Community > Posts By > mikeybgood1

mikeybgood1's photo
Wed 09/16/15 01:05 PM
I seem to recall stories amongst the adults when I was a kid back in the late 60's about how out of state plates always seemed to get ticketed.

Friend of the family was somewhere down south in a town with one stop light. As he pulls up to the intersection, the light goes from green to yellow to red in a split second.

Of course, sitting across the street in his po-leece vee-hick-le is the deputy. The fine for blowing the red light was something outrageous like $275 in 1968. Complaining that there is no way the light can change that fast, the deputy is having none of that and says he'll give the driver 24 hours to pay up, and he can avoid jail.

Not having the cash in his pocket, the driver has has make arrangements to get money. The only pay phone in town is in a drugstore. He makes the call back to Canada to arrange for money to be wired to him. Looking out the window, he's staring at the lights when he hears two fast mechanical clicks, and sees the lights change in a split second.

Whipping his head around, he sees the pharmacist looking down at the floor. Hanging up the phone our driver goes around the counter and sees a pedal on the floor! Someone apparently would sit on a stool all day looking down the road for out of state plates. The lights were rigged via the pedal, and the deputy merrily wrote tickets all day long. He simply charged people whatever he thought they could afford, and extorted the money under penalty of being jailed.

Our driver smartly goes out to his car, grabs the family camera, snaps a few pics of the pedal under the counter, and says he'll call in the state police if his ticket didn't disappear.

Suddenly they were all friendly, and saying oh, they didn't mean anything by it, that's how they razzed the tourists around here. All good clean fun, don't ya know. No need to call anyone, of course they never meant to really make him pay the ticket.....

mikeybgood1's photo
Wed 09/16/15 06:38 AM
Based on the logic used by the judge, you can't fault his point that the state court has no jurisdiction over ending a marriage, since the definition of marriage apparently keeps changing. The length of time between changes is not relevant, the core effect of the change is what's relevant. How can I deal with situations that arise as a judge, with no legal statutes on the books for it?

So the judge thinks, what happens if marriage gets changed next week to a human and a beloved pet? There are no statutes on the books covering say the dog biting the human as spousal abuse? How do I rule if I got such a case? If the human can never house train the dog, and it poops in the house, would that be grounds for divorce? I don't know, he thinks.

So,rather than be accused of making up new laws from the bench, he says screw it. If the Supreme Court is going to ignore the will of the people, the state constitution, and the laws as codified in state statutes, then I'm simply going to allow you to try this case as well.

The article I see also noted that lawyers didn't particularly like him. With this kind of ruling, how could they not? He's providing them with the grounds for all kinds of lawsuits, lobbying opportunities, excuses to run for state legislative positions, etc.

I get he's being a sarcastic and picky son of a gun, but you have to admire the sense of defiance.

mikeybgood1's photo
Wed 09/16/15 06:15 AM
Would agree that the local PD in Ferguson was out of control in regards to issuing tickets to blacks. The arrest warrants for things like not mowing lawns is ridiculous. Most cities have a bylaw that gives a maximum length for the grass. They send a notice to cut it. If you don't a city employee does it, and they add it to your property tax bill. This way the city gets its money and no one has to go to jail.

The news report I watched spoke of a black woman who had a car parked in her own driveway that didn't have current registration tags on it, as she couldn't afford to drive it. The cops wrote her a ticket and fined her, and of course she can't pay the fine. So now she has a bench warrant out for her arrest on the unpaid fine.

We all know cities use tickets and bylaw enforcement to generate cash. The ticket you get for a noise violation because 'someone called the city to complain'. If your car, parked in your driveway happens to have a bumper hanging 2 inches over the sidewalk, you get a ticket because 'someone complained' that you were blocking the sidewalk. Maybe you have even engaged in the criminal act of planting flowers too close to the street! *gasp*

Glad to see however that there is going to be some relief from this overzealous policing. Just wondering however if all these arrest warrants will be expunged from the system so that it doesn't affect peoples background checks for a job? I wonder if your 'conviction' for the overgrown lawn shows up when you apply for jobs? Are these people being listed as a convicted criminals in various government databases? Have these 'convictions' ever led to people being denied employment? If so, is there a case to be had against the city for maliciously creating this criminal record? Hmmmmmm....

mikeybgood1's photo
Tue 09/15/15 07:49 AM
Edited by mikeybgood1 on Tue 09/15/15 08:06 AM
The 'You' I refer to collectively are the politically correct, social engineers who wanted a genteel society where no one ever raises their voice, or says anything negative. You are raising something the rest of us colorfully describe as 'pu**ies'.

'You' are the people who brought us the 'non-competitive music competition', the 'participant' trophy, and the games with no scores. Your thinking has actually led to a kids soccer league in which the game is played...... WITHOUT FRICKIN'SOCCER BALLS!!!!! The players run around imagining how good they are at soccer, and if they THINK they scored, then they did!

The laws preventing speech? Jeez where do you want to start? You can't talk about peoples looks, shapes, sizes, IQ's, skin color, religion, sex, proclivity for sex, their choice of music, food, coffee, or even alcohol because in any context you are 'shaming' people. If you have no medical condition other than an overactive refrigerator door addiction, and weigh 500 pounds, heaven forbid I call you 'fat' and suggest you lay off the Doritos. That's fat shaming. Apparently now you can lose your job over such a comment, especially if you put it on Facebook.

In Canada we've had a comedian sued because a drunk lesbian heckled him on stage, and he made jokes about her being drunk and gay. Her feelings were hurt, and after his set she took a swing at him in the bar. The result? He and the bar had to split a $15,000 settlement for offending her! We had the gay pizza/cake lawsuit long before the U.S. did. We've had privately owned Christian photocopy shops sued for refusing to print gay pride posters.

If I have a problem with Islam, I best keep it to myself, lest the internet mobs shout me down as 'racist' (Muslims are not actually a race you idiots), or Islamophobic (actually I'm not afraid of Muslims, I just think they need to be called out on the level of religiously justified violence they engage in.).

If I think illegal immigration is a problem that costs society in both lives lost and dollars spent, again I'm a 'racist' even though my concerns don't deal with any particular group, it's an organic issue about the sheer volume of the numbers involved.

If I think Planned Parenthood has issues in regards to how they handle abortions (possible illegalities for personal enrichment) or asking people to educate themselves on its founder Margaret Sanger (she believed black people were inferior, and polluted the gene pool) I get called a woman hater, or anti-abortion, or someone who believes in the war on women!

If I point out issues with the Obama White House and how it governs the nation, I'm told I ONLY criticize his policies because he's black! (Yeah it could never be because I think he's doing a lousy job, and would say exactly the same thing if he were white.)

So yeah, if I fear the mob, I sit home with my hands in my lap and keep my mouth shut so that I don't upset anyone. Well guess what? **** the mob. I'll say what I please, and if you don't like it, tough s*it. Sometimes the emperor really does have no clothes on and you need to hear it. Sometimes, either one of us can be wrong. The mob doesn't ever think that it is. That's why someone invented the megaphone. To tell the mob to shut the **** up for a minute and listen!

*drops mic*

mikeybgood1's photo
Tue 09/15/15 06:27 AM
You would have never developed the level of racial polarization that exists today had you not engaged in suppressing racially charged speech.

There are hard core racists in our societies only because no one ever ground them into intellectual dust, and humiliated them into silence. INSTEAD, the chattering classes decided the best approach was to 'simply ignore them' and eventually they'll go away.Wronnnnggg.....

No, all ignoring them did was generate a deeper hatred and to engage in a search for acceptance of these feelings by others. Where the search for similar thinkers had previously ended in local bars or basements, the internet allowed such thought to gain traction, acceptance, and the amplification of numbers.

By passing laws dictating politically correct speech, you attempted to resolve the problem by forcing people to like each other. Guess what? We don't. For any number of logical (political affiliation) to illogical (what do you mean you like that color food?) reasons, we simply don't like some other people on the planet. Maybe they act oddly to you, their native tongue grinds your ear, their music is not to your liking, their social conventions too restrictive, whatever.

The politically correct class wanted to throw us all into a cultural Cuisinart machine, and blend us all into a mankind mayonnaise. Sorry. Not everyone wants to be blended. FORCING people to do anything (including like each other) usually ends with the opposite outcome.

Exacerbating the problem is the worlds crumbling economies and regional wars. Both of these add societal pressures. IF you lose your job to a guy with brown skin, it's a 'quota' that got him the job. If a family moves in next door after fleeing from a country you can't find on a map, they 'smell' or they cook 'stinky food'. I'm not saying these are enlightened opinions (lol) but it is the reality of broken societies to blame the 'new' or 'different' people for their problems. It is also the reason why governments blame external forces for bad internal policies.

Oh the brown people raised the oil prices. Oh the yellow people raised the price of consumer electronics, or the black people raised the price of diamond mining. The problem is generating that targeted blame can translate to violence against those groups in your own streets.

So, the solution? Time to take off the restraints. Let people SAY what they want to say and get out their frustrations, fears, and prejudices. When they have talked themselves out, sit them down and say "Ok, Bob, I understand what you're saying, but did you know....." and have a REAL discussion about race and prejudice. Stop trying to force people to hide their ignorance and hatred. Let it vent, let society exhale, and then use that as a teachable moment.

*drops mic*

mikeybgood1's photo
Mon 09/14/15 10:56 AM
ECLM-- Ending Criminal Lifestyles Matters

HSM-- Head Shots Matter

GQAM-- Good Quality Ammo Matters

PWYWM-- Practicing With Your Weapon Matters

I could go on, but you get the point.

Over the weekend a Kentucky State Trooper was shot and killed by a BLM supporter who lived only a few miles from Ferguson. He attended the Michael Brown funeral, several BLM events, and ironically had pictures taken with cops in Ferguson.

In keeping with the logic used after the Dylan Roof shooting, the logic here is pretty simple. Roof, by virtue of killing black people and being pictured with the Confederate flag causes a social and media firestorm causing its societal repudiation by some.

In that vain, since BLM followers seemingly have a penchant for violence, chanting for the death of police officers, and following through on that, I expect the media to immediately call for the removal of all BLM symbolism from American society. All BLM flags, pictures, posters, Facebook and Twitter accounts should immediately be banned as they obviously are catalysts for violence.

Please don't insult my intelligence by saying "Oh it's just a few bad apples who don't understand the movement." Yeah, well Dylan Roof didn't represent all white people or Southerners, but that didn't stop the tidal wave of historical revisionism.

So, IF you DON'T agree that all symbols of the BLM movement should be banned and removed from public view then YOU are a hate mongering racist, and potentially a cop killer. I mean, I hate to label people, but since whitey got tarred with that 'Racist Redneck' brush pretty quickly for simply wanting to discuss removing Confederate symbols unfairly, then you get the tar as well for not denouncing the BLM movement quickly enough.

Mob rules, right? Squeakiest wheel gets the grease right? Claiming the moral high ground makes your choices infallible and not worthy of critical review, right?

mikeybgood1's photo
Mon 09/14/15 09:21 AM
Edited by mikeybgood1 on Mon 09/14/15 09:22 AM
Man answers the phone with his frazzled blonde girlfriend on the other end.

"Sweetie! I need you to come over right now. I'm having a terrible time with this puzzle I'm doing!!"

Curious, he asks what the puzzle is supposed to be? She answers "I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a tiger, but it's really hard!"

Over to her place he goes, and sees the pieces all over the breakfast table. Immediately he diagnoses the problem.

"Honey? None of these pieces are ever going to fit together so that they make a tiger puzzle. If you make me a coffee, I'll help you put the Frosted Flakes back in the box....."

mikeybgood1's photo
Mon 09/14/15 07:47 AM
So the newest 'miracle' driver has been announced by Taylormade. The M1...I guess the 'M' stands for 'Money' because in Canada this will be a $600 golf club! Again it's the longest, best, blah blah yadda yadda.

For those familiar with the R15, TM put two weights that travelled on a track across the bottom of the face. The weights could be placed at various locations on the track to try and establish the best possible draw/fade power/control geometry for delivering your swing to the ball. Result? No one I know could hit this club effectively, but TM apparently sold a boatload of them.

TM has continued with this dual weight system in the M1, BUT with a twist! One weight continues the draw/fade adjustment a la the SLDR. The second weight is set at 90 degree angle to the first, and travels front to back to modify the spin rate of the club face.

The tracks the weights travel on make a 'T' shape on the sole of the club. There will be three stock shaft options, but no word if these are the 'real' shafts, or a tweaked OEM version of the Fujikura PRO 60, Aldila Rogue Silver 70, or the Kuro Kage TiNi Silver 60.

The club will also feature a full 4 degree loft adjustment as well.

All of this techie talk means that TM has given the average golfer a club that has 12,960 possible settings!!!!! Oh yeah, and did I forget the club has a partially carbon fibre head, and that there is both the 460 cc and 430 cc head available???

I just want to know when TM is going to put a small nuclear reactor in the club? I also think this explains why the U.S. space program has suffered. All the rocket scientists are designing f&%$ing golf clubs that are comparable to the space shuttle for complexity!!!

The question is, will I buy one? Highly doubtful. I wouldn't buy one unless it goes 300 yards consistently. Will I try hitting one when the local store gets demo clubs? OF COURSE!!!! lol What golfer passes up the chance to hit the club that just might be the 'magic bullet'? Does that make me a hypocrite? Nahhh, it just makes me a golfer. lol

mikeybgood1's photo
Mon 09/14/15 07:13 AM
The ones who didn't get to the CVS, liquor store, or check cashing place before they burned down.....

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the police union wasn't going to endorse her...

mikeybgood1's photo
Sat 09/12/15 09:05 PM
Discounted guns AND BEER!!! It's like freakin' Christmas.

Best Saturday is an empty range, 24 cold beer, a plethora of firearms, a creative course of fire, and lots of ammo.

Yes we always have one sober person to make sure we don't ventilate body parts, and no one is staggering around with an automatic weapon in their hands, so it's pretty controlled.

The fallin' down drunk stuff is strictly revolvers only. lol

mikeybgood1's photo
Sat 09/12/15 08:57 PM
Driving through the Canada/USA border about 1980 as a passenger in a van. The young lady in the customs booth asks "Any drugs in the vehicle sir?" The driver says "Sure." She blinks a couple times and says "Excuse me, sir?" The driver reaches down and pulls out a bottle of Tylenol and shakes it a couple times. "I bought these in the States."

Her reply "Don't be a smarta$$, get outta here." He calmly pulls away with about $20,000 in dope in the van. Of course, I didn't find that out until later.*yeesh!*

He figured if I didn't know, it would be easier for me to lie about it.

mikeybgood1's photo
Sat 09/12/15 08:47 PM
Well I saw the 'suspect' pic and Mr. Blake does actually have quite a strong resemblance.It later turned out that the actual 'suspect' was the wrong guy too, so the NYPD really look like the Keystone Kops here.

In the case of Mr. Blake, there is no ID or badge displayed, seemingly no "Police! Freeze!" command issued, just the cop rolling up on him and taking him down.

The NYPD has publicly apologized, and the cop is riding a desk. He has other charges of brutality pending from incidents where a group of officers are alleged to have taken suspects down and beaten them. He's been named as a defendant in at least two of these group cases, and some individual complaints.

As a general rule it is not unusual for a street cop to have a couple unsubstantiated complaints in his jacket. They are usually from career criminals claiming abuse of some kind. They are rarely from model citizens alleging a beat down. They may complain the cop was mean, or unprofessional, or rude writing a ticket, but generally violence is not an issue.

In this case, since it was a non-violent offense being investigated, the cop should have 'badged' Mr. Blake and explained he's being taken into custody for a field interview. They could question and ID him on the spot. You hold up the pic of the suspect and conclude ok, you guys could be brothers, but you're not our guy. Sorry for the misunderstanding, we appreciate you co-operating, and have a great day. I think if you show him the pic, he gets why you detained him and it's a non story.

IF however the takedown to the pavement goes bad, and there is a broken wrist or leg, or a concussion to Mr. Blake, then your liability goes through the roof. If he wants to generate revenue as a tennis instructor or do endorsements for tennis racquets and can't swing one any more, you are looking at millions for a settlement.

As it stands right now, if I'm the NYPD, this cop is toast and has to be kicked off the force. Too many complaints, and now undisputed video. That video is going to be front and center at his other complaint hearings to try and establish a pattern of behavior. He's a wrongful death lawsuit just waiting to happen.

mikeybgood1's photo
Sat 09/12/15 12:52 PM
Edited by mikeybgood1 on Sat 09/12/15 12:53 PM
So a video released by a group called Project Veritas shows Clinton campaign workers knowingly committing felonies while attempting to register voters in Nevada.

Specifically, it is against the law in Nevada, while having a discussion with voters you are registering, as to who they should vote for or how they should mark their ballot. In addition, Nevada law dictates how and where voters can be registered in proximity to state buildings.

Caught on video is how staffers constantly admit they break the law, but simply say when confronted, oh sorry, I didn't know, please forgive me. In addition, a lawyer for the Clinton campaign is telling them to get away with whatever they can until they get caught. They are also told they should hide any campaign info about Clinton they want to hand out, so that they can't get busted for it being in the open where it would be noticed. One guy had a table with Hillary stuff right on while registering people. Clearly a violation, he gets called out on it by a librarian. She actually comes outside to read him chapter and verse of the election law statute. He finds her actions laughable instead of contemplating his precarious legal position.

So the conversation becomes, "Oh are you a registered voter? Do you see yourself as a Democrat or Republican? Well you should go with Hillary! I mean I can't tell you how to vote, you decide that, right?"

The undercover staffer talks about how she walks right up to people in line at the DMV to register them while they wait. A clear violation of the law, by actually being IN a government building. Instead of directing her on this being clearly illegal, they're impressed at how resourceful she is, figuring out that there is no security guard on duty in the office at certain times.

So you have all these people breaking the law, being encouraged by a lawyer to do so, and I'm wondering why there have been no charges laid, why the MSM hasn't asked Hillary a question on this, and when the lawyer will be disbarred for engaging in a conspiracy to commit multiple felonies?????

mikeybgood1's photo
Sat 09/12/15 11:55 AM
Edited by mikeybgood1 on Sat 09/12/15 11:57 AM
Hmmmm. Obama, and a second Nobel Prize. Well any respect the world may have had for the prize and the committee has now been evaporated.

Obama-ites had the first one to laud over everyone's head, but now they'll just be plain ol' obnoxious about it should he be awarded a second.

Let's look at Obama's record on achieving peace shall we?

Afghanistan---Still ongoing with 20,000 killed so far in 2015.
Iraq--- Getting worse since the U.S. pulled out with 11,000 dead in 2015. We now get word that ISIS has used mustard gas against the Kurds in the last week or so.
Africa- Boko Haram started in 2009 with 20,000 dead so far, about half that number just in 2015.
Syria-Civil war starts in 2011 with all 320,000 dead on Obama's watch. About 38,000 just in 2015. A steadily escalating conflict again having had multiple instances of chemical weapons use.
Israelis/Palis- About 2,500 dead in the last year, with no end in sight.
Somalia-3,000 dead this year.
Libya- About 14,000 dead since 2011, with about 2,000 in 2015.
Yemen- About 11,000 dead in the last 4 years, with 4,500 alone this year.
Central African Republic- 7,500 dead since 2012.
South Sudan-- As many as 50,000 dead since 2013.
Ukraine-- Almost 7,000 dead since 2014. The Russians annexing Crimea and looking for more.
Sudan--10,000 dead since 2009.
Mali-- 2,500 dead since 2012.
Burundi- about 150 since the start of the conflict earlier this year.

So, apparently the Nobel people have no access to Google, because I dug this up in about 12 seconds flat. Note that a large number of these conflicts started since Obama took office. These were not 'George Bush' wars that he supposedly had to end.

Of note is the increasing numbers of chemical weapons attacks, and how ineffective the 'vast coalition' of countries has been against ISIS and also in Yemen.

People will point to the recently negotiated treaty with Iran. One that gives a country well known for sponsoring terrorists $100 BILLION dollars, and whose leader recently stated that Israel will not exist in 25 years. A deal predicated on the fact that the west could control the flow of uranium into Iran, because it had little of its own to mine. A situation reported by Reuters this very morning, that has changed dramatically. Iran now claiming to have discovered much richer and larger uranium reserves than previously known. They expect to be extracting it as soon as a new mine can be built. A nuclear deal that has no surprise inspection provision, and requires 24 days notice to inspect a site. A deal which denies anyone access to Iranian military bases in search of nuclear materials. So, if Iran wants to move centrifuges to a military complex, purify it's new found uranium to weapons grade, and then store it on the base until it wishes to weaponize it, the west can't levy any sanctions. Why? Officially, the material won't exist because the west or the IAEA won't be able to see it in person. You can SUSPECT Iran broke the treaty, but you can't actually prove it.

So yeah. Peace Prize. Totally the guy I would have voted for....NOT!!

mikeybgood1's photo
Sat 09/12/15 10:54 AM
Well I can't say I know enough about her tenure as mayor to comment in a detailed manner. I do know that as a general rule politicians think about 'legacy' when they have served the community for a number of years.

I'm pretty sure the mayor doesn't want to live the rest of her days being vilified for her order to the cops to 'stand down' and let the rioters blow off steam. As well, I don't think she wants the current trial for the cops charged in the Freddie Gray death to still be in progress when she leaves office.

I think she'll spend the remainder of her term consolidating her gains, giving things a fresh coat of paint, and maybe get the city to slap her name on a sports complex, or community center.

My suspicion is she's headed for federal politics. She has worked closely with the White House ironically on police procedures, equipment purchasing programs, and various law enforcement policy papers in an experimental capacity with the mayor of L.A. for the last couple years.

Obama apparently likes her, so maybe she'll be chosen from on high for some lifetime appointed government gig.

mikeybgood1's photo
Sat 09/12/15 07:27 AM
Not reported in the U.S. media? Secret bombings only available on YouTube? LMAO. Why? Cause the U.S. media wants to help Israel escape detection in these attacks or something?

Watched a couple of these so called 'nuke' attacks. You can see in one the explosions it is clearly part of a multi bomb 'stick'. One bomb hits something small, and another must hit a weapons depot or gas storage facility based on the size of its primary detonation.

In the second video, the 'nuke' again is part of an attack with more than one piece of ordnance. What's interesting is that there are several buildings only a couple hundred yards away left standing. Pretty crappy nuke if you ask me. Someone call quality control!

In addition, since nukes can blind people who stare at the explosion, how come no one on the videos complains about becoming blind? They can all magically keep their cellphones right on the action, and no one gets vaporized in the process.

mikeybgood1's photo
Sat 09/12/15 07:09 AM
Hmmmm, someone is Mr. Crankypants this morning.

mikeybgood1's photo
Sat 09/12/15 07:05 AM
Ok, I understand the desire some men have to save money on everything. I have to ask the women out there though, would you marry a guy who got your ring in the same place he buys his tires, Doritos, and squeeze bottle salsa?

Regarding the legal case, I guess if Tiffany sent a cease and desist letter at some point, and Costco keeps using the name, then we have a case to go to trial with. If however Costco had done this for years without a peep, then I think Tiffany has little to say in the matter of recovering damages. The court simply orders Costco to stop, and everyone moves on.

mikeybgood1's photo
Fri 09/11/15 10:22 PM
Yeah, I saw reports of the Mecca crane accident. I'm sure the cleric at the mosque has a head spinning right now at a high enough RPM to make table legs.

Crane falls from the sky during Friday prayer. It's September 11th. How much does Allah want you whacked that he drops a crane on your head while at mosque? In Islam it's all God's will, so obviously you and Allah had a disagreement, and you lost.

Now the cleric has to wonder, how bad a mullah do I have to be that Allah turns 100+ of my flock into raspberry tile grout...WITH A CRANE!!! Not the usual Semtex suicide vest under the dish dasha, or a car bomb for mosque redecorating, but a freakin' crane.

Ooooooh how I soooo want the crane to come from a company in New York or Pennsylvania. I am sure there are already conspiracy theories that the Israelis sabotaged it, or that American agents planted nano-thermite charges to melt the steel...

Anyway, on the one hand I'm sure their families are devastated by their losses, and so on purely humanitarian grounds, sorry for your loss. As a fan of irony however, I can't think of a more perfect karmic event except for the crane taking down a plane into the mosque, but that would have been asking a lot of the universe.

mikeybgood1's photo
Fri 09/11/15 09:59 PM
With apologies to queen Aretha

You make me feel....

You make me feel....

You make me feel....

Like a trans-gen-der wo-mannnnnnn......

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 23 24