Community > Posts By > rlynne

rlynne's photo
Sun 07/24/11 06:04 PM

Truth by definition is objective, but its perception is subjective.

Humans can only perceive truth.

If truth is objective and perception is subjective then , by process then truth is subjective. I like the explanation if this in Jung's theory of Collective Unconscious
http://www.kheper.net/topics/Jung/collective_unconscious.html

rlynne's photo
Sun 07/24/11 05:59 PM
Psst, they can smell fear! watch if you like, but don't go holding any BBQ's. Never run it draws attention....its an art, really its all about how you walk, hehe

rlynne's photo
Sun 07/24/11 05:47 PM
So long as there is hope there will be light in the dark, so long as there is life there will be hope. It will take a great deal of loss for people to realize they expect too much in the pursuit of happiness.

rlynne's photo
Sat 07/23/11 06:05 PM

I remember an electronic traffic sign in bumper to bumper stop and go traffic on the freeway that said, "delays ahead".

So now traffic signs are pointing the way to a better future?

It could very well be true, lol, who knows, maybe the guy with the cardboard sign is correct, and the end is near, or maybe he really will work for food, you never know till you give it a try lol

rlynne's photo
Sat 07/23/11 06:03 PM

just though it was an amusing political stand point, the yahoo, snap shots of the week include one where hackers redid a traffic warning sign to read, "impeach obama" Perhaps people are noting that change for the sake of change isn't always the best path...

or voting their minds, just as they did for Obama,,,,

I recall the same sentiment about Bush and he didnt run on a campaign of 'change',,,,

between a Mcain/Palin ticket, and an Obama/Biden

it just happened that a majority of people felt more comfortable with the latter than the former,,,,,

I believe something quite different, I believe the majority of the people who voted for obama, voted for reasons other than sound politics...My sentiments have not changed, and for both of bush's terms i was unable to vote and quite honestly too young to truly care about how politics could affect my daily life. Ahh, to reminisce about the freedoms of privileged youth, the ability to care or not without consequence....

do you believe a vote for mccain/palin would be more 'politically sound',,,,,,? just curious?

what are 'politically sound' reasons,,,

Understanding how war works, for starters, particularly when you are in the middle of one. Platforms so often are nothing more than a box you stand on to make you seem more important while you are speaking. Understanding welfare for another, without allowing people to become lazy and co-dependant. The problems with any election are that you must pick between the lesser of two evils, especially when dealing with a populace, who for the most part are ignorant of sacrifice

rlynne's photo
Sat 07/23/11 04:38 PM

just though it was an amusing political stand point, the yahoo, snap shots of the week include one where hackers redid a traffic warning sign to read, "impeach obama" Perhaps people are noting that change for the sake of change isn't always the best path...

or voting their minds, just as they did for Obama,,,,

I recall the same sentiment about Bush and he didnt run on a campaign of 'change',,,,

between a Mcain/Palin ticket, and an Obama/Biden

it just happened that a majority of people felt more comfortable with the latter than the former,,,,,

I believe something quite different, I believe the majority of the people who voted for obama, voted for reasons other than sound politics...My sentiments have not changed, and for both of bush's terms i was unable to vote and quite honestly too young to truly care about how politics could affect my daily life. Ahh, to reminisce about the freedoms of privileged youth, the ability to care or not without consequence....

rlynne's photo
Fri 07/22/11 07:26 PM

rlynne's photo
Mon 05/30/11 06:07 PM
how often do you not meet the filter criteria?

do you have filter criteria?

how important in the grand scheme of things is filter criteria?

rlynne's photo
Mon 05/30/11 06:00 PM
i really want chocolate

rlynne's photo
Sun 05/29/11 09:30 PM
oh i get it she's young and pretty and magical and you only see her when she is picking herbs and crap, but you wanna "play" in the field when you happen upon her?

rlynne's photo
Sun 05/29/11 09:23 PM
why not the milk maid? or perchance the scullery maid?

oooh i wanna make it more fun....i would prolly be the bar wench in this game

what would you be?

rlynne's photo
Sun 05/29/11 09:02 PM
? you mean off of the lion the witch and the wardrobe? or did i miss something...?

rlynne's photo
Sun 05/29/11 08:53 PM
Edited by rlynne on Sun 05/29/11 08:56 PM
so i was reading words on the internet again and in conjunction with the tangled movie in the back ground, i started thinking

I really don't want a prince charming or knight in shinning armor.
I really think i'd be happier with a black smith or a gypsy. Not really sure why, but I know the town drunk won't work for me either...hehe thats a long story....

what would you like?

rlynne's photo
Mon 05/23/11 06:51 PM

i know its rude but i like mine the best http://angeltowerart.tripod.com/

womb-like, bold, raw
it does catch the eye

rlynne's photo
Mon 05/23/11 06:25 PM
it brought tears to my eyes tooflowerforyou kinda still does

rlynne's photo
Wed 05/18/11 05:58 PM

News – This photo from the author's grandfather shows Company 5013-44 - Regiment 2 - Battalion 5 from Sept. …
Sean Durity – Thu Apr 28, 5:21 pm ET
Contribute content like this. Start here.
Wilbert Glenn Adriance, my grandpa, died on May 26, 2010, at the age of 91. Battling her own failing health, my Grandma Bonnie, his wife of almost 69 years, struggled afterward with the grief of their separation. She wondered why she was still here on earth, and over the course of the last year, her mind and body were painfully giving out. Some days she didn't recognize her daughter (my mom) or anyone else.
But then something very strange happened. It was March 7, this year, and it would have been Grandpa's 92nd birthday. My mom received a call from Essex, Md., near Baltimore. She and her family had lived there when she was a young girl. But the caller wasn't any friend or family she recognized. Not many remained there anyway. The call was from Bill, a postal worker. He had a package for Grandma, and it was from Grandpa!
Bill explained that the slightly damaged and opened package was addressed to "Mrs. Wilbert Adriance" and had been sent from Farragut, Idaho, to Baltimore. It contained a picture. And it just showed up in the dead mail that day -- Grandpa's birthday. The package showed significant age, as it included Baltimore's pre-ZIP code zone of 21.
Because the ZIP code system began in 1963, we knew the package was at least 48 years overdue. But Mom knew it was even older. Grandpa had only been in Farragut, Idaho, one time in his life. It was during his Navy basic training in 1944! (Idaho may not seem like a natural place for naval training, but 300,000 recruits trained at Farragut Naval Training Station during its four years of war-time service.) The package was 67 years late!
Because the postal worker's father had lived in Essex, he said he was motivated to go beyond his postal-worker duty and try to deliver the long-lost package. He had found Grandpa's obituary online and eventually was able to reach my mom to arrange express delivery to her address. Mom found it quite ironic that its plastic bag explained that damage "will occur because of the great volume handled and the rapid processing methods which must be employed to assure the most expeditious distribution possible." At 67 years old, the package was actually in great shape.
The small cardboard tube contained only the black-and-white photograph of Grandpa's training class, Company 5013-44 - Regiment 2 - Battalion 5. It was dated Sept. 19, 1944. There was no letter, but I am sure that he sent the picture to say, "We are far apart for now, but I'm OK. I am where I am supposed to be. We will be together soon."
Nearly 70 years later, Grandma was able to see the picture and flashed one of her last smiles. She recognized her 25-year-old husband's picture. She said, "Keep it in a safe place." After 67 years, Grandpa's message was faithfully delivered, exactly at the right time: "We are far apart for now, but I'm OK. I am where I am supposed to be. We will be together soon."
My grandma, Vivian Yvonne (Bonnie) Adriance, died one month later on April 10.

rlynne's photo
Tue 05/10/11 07:23 PM
i dunno but i am so lmao right now i'm coughing and in tears...and the best news nobody else gets the game

rlynne's photo
Tue 05/10/11 07:20 PM
all the lonely people where do they all come from
all the lonely people where dooooo they all belong?
Eleanor Rigby does something in a chair by a door but nobody is coming over!!!

horrible spelling and i do not care.. singing in the shower with no underwear lol.....

rlynne's photo
Tue 05/10/11 07:13 PM
your so vain you probly think this song is about you, your so vain you probly thing this song is about you hehe and it is cuz ur fabulouso! but not the green apple scent i think its yuck

rlynne's photo
Thu 05/05/11 05:54 PM
i do, otherwise i wouldn't be having this conversation

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25