MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 02:02 PM
Doobie Brothers

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 01:54 PM
Lisbon, Portugal

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 01:53 PM

Tie his leash 'round the old oak tree. Now Pink...I'm cowboy. I can help you save a horse.

That's funny. Since I like you (not like THAT) the guest room is down the hall. You can stay there, but my bed is off limits.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 01:46 PM

It's important to realize that the minimum wage is not intended to be a living wage.

It's quite arrogant of fast food workers thinking they deserve a wage of $15 an hour when a Licensed Practical Nurse, for instance, starts at $17 an hour with more than a year of special training and licensing on top of college prerequisites, and has a much MUCH more stressful, as well as, important job.

Priorities anyone?

Problem is the lack of "middle income" jobs, which are getting outsourced. Making low income/minimum wage jobs pay as though they were middle income, is quite foolish.

And this hurts small business owners and their employees. If minimum wage goes up to $15/hour, how many people making somewhere between the current minimum wage and $15/hour, who are doing OK, will now be unemployed? That guy who is currently supporting his family on $12/hour will find it difficult to make ends meet now that he's making $0/hour because his small business owning boss had to let someone go.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 01:40 PM
Fast pace

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 01:39 PM
Blackhearts, Joan Jett and the

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 01:36 PM
Jackson, Mississippi

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 01:34 PM
Ziti

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 01:34 PM
The one who is keeping the matches away from me is the one who lights my fire.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 01:32 PM
We've already discussed this. Everyone else needs to go anywhere else!

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 01:03 PM
Again, considering that we have 50 states and this country literally spans across a continent, why should we have a one-size-fits-all minimum wage? Each state has its own economy, and we have a Tenth Amendment, which clearly states that the powers not granted to the federal are to be handled by the states. Wages are one of those issues. In Williston, North Dakota burger flippers actually make $15/hour because that's what the market demands. In other places, construction workers make less than $15/hour because that's what the market demands. If the employer and employee agree on the wage, what's the problem?

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 12:50 PM

Well then plenty of well educated middle class to upper class women get into prostitution to be fair. Do I need to point this out? Who cares really?

The vast majority of people who enter into prostitution are poor and same for the military. They do it because it's better than working at McDonalds for minimum wage.

This is absolutely NOT true about the military. The vast majority of those who enlist are middle class and well educated. Learn the truth and quit making up "facts" to support a narrative.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 12:33 PM

The insinuation that people enlist in the military just because they are poor is an insult to people who enlist in the military.

The same is true of those who insinuate that those who enlist because they are uneducated. That's simply not true. Military personnel have a higher percentage of college degrees (all ranks) than the population at large.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 12:27 PM

Legal prostitution, means better living standards for women, means less poor women, means less women in bad marriages, means more tax money, means less poverty for children, means more children will be able to afford college, means not enough of them willing or need to serve the military, means mandatory military service for men.

People volunteer for military service for reasons other than poverty.

Actually, it's a myth that people enlist in the military to escape poverty. Some do, but the poor are underrepresented in the military. Certainly some do enlist for that reason, but most do not. It's also a myth that the poor are targeted for recruitment. This myth goes back to the Vietnam era when the middle class and the wealthy were able to avoid the draft, whereas the poor did not have the means to get out of it.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 12:06 PM

Legal prostitution, means better living standards for women, means less poor women, means less women in bad marriages, means more tax money, means less poverty for children, means more children will be able to afford college, means not enough of them willing or need to serve the military, means mandatory military service for men.

Are you making the argument that women are only qualified to be prostitutes?

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 12:01 PM
Gear up

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 11:42 AM

Legalization of prostitution would mean mandatory military service for every man.

Based on what? Prior to 1973 the United States had a draft and prostitution was illegal. You're making no sense.

MadDog1974's photo
Wed 04/22/15 11:40 AM

i pay a female maid to clean my house...i pay a different female to clean my clock...

i dont see any reason why only one of the two should be labeled a criminal and have to risk facing jail time to earn a living......i'm for legalization...jmo

I think we have different reasons for having the same opinion.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25