Community > Posts By > Melaschasm

no photo
Fri 07/03/09 02:52 PM
This is an unusual choice for someone with presidential ambitions. Normally a politician use the power of his/her current job to extract large donations from companies and rich people.

no photo
Tue 05/19/09 04:15 PM
Cleveland beats Denver in the Finals

no photo
Sat 05/02/09 08:09 PM

To continue with a theme, The USA has a culture of war.

The USA was founded in the fires of the American Revolution.

The Manifest Destiny of the USA was achieved by defeating the Native American Indians.

The States of the USA were unified by the 'civil' war.

In WW1 and WW2, the USA acquired a dominant position of power in the World, via war.

With victory in the Cold War the US became the only super power.

It is clear that the USA has a culture of war. Thus we must celebrate the many wars the USA has been in recently as a part of our love of diverse and unique cultures. How can America's war in Iraq and Afghanistan be wrong, if it is our culture that drives us to fight?

You think we can get back on topic here. If you have a personal agenda you want to address perhaps you should start a thread on it.

My agenda? I am shocked and horrified by mutilation of female genitilia. I don't think that we should be celebrating this particular cultural difference. In fact I am a little surprised that so many people seem to think this is okay.

I realize you were posting sarcastically, but sarcastically but by doing so in such hot button topics you draw the conversation off topic.

You have a point, but would the posts have worked if it was about meaningless issues?

I suspect that it is only a passionately held belief that would cause someone to question the validity of their logic in supporting (or at least not opposing) this mutilation in the name of cultural diversity. However, I have made my point, and will not be posting additional comments in the same theme.

no photo
Sat 05/02/09 07:54 PM

The Manifest Destiny of the USA was achieved by defeating the Native American Indians.

In WW1 and WW2, the USA acquired a dominant position of power in the World, via war.

It is clear that the USA has a culture of war. Thus we must celebrate the many wars the USA has been in recently as a part of our love of diverse and unique cultures. How can America's war in Iraq and Afghanistan be wrong, if it is our culture that drives us to fight?

You think we can get back on topic here. If you have a personal agenda you want to address perhaps you should start a thread on it.

My agenda? I am shocked and horrified by mutilation of female genitilia. I don't think that we should be celebrating this particular cultural difference. In fact I am a little surprised that so many people seem to think this is okay.

no photo
Sat 05/02/09 07:28 PM

no photo
Sat 05/02/09 07:17 PM
America is a Christian culture. Why do so many judge and attack the christian culture in America which denies homosexuals the right to marriage?

After all having a Christian culture in America is just a part of the diverse cultures of the world, and we should all be celebrating the American culture which does not allow for homosexual marriage.

no photo
Sat 05/02/09 07:11 PM
We live in a multicultural world. Who are we to harshly judge this culture of another society. We should be celebrating our differences.

frustrated

no photo
Sat 05/02/09 07:06 PM
I have been fortunate to date ladies with a variety of skin, hair, and eye colors.

Based upon my statistically insignificant sample, culture matters much more than color.

Basically, dating a white female from the big city is far more like dating a black female from the big city, than dating a white female from a rural area.

no photo
Thu 04/30/09 04:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLsCC0LZxkY

This is one of the best arguments in favor of legalization that I have heard.

no photo
Thu 04/30/09 04:47 PM
What would be the point of developing a weapon to kill Mexicans?

I could understand someone targeting Whites, or Arabs, or Chinese, since these are the major world conflicts now and for the near future.

no photo
Wed 04/15/09 09:41 PM
Eh, let the Europeans and the UN deal with the Somali pirates. The US is already busy being the world police in other places.

Rather than having the US government spend money to protect those ships, we should just let them buy their own defensive military equipment, or rely upon the support of other Navies.

no photo
Wed 04/15/09 09:12 PM
what I gave up on this topic part way through page three.

I am totally confused by the discussion. When I first heard about the tea party protests, it was in an article by a conservative. The basic gist of the discussion was that a bunch of people unhappy with the proposed tax increases and the out of control spending were going to protest.

I assumed that it was conservative or libertarian groups leading the protests. Was someone claiming that conservatives and libertarians were not the ones complaining about taxes?

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 04:01 PM
I took a mage to max level, and one short of warlord PvP rank before the first expansion, but all that PvP ruined the game for me.

no photo
Wed 04/08/09 08:36 PM

Let's start at the beginning!

How did the Revolution happen?

It cost money. All wars do.
Who was the chief financier of the American Revolution?

I think;

After the revolution our founding fathers saw the danger in using Fiat money. It was over-inflated and considered valueless after the war.

This is why the consitution makes paper money illegal. (Supposedly)

No!!!!!!!
Quite the opposite! Rhode Island was the last of the States to ratify the Constitution.
Why?
Because their farmers demanded paper money....

The First National Bank was Chartered the same year, 1791.

Robert Morris was asked by Washington to be the first Treasurer in 1787, (he declined) but he almost single-handily financed the Revolution.

This proves three things.
1- We have always had paper money.
2- The founding fathers saw a need for a Centralized National Bank, (Hamilton founded it)
3- That it took until 1787 for enough states to ratify the Constitution and until 1791, and the bill of rights being added for all 13 to ratify it.

Number three proves at least two things and that is.
1-That the Constitution never was the perfect document people claim it was. It took 15 years and the bill of rights added before even the founding fathers could reach an agreement to sign it!
2-That the Founding fathers recognized that from time-to-time it may need Amendments added.

One of the greatest things about the Constitution is the ability to change it as needed, by super majority votes. Amendments giving all humans full rights no matter the color of their skin are a great example of how an Amendment can improve upon the Constitution.

The problem that so many conservatives have with the liberal ideas about a 'Living Constitution', is giving Judges on the Supreme Court the right to change the Constitution to their personal preferences without requiring an Amendment. Conservatives also are frequently disappointed when the Federal Government seizes powers that are not given to the Federal Government without passing a Constitutional Amendment.

The Constitution is not perfect, but I have not seen a better way to maximize the freedom of the people. Furthermore, Americans would be much better off if the Constitutional limitations on Federal Government power were more completely enforced.

no photo
Mon 04/06/09 05:05 PM

Thou shalt not kill is a religious teaching. To ban all religion from government means this little rule can not be a law.

That is why saying things like religion should be banned from government is not a good idea.

All morality is based upon religious beliefs. That different people adhere to different beliefs does not change this fact.

If you do not use peoples moral beliefs to write laws, then why should it be illegal to kill people?

Not killing is not necessarily a religious law, it is a common sense law, no religion needed for that one.

Morality is not from religion, that is a myth religious would like every one to believe.

It is common sense because it is a religious belief that you happen to agree with.

Just out of curiosity, where do you think morality comes from?

no photo
Mon 04/06/09 05:03 PM

I am done with talk on religion. Who cares. This doesn't help me with my personal knowledge.

What i want to know is Why do we NEED a central Bank.

Why do we NEED big government?

To have our government centralized?

Why do we need the Department of education?

Why do we need a fiat currency?

In theory the Federal Reserve exists to help smooth out the business cycle. In theory raising interest rates during boom times slows the rate of growth, and lowering interest rates in bad times, helps increase economic growth.

If the Federal Reserve had perfect information, and developed economic theory far enough, then it could use its control over the money supply to avoid depressions, while only having a mild negative effect during economic booms. This theory also requires that corruption is kept to a minimum, or does not exist.

Just as communism sounds great in theory, but doesn't work in practice, monetary economics look great on paper, but don't work so well in the real world.

no photo
Mon 04/06/09 04:59 PM
Thou shalt not kill is a religious teaching. To ban all religion from government means this little rule can not be a law.

That is why saying things like religion should be banned from government is not a good idea.

All morality is based upon religious beliefs. That different people adhere to different beliefs does not change this fact.

If you do not use peoples moral beliefs to write laws, then why should it be illegal to kill people?

no photo
Mon 04/06/09 04:50 PM

In this country Christianity in all it's forms has participated and empowered our government from the beginning which was against what was in the constitution.

If we are to be correct with the constitution the government has to be "religiousless" in order to be respectful to all religions.

This is the problem with those who want to specifically exclude Christians from government. We all have philosophical beliefs which influence our actions, the key is to keep the power of government limited so that the beliefs of the majority do not provide a means to destroy the minority. If we specifically exclude Christians, then it will be Christians who are persecuted by the government.

It is much more tolerant and open to restrict the power of the Federal government, than for the government to specifically endorse or attack a religion.

No one is specifically targeting Christians, Christians feel it because they were eroneously the participataries in the government from incept.

All religion needs to be removed from the government so that the government will be showing no favor to one religion over others.

If you remove all religion from government then it should be legal to sell permits for the rich to kill the poor, since it is only silly beliefs in the sanctity of life that stand in the way of such laws.

no photo
Mon 04/06/09 04:42 PM
Edited by Melaschasm on Mon 04/06/09 04:52 PM

I agree that there are Christians who behave in an intolerant way. All religions are made up of imperfect people who behave badly.

Big Government Liberals both Christian & Anti Christian, by using the Federal government to promote their agenda and philosophy, force their opponents to use the Federal government to battle for their agenda and philosophy. Only with a small Federal government is it possible for people with differing religious and philosophies to freely practice their beliefs.

That is a great example of why the Federal government power was limited by the Constitution. Once the Federal government power extends into the daily lives of the people, then the people will fight over how that power should be used.

Big government liberals....???!!!!laugh It has always been the right wing pushing religious doctrine into the government and onto the citizens.

The size of government has absolutely nothing to do with keeping religion out of the government. We can keep religion out of the government very easily, remove all traces of it and keep it that way.

There are Christian Big Government Liberals who want to use the power of the Federal Government to impose their Christian beliefs. There are also Anti Christian Big Government Liberals who want to use the power of the Federal Government to attack Christians.

The wonderful thing about limiting the power of the Federal Government, is that neither side can subjugate the other side. That is why I agree with Ron Paul, that we should not have such a dominate imposing Federal Government.

The reason why I refer to Christians who want to use the Federal Government to impose their beliefs, as Big Government Liberals, is because it is the left leaning liberal philosophy which supports Federal government power, while conservatives, and to a greater extent libertarians oppose giving the Federal government the power to decide people's religion.

no photo
Mon 04/06/09 04:27 PM

In this country Christianity in all it's forms has participated and empowered our government from the beginning which was against what was in the constitution.

If we are to be correct with the constitution the government has to be "religiousless" in order to be respectful to all religions.

This is the problem with those who want to specifically exclude Christians from government. We all have philosophical beliefs which influence our actions, the key is to keep the power of government limited so that the beliefs of the majority do not provide a means to destroy the minority. If we specifically exclude Christians, then it will be Christians who are persecuted by the government.

It is much more tolerant and open to restrict the power of the Federal government, than for the government to specifically endorse or attack a religion.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13