Community > Posts By > LogicAndLust

LogicAndLust's photo
Thu 03/05/15 07:37 PM
Merriam-Webster.com

Definition of BIGOT

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Instead of lingering on what is wrong with how someone thinks, it is often better to name "what is missing", and embrace these qualities instead to cure the affliction.

"Things that are missing in people suffering bigotry":

The ability to see and appreciate the good qualities in people and things, while not being affected by any negative qualities those people and things may possess.

It being necessary to lump things into categories to be able to apply prejudices to them. Simply stop using categories and start judging each individual individually, based on what they present. Look for the good, and be aware of any bad.

Love and Hate are emotions of the heart. When Love is not reciprocated it produces Hate. But love and hate are often in opposition too, so to say you love one thing is to imply that you hate the opposite. So to make use of this idea here; it is by letting go of what you're in love with (your self or your race in this case) and hatred will naturally dissipate. Love is the pathology and hate is the symptom of distress.

You don't create a healthy mind by focusing on mental pathology for long. Name the pathology as a means of seeking what is missing. Embrace these qualities and the affliction naturally dissipates.

Just an idea...ohwell

LogicAndLust's photo
Wed 03/04/15 06:13 PM

Have a hard time dating cause I'm very happy single...:wink: flowerforyou

Me too! I've done so many things that I never would have done if I had not been single. Many classes and a lot of study.

I never feel lonely, yet I really enjoy companionship when I have it

LogicAndLust's photo
Wed 03/04/15 05:09 PM
I agree with IamWhoIam1, MsHarmony speaks very well. I like you both!

LogicAndLust's photo
Tue 03/03/15 07:37 PM

Although, there are those who are very knowledgeable and talk at length and those who just like to shoot the breeze. You get both types of long winded talkers.

Yes, I can agree with what you say also.

At one moment one expression seems to sum things up well, yet while considering another perspective; it too seems true.

LogicAndLust's photo
Tue 03/03/15 06:37 PM

I see strength in a person who stands on principle when everything in our current mold says this isn't politically correct. Caving to PC is the ultimate in weakness to me. Going with the flow because it's the easiest path and today there is so much pressure to cave. People state on their profiles that they are "open minded" I find that to be so lame, just caving. This means to me that person has no convictions. If you say you aren't judgmental, that tells me you don't think for yourself or don't have the ability to be discriminating in your choices or priorities.

I guess you can go with the flow, go against the flow, or just step out of the stream.

It's hard enough to share our views on difficult matters in person, when you're actually speaking to someone and you can see their face changing as they understand or don't understand, agree or disagree; thereby allowing you to adapt your explanations so the other will understand them as you intended them to be understood.

Most everyone has opinions, but many may choose not to speak; not being professional writers, or professional speakers. They know that their words will have no value unless their understood correctly.

To me the ultimate in strength is one who, when it's their time to act, they act on sound principle. Acting on principle is good moral character, and standing on principle is trying to impose ideas on others.

There is a sound observational principle I would like to share. I'm sure you've heard it before.

"Those who know the least, talk the most." Go to any church and look at the ones up on a soapbox talking principle. They are standing on principle, talking the most and knowing the least. We see this in all walks of life. Whereas the old fella, that hardly anyone notices, sitting quietly, smiling often; he actually knows!

Which, makes me think of another old saying: "Only the Wise can Stop".

LogicAndLust's photo
Mon 03/02/15 06:51 PM
Because I am an incredible dreamer. Not confined within these walls, or even this space, the mind wanders far...

"With vitality intact, I could travel to the far reaches of the Universe and never hunger for Earthly food.

With Spirit intact, vision could penetrate through the Heavens, not clinging to any Earthly thing."

(an excerpt from one of my Copyrighted poems "The Creative")

LogicAndLust's photo
Mon 03/02/15 10:47 AM

Love is a Vibration we feel inside.

Skipping-over the initial lust and desire stuff; as sincere mutual respect begins to develop, it produces the foundation to transform the weak water of lust into a stronger vibration. Then as trust and common goals are realized the vibration is intensified. As this starts forming the image of the fairytale their lives are becoming, it's amplifies again.

And so on and so forth.

A vibration, humm...Yes, not only logical, but lusty as hell!....laugh

waving

Oh Yeah! :banana:

LogicAndLust's photo
Mon 03/02/15 08:45 AM
Love is a Vibration we feel inside.

Skipping-over the initial lust and desire stuff; as sincere mutual respect begins to develop, it produces the foundation to transform the weak water of lust into a stronger vibration. Then as trust and common goals are realized the vibration is intensified. As this starts forming the image of the fairytale their lives are becoming, it's amplifies again.

And so on and so forth.

LogicAndLust's photo
Mon 03/02/15 08:33 AM

The problem with Fairy Tales is the illusion that they sell.
Not all beasts will transform and you cannot just keep singing to the bluebirds for your Prince to come.

All things are learned, we learn how to take action for our own safety and benefit. Books are a wonderful, I love books - the Fairy Tale that says hoping and wishing is all it takes - is a crock.

Dr. Seuss books are more real and give great lessons.

Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
Dr. Seuss

Yes, books are written about fairytales, but fairytales are evolving all around us!

What is required is to change your perspective of the Natural World around you. The people, animals, cities and factories; everything is natural. There is nothing that is not natural as our World goes along developing just as it's supposed to.

Next, you only have to learn to see the path that is appearing before your feet. The people, opportunities and interactions that come to you; and those that you initiate, and the positive changes they make. It's inspiring! And then you may realize what a charming, fairytale existence you have.

Life is a game. And in the end, when we lay to rest, all we have left is the image of the experience of our fairytale unfolded. And we all should ask at various times through our lives, "are we happy with how it reads?".

LogicAndLust's photo
Sat 02/28/15 06:48 PM
I think my communication skills are a plus, but I'm not overly compassionate on minor (petty) affairs.

This can be a big negative for most women. On a larger scale I do charity and I help many people recover from physical pain; it's just the minor emotional disturbances, those that will soon pass on their own, that I have difficulty lingering on.

LogicAndLust's photo
Sat 02/28/15 06:30 PM

I bought a special tool for popping cans open. Works like a charm. Those suckers were hard to open up.

I like listening to you talk. :smile:

LogicAndLust's photo
Sat 02/28/15 06:23 PM

Yes but we don't have to be serious to be sincere. I do enjoy a good laugh and a bit of crazy but I also own up when I'm wrong and I do my best not to lie although the little ones can slip out - especially when you don't want to hurt someone's feelings. The truth is a double-edged sword.

I agree with you. I guess I like laughter that happens spontaneously in life; and it comes in abundance even when we are completely genuine.

Not knowing me in person would make my first statement difficult to relate too. I'm always very relaxed and smile a lot, even when multi-tasking very technical tasks. I'm always relaxed and natural, and never manifest a rigid, seriousness.

What I loathe in people around me is the babbling of nonsense and laughing like fools all the time. Sincerity is too reveling for them; they are hiding much darkness inside behind all this nonsense and pointless laughter. Exhausting the heart meridian too.

I always prefer not to speak, if possible, rather than rely on white lies, because I'm too honest. I choke on even the little ones.

I hope this doesn't sound over-critical...

LogicAndLust's photo
Sat 02/28/15 06:01 PM
Stargate SG-1 And Stargate Atlantis without a doubt!

How can so many of you not at least list this in your Top 10?

ohwell

LogicAndLust's photo
Sat 02/28/15 05:55 PM
There seem to be few in the world who are "Sincere and Serious". This to me indicates strength, strength of character. They are Genuine.

LogicAndLust's photo
Thu 02/26/15 07:35 PM

Men and Women want to date me

Yeah, I guess this does to me too; but it's always in my professional trades, where I respectfully sidestep. The fact that it's illegal makes it easy to handle.

I'm fairly inaccessible outside of work.

LogicAndLust's photo
Thu 02/26/15 06:43 PM
Now I'm on Alan Parsons Project "Old and Wise"

LogicAndLust's photo
Thu 02/26/15 06:32 PM

Men and Women want to date me

So what is you "most attractive attribute"?

LogicAndLust's photo
Thu 02/26/15 06:17 PM
tealbreeze, you're cool!

LogicAndLust's photo
Thu 02/26/15 06:16 PM
Within Temptation

I don't know what album or song; I bootlegged it. laugh

LogicAndLust's photo
Thu 02/26/15 05:44 PM

My intellect.

Everyone likes me for the wide range of useful information I have. I don't think this trait is easy for people to see at first, well; until they have a problem and I have a useful idea for them...

I'd say that captures the point well that I would use for my own reasons. I believe I'll steal that.

I'm also very compassionate and I identify well with a lot of things that trouble women as a result of having been brought up by a single mother with lots of problems which has also motivated me to never be anything like my absentee father. So they'll have a harder time of saying I don't understand when they're upset, because odds are I probably will.

Now that's cool! You seem intuitive and responsive to the needs of others!

Previous 1 3