Community > Posts By > foxes_are_neat

no photo
Sat 03/14/15 05:40 PM
Edited by foxes_are_neat on Sat 03/14/15 05:46 PM

Hello everyone,

I have always been considered an introvert, or just plain weird by people who don't know what an introvert is. Some people find it down right bizarre for a person to voluntarily stay at home on the weekend even when there are "fun" events going on.

Once my own mother has told me that I should go out more and enjoy myself. What she doesn't understand is

Wow chill. You seem cool. Life is yours to lead, do what makes you happy. Being good at pretending to do stuff just makes you kinda a psycho. Mums gave us life, but that was their choice, in their life, for whatever reason. As well as they might mean the second you pop out your life belongs only to you.

no photo
Sat 03/14/15 05:31 PM
Edited by foxes_are_neat on Sat 03/14/15 05:32 PM

women want equality, yet they welcome any promotions, welfare schemes specially for them.

There is no man's day.
Do women take pride to accept good wishes on woman's day and celebrate it?

There is a womens day???

no photo
Sat 03/14/15 05:27 PM
ha!

no photo
Sat 03/14/15 05:22 PM
The feel of un-glazed terracotta. I need to immediately drop that sucker but ,modern life dictates I cant.

no photo
Sat 03/14/15 05:19 PM
Just human connection. Tried a for friends only site but ...well apparently nobody signs up for that.

no photo
Sat 03/14/15 05:17 PM
how does a theory like that come about?

no photo
Mon 03/09/15 12:41 PM
If you could choose to have one super power or extreme talent what would it be?

no photo
Mon 03/09/15 12:39 PM

I fear my parents because they are irresponsible and lack empathy 2 very bad characteristics (I guess that's not what kind of fear I meant)...I meant fear in the way a father who earns respect by having a strong moral character (a child would sense this and not want to cross him)...the kind of father I wish I had actually.

That sounds more like respect than fear, though I suppose in many circumstances the lines blur significantly.

no photo
Sat 03/07/15 08:04 AM
I'd say yes. For me it does anyway. Think back to when you were 15 and whether you genuinely found people of 50 attractive or not? Ask yourself at 50 whether that whether that teenager will understand you and life in the way you may need them to in order to get you. So for the me its obvious that age does matter but to what extent must be personal choice. I think it would be a struggle for me to make up for ten years understanding and perspective but less than that is maybe doable depending on the person. I think understanding is one of the most important things in a relationship. 20 year old me would have had no chance at understanding who I am now so it seems unfair to ask that of 20 year old someone else. But people age differently and reach different perspectives at different times so there is no absolute.

no photo
Sat 03/07/15 07:40 AM
Interesting question. I am not sure I fully understand what love is but so far I would call it something like "I do not want a future without this person in it"

I think maybe love has got all mixed up due to the constant bombardment of images and commercials that are always selling you "the dream". Like a photo in peoples heads of what happiness and love looks like, but its worth remembering that if you are looking at the picture you are outside of it.

I think maybe a lot of people might have better luck if they are actually "in" their lives rather than in their own heads looking at a picture taken by someone else and wondering why they can't step into it.

Find people you enjoy spending time with for whatever reason (a tough enough task as it is) and just enjoy it for what it is without the pressure of a final destination would be my philosophy

Sorry I am not sure whether that's relevant to topic or just me rambling.

no photo
Sat 03/07/15 07:20 AM
That's a very dark view of humanity you have there. Sadly I think many people run along the same lines. I'd say that it's a philosophy that would work in the short term but is doomed to fail in the long run. Also it makes you a total *******.

no photo
Sat 03/07/15 06:59 AM
That is a very interesting point. As much as the west has made a lot of progress towards equality, my personal experience suggests that actual equality is a ways off yet. There seems to be a lot for us all still to learn. I think despite technological advances in our lifestyle there is still a lot of latent tribalism in the human psyche. It seems people still feel more comfortable with "us" and "them".

no photo
Sat 03/07/15 06:51 AM
Nope no real women here. We are all imaginary Nigerians.

no photo
Sat 03/07/15 06:49 AM
Everywhere. Vietnam road trip sounds pretty neat and more importantly closer to budget.

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 10:42 AM
So many jumpers I can hardly move. Its goddamn freezing!

no photo
Sun 12/07/14 10:39 AM
For friends and interesting conversations.

no photo
Thu 12/04/14 03:00 PM
I thought ghost dog was pretty good.

no photo
Thu 12/04/14 02:57 PM
Free Jimmy- A movie about an elephant addicted to heroine
City of embers - Bill Murry gets eaten by a giant mole.
The Cube- weird
Sante Sangre - weirder

no photo
Thu 12/04/14 02:52 PM
XO sauce

no photo
Thu 12/04/14 02:51 PM
Make paper boats.

Previous 1