Community > Posts By > 1860Susan

1860Susan's photo
Sat 12/06/14 05:14 AM
like to be friends with

1860Susan's photo
Sat 12/06/14 03:52 AM
Welcome and glad to hear you haven't given up entirely.

Best of luck to you.

1860Susan's photo
Sat 12/06/14 03:43 AM
David I do believe you are an artist. Or you have way too much time on your hands. Very nice.

1860Susan's photo
Mon 12/01/14 03:07 AM
I worked in Hospitality Management in large convention and resort hotels for 28 years...it was interesting, extremely busy, and I was always on call, so to speak. I finally gave it up and took a couple of years just working where-ever, then chose to work with the elderly.

For the past 7 years I have been working at a wonderful campus for the elderly, independent living, assisted living, alzhiemers, and total care facility. You would not believe how rewarding it is to be with these folks.

Anyone looking to make a difference in people's lives, check it out. There are lots of volunteer opportunities available too. You won't regret it.

They and their families need you.

1860Susan's photo
Tue 11/25/14 04:13 AM
Here's to my best friend, Matthew, and his beautiful significant other, Amber.

Don't know what I would do with out him.

1860Susan's photo
Tue 11/25/14 04:06 AM
My soon to be ex-husband would be considered by most to be a narcissist. We battled this together for many years. He even agreed on occasion and tried to settle down and be more empathetic of others, on numerous occasions. Although, mostly he would just brood in our bedroom and ignore everyone, probably until he saw how this would help him. This was never an easy task for him. But I always felt I could rein him in, before he damaged a relationship with a friend or another family member. This worked for more than 20 years.

Well sooner or later, you have to let them fall. It is only when they fall that they recognize their problem. In less than 6 months, he has left the woman he left me for, his friends, and his job. He didn't have anyone to rein him in.

He knows it's his fault and is trying to fix himself, living alone. He doesn't blame me, but I do. I knew what I was doing when I did it, I let him knowing what he would do. Self destruct. Hopefully, he will figure it out and find a life that works for him.

Stay away from this personality unless you can handle the lies, cheating, and too many confrontations. This can seriously damage your psyche.

This is serious. Although, I did have boundaries, and never took the accusations or blame as my own, which upset him. I still stayed and remained loyal. You will find many of the same ilk with this personality.

Better to stay away.

1860Susan's photo
Tue 11/25/14 12:51 AM
Strange..I disconnect all the time. During the day I work with people that are dieing or who have sustained a major injury. In the evening I am with people that I am interested in and want to be part of their lives, whether that is talking, laughing or crying.

So BE HERE NOW, has always been a motto to live by.

You can't be in the moment if you keep getting pulled into another.

I don't need an excuse. That is the way it is. Most people accept that.

1860Susan's photo
Tue 11/25/14 12:10 AM
Take it slow my friend. You will find what you are looking for. Either here or around the corner. Best wishes.

1860Susan's photo
Thu 11/20/14 03:00 AM
Love meeting new people here and reading the community discussions. It is enlightening to say the least. It certainly feeds the inner child.

Thanks to everyone for making it so enjoyable.

1860Susan's photo
Wed 11/19/14 03:18 AM
I am out of coffee. Seriously?

1860Susan's photo
Tue 11/18/14 06:00 AM
Very nice Viper

1860Susan's photo
Tue 11/18/14 04:42 AM
Hoping it is yet to come.

1860Susan's photo
Tue 11/18/14 04:23 AM
You might want to add a picture and something to your profile if you want someone to talk to you.

1860Susan's photo
Tue 11/18/14 04:19 AM
Be careful what you wish for.

But hope you find out what you want. Enjoy.

1860Susan's photo
Tue 11/18/14 03:53 AM
Celebrated 24 and then gone. So yes it was worth it. I would do it again if the circumstances are right and the chemistry sparked.

Just not sure it could happen a second time. You never know though, so I stay open to it.

1860Susan's photo
Tue 11/18/14 03:48 AM
Hi Sunny,

Hope you find what you are looking for. Which of course may change after you have been here awhile.

1860Susan's photo
Mon 11/17/14 12:17 AM
Too much of anything is too much. Religion or drinking. But when they are mixed it is very interesting.

1860Susan's photo
Mon 11/17/14 12:12 AM
As an avid local historian and genealogist I can tell you that the woman in Wisconsin have most always been sassy and free thinkers. Their personal stories are amazing.

Sitting with women in their 80s or 90s and listening to their stories is inspiring and down right funny. I wouldn't tangle with them.

1860Susan's photo
Tue 11/11/14 01:09 AM
All good.

It all depends on who I am with and what we are doing.

1860Susan's photo
Tue 11/11/14 12:58 AM
I don't believe she has. But she settled for a best friend and they get along pretty well. We will have to see if he turns into her dream.

That is always possible too you know.

Previous 1