Community > Posts By > Destinysyours

Destinysyours's photo
Tue 06/07/16 05:55 AM

Aaaaawwww.

The OP deactivated.

He seemed like a very sweet guy.

Hopefully when he gets some distance from the incident with his friend, he will figure out a happy medium to his approach.

None of us are experts after all . We are all still trying to figure this love thingy out.ohwell

He most certainly appeared to be. He told me that he wasn't going to find what he was looking for in the forums and elsewhere here. I totally understood that. He wanted mature dialog and he felt ppl were passing judgment based on their own past emotional pain and issues.

He will be fine I believe. If anything, he knows what not to do and with who in the future.

Hey Destiny waving

There will always be a fine line between sharing one's passionate opinion and being judgmental.

Most of the comnents I read here were not insulting towards him, in my opinion.

They were just probably not what he wanted or needed to hear.

He is hurting and his wounds are still raw. Thats totally understandable.

And if you are in that state , social media is not always the best place for you to find solace . You are going to be faced with the good, the bad and the ugly here.

Very sweet guy. Hope he finds what he is looking for .

It appeared that some misread what he wrote.

He mentioned years of friendship, he also mentioned this not being their first meet up. At some point they both decided to see where it may go the second go round.

According to what he stated, he wasn't making attempts to initiate sexual intimacy, but rather a comfortable environment for the both of them.

So as readers of ONLY the details he provided, we can't assume he is or was hurting unless it was stated by him. We can only go with what was presented to us and go from there without adding to it, how it should be, or what we think should happen.

When ppl seek therapy (from an expert in the field) majority of the time you may never get to hear the other party's side of the story, so you must go with only what you have told.

In therapy, there are many reasons why one would seek one. Here on the other hand, he wanted to read the opinions of others. So who won't get the sort feed from a panel of his peers.

You couldn't be more right when you stated media may not be the place for helping someone obtain a clear objective. You never know what issues that are brought into the passionate opinions and judgments of others.

Anyway, hey there Ms. Peggy :smile:

Destinysyours's photo
Tue 06/07/16 04:35 AM

Aaaaawwww.

The OP deactivated.

He seemed like a very sweet guy.

Hopefully when he gets some distance from the incident with his friend, he will figure out a happy medium to his approach.

None of us are experts after all . We are all still trying to figure this love thingy out.ohwell

He most certainly appeared to be. He told me that he wasn't going to find what he was looking for in the forums and elsewhere here. I totally understood that. He wanted mature dialog and he felt ppl were passing judgment based on their own past emotional pain and issues.

He will be fine I believe. If anything, he knows what not to do and with who in the future.

Destinysyours's photo
Sun 06/05/16 02:12 PM

I have a friend that I have known for several years. We met online and had a date at first. It became more of a friendship than anything else over time.

About a month ago we agreed to meet again for the first time in years. And explore the possibility of moving beyond friendship. So I picked her up and we spent the day together. I wanted to make it special for her so I packed a picnic. Drove to some mountain trails. Spent the day outdoors. Later, I cooked her a steak dinner. After that I ran her a hot bath because she said she loved bubble baths. We then slept together (no sex) because I really wanted to get to know her again. When she left in the morning I gave her a tap on the mouth and she was off. I did not hear from her for days.

As a matter of fact, she stood me up the following weekend. When we did finally talk, she admitted to me that I was a perfect gentleman. The picnic. The dinner. The bath. She had the greatest time. Nobody ever treated her with that kind of respect. Nobody had ever done that for her before...and she could not handle it.

For all the talk I hear on this forum from women, wanting "A real man"...."No games"..."No drama", etc. It is my guess that most women today could not handle a situation like this as well. Keep in mind, this was not our first meeting. We were friends for almost eight years. The friendship was well established.

After explaining herself, she wanted to see me again but I declined. Not because I faulted her for having issues, we all do. But for not calling me sooner and talking to me. Being open and honest with a little urgency. Like real friends who care do.

I see nothing wrong in what you did for your friend. Everyone can't handle that kind of intimacy. Some women are used to dogs and when a man can make love to a woman's mind they may run to the hills. Your gestures would not scare me away, because I have a rather healthy and High emotional intelligence.

Now you may have did the right thing in declining. You are not getting any younger. Ask yourself, do you have the time to waste to help HER overcome her issues? A Friendship with her is great. She can have you as a standard for all of the future men she will meet.

If her future men are as half as kind as you, she should be okay. However , in her mind she will know what being treated like a lady feels like because you gave her that, if not anything else.

Job well done :ok_hand:

Destinysyours's photo
Thu 06/02/16 07:15 PM

I've never been but apparently I have family there. Maybe one day I'll make it there.

You need to go visit then! I was recently there and completely fell in love with it! I'm ready to return

Destinysyours's photo
Wed 06/01/16 09:08 PM
Me Before You is heartbreaking, funny, and lovely. See it in theaters this Friday. bit.ly/MBYtix #LiveBoldly.

Such an awesome film based on a novel .

I don't want to give much details away without some of you getting a chance to see it first. But when you do, join me at the round table to share your thoughts and opinions.

Destinysyours's photo
Tue 05/31/16 08:39 PM
PILLOWTALK By Artist Zayn...

sweet and very sexy song to me..:kiss:

Destinysyours's photo
Tue 05/31/16 04:28 PM

Hi my name is Leo, im new here and i want to make new friends... im interested in dating and flirting

Throw in a couple of pics and that's really all you know. No one really pays attention to anything beyond pictures. At least in my case. You will match up with someone

Destinysyours's photo
Tue 05/31/16 05:53 AM

Cops do it with license plate readers all the time. So guess it wouldn't matter.

maybe destinys friend was an undercover fed? shocked scared

Now didn't you read my disclaimer!!! Grrrrr. Not my friend. But you are very warm. Actually you hit the Jackpot with that guess!!!! You with a bag a Cheetos baby boy. I get to have your finger tips though. Deal?

Destinysyours's photo
Tue 05/31/16 05:01 AM
Yup, why rush? See for me I don't use the I internet to find dates. In real life I try my best to fight ppl off of me. So having a friend that is not interested in me is what I seek.

But if not, chatting is cool. In perfectly okay with that. I have chatted with someone for 11 years before I actually met the person. No one was anxious or eager. We were happy with chatting.

Destinysyours's photo
Tue 05/31/16 04:50 AM

Hmm. Is that so? I would think the woman is crazy, just as I would think the man is. Women can be coo coo too

Many ppl tell women to actually have a safety net, to always make sure they're safe. And I am all for that too. Depending on where you go of course, and when. During the day for a coffee, slightly different from meeting at night.
I have been there when I sent info on the guy I was going to meet to my safety net ... You just don't know what kind of wacko you're going to meet. And in general men are still stronger than women which makes women more vulnerable.
Friend of mine had a bloke from a dating site turn up at her door out of the blue, and she NEVER gave him her address ... What if he had been a fruitcake?
You simply cannot be careful enough. In the past most men had respect for women, these days not so much.

Indeed I concur.

The question that most seem to dodge is, what if it is two women meeting f2f for the first time? Is it okay then? Is it not okay?

You mean as friends? I would find that odd. Very odd. Red flags. And I sure as heck would not appreciate her taking a photo of my license plate. And probably try to stop her, but I can imagine I'd feel so flabbergabbered that I'd be slow to react.
If another woman did that when we were to meet for a friendly get-together, I sure as heck would make sure I'd have details on her too, just in case.

There is a very funny ending to this story by the way... Remind to to share it with you in your Inbox.

Oh by the way, you are really wearing that hat well :ok_hand:

Destinysyours's photo
Tue 05/31/16 03:15 AM
Bumpers /cars can be repairs. Lives on the other hand can't. I would be mad as well if it happened to me. I had my cars messed with in the passed. Thats the downfall of having luxury vehicles.

Now back on topic:

I wouldn't want anyone taking pictures of anything that belongs to me without my permission. Ask me first, BEFORE we go out. If a person is that precautious they can: 1) Don't go out anywhere with me and 2) Get to know me for at least 6months or more before we meet.

Destinysyours's photo
Mon 05/30/16 08:16 PM

I would not be offended, I usually use a stolen plate on my first date anyway..JK...

If I didn't have such a headache watching this game I would have fell out of my chair! LoL

Destinysyours's photo
Mon 05/30/16 08:07 PM

I probably would have taken the license plate picture before getting in the car..
just a safety measure on this move I'm thinking and yes, should be encouraged.. how about viewing of the drivers license?? is that going too far?
just asking...

If you must do all of that, don't date anyone period in my opinion. You can never be too careful though I suppose

Destinysyours's photo
Mon 05/30/16 08:05 PM

Nobody does this.
What if.

Nobody does what?

Destinysyours's photo
Mon 05/30/16 07:59 PM
I just received this:

Congratulations! We have cleared you as a spammer. You can now use the site freely. Enjoy!

Why do I keep getting this message????

Destinysyours's photo
Mon 05/30/16 07:43 PM

Do you rock the goggles when you ball?

This game is crazy now!!!

Destinysyours's photo
Mon 05/30/16 05:01 PM
Uhm noooooo! LoL. But I'm pretty good at the shoot outs until my arms get tired though.

Destinysyours's photo
Mon 05/30/16 04:32 PM
Cousin on my father's side

Destinysyours's photo
Mon 05/30/16 04:08 PM

I remember things from my childhood better than I remember yesterday. I still remember Dan Majerle raining 3's in game 3. I remember after John Paxton hit the 3 to give the Bulls the lead in game 6. Kevin Johnson got a great look that ended up being blocked by horase grant.

I'm actually related to Horace... You know your players.

Destinysyours's photo
Mon 05/30/16 03:45 PM

Hmm. Is that so? I would think the woman is crazy, just as I would think the man is. Women can be coo coo too

Many ppl tell women to actually have a safety net, to always make sure they're safe. And I am all for that too. Depending on where you go of course, and when. During the day for a coffee, slightly different from meeting at night.
I have been there when I sent info on the guy I was going to meet to my safety net ... You just don't know what kind of wacko you're going to meet. And in general men are still stronger than women which makes women more vulnerable.
Friend of mine had a bloke from a dating site turn up at her door out of the blue, and she NEVER gave him her address ... What if he had been a fruitcake?
You simply cannot be careful enough. In the past most men had respect for women, these days not so much.

Indeed I concur.

The question that most seem to dodge is, what if it is two women meeting f2f for the first time? Is it okay then? Is it not okay?

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13