Community > Posts By > istay

no photo
Fri 03/30/18 12:09 AM

All looks good but impractical.
You quote like de-globalization..is it possible?
Countries need large money for some significant change. They have to work in cooperative ways in inviting big indusrialists/ nations.

Africa has done just that, inviting big industrialists/nations and look at the state of affairs now. Nations foreign to Africa are only interested in profit and low-cost labor.

And yes, I believe in de-globalization for Africa. Not only is it possible and doable, but urgently needed.
Africa can stand on its own if only its leaders weren't as greedy and corrupt as they are now.

Greed- thats the point. This is what is most difficult to overcome.
Agree and wish your dream be true but it would be very very difficult if not impossible.

no photo
Wed 03/28/18 07:14 PM
All looks good but impractical.
You quote like de-globalization..is it possible?
Countries need large money for some significant change. They have to work in cooperative ways in inviting big indusrialists/ nations.

no photo
Wed 03/28/18 07:10 PM

How can Africa, with ballooning population, achieve food sufficiently while at the same time keeping an eye on the environment.

I'm half African so permit me to give you my humble opinion.

The first thing would be to prevent foreign nations and corporations out of Africa from exploiting the rich natural resources of the continent and exploiting the African population.

Second, the African nations need a common central bank and its own currency complete with a trade strategy to rival the rest of the world.

Third, the continent of Africa needs its own military and peace-keeping force independent of all other nations, complete with a counter-terrorism task force and a central intelligence worth its name.

Fourth, Africans need to vote on a council representing an African Block that would oversee those above measures.

Fifth, that council needs to have a clear and enforceable term limit to ensure full democracy and freedom for all.

Sixth, that African council needs to draft a constitution common to all the African nations, approved by all native Africans and free from foreign interference.

Seventh, the African block needs to develop a strong manufacturing base to rival with foreign imports and create jobs.

Eighth, the African block needs a clear and practical outlook of its destiny and develop a continent-wide technological program to propulse it into the future, complete with an independent space and viable health programs.

Ninth, quit selling each other out to foreign nations.

Tenth, quit thinking in tribal terms.

no photo
Fri 03/23/18 10:10 PM

Living like him must be very...very painful.
Even then he continued to make new benchmarks.
This is probably another angle to see him apart from science.

I also see how technology helped him to communicate and he contributed back to technology.

He will live forever!

no photo
Sat 06/27/15 10:12 PM

Dreams or destiny, Which one is stronger?

We dream to reach our ambition in life. But often destiny puts us some where else.

Is there any body for whom dream and destiny worked together in the same direction?

Or they always work opposite?

I am guessing your meanings here are, A Dream as in a hope or ambition, and Destiny as an inevitable future of a person. I do not believe in a predetermined and unchangeable course of events in life leading us to our destiny, we each make our own future in my opinion. and it is our hopes, dreams and ambitions that help us to try and achieve what each of us want in life. Nothing is written in stone we are free to choose our own path.

My meanings are simple-
Dreams mean what you want or wish.
Or where do you wish to reach in life.

Destiny means what you achieved actually or where are you.

no photo
Sat 06/27/15 10:05 PM

You create your own destiny. You are the master and commander of your own life. Dreams motivate you to excel and prosper.

So you are what you had dreamed you would be.

congrates.

no photo
Sat 06/27/15 01:19 AM

photo or no photo which one is better?laugh spock try putting one on profile.

Cant help dear.
some body is so fond of my photos that she steal those from display.

no photo
Fri 06/26/15 05:56 AM
Edited by istay on Fri 06/26/15 06:15 AM
Dreams or destiny, Which one is stronger?

We dream to reach our ambition in life. But often destiny puts us some where else.

Is there any body for whom dream and destiny worked together in the same direction?

Or they always work opposite?

no photo
Fri 06/26/15 05:52 AM
Happy for Satnam Singh and NBA.
Congrats!

Thanks Sassy for bringing this to the notice of all.
Honestly, I did not know about him.

And this is the case for so many Indian players who are not known to Indians, not to speak of being popular.

There had been many world champions, in other sports, who come to the notice of general public when they come on TV for some reality shows.

All the lime light, as you said, had been taken by Cricket.

This is also important that these world class players do not get enough facilities and remuneration.

no photo
Fri 06/26/15 05:33 AM
More over,

I don't think FGM is only linked to Muslims Also, not muslims in every part of the world observe this practice.

In my opinion this is practiced in parts of Africa.

no photo
Fri 06/26/15 05:29 AM
Yes,

I saw it many times that people here generalize things in the name of religion, country, races...

Not good.

There exist good, very good Muslims too.

no photo
Thu 06/25/15 05:59 AM
Your post reminds me of the biography of a famous African female model, I read in Readers Digest magazine long back.

She also went through FGM, a ritual in their area (part of Somalia if I am correct) along with other heneious social behaviors. She fled to Europe and through so many circles destined to be a siccessful model.

Later on she helped other females.

no photo
Thu 06/25/15 05:50 AM
Thanks Sassy for bringing such topics to the public with positive sense.
Many people don't know such CRIMES exist on this planet.

When I started one such thread on 'marital rape' (which is also a blot on humanity), Many so called modern women of this forum shouted ****..****.

And ultimately my thread was blocked.

I feel Minglians are mature enough to know and educate among themselves about these dark aspects of our society at large.

no photo
Wed 06/24/15 10:52 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery !

no photo
Sat 06/20/15 06:44 AM
Edited by istay on Sat 06/20/15 06:45 AM
Agreed Sassy!

" * No wonder so many Western women do Yoga... "

By the way, Many at this site may not be knowing that all popular Yoga has roots in India.

no photo
Sat 06/20/15 06:26 AM
Edited by istay on Sat 06/20/15 06:28 AM
A related question I used to think was "Whether I had become What I wanted to be?"

I used to think a so so answer to that..... in terms of my profession.

But a more holistic answer, I feel now is - One should appreciate one's life if he is able to pay back, and actually paying back to his family, society and surrounding what he has got from them while growing up.

The pay back can be in the forms of love, care, services, money...

Yes, I appreciate my life

no photo
Sat 06/20/15 05:54 AM
Edited by istay on Sat 06/20/15 05:55 AM
Dreams make an interesting topic.

Dreams have always been mysterious to me.

Could not get any scientific basis for them. Many a times They are jumbled blocks.
Some times they present to us an untrue but possible trouble.

In my dream last night, I lost my 5 year son in crowd.

...he is studying in college now and safe.

no photo
Sat 06/20/15 05:41 AM
Edited by istay on Sat 06/20/15 05:43 AM

" Respect - is defined by each info & culture.
India according to the media, has the highest incident of abuse & sex abuse against women.
IF, I were told I had to remain a virgin, or whom to marry,or forced to have sex,or children & to stay married no matter what. I would not have any choices or freedom in my mind. So I would not have any respect for any men.
HOWEVER - there is always a high price for freedom & American women pay that price.
13 yr olds pregnant, diseases, abortion, 55% divorce within 4 yrs.
Having children by different men in & out of wedlock. Poverty etc.
Many things can go to far & destroy a country or culture. "

Thanks sassy

Balanced views ...and true

no photo
Sat 06/20/15 02:34 AM

I always distrust any man who has to bash the women of his own country like they are all this or that. I know many very lovely Indian women who are very honest and straight forward and their husbands have no problem with their level of "desire". I am willing to bet you just think you want to play with no consequences because you have this notion, untrue or other wise, that all western women are going to somehow be more permiscuous which I assure you they are not.

no photo
Sat 06/20/15 12:39 AM
I knew other forms like hat yoga. Arial yoga. Saral yoga....

This was new for me

thanks for enlightening.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6