Community > Posts By > GaryGuitar

GaryGuitar's photo
Wed 04/08/09 07:06 AM
I think it's a fantastic idea.
I'm a former CADC (Drug and Alcohol Counselor) as well as recovering addict/alkie for over 20 years, so I know about stereotypes and other people's ignorance and misconceptions.
A lot of friends tell me I should write a book, but I always tell them no one would believe it!
You're idea sounds like something really worth pursuing. Many people consider even the term "mental illness" to mean you're a raving lunatic or a knuckle dragging moron and associate it with being completely unable to function or walking down the street having conversations with yourself.
There are so many people out there, right now, suffering from depression, bi-polar, whatever, and they think of "mental illness" as something someone else has. Mental illness can be very subtle and go for years misdiagnosed or undetected, depression being probably the most overlooked unless it's severe.
Great idea. Keep it up and help banish the stigma so many people carry around.

GaryGuitar's photo
Wed 04/08/09 06:53 AM

Yes, when I was working as a cashier. He left notes on my cash register. He finally revealed himself last Valentine's Day. A 19 year old boy! sick

You were the mysterious "older woman" to him. To me, you would be the hot young babe.
Yes, I've had a couple of secret admirers and when they revealed themselves it was a lot less fun. Wasn't really interested in either one and I guess they knew or sensed that, hence the "secret"(?).

GaryGuitar's photo
Wed 04/08/09 06:42 AM
Share the middle name of my father and used it as my oldest son's middle name as well, "Raymond". Pop is Frank, but everybody calls him Ray. Everybody calls me EZ. Can't say Raymond is the coolest middle name, but it's now got some history behind it.
smokin shades

GaryGuitar's photo
Wed 04/08/09 06:33 AM
Both, but I'm a lot more active on another singles site.
I've met a couple women through Mingle2 but it's more about being entertained by the forums.

GaryGuitar's photo
Wed 04/08/09 06:30 AM

OMG, I thought I was gay... then I met you...

I love it!! How about: "
If God made anything better than long-legged women like you, I won't see it until I get to heaven."
It has worked.

GaryGuitar's photo
Mon 03/30/09 02:36 PM
My favorite omelette is Lox and Onion with fresh dill and creamy horseradish sauce (my own, homemade) with home fries and wheat toast.
Otherwise: Over medium, scrambled, poached, basted and Eggs Benedict.
I also like to make 'em with some nice sausage gravy on biscuits with a side of grits (real grits, not that instant junk).

GaryGuitar's photo
Sun 03/29/09 08:37 AM
There's NO activity here. I thought we always had it going on in the Garden State? No wonder we're all on a singles' site!

GaryGuitar's photo
Thu 03/26/09 09:26 AM
Psycho I was dating, years ago (during my active addiction) threatened to have me killed. I had my brother in-law and a couple of friends put her Honda Civic in the back of my brother in-law's garbage truck and crushed it. Called and told her, next time she'd be in it. Never heard from her again......imagine that.
Don't think it's all that funny, now, but laughed like hell then.oops Did I do that?pitchfork

GaryGuitar's photo
Thu 03/26/09 09:06 AM
If you're really in love, how could you get tired of it? I don't know if I've ever been truly in love with anyone (infatuated, yes. Loving toward them, yes), so I'm no expert, but being in love is supposed to be something you never want to go away, isn't it?
I'd love to be there, someday. I might be 85 and senile by then, but.......

GaryGuitar's photo
Tue 03/17/09 07:23 PM
John Grisham, the Testament(catching up on one I missed), A collection of short stories called, "The Best New American Voices" and "The Land Where the Blues Began" by Alan Lomax.
It's a study on the early Delta Blues area and I'm very big on Blues.

GaryGuitar's photo
Tue 03/17/09 08:34 AM
Everybody's Irish on St. Patty's Day.
I was born Italian but adopted by the Irish and Welsh. That means I have a great sense of humor and can COOK!!
I had Shepherd's Pie, Saturday night!! Corned Beef and Cabbage tonight!! I don't eat Irish food much, but my Italian roots get exercised regularly.bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

GaryGuitar's photo
Tue 03/17/09 08:15 AM
Don't dish it out if you can't take it.
Oh, God; I'm quoting my MOTHER?
Some people lack manners AND common sense. Ladies I apologize on behalf of the members of my gender that still drag their knuckles a little bit.slaphead frustrated

GaryGuitar's photo
Tue 03/17/09 08:06 AM

WOW ! ! ! It's hard to believe that your not already spoken for ! Any man in his right mind would NEVER pass up a chance to be with you WOW ! ! !

I've got to agree. You are what we call on the East Coast, a KILLER BABE!!
Maybe all the men out there are lost in the beautiful forests you have, huh? Or is there a vision epidemic that affects only men?love slaphead surprised

GaryGuitar's photo
Tue 03/17/09 08:01 AM
A beautiful REDHEAD!! Nothing I love more. With that beautiful smile and beautiful eyes and the redhead bonus, you should have about 1000 responses in a day or two!!
Too bad you're in Oregon. Feel like traveling to NJ?

Actually, I'd like to see more about what you want in your man, but other than that, your profile looks good to me. Good luck (not that you need it).flowerforyou flowers drool

GaryGuitar's photo
Mon 03/16/09 04:28 PM
Thin Lizzy, Whiskey in the Jar.glasses :banana:

GaryGuitar's photo
Sat 03/14/09 01:10 PM
Robert Morris (financed much of the Revolutionary War) whom they named Morristown, NJ for. I believe he was or his son was the first governor of NJ.

GaryGuitar's photo
Sat 03/14/09 07:30 AM
Haah!! I like that. I could wax it and curl it up on the ends.rofl

GaryGuitar's photo
Fri 03/13/09 03:58 PM
See, you look okay with your head shaved. I'm afraid I might look like an escaped hatchet murderer!!noway

GaryGuitar's photo
Fri 03/13/09 02:19 AM
I've thought about shaving my head, but just can't bring myself to do it. I remember my dad making me get a crew cut when I was 10 and I hated it!!sad

GaryGuitar's photo
Thu 03/12/09 07:36 PM
Too bad you're in Indiana.
From an old biker dude!!flowerforyou winking

Previous 1 3