Community > Posts By > lulu24

lulu24's photo
Tue 09/27/11 01:10 PM
my eldest is here in town, and my favorite person on this planet. we had her second baby yesterday...such an amazing experience to help a child come into this world. she even named her after me!!!

my next child is in college three hours away, so i don't see her as often as i'd love to, but we do still get some quality time tossed in.\

my son is in afghanistan.

*sighs* the other three are at home, and i see them every day :)

lulu24's photo
Tue 09/27/11 01:06 PM
my favorite book when i was a kid was probably "carrie" by stephen king. i was also a fan of "pet semetary" and "christine".

lulu24's photo
Sun 09/18/11 08:07 PM

DUI checkpoints are slow as hell and take up too much time. they really should only be checking for sobriety.

if they run every person's license and information, that would take WAAAAY too much time.

thats odd, because EVERYTIME im stopped for anything, they check my license and registration and it takes maybe five minutes

but thats IF papers are in order or IF the driver has papers at all, I Guess,
the last time i was stopped, it took fifteen minutes, at a minimum.

lulu24's photo
Sun 09/18/11 07:33 PM
DUI checkpoints are slow as hell and take up too much time. they really should only be checking for sobriety.

if they run every person's license and information, that would take WAAAAY too much time.

lulu24's photo
Tue 09/06/11 07:58 PM
you should totally send me details on the denver part...meeting up with the three of you sounds abso delightful.

lulu24's photo
Mon 09/05/11 07:08 PM

Funny thing...

By law, in most jobs, it is illegal to ask for identification or age verification when hiring an employee. This means the employer is legally barred from asking an immigrant to produce a green card. There are exception clauses, some of which apply to the restaurant business. For example, a server/bartender is required to be 18 years old in order to serve alcohol, and minors are not allowed to handle knives.

So, in many cases, the law actually prevents businesses from screening out illegal aliens during the hiring process. It's a Catch-22: if you ask for an ID or refuse to hire an illegal alien based on a "hunch", you may be violating the law. The latter falls under discrimination laws, primarily due to ethnicity.

When I have a legal question, I often look up statutes, and read them several times to make sure I understand the wording. In a state like CT, nearly any law can be looked up on the web through a government website. If that's not enough, the local library has a complete up-to-date set of the books of statutes. Between the two, anyone can research the laws around here, but most don't, not even the business laws.

i'm not real sure where you got your information, but i know that here, at least, my employees must fill out an I-9 before beginning work. while this document doesn't specifically account for age, it's for the purpose of identity.

i've hired many an illegal over the years, but all of them had proper legal documentation. it's NOT an employer's job to ensure that the documentation isn't fake.

lulu24's photo
Mon 09/05/11 09:30 AM
my children are allowed to curse all that they want.

in their bedroom, alone, with the door closed.

lulu24's photo
Mon 09/05/11 09:25 AM
That's because we automatically assume that you're not looking for yourself, so we remove you from your own search.

Rest assured, you show up to everyone else. (I even did a search just to make sure, and you were right at the top!)

Lori
Mingle2 Moderator

lulu24's photo
Fri 09/02/11 05:06 AM

got a cell phone that takes pics? take a pic of the vehicle with the license plate and send it to the police, did that a couple times and the police acutally showed up and gave em a ticket! i waited to see it. couldn't believe it but it did happen.
we had a lady here in town try that...and the old bat who was in the handicapped spot attacked her and literally tried to kill her with her cane.

when they arrested her, they pointed out that she could have done serious injury, and she said, "good, i was trying to kill her!"

lulu24's photo
Fri 08/26/11 05:03 AM
i'm going for two because one fuels the other.

my computer to download my books...and my kindle.

lulu24's photo
Sun 08/21/11 11:54 AM
i'm completely against it...allow them to grow and make their own decisions.

i love piercings, i really do...and my fifteen-year-old has her lip and belly button pierced in addition to four holes in each ear, but she was a teen and chose such.

i have a HUGE hole in one ear from an infection when i was small. my mother was trying to get the earring off, and it pulled straight through my rotted lobe. i can't wear any studs in that ear, or they go straight through the hole...and it's an eyesore. i wouldn't inflict such on an infant.

lulu24's photo
Sat 08/20/11 02:15 PM
i have worked with people who were terminated because of facebook/myspace posts on more than one occasion, and i'm well aware that if i post offensive threads myself, i could easily lose my job, as reputation is a huge part of where i work.

i would not want this person teaching my children. i fully support his being removed from the classroom. if my gay child were to see his facebook page and then have to attend his class, i'd be furious...she faces enough ridicule as it is.

he could have said he opposed the legalization of gay marriage without being offensive.

lulu24's photo
Fri 08/19/11 09:24 PM

I add new stuff to mine, every so often. It got to the point where I discovered it was full, and when I'd add something new, it would eliminate something from the bottom. So now I have to be very careful to remove something old before I add something new. I've been trying to get Mark and Charles to add another server just for my profile but they're not falling for it.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh Thats too funny Lex!!

I know you have the longest profile here, but isnt mine like 2nd or 3rd?

Oh, it's definitely up there.

The long profile is something of a lost art. It takes someone with incredible verbal ability, amazing communicative instincts, and way way way too much time on their hands, to create a really good, really long profile.

In fact, I'm thinking of expanding my profile to 2500 pages and releasing it as a series of books. See, THAT'S creative. Also, it's a way to get more product out there without having to do a lot of work.

so writing 2500 pages isn't work?

lulu24's photo
Mon 08/15/11 03:55 PM
this saddens me.

peace and healing for her family.

lulu24's photo
Wed 08/10/11 06:40 PM
i watched it sunday, and it's flat-out one of the best movies i've ever seen.

very well-made...there isn't that disjointed feeling when you realize something is an effect. the story builds gradually and steadily, and you fall in love with the characters.

i expected it to be hokey, but it certainly isn't. the actors are very believable, and so is the story-line.

it sort of reminded me of "project x" with matthew broderick, but better.

lulu24's photo
Wed 08/10/11 06:29 PM

I strongly oppose the death penalty
same here, in all cases.

i'm pro-life in every aspect of life.

A recent study found that every execution saves somewhere around 18 lives. Do you think it's possible that sometimes execution is the best way to save lives?
do i think it's possible? maybe...but that still doesn't make it right or acceptable.

i mourn the loss of life, the loss of connection...i feel for the ones left behind. AND i think it's a slippery slope. it's been proven that innocent people have been put to death.

it's also barbaric. we should be beyond such.

lulu24's photo
Tue 08/09/11 07:25 PM

many people deserve the death penalty but until government can hand it out in a much less arbitrary fashion i'm against it. i won't go into the detterence or innocent put to death arguement but i find it absurd that a man can drive from LA to las vegas, kill his wife and be subject to the death penalty when if he'd waited until he got back home to california the death penalty would not be in play with the moritorium in place now.

oj was on trial when california had the death penalty but the prosecutors did not put it in play because they knew they'd never get a jury to give the juice to the juice. of course he had the dream team to boot. at the same time in a courtroom down the hall a teen was on trial for murdering a rival gang member with a public defender for council. he now sits on death row in san quinten. so here we have oj who murdered two law abiding people who could not have been given the death penalty by his jury even if he'd been convicted and a kid who'll soon die because he took a crook off the street. either it is about EQUAL due process of law or it's not.

as regards the innocent dieing, i'd suggest reading john gisham's 'an innocent man' his only non fiction court drama. in a small oklahoma town a young woman was brutally raped and murdered. she was the daughter of an influential business man and pillar of the community and the district attorny, the sherrif and the judge who'd try the case were all up for re-election. the town was crying for an arrest so they invented a perp, tried him with faulty evidence, convicted him and he sat on death row for twelve years before barry schek of oj dream team fame and founder of the innocence project got him off as the first innocent man exonerated with dna. the guy was a minor league ball player with major legue prospects when he was arrested and died of poor health in his fifties having succumed to various nervous dissorders.
my father was wrongly convicted and imprisoned. i stand to become a wealthy woman because of this.

lulu24's photo
Tue 08/09/11 07:19 PM

same here, in all cases.

me too, It always comes back to when one views 'life' as valuable

I know people anti death penalty but pro abortion,, they feel our life once we are out the womb is more valubable than lfe in the womb

I know people anti death penalty but pro assisted suicide, they feel life outside the womb is valuable only as long as the person has 'quality of life'

than, others who 'across the board' as you and I , who just dont condone the premeditated taking of a life

(with the exception of 'pulling the plug' on those that would not otherwise have any chance to 'live' without being sedentary and hooked to machines'
i agree on the last, as well...even though my family would kill me for saying it.

the value of life is also important. if someone is in incredible suffering ant at the end...yes, let them go.

i know many who are anti-death-penalty and pro-choice (democratic) or anti-abortion and pro-death-penalty (republican). i've never been able to figure out how someone could be either one of those scenarios, as, in my mind, they both completely contradict.

i'm even vegetarian. i respect all life.

lulu24's photo
Tue 08/09/11 03:56 PM

same here, in all cases.

lulu24's photo
Thu 08/04/11 06:41 PM
i'd have them do my cleaning tasks.

preferably when i'm sleeping, as robots scare the crap out of me.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25