Community > Posts By > Husker5347

Husker5347's photo
Wed 01/20/16 05:15 PM
I will keep you posted I would love to see you. Wheree did everyone go on here???

Husker5347's photo
Mon 01/18/16 04:01 PM
I know I will be heading down to my daughter's in College Station the end of May for my grandson's graduation so will see how things are coming there. What did you ever find out about your medical issues after the accident???? And didn't you have an MRI recently??? Keep in touch.

I told Daisy I loved her every day of her life at least once and usually more than once a day.

Husker5347's photo
Fri 01/15/16 03:52 PM

Ohh my did not realize she was only four. I have had sassy for eight years now and she was about a year old when she was rescued.

Out of all the dogs I have had and passed away she will be the one that I'm not sure what I will do when it comes that time..

All the happiness they give and love it is hard when something happens to them.. I just can't image not having sassy around..:heart:

That's the way I felt about Daisy. I had never bonded with a dog like I did her. I never thought about losing her because I thought I had many years left. Somehow you take a step at a time. Give Sassy an extra hug!

Husker5347's photo
Thu 01/14/16 04:22 PM
Thanks Kristi. She was my girl and I miss her like crazy. She was only 4 so was gone too soon. But she did have a wonderful home and knew she was loved every day. And she gave me love, companionship and happiness every day I had her from when she was just a puppy.

Husker5347's photo
Thu 01/14/16 04:19 PM

I haven't visited here lately and thought I would say hi, I hope all my friends on this conversation are doing well. I have had a tough last month but hopefully 2016 will be a better year. I lost my sweet girl Daisy New Year's Eve morning and so it has been a tough time. Miss y'all!!!!!

Ohh no I'm so sorry to hear that. I know she was very well loved.

Loosing our fur babies is very hard to deal with.. Seems they are only with us a short time...

My heart goes out to you it is a very hard thing to deal with... Just remember she knew she was loved and all the joy she brought to your life...

Husker5347's photo
Wed 01/13/16 04:56 PM

I haven't visited here lately and thought I would say hi, I hope all my friends on this conversation are doing well. I have had a tough last month but hopefully 2016 will be a better year. I lost my sweet girl Daisy New Year's Eve morning and so it has been a tough time. Miss y'all!!!!!

Husker5347's photo
Sun 11/01/15 07:00 AM

husker every thing here is filtered separately.
search filters do not control mail.
any more than the mail filters controls what you see in the forums.
[/quote
Thanks Eric . I am actually aware the search and distance contact settings are separate. Someone just mentioned my search distance and contact setting were different. I actually lived in Lebanon,, NH some 35 years ago. Lots of snow!!!!

Husker5347's photo
Sat 10/31/15 06:27 AM

Seems to be working. Now. Interesting.

Well, your search distance setting, isn't equal to the email filter.

Glad Soufie helped you figure it out.
:thumbsup:

HUH??? Search is set for within 150 miles of my zip code??

Husker5347's photo
Thu 10/29/15 05:53 PM
Seems to be working. Now. Interesting.

Husker5347's photo
Wed 10/28/15 01:50 PM

Your mail shows no restrictions, Husker5347.

You can set some here:
http://mingle2.com/inbox/filters

The filters are not working. Mine is set for 50 miles. I still get messages from everywhere. I'm over here in the east. I get them from the west all the time. I was trying to block some of the scam messages coming out of California. It hasn't worked yet.

Well I am sorry but just went and checked it again and the box is checked and I have it set "must be within 150 miles to contact me". Charles, you are right. It does not work! Has not worked since I have been on here. And they men IF they read my profile which says no long distance and don't bother contacting me still do. I figure most of them look at the pics and don't bother reading the profile.

Husker5347's photo
Wed 10/28/15 11:02 AM
I have my mail setting set to only allow people within 150 miles from contacting me. However, I get messages from people all over the U.S. and every country in the world. Please advise.

Husker5347's photo
Sat 10/24/15 06:25 AM

Where do I change my location where I live. Can't find it to save my soul!!!

From a mobile:
http://m.mingle2.com/edit_profile
From a PC:
http://mingle2.com/user/edit_profile

It will be on the third page of three, the location.
Just keep clicking 'Update My Profile' until you see it :-)

Thank you! That was the problem. I didn't continue on to the next pages. Fixed! I so appreciate both posts which directed me to where I needed to go to resolve the problem.

Husker5347's photo
Thu 10/22/15 04:11 PM
Where do I change my location where I live. Can't find it to save my soul!!!

Husker5347's photo
Thu 10/01/15 05:28 AM

I will let you know when they are completed. Did a bunch of work over the weekend.. by the end of this week I will have everything off the front porch and checking to see what it will cost me to replace the floor on the front porch... Then have to see about the flooring for the living room and hallway.. :thumbsup:

Your dog is welcome too... Sassy is spoiled but she does get along with others just takes her a little bit..bigsmile

Daisy is the same way, takes her awhile to warm up to other dogs. But living in an apartment she is adjusting.

You are really doing a makeover on your house. I know it's a lot of work but sure will be worth it.

Husker5347's photo
Tue 09/29/15 05:39 AM

Seems they all got a lifeslaphead :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well I have a job and an apartment I have been trying to get together. Otherwise not much new in my corner of the world. I miss you guys in Texas. Maybe another time I can make it back and see you guys. I haven't found anyplace close that makes a margarita even close to Chuy's! drinker drinker I guess I will have to keep looking. LOLrofl

Sounds like to me you are getting it all together.. So happy to hear that all is working out for you..

Ohhh heck girl I found another place that has even better ones then Chuy's and they have HH specials as well as give ya some free snacks to go a long with them.. Two margaritas is all I need from there .. :laughing: :laughing:

I do miss our outings..

I'm still working on the house have added the hallway and front porch now to the living room slaphead rofl

I'm shooting for before Thanksgiving to get those areas completed.. Once I'm there I will have a extra bedroom for anytime you decide to come visit..bigsmile

I may make you drink those words girl!! LOL

Husker5347's photo
Fri 09/25/15 05:51 PM

Seems they all got a lifeslaphead :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well I have a job and an apartment I have been trying to get together. Otherwise not much new in my corner of the world. I miss you guys in Texas. Maybe another time I can make it back and see you guys. I haven't found anyplace close that makes a margarita even close to Chuy's! drinker drinker I guess I will have to keep looking. LOLrofl

Husker5347's photo
Mon 07/13/15 10:46 AM

man, this thread used to be happening. are we really reduced to talking about the weather?

It seems that way.. everyone left us... :cry:

Ihaven't stopped in for awhile but I sure haven't forgotten all of you. Miss you all! I have just been busy finding a job and a place to live. And now getting moved in but things are starting to fall into place.:banana: :banana:

Husker5347's photo
Wed 06/24/15 12:20 PM
Well I just moved back to Nebraska from Texas after having been gone for 4 years. The Texas forum was very active. Well more active than here. So just thought I would say hi. I am staying with family right now close to Lincoln but hope to move back to Omaha.flowerforyou

Husker5347's photo
Sat 06/06/15 09:58 AM

i'll help you look for a nice one to start off with

Love the training wheels but I am guessing txsgal would get on that bad boy and ride like she has been doing it her whole life.:banana:

Husker5347's photo
Mon 06/01/15 09:35 AM

forecast is for mostly sunny all week, with highs in the 90's. canyon lake is at 100% capacity, so summer water sports at the lake and guadalupe river should be nice

I guess that is the positive side of the recent rains!!!! love :banana: :banana:

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14