Community > Posts By > MadDog1974

MadDog1974's photo
Sun 04/19/15 09:02 AM
Red tailed hawk

MadDog1974's photo
Sun 04/19/15 08:57 AM

lol.....there is no law, to my knowledge, saying the employer can't pay a good dependable worker a HIGHER wage than the minimum....thats how you keep a good employee ....by providing him incentive to do a respectable days work... it's called getting a raise from the boss..

This is one of the best arguments against raising the minimum wage. If you are a valuable employee, your employer will pay you accordingly. If not, you're out the door. Instead of raising the minimum, and encouraging people to stay at the bottom, work your way up.

MadDog1974's photo
Sun 04/19/15 08:27 AM

MadDog1974
no more decisions can be based on a state book than on a state bird

it has no legislative significance, it is only a symbol,, like a flag

its something that might appease others who are feeling their religious rights being pushed into a closet by the lgbt lobbyists

I really wouldn't, care except it would be nice to be represented, though the constitution is written in a way so that its forbidden for christians(or other religions) to be supported

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,"

Id much rather legislation that prevents laws which prohibit free exercise and force christians(or other religions) to leave their values in the closet at work or in their businesses, which the constitution also includes

" or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

People don't take late 18th century English into consideration when reading the Constitution. The First Amendment says (only in regard to religion for the sake of staying on topic):

Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, nor prohibiting the free exercise thereof....

Translation:

The government is not allowed to take any action regarding any specific religion. They are neither allowed to establish a national religion, nor are they allowed to interfere with religious practices. This does not mean that there may be no religious practices in the public eye. In fact, banishment of public displays of religion are just as much in violation of the First Amendment as establishing a government sanctioned religion. Such a banishment amounts to government sanctioning of atheism, which is showing preference to one religious belief over all others.

As this pertains to the discussion at hand, being an "Official State Book" is pure symbolism and carries no serious ramifications. This is not imposing a religion and does nothing to interfere with the free exercise of any religion.{b] This will be challenged on Constitutional grounds, but it is not in violation of the First Amendment.

While you make excellent points the reference about the 18th century English has always been a stickler for our current legal wrangling and many-many appellate court issues for the SCOTUS {ie. gun laws and ref the 14th amend.}...also the Flag---there is only one American Flag not a variety that is used nation wide or world wide for that matter. Each state has the right to their own flag - represents their entire state - not a select few who believe that faith system.

Yes, if the few humans that seem driven by their own foolish agenda want to keep wasting tax payer money for such a right leaning issue they will keep dragging/flogging their state with this 'BIBLE' issue and it will fail.

I'm not advocating for or against the Bible being the Official State Book, only that there is no Constitutional conflict. I personally don't see the point of a State Book, but I also don't see a problem with it either. People should focus more on what state legislatures and Congress do that actually affect their lives instead of getting worked up over symbolic resolutions like this.

MadDog1974's photo
Sun 04/19/15 12:08 AM

Wages should not be an issue for the federal government. What is a "living" wage? Keep in mind that the cost of living is not the same in New York as it is in Saint Louis. It's not the same in Anchorage as it is Mobile. It's not the same in Los Angeles as it is Indianapolis. It's not the same in Missoula as it is in Montpelier. In some places $15/hour is more than sufficient. In other places it's not.

what do think minimum wage means ???? it means this amount (whatever the # it is)..is what a worker would be paid for his labor >>>> no matter what state or city he lived in...

It's not an issue for the federal government. States are perfectly capable of handling this issue. That's the premise of the Tenth Amendment.
the cost of living is much higher in New York and California than it is else where...

Taxes are also considerably higher in those states. And to cite that cost of living is higher there is exactly why the federal minimum wage is a bad idea.

MadDog1974's photo
Sun 04/19/15 12:06 AM

Wages should not be an issue for the federal government. What is a "living" wage? Keep in mind that the cost of living is not the same in New York as it is in Saint Louis. It's not the same in Anchorage as it is Mobile. It's not the same in Los Angeles as it is Indianapolis. It's not the same in Missoula as it is in Montpelier. In some places $15/hour is more than sufficient. In other places it's not.

what do think minimum wage means ???? it means this amount (whatever the # it is)..is what a worker would be paid for his labor >>>> no matter what state or city he lived in...

It's not an issue for the federal government. States are perfectly capable of handling this issue. That's the premise of the Tenth Amendment.

idk, you'll have to argue this out with yourself....it is a federal law requiring employers in the USofA to comply with this set amount....employers are subject to heavy fines and possibly prison time for violating the LAW....i'm not positive on the prison time, so don't hold me to that...cause i can't quote any stats or anything....if the feds want to go into the state of oregon and enforce federal maryjuana LAWS they can damn sure do that if they want to.....FED LAW supercedes STATE LAW...we are the UNITED states of america...

Most federal laws, including the marijuana laws, are better left to the states, and under the Tenth Amendment, the federal government has no business being involved.

MadDog1974's photo
Sun 04/19/15 12:01 AM
Nashville, Tennessee

MadDog1974's photo
Sat 04/18/15 11:57 PM
Turn the TV off and just be there with her. flowers

MadDog1974's photo
Sat 04/18/15 11:53 PM
Machine gun

MadDog1974's photo
Sat 04/18/15 11:42 PM
Playboy Magazine

MadDog1974's photo
Sat 04/18/15 11:37 PM

MadDog1974's photo
Sat 04/18/15 11:25 PM
I'll mute it so you can hear me explain why I like you. flowers

MadDog1974's photo
Sat 04/18/15 11:18 PM
Cuddle, and probably plant a few kisses.

MadDog1974's photo
Sat 04/18/15 11:09 PM
Chicken feed

MadDog1974's photo
Sat 04/18/15 11:06 PM
Male individuals love fellatio shocked :thumbsup: :laughing:

MadDog1974's photo
Sat 04/18/15 11:03 PM
Fargo Force

MadDog1974's photo
Sat 04/18/15 11:02 PM

anyone girl want to come on date with me reply quick

you gotta go to the grocery store. she's waiting for you there

Right, but because he's looking for quick, you forgot to tell him to go through the express lane. tongue2 :thumbsup: waving

MadDog1974's photo
Sat 04/18/15 10:57 PM
Air conditioning

MadDog1974's photo
Sat 04/18/15 10:54 PM

MadDog1974's photo
Sat 04/18/15 10:15 PM
The people you're looking for are over.....

<------- there.

MadDog1974's photo
Sat 04/18/15 08:00 PM
Sea levels

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25