Community > Posts By > MadDog1974

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 10:07 PM

Topics like this always lead to male vs female tension, and the original question almost never gets answered. Seriously, are these contentious posts that pit the sexes against each other really necessary? What do they accomplish other than drawing out the misogynists and misandrists? frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated

No matter how much they deny it, most people thrive on drama.

Exactly. The trolls haven't come out in force yet, but topics like this always draw them out from under their bridges. And it's almost always because "men" do this or "women" do that. Blanket statements cause things to get contentious for no good reason.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 10:01 PM

is the DEA, like considered military...since like ya know, they have guns and stuff ?
they are under the commander-in-chief, aren't they ? i dunno spock

Seriously? frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated whoa

what i'm saying is......not all soldiers in the military are honorable hero's just because they're on your side in the battle.....war, and those who promote war, is the catalyst which will force men to do inhumane acts to their fellowman on both sides of their armies...ask Lt. Calley how those women and children from myLai are coming along....

i just shortened it up a little...

So because you can find a few examples of those who aren't, it's ok to disparage the entire military?

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 08:55 PM
I'm not saying you're a fake, but your grammar is consistent with those who are. I would recommend cleaning that up so that people don't make that assumption.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 08:37 PM
Topics like this always lead to male vs female tension, and the original question almost never gets answered. Seriously, are these contentious posts that pit the sexes against each other really necessary? What do they accomplish other than drawing out the misogynists and misandrists? frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 08:25 PM
You're not starting anything. You're simply reviving a topic that has been pounded into the ground. Can it work? That depends on the people involved.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 07:42 PM

is the DEA, like considered military...since like ya know, they have guns and stuff ?
they are under the commander-in-chief, aren't they ? i dunno spock

Seriously? frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated whoa

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 07:05 PM

The comparison was sooooo ABSURD it is comical. Why give it more power

Because when the honor of good men who died on behalf of the ungrateful, that's not something I can just let slide. And if you saw the horrific ways they died, I would hope you wouldn't just shrug it off either.

I shrug off ludicrous statements like the comparison. Don't question my respect for the military.! If you read my post on page 8 you would see my dad died while on duty! But he also fought for freedoms. He knew who he was and what he fought for. I won't get offended by an absurd comparison that can't be taken seriously!

I did not question your respect for the military. I simply explained why I won't just let it slide. Check your inbox.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 06:47 PM

The comparison was sooooo ABSURD it is comical. Why give it more power

Because when the honor of good men who died on behalf of the ungrateful, that's not something I can just let slide. And if you saw the horrific ways they died, I would hope you wouldn't just shrug it off either.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 06:23 PM

How is there so much military conversation? It is not a secret that the government/ tax payers pay for them to have a college education anyway.. slaphead
* going back to Debbie's birthday thread... stumbles out *

You clearly have no idea how many have degrees BEFORE they enlist. frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated

People what people. People who left the thread ? Women who left the thread? Made by a woman about prostitution - a mainly woman's topic, by it's original post.... that got detailed my one to many topics like the military? Those people?
* I'm not the only one/ woman who posted " stumbles out " *

* Drama & Dramatic Music, insert here *

It was the OP who drew the false parallel between prostitution and the military with no facts to back it up. And others have made untrue statements about the military, which I don't take lightly. I've watched good men who gave up everything to serve die as a result of that choice, and I'll be damned if I just sit back and watch them be posthumously insulted.

Well welcome back & try to focus on the ' target ' or make a new thread, about the brave & tragic loss of MEN. Instead of using this prostitution thread.
Or just breath & let it go.

You watch people blown to pieces and "just let it go" when someone compares them to prostitutes.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 06:20 PM

Well then plenty of well educated middle class to upper class women get into prostitution to be fair. Do I need to point this out? Who cares really?

The vast majority of people who enter into prostitution are poor and same for the military. They do it because it's better than working at McDonalds for minimum wage.

This is absolutely NOT true about the military. The vast majority of those who enlist are middle class and well educated. Learn the truth and quit making up "facts" to support a narrative.

In the USA, a military career is an honorable profession, which is why non-poor people join the military.

amongst other reasons

this is absolutely ONE

The poor are underrepresented in the United States military. The wealthy are proportionally represented. And it's also not true that those who enlist have few other options. The reality is, often service members will put other options on hold to serve. The United States military has a higher percentage of personnel with college degrees than any other segment of the population. Many of those have degrees before they enlist. To those who want to continue disparaging the military and comparing them to prostitutes, learn the truth.

there was nothing untrue in what I posted actually, I have qualified my statements with 'some' and ''one', instead of generalizing everyone

I am speaking about enlistees (not talking about the colective that includes those who have made their career there and those who are being approached to enlist)

To be clear, you're not one of individuals I was referring to. There are plenty of others who are drawing a false parallel between prostitution and the military.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 06:00 PM

How is there so much military conversation? It is not a secret that the government/ tax payers pay for them to have a college education anyway.. slaphead

You clearly have no idea how many have degrees BEFORE they enlist. frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated

People what people. People who left the thread ? Women who left the thread? Made by a woman about prostitution - a mainly woman's topic, by it's original post.... that got detailed my one to many topics like the military? Those people?
* I'm not the only one/ woman who posted " stumbles out " *

* Drama & Dramatic Music, insert here *

It was the OP who drew the false parallel between prostitution and the military with no facts to back it up. And others have made untrue statements about the military, which I don't take lightly. I've watched good men who gave up everything to serve die as a result of that choice, and I'll be damned if I just sit back and watch them be posthumously insulted.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 05:54 PM

Most of those issues ^^^^ have not improved because of government intervention. In fact, many of those issues were improving PRIOR to the laws that were enacted.

i know it's not popular today.....but read a little about union history and collective bargaining..things improved because of blood shed on picket lines by the early organizers who refused to bow down to the industrial magnates, who, in their greed for the almighty dollar, gave no consideration, to the health or welfare of those toiled in miserable conditions to produce that profit for them....of course, to get laws enacted or enforced, the people must revolt as a group, only then, will laws be enacted or changed.

civil rights, womens rights, desegregation, collective bargaining, all the important stuff... all brought about by the people willing to risk their lives for fair and equal treatment under the law.....

*rant over....................Union Made, Union Proud....

Unions have served their purpose. At one time they were necessary. They were a huge part of the shift that was taking place prior to government intervention. Once they became more about partisan politics and less about the workers they supposedly represent, they stopped being useful.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 05:48 PM
Edmonton, Alberta (someone said they have a hockey team, but I've seen no evidence of this claim.)

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 05:46 PM
House of Lords

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 05:41 PM

Well then plenty of well educated middle class to upper class women get into prostitution to be fair. Do I need to point this out? Who cares really?

The vast majority of people who enter into prostitution are poor and same for the military. They do it because it's better than working at McDonalds for minimum wage.

This is absolutely NOT true about the military. The vast majority of those who enlist are middle class and well educated. Learn the truth and quit making up "facts" to support a narrative.

In the USA, a military career is an honorable profession, which is why non-poor people join the military.

amongst other reasons

this is absolutely ONE

The poor are underrepresented in the United States military. The wealthy are proportionally represented. And it's also not true that those who enlist have few other options. The reality is, often service members will put other options on hold to serve. The United States military has a higher percentage of personnel with college degrees than any other segment of the population. Many of those have degrees before they enlist. To those who want to continue disparaging the military and comparing them to prostitutes, learn the truth.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 05:26 PM
Death sentence

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 04:10 PM
Most of those issues ^^^^ have not improved because of government intervention. In fact, many of those issues were improving PRIOR to the laws that were enacted.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 04:06 PM
It's not off limits to you! drool flowers

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 03:06 PM

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 02:17 PM

It's important to realize that the minimum wage is not intended to be a living wage.
It's quite arrogant of fast food workers thinking they deserve a wage of $15 an hour when a Licensed Practical Nurse, for instance, starts at $17 an hour with more than a year of special training and licensing on top of college prerequisites, and has a much MUCH more stressful, as well as, important job.
Priorities anyone?
Problem is the lack of "middle income" jobs, which are getting outsourced. Making low income/minimum wage jobs pay as though they were middle income, is quite foolish.

the real shame is those that who are skilled, are grossly underpaid also...if hospitals can charge patients 10 bucks apiece for an aspirin or a bandaid...they can sure as hell afford to pay an LPN way more than 17 bucks an hour...

normal auto mechanic repair charges rated at $75.00 an hour to the customer..
normal auto mechanic pay...$25-30 dollars an hour....same difference

companies today don't want to make a reasonable profit...they want to gouge your eyes out....and tell you to take it or leave it....

What gets overlooked is that the owners need to pay their employees, then they have basic expenses such as rent, electricity, water, and other utilities. Then add the fact that the owners also need to cover their own personal expenses. People are quick to blame the business owners, but they don't consider that without government intervention, business expenses would be less, therefore they could charge their customers less and their employees' dollars would go farther.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25