Community > Posts By > lulu24

lulu24's photo
Sun 01/09/11 07:07 PM

How was Tron and Black Swan? I want to see those =D
tron was worth watching just for the visuals. watch it in full-on 3D, though...it's like stepping into another world, even if the plot's not the greatest.

black swan was...quite original. disturbing on some level...i recommend it.

i watched the tourist yesterday...ick.

I think Depp is best in roles he can 'relate' to, particularly the eccentric types and with actors and directors he is comfortable with

this film was probably too much of a stretch in terms of not only the type of character he was to portray but also the actors he had to work and CREATE chemistry with(he usually is working with those he already has chemistry with)

I havent seen Tron, but loved the original

Black Swan was a severe disappointment, not at all what the previews had me expecting, and not really a discernable plot or story line,,,,,

I dont personally recommend it, but everyone has different taste
black swan is about the onset of schizophrenia, seen through the eyes of the one suffering.

i love movies that can surprise me. they'll win awards for that one.

------------------------------------

watched "the last exorcism" two nights ago. absolutely horrible.

watched "case 39" as well...not horrible. not great, but not bad, either.

watched "season of the witch" yesterday. not really impressed. i enjoyed it, but didn't love it.

lulu24's photo
Fri 01/07/11 10:54 PM
in november 1993, i was in a tornado. carried the car i was in down the road...watched several rooftops tear off and come right at the car before being thrown over the top of us. windows of buildings imploded...gas pumps shot in the air...the sky was purple and green and i felt like i was on a different world. very surreal.

when i got home, my house was fine, but the two across the street from me were completely missing.

had an ice storm here about ten years ago or so...trapped me in my house with no electricity or heat for several days. my two toddlers and i cuddled in my bed for warmth and ate spreadable cheese. two trees fell on my house.

that's pretty much it...we don't get too awful weather here.

lulu24's photo
Thu 01/06/11 08:16 PM

tron was worth watching just for the visuals. watch it in full-on 3D, though...it's like stepping into another world, even if the plot's not the greatest.

My nephew saw Tourist and did not like it either said you knew what was going to happen from the beginning sooooooooo I'm by passing watching that one.....

Have not seen Tron is it is is a sequel and do you need to see the one before it first?
tron is perfectly viewable by itself. no need to see the original first.

lulu24's photo
Wed 01/05/11 11:14 PM
Reminder: Please discuss the topic and not other members. Please refrain from name-calling or treating each other in a derogatory manner.

Further infractions may result in suspension or removal of this thread without notice.

Be well,

Lori
Lead Moderator for Mingle2

lulu24's photo
Wed 01/05/11 11:03 PM

These are indicator species so something is going awry somewhere. The birds could be that they got sucked up into a storm and got killed there then dropped, black bird flocks are freakin huge. The fish on the other hand is no doubt due to pollution. possibly and algae bloom but that would have been reported.
i live like ten miles away, and my skies were clear...i guess it's possible there was a storm, but i sure didn't see one.

lulu24's photo
Wed 01/05/11 01:04 PM
Taken care of, Sharris.

Any one of the moderators can remove a post for you. Next time, just report the post and in the explanation, tell us that it's a double post. This will take us right to it.

Be well,

Lori
Lead Moderator for Mingle2

lulu24's photo
Tue 01/04/11 10:34 PM
please note that the following link does not contain my opinion...just adding to the discussion what my friend thinks...

http://www.eutimes.net/2011/01/top-us-official-murdered-after-arkansas-weapons-test-causes-mass-death/

lulu24's photo
Tue 01/04/11 04:28 PM
you'd have to tie me up...and i'm afraid my brain would bleed, lol.

i LOVE going to movies by myself. well, good ones.

lulu24's photo
Tue 01/04/11 04:05 PM
you're joking, right, kristi?

i can't even suffer through the previews.

lulu24's photo
Mon 01/03/11 06:20 PM

okay, so i need help.

i recently inherited a bunch of guns. i have a list of the guns, but not their serial numbers...and as i try and collect them, i'm running across some dishonest folks who are trying to say that they aren't my guns.

is there a way to find out what guns my father purchased, so that i can match the serial numbers?

what state within the U. S. do you live? I'd definately like to see or have a friend see your collection.
see, that's the problem...i have to actually FIND the collection first.

lulu24's photo
Mon 01/03/11 04:49 PM

autopsies were done on the several of the birds, and they said the birds died of "blunt force trauma".

which was supposed to have happened before they hit the ground.

sounds like to me they got caught up in the fireworks, but is kind of weak, and it does not explain the fish either.... and there would be some burn marks?
while i'm not a hundred percent certain...i'm fairly sure that there weren't any actual fire-works displays going on...it'd be one thing if the city put on a full-scale display...but a few people illegally shooting off a few in their backyards just doesn't seem to carry the same bang.

lulu24's photo
Mon 01/03/11 04:40 PM
autopsies were done on the several of the birds, and they said the birds died of "blunt force trauma".

which was supposed to have happened before they hit the ground.

lulu24's photo
Mon 01/03/11 04:29 PM

Kinda' weird that the only birds affected were Red-Winged Blackbirds and the only species of fish affected were Drums.

we don't really know that for sure either... all we know is what they decide to tell us
true, but all the birds littering the yards and such appeared to be the same kind.

i doubt seriously that we'll ever truly know what happened. there are already several theories saying that it was government testing and such...

lulu24's photo
Mon 01/03/11 04:20 PM

total death toll suspected to be around 6000 blackbirds.

one news source postulated that maybe they were sucked out of trees sleeping during a storm.

we've had several interesting events lately...from the birds to the fish to the earthquakes.

beebe is right down the road from me.
What seems far fetched to me is that We have storms all the time, we have lightening all the time but we dont have birds falling out of the sky all over the place ever that I can recall.
same here.

one man being interviewed was like, "they tell us not to worry, but there's the state police...the game and fish...the mayor...hmm..."

lulu24's photo
Mon 01/03/11 04:13 PM

lulu24's photo
Mon 01/03/11 04:03 PM
total death toll suspected to be around 6000 blackbirds.

one news source postulated that maybe they were sucked out of trees sleeping during a storm.

we've had several interesting events lately...from the birds to the fish to the earthquakes.

beebe is right down the road from me.

lulu24's photo
Sun 01/02/11 08:33 PM

the will is currently going through probate, with the hearing set for the thirteenth of this month.

i am the sole heir and the executor of the estate.

however, there are no serial numbers listed, just models and who currently has possession.

i've verified all of two, as the lawyer currently has possession of those.

one of the men listed is actually trying to say that the truck and boat he has weren't my father's, either...however, i DO have VIN numbers for those.

lulu24's photo
Sun 01/02/11 06:27 PM
*sighs* i don't have a single serial number. i have a hand-written list, telling me what gun is where...who has each one...and what kind of gun it is.

the people who have them aren't being very cooperative.

lulu24's photo
Sun 01/02/11 05:49 PM
okay, so i need help.

i recently inherited a bunch of guns. i have a list of the guns, but not their serial numbers...and as i try and collect them, i'm running across some dishonest folks who are trying to say that they aren't my guns.

is there a way to find out what guns my father purchased, so that i can match the serial numbers?

lulu24's photo
Sat 01/01/11 10:38 AM

I just found out my ex-wife is wanted for check fraud in three states. And people act like divorce is such a bad thing....

there ARE worse things they could be wanted for...

True, but if she's doing this sort of thing, it's for drugs. That's why I ended the relationship in the first place, lo these many years ago....
hehe...i was wanted for bad checks...and it turned out that someone stole my old box of checks.

i've gone to court a ton of times over it...for each district that they did it in. i've had to do handwriting samples and such...

every time, they look at the paperwork from the detective, look at MY handwriting and drop it...however, it's still a pain in the behind.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25