Community > Posts By > unpurrfect

no photo
Wed 11/11/15 11:13 PM
There is no simple answer to that question.

no photo
Mon 10/05/15 11:26 AM
Edited by unpurrfect on Mon 10/05/15 11:28 AM

there's a certain amount of freedom that comes from being older
both my parents are deceased
I am no longer married
I am no longer dealing with in-laws at every holiday gathering
wondering if they are judging me on what outfit I am wearing, the cleanliness of my house and whether or not the turkey I roasted is dry or how good my deserts are..hahaha

ooooh yes indeed I walked that road for many years bigsmile

That freedom is priceless.
I am living alone for less then two years and beginning to enjoy it. I never lived alone before becoming a widow and this is the first such an experience in my life. At my age! I am 45. LOL
It seems the longer you live alone it's harder to consider adjusting to someone new in your life and just a taught of sharing the same roof makes you think...deeply think about it.
This is the first time in my life I have the freedom you described and I like it.

no photo
Mon 10/05/15 11:13 AM

Worst thing bothering me is my neck problems and that isn't age related...
Gray hair ... you dye 'em... been doing that since somewhere in my 30s. Not cos of gray hairs but cause I liked it :tongue:
Had my eyes lasered at 35 so I could chuck the contacts.

I'm single, still looking good, mostly happy, I can do whatever I want
... I say I'm a lot better of than some dozed in housewives I come across that have been married to the same bloke for 30 years!

That's the advantage of being in your 40s (and I guess 50s), you got your freedom (back) without the need/craving to get a nuclear family, no more panicking like "OMG everyone's getting married/babies, and I'm still single! What am I gonna do!?"

ANd you're 34? So what are you whinging about, hahaha.

34!? Wow!
I was that age 11 years ago before loosing my other half and dealing with a chronic pain.
If I could read my notes-to-self notes from 11 years ago it would probably make my day. :laughing:

Wisdom? Life is good. Enjoy it!winking

no photo
Mon 10/05/15 08:39 AM
Keep going Debbie. :thumbsup: flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 10/05/15 08:34 AM
Edited by unpurrfect on Mon 10/05/15 08:36 AM

Great topic. flowerforyou

I think stress is just a part of life and sorting out the good stress from the bad is the one of the BIG challenges.

Getting older I am lucky that I am getting better at seeing the wisdom in some advice I thought was horse pucky when I was younger. The whole ditty "And this too shall pass." makes more sense. As does just out live the arseholes. lol That I was blessed to get to know and understand my Dad's perspective that "sometimes surrender is really survival or ignoring someone until you have the power to fight back if you still even want to bother."

That and keeping the skills and resources alive to deal with the bad stress that we do identify.

For me finding balance in my life between the "got to's" and the want to's is harder as the realities of age/health and income seem to just take more effort I find some of the want to's do make the got to's more tolerable. Example it is hotter than the gates of help in Cali right now so I will spring for a cab for shopping but still include a movie since cabin fever gets old quick.

And I am taking a Senior stress reduction class and learning some great ideas. The teacher is hilarious and passed everyone out little keys that said crazy land on them. Her lesson for that was You have to deal with crazy people but you don't have to give them the keys to drive you there. Is that priceless or what?

OMG no1phD don't tell the kiddies we still.... use some of the tried and true methods. ROFLMBO

You have to deal with crazy people, but you don't have to give them the keys to drive you there.

What a great lesson! I'll write this down and leave the note on my desk.

I recently walked out of one unhealthy relationship. This person wanted the keys. Didn't get them.

Your teacher knows what she is talking about and she is right!:smile:

no photo
Mon 10/05/15 07:49 AM

So if you choose celibacy until you meet your love you are frigid and mental? laugh

I've often wondered about this. if a woman chooses to wait she's frigid. if not she's a ho.
damned if you do and damned if you don't.
being called frigid doesn't bother me because I choose to live by my beliefs

Same here.:smile:

no photo
Sun 10/04/15 08:24 PM
Oh no...I picked a wrong time to cut smoking.
What a topic! smokin

no photo
Sun 10/04/15 08:12 PM

what if he dreams in technicolor and dolby

then all the falsies will look real?

pardon me while I go adjust these fake

eyelashes

I am a visual type. :laughing:

no photo
Sun 10/04/15 08:07 PM
Edited by unpurrfect on Sun 10/04/15 08:08 PM

what if he dreams in technicolor and dolby

That's nice. Very nice. And me? Can't wait for 3D dreams LOL
Imagine being able to see them awake in 3D...wow!

no photo
Sun 10/04/15 08:03 PM
Ha ha! This is just a dream. You won't remember anything in the morning. :laughing:

no photo
Sun 10/04/15 02:29 PM
I :heart: this forum for a reaon. rofl

no photo
Sun 10/04/15 02:26 PM
The home you can't wait to return to just to hug and kiss that special person is not called home. It's just an address. But, getting used to it...

no photo
Sun 10/04/15 02:03 PM

Sex is necessary for peaceful life

Go in peace my son :angel:

Good one! rofl

no photo
Sun 10/04/15 01:59 PM

Here's a mummy woman. Will she do?

De gustibus non est disputandum. :laughing:

no photo
Sun 10/04/15 01:51 PM

Some women don't read either. It generates an immediate "gigglesnort" when I get an email telling me how great my profile is yada, yada, yada.
My profile is so sketchy as to be nearly non-existant... Muhaahaha.

I admit I didn't read your profile, so I'll take your word for it. :laughing:

:) I get all sorts of action from people who apparently have no actual reading skills. Who knew?

After joining online dating site I started to believe one photo speaks more than thousand words. All my doubts are gone. LOL

no photo
Sun 10/04/15 01:47 PM
Really? First time I hear about this...what

no photo
Sun 10/04/15 01:42 PM
Edited by unpurrfect on Sun 10/04/15 01:43 PM

Some women don't read either. It generates an immediate "gigglesnort" when I get an email telling me how great my profile is yada, yada, yada.
My profile is so sketchy as to be nearly non-existant... Muhaahaha.

I admit I didn't read your profile, so I'll take your word for it. :laughing:

no photo
Sun 10/04/15 01:31 PM
Something doesn't add up...
Phone number plus bank account number equals two numbers. :laughing:

no photo
Sun 10/04/15 01:23 PM
My profile has no photos, so you are probably right. There are no men "reading it". LOL

no photo
Sun 10/04/15 01:16 PM
Cool! LOL rofl

Previous 1 3