Community > Posts By > Tomishereagain

Tomishereagain's photo
Mon 11/09/15 08:58 AM
A Little Bit Zombie (2012)
Always Watching - A Marble Hornet's Story (2015)
Ant Man (2015)
Blunt Force Trauma (2015)
Crawlspace (2013)
Dutch Kills (2015)
Enemy Empire (2013) ~ bluray
Guardian of the Realm (2004)
Helen Keller VS Nightwolves (2013)
Hidden Agenda (2015)
King Kong (2005) ~ Extended bluray
Lonely Place to Die (2011)
Phantom of the Woods (2013)
Pink Eye (2008)
Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre (2015)
Shelter (2015)
Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) ~ hd
Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002) ~ bluray
Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005) ~ bluray
Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) ~ hd
Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) ~ bluray
Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983) ~ hd
The Condemned 2 (2015)
The Fear - Halloween Night (1999)
The Green Inferno (2015)
The International (2009) ~ bluray
The Name of the King 1 - A Dungeon Siege Tale (2007)
Visitors (2003)
Wrecker (2015)

Tomishereagain's photo
Mon 11/09/15 08:00 AM
sometimes older movies are worth watching more

Agreed!
Back when you had to have talent to be a star.

Tomishereagain's photo
Mon 11/09/15 07:56 AM
Hamburger Hill. A great realistic war movie!!!

Remember the old TV show: Combat!

You should check out Fury

Good story about a tank crew

Tomishereagain's photo
Sun 11/08/15 08:28 PM

Shooting for 1 episode per week till the new one comes out.

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/06/15 07:07 PM

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/06/15 04:42 PM
Anything and everything that reduces risk should be weighed upon??
After all this one is in line with the gorilla and the dog (Russian) that went out in space before man..

Hmmm, You're serious eh?

Sending an animal into space as a test is much less complicated than sending an animal to another planet that is hostile to life as we know it.
Not only would there be little chance of the animal making the trip to Mars, even if it landed safely and had automated functional space suit and support systems one tear in the suit and bye-bye animal.

Animals can be trained to do many things but no animal can be trained not to do something unexpected. Except man.

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/06/15 04:36 PM
@Metalwing
Thanx, I expected more responses like yours.

The underlying cause for panic is that we are creating a planetary enviroment that is not conducive to our current metabolisms.
I recently discussed with a group that felt we were destroying the Earth because of our carbon emmissions. We are not destroying the Earth. We are destroying our enviroment but the Earth has and will get much hotter. Normally.

People are so deluded with their own importance they fail to understand that nature doesn't care. Sure we can curb our disasterous tendancies but the Earth will be here long after we are all gone.

Also, just think of the climate once Yellowstone Super volcano erupts. We are overdue given the planets history. At that point, all the panic will be moot as we try to stay alive.

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/06/15 04:19 PM
Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

* is also known as hydroxl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
* contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
* may cause severe burns.
* contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
* accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
* may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
* has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Contamination Is Reaching Epidemic Proportions!
Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the midwest, and recently California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

* as an industrial solvent and coolant.
* in nuclear power plants.
* in the production of styrofoam.
* as a fire retardant.
* in many forms of cruel animal research.
* in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
* as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The Horror Must Be Stopped!
The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

It's Not Too Late!
Act NOW to prevent further contamination. Find out more about this dangerous chemical. What you don't know can hurt you and others throughout the world.

Based on an unoriginal earwig forwarded by Sue Sinclair.

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/06/15 04:15 PM
For years, it has been believed that electric bulbs emit light, but recent information has proved otherwise. Electric bulbs don't emit light; they suck dark. Thus, we call these bulbs Dark Suckers. The Dark Sucker Theory and the existence of dark suckers prove that dark has mass and is heavier than light.

First, the basis of the Dark Sucker Theory is that electric bulbs suck dark. For example, take the Dark Sucker in the room you are in. There is much less dark right next to it than there is elsewhere. The larger the Dark Sucker, the greater its capacity to suck dark. Dark Suckers in the parking lot have a much greater capacity to suck dark than the ones in this room.

So with all things, Dark Suckers don't last forever. Once they are full of dark, they can no longer suck. This is proven by the dark spot on a full Dark Sucker.

A candle is a primitive Dark Sucker. A new candle has a white wick. You can see that after the first use, the wick turns black, representing all the dark that has been sucked into it. If you put a pencil next to the wick of an operating candle, it will turn black. This is because it got in the way of the dark flowing into the candle. One of the disadvantages of these primitive Dark Suckers is their limited range.

There are also portable Dark Suckers. In these, the bulbs can't handle all the dark by themselves and must be aided by a Dark Storage Unit. When the Dark Storage Unit is full, it must be either emptied or replaced before the portable Dark Sucker can operate again.

Dark has mass. When dark goes into a Dark Sucker, friction from the mass generates heat. Thus, it is not wise to touch an operating Dark Sucker. Candles present a special problem as the mass must travel into a solid wick instead of through clear glass. This generates a great amount of heat and therefore it's not wise to touch an operating candle.

Also, dark is heavier than light. If you were to swim just below the surface of the lake, you would see a lot of light. If you were to slowly swim deeper and deeper, you would notice it getting darker and darker. When you get really deep, you would be in total darkness. This is because the heavier dark sinks to the bottom of the lake and the lighter light floats at the top. The is why it is called light.

Finally, we must prove that dark is faster than light. If you were to stand in a lit room in front of a closed, dark closet, and slowly opened the closet door, you would see the light slowly enter the closet. But since dark is so fast, you would not be able to see the dark leave the closet.

Next time you see an electric bulb, remember that it is a Dark Sucker.

Based on an unoriginal earwig sent bt H J Robinson, June 1996.

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/06/15 04:09 PM
Contrary to popular imagery, the asteroid belt is mostly empty. The asteroids are spread over such a large volume that it would be improbable to reach an asteroid without aiming carefully.

Asteroids are not distributed uniformly in the asteroid belt, but could be approximated to be evenly spaced in a region from 2.2 AU (1 AU is 93 million miles, or the average distance between Earth and the Sun) to 3.2 AU from the Sun and extending 0.5 AU above and below the ecliptic (the plane of Earth's orbit, which is a convenient reference for the solar system). That yields a volume of roughly 16 cubic AU, or about 13 trillion trillion cubic miles. (Note: space is big!)

On the asteroid belt’s orbital and size distribution
http://orbit.psi.edu/~tricaric/pdf/skads.pdf

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/06/15 04:01 PM
No, the Moon did not create the molten outer core of the Earth, Yes, it is also from pressure and remnants of the Earths initial formation.
The Moon does however, affect the flow of the core tidally. The Earth and Moon revolve around each other at a barycenter. The tortional forces on the molten iron core has a cycle. As the Moon slowly moves away from the Earth, that tortional pull will diminish. The core will begin slowing and over ages it will eventually stop. At that time there will be no Magnetosphere to hold back solar winds and CMEs.
The Plates of the crust will contract and the Earth will get smaller, more compact.

All very much like what we see in Mars right now.

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/06/15 03:53 PM
On a similar note; may be NASA should consider landing polar bears somewhere near the Mars pole before any of their 'manned missions'? Assuming details like training, light gear and a supply of frozen fish (for 2 years). Add some friendly rovers to keep them company and observe their survival techniques.

is this practical?

Taken as trying to be cute. LOL

If you were serious? Hahahaha

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/06/15 03:52 PM
wouldn't most the water/co2 get absorbed by the asteroid belt? after that, there's Jupiter, with smaller rings, then Saturn, with the biggest rings... so it seems likely the AB and Jupiter would get most all of the water molecules,. unless it was a massive blast from the sun with Jupiter on the other side of the solar system at the time...

I believe some of the water does reside in the Asteroid Belt. However, I read on the NASA website that the Asteroid belt is sparsely populated. It has high and low density spots.
Plus, if you can imagine an entire planetary ocean system being blasted into space from a CME, some of the water should still be travelling.

Ganymede & Europa may actually be populated with water from Mars along with water that formed in the Solar system naturally. Enceladus at Saturn could also have Mars water in it.

I have always imagined a great mining system out near these planets. Mining for water ice for use in refueling stations for extended missions to the outer system.

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/06/15 03:42 PM
Global warming is a real condition that is happening right now.
But its not what you think.

Our star, The Sun, is roughly 4.5 billion years into its 10 billion year life. Scientists call it being in Main-Sequence because it is burning its fuel at a pretty steady rate.

However, as the Sun ages. It burns hotter and hotter. Eventually the Sun will sluff off parts of itself as it starts dying. Those shells will engulf the Earth and fry it to a crisp. The Earth will be long dead by then, succumbed to the ever increasing heat.

The Moon is slowly moving away from the Earth. This decreases the tidal forces on the Earth. I'm not referring to waves on the ocean. I am referring to the magma flow inside the outer core. As the core slows, the Earth cools offsetting the increase in Solar temperature.

As the dynamo of magma that creates our magnetosphere weakens the Sun's solar weather will sluff off more and more atmospheric gasses that we call air. As that layer of insulation diminishes more radiation will reach the surface increasing the temperature of objects.

The Earth is not Venus. It does not have runaway greenhouse gasses causing global warming. It will never have the extreme conditions needed to cause the heat buildup of Venus.

Currently we are coming out of the last ice age. The polar ice caps are not a fundamental feature of the planet Earth. There will be another ice age, likely quite a few more. It is the natural cycle of the Earth.

Warming, yup, its warming. Anything to be concerned with, well, the coastal cities might be a problem but the Earth itself will be just fine.

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/06/15 03:25 PM
A server brings out a live monkey which is enclosed in a central cage in such a manner that its head is all that is exposed. Hammers are then distributed to the restaurant patrons, who proceed to hit the monkey in the head until it dies. The server then cuts open the skull to scoop out the monkey's brains directly onto the plates of the customers.

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/06/15 03:23 PM
Monkey meat is prepared fresh in rural areas. It is also smoked to preserve it and allow it to be sent to market in the cities. A common sight along rural roads is smoked whole monkeys for sale, tales tied to heads to make carrying handles. Fresh monkey meat is often cooked in a Tomato Sauce made from tomatoes, chile peppers, and onions. Smoked monkey meat can be prepared in a Tomato-Peanut sauce: Soak the smoked meat in water, then rinse and drain it. Fry tomatoes, onions, chile pepper, in hot palm oil. Add tomato paste and the monkey meat. Simmer until all is tender. Season with salt and pepper.

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/06/15 03:20 PM
Extropian Ethics

A being is any entity possessing life, sentience, or intelligent volition, and are the only entities that have rights. There are two classes of beings: persons and organisms. A person is any intelligent being with significant volitional control over how it affects other beings.

All persons have the right to life and liberty.
All beings have the right not to suffer torture or extinction.

Thus persons are obligated to minimize the incidence of

deaths of persons;
extinctions of species;
aggression; and
torture.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a quandry in my understanding of reality.
In reality there are no rights.

Rights are something that must be given and accepted.
They are a social control used to influence other people.
Just because something is alive does not give it a right to live.

If you were the only person alive on the entire planet. What rights would you have? NONE.

The Universe is more likely to kill you than protect you.
The only rights you have are the ones others give to you.

Living in a society like we do, rights are very important. They can be revoked quite easily tho. If a murderer is going to kill you, your right to life is being revoked. If a lynch mob captures you and ties you up and burns your feet, your right to be free and not to be tortured has been recinded. Even tho, for society as a whole those rights still exist your rights can be removed.

Rights are actually a delusion. Reality makes no assertion of rights.

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/06/15 03:08 PM
I don't think the Laws of Physics are changing over time. I think there are errors in the laws as we understand them and over time we come closer and closer to the reality.

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/06/15 03:04 PM
I remember back in High School when my science teacher suggested that the rings of Saturn were made of water ice. I suggested that the solar wind probably blew the water from Mars out to the outer Solar system.
Back in that day & age kids were not supposed to think outside the textbook so I got reprimanded and told to study harder.

Then Voyagers found water ice moon, water ice rings around all the outer planets and I reasserted my idea that it was Mars water in an email to Carl Sagan. No reply.

Now, NASA comes to the conclusion that the Solar weather stripped Mars of its Water reserves and blew them off into space.

DUH!

Tomishereagain's photo
Fri 11/06/15 11:54 AM
So, I cooked up some red hots for lunch and as I was about to make some sammiches of them I noticed my bread has gone moldy. Looking around for another handle for these hot little dogs I found tortilla shells. Well I diced them up and added some cheese and nuked the whole burrito for 30 sec. Topped with salsa. Man, let me tell ya, That burrito was awesome! I think I have a new favorite way of eating red hots. BTW - I HATE HOT DOGS! Red Hots are not Hot Dogs.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 22 23