endless fountain about how things work from genetics to physiology but I recognize artists are not usually exactly interested in that so people can take it as advice if they want but it won't be mandatory to follow or even listen to all of it :\

He didn't start with a fish. he started with matter. and worked up from there. and he didn't go amphibian. he created a totally crazy creature. he was very uber nerd about it and it was a fantastic project. got him an A. ;p

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 11/01/09 12:10 PM
haha!! i call my sister up and sing that in my lil girl voice and she always calls me back yellin. ;p

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 11/01/09 12:09 PM

I saw it when it first came here and i had to close my eyes at the end, my daughter was braver than i was so she filled me in on what happened but it scared the crap out of me. I dont even remember when the last time a movie scared me like that and I only go to the theaters to see scary movies.

my best friend wouldn't allow me to cover my eyes but at the very end.. man i jumped and screamed. it was just unexpected the way it went down...
:p

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Sun 11/01/09 12:04 PM

I don't understand the whole twilight phenomenon. I have read all of the books and watched the movie only because once I start a series I have to finish it, no matter how terrible it is.

Some of Stephanie Meyer's ideas were decent but the books weren't written well. Perhaps they would have been better if she had written more beforehand. Then again they could have been just as terrible, who knows.

I'm curious as to whether she was writing to go to big screen? I don't recall much of a time distance between when the books came out and when it went into production?

I could swear Harry Potter had a break between the start of the first several books and the movies.

No, Stephenie Meyer never even really planned to write an entire novel, let alone a series. Initially, it was just a story in her head that kept growing as she wrote it down. She was shocked at the popularity of the books herself.

As far as time from book to movie? Twilight the book originally came out in 2003. The movie wasn't in theatres until November 2008. (And she was still writing the last book of the series during the filming of Twilight.)

As far as her writing style? I believe the books are infinitely better than the film (so far). Though I do intend to watch the others. Granted that she had not had any books published before Twilight. But honestly, for an author who has written only a 4 book series along with the single title The Host....and ALL 5 are being made into movies? That is some spectacular luck, especially for a newer author.
(The Host for those who don't know has no vamps/wolves--it's a sci-fi novel and very different.)
The way I see it, even if her style of writing is not your "cup of tea" you should at least respect her in a professional capacity.
And if you didn't like the lines written in for the movie--that's all the screenwriter, Melissa Rossenburg. Casting, IMO left much to be desired for some characters. But essentially Rossenburg kept as close to the original story as possible.

Books and Movies are 2 entirely different mediums for entertainment, and so really can not be judged the same. You invest more time in a book, and so naturally, you will hear most of the people who have read it say they like the books more. And naturally in a roughly 2 hour span of film-time, there is no way to fit an entire book into that time frame.

Though I WILL agree that many of the various movies listed above are better films than the original Twilight Film (But Twilight was extremely LOW budget and the others in the series are spearing no expence so they should be better, along with bringin in a newer, more experienced director.)
Many of the above vamp-flicks are in my personal collection at present. --And I don't believe Queen of the Damned was mentioned yet. John Carpenter's Vampires? From Dusk til Dawn? The Lost Boys? just a few off the top of my head that have not been mentioned.

Exactly.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Fri 10/30/09 03:40 PM
so post a pic in the forum and we'll totally check it out!

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Fri 10/30/09 03:35 PM
this forum was created for the artists to show off their work and talk shop really.. so thats what you'll find here.. artists.

but i dont know many who are willing to do collaborative work.

its to punchy with multiple artists with different forms and such.

I know a guy who did a painting of the evolution of man but it was the evolution of an alien. very neat stuff.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Fri 10/30/09 03:32 PM

wish i could have seen the wussy vamps from twilight meet the badass semi-feral vamps in 30 Days of Night. Edward wouldn't look so pretty after that!

and i still believe that the Terminator should have gone back in time to kill stephanie meyer instead of Sarah Connorbigsmile

30 days of night!? really... the end of that movie made me laugh so hard i cried. who knew it was a comedy!

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Fri 10/30/09 03:30 PM

i'm taking my best friend so she can get her some chiseled body fix and we can be on our way. i may not like stephanie meyer but damn is the girl banking on her talent. smart chick. let me tell you. can't fault for that.

she's pure intelligence for the amount of money she's making off of this.

i hear her other book The Host was crap though. Its on the books to read list so i'll see whether she's kept up the talent pool.

my daughter already bought it
she didn't even finish it

yeah definitely not something i'll purchase. i'll find another way to read it. see what i think. :p

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Thu 10/29/09 09:34 PM

drinker drinker drinker

granted, just because he hasn't seen it, doesn't mean he can't make a judgement on it. he sees it as something that leaks brooding eye liner drenched pop culture fluid from every orifice, and if something like that is unliked by him, then he has his right to judge it.

i went for a very long time without seeing this gag fest, but i knew i was going to hate it. but one day i broke down and downloaded a bootleg of the dvd (hell no i wasn't going to spend a cent on this) and watched it. my hate was affirmed, and here i am now, hating not only this shitty acting and horrid dialog even more.

prisoner, once again i agree with your taste in flicks. Bram Stoker's Dracula was an excellent movie, and i'm proud to say is part of my massive dvd collection

i think that if a person is going to judge any movie or book or music they should at least take the time to watch, read, or listen to it. it. judging something on its popularity or mass appeal is sad and unprofessional for someone who claims to have studied so much.

if you hate something just becuase so many people like it then that is only making you seem narrow minded and ignorant. take the time to actually review it.

then if you still find it total tripe, i will happily agree or disagree with you!

but i won't consider your judgement to mean anything whatsoever if you don't take the time to review it first. thats just wasteful.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Thu 10/29/09 09:04 PM
when i was a lil girl we did neither. we did dia de los muertos.

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Thu 10/29/09 06:05 PM

If you ended up in a deserted island and you could only have one item and it would be in endless supply.

What is the one item you would ask for?

Now not 2 or 3 different ones only one no more........................

Come on now pick wisely.......................bigsmile

I will start it mine would be Duct Tape................will say why later......:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You watched that Myth Busters episode where they made a boat that didn't sink (out of duct tape) didn't you!!!! hahhahaha!

it would totally be duct tape for me too!! i could wax my legs with it... make nifty things outta it.. like the duct tape wallet...

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Thu 10/29/09 06:04 PM

A lifetime pass to the Playboy Mansion!!bigsmile :banana:

what if you got your wish.. as the onsite plumber???
then I find some pipes to plumb on!!!bigsmile :banana: bigsmile

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Rockmybobbysocks's photo
Thu 10/29/09 06:03 PM
omg i wanna cry knowing that i'm not the only one who went through that!!! damn walgreens didnt tell me to take a stool softener with it! so for a week straight i was totally drugged up and eating nothing but apple sauce and rice (tonsiles removed!)

I thought i was gonna die. if child birth is anything like that i never want kids.

*cries as she feels welcome to the bad poo club*

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25