Community > Posts By > urbanexchange

urbanexchange's photo
Sun 11/22/15 09:59 PM

US set to release Jonathan Pollard, who spied for Israel
NEW YORK (AP) — Former spy Jonathan Pollard is set to be released from a federal prison in North Carolina on Friday, 30 years after he was caught selling American intelligence secrets to Israel. But he'll be on a short leash as he rebuilds his life as a free man.

November 19, 2015

Pollard, 61, was given a life sentence in 1987 in a case that has complicated diplomacy between the two countries. He's expected to settle in the New York area while he spends at least the next five years on parole. He will be barred him from traveling outside the country, including to Israel, without permission. Many in Israel view him as a hero.

Both the Justice Department and Pollard's lawyers have so far declined to discuss his parole conditions, but one longtime supporter, Rabbi Pesach Lerner of New York, told a radio interviewer this month that Pollard would have to abide by a curfew and wear a GPS unit to track his movements.

He has also been ordered to stay off the Internet, Lerner said, which could complicate his ability to hold a job. "We're concerned that maybe they are trying to set him up so they can say he broke his parole and send him back," Lerner told Nachum Segal, who hosts a program on Jewish affairs on WFMU in New Jersey. "They're keeping the reins on him very tightly."

Standard rules for federal parolees would also restrict Pollard's travel within the U.S. Pollard's lawyers, Eliot Lauer and Jacques Semmelman, said in late July that they had secured employment and housing for him "in the New York area," but they haven't revealed any details.

Several of Pollard's longtime supporters declined to talk about their thoughts on his impending release or his plans for the future this week, saying they didn't want to say anything potentially provocative when he was so close to freedom.

"After all this time, we want him to get out without any difficulties of any comments in the press," said Kenneth Lasson, a law professor at the University of Baltimore who supported Pollard's bid to have his sentence shortened.

The details of when he will travel to New York, following his release from the federal prison in Butner, North Carolina, or where he will be living and working, are still being kept private. "I've been working with Mr. Pollard for 20 years, and even I don't know where he is going or what he will be doing," said Farley Weiss, the president of the National Council of Young Israel.

Israel's prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, has asked the U.S. to allow Pollard to move immediately to Israel, the pro-government Israeli newspaper Israel Hayom reported Thursday. Two New York congressmen, Reps. Eliot Engel and Jerrold Nadler, have also written U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch, saying that Pollard should be allowed to renounce his American citizenship and emigrate to Israel.

Pollard, a former civilian intelligence analyst for the Navy, was arrested in 1985. He pleaded guilty a year later. Over the decades, the possibility of his early release had been dangled as a bargaining chip in the Middle East peace process.

Netanyahu stood up for a US citizen. Obama and Frankenkerry left US citizens in Iranian prisons when they could have easily gotten them out. Obama is a POS. IMHO.

Espionage is a crime punishable by death. How in the world was he able to get parole on a capital punishable offense? Justice Ginsberg also reduce a 24 year life sentence to a 14 year sentence for Jeffrey Skilling-Enron. These politicians are dirty

urbanexchange's photo
Sun 11/22/15 01:20 PM

The same reason why we pick the best produce at the supermarket.. you overlook the slightly bruised apples the slightly less than perfect apples..
You pick the best Apple you can..
.. even though at the end of the day an apple is an apple.. inside of it..

.. it also comes down to the number of apples you have to choose from.. if there are a lot of apples there's a lot of choices if there's only a few apples well it makes your choice a little easier...oui

That equation might be a little different if we were taught from the media that the Granny Smith apples are better than the Washington square. If you were to open up a magazine and see only Granny Smiths in that magazine, you might not want to try the Washington square. You'll keep on picking the Granny Smiths until they are all gone. And that equation become even complex when that same magazine that displays Granny Smiths apples, displays only green Granny Smith apples instead of red apples. So the Washington square Apples might not ever get a chance :wink:

urbanexchange's photo
Sun 11/22/15 01:20 PM

The same reason why we pick the best produce at the supermarket.. you overlook the slightly bruised apples the slightly less than perfect apples..
You pick the best Apple you can..
.. even though at the end of the day an apple is an apple.. inside of it..

.. it also comes down to the number of apples you have to choose from.. if there are a lot of apples there's a lot of choices if there's only a few apples well it makes your choice a little easier...oui

That equation might be a little different if we were taught from the media that the Granny Smith apples are better than the Washington square. If you were to open up a magazine and see only Granny Smiths in that magazine, you might not want to try the Washington square. You'll keep on picking the Granny Smiths until they are all gone. And that equation become even complex when that same magazine that displays Granny Smiths apples, displays only green Granny Smith apples instead of red apples. So the Washington square Apples might not ever get a chance :wink:

urbanexchange's photo
Sun 11/22/15 08:14 AM

that is a incredible story about determination and character,UrbanEx and some really good advise you gave :)

My grandmother and my mother are the most influential women in my life. If it wasn't for them, I don't know where I'd be. My self-determination comes from them. As much as I would like a companion, it's really not at the expense of my happiness. I've got everything I need right now and then some. And I just feel when you have things going on in your life that are positive, you ignore the everyday nuances of being lonely. Loneliness is a state of mind. And your state of mind can be altered. Why not do something else to stimulate your mindset like visit a library or a museum? Treat yourself to a spa. Take a weekend trip. Read a book. Hangout with your friends. Good things come to those who wait. Never mind that a man doesn't holla at you. It's his loss. Nowadays, you have to be careful when you are dealing with men. Many of them NOT ALL are homeless, unemployed and bisexual. They have their own socioeconomic issues to deal with. Perhaps that's the other reason why they are not interested in women.

At some point in our lives, we are going to have to come to a realization that people are selfish and individualistic. Women and men are driven by greed. But in America, that greed has manifested itself in "instant gratification." Selfishly and expeditiously wanting things without putting any effort in it. Men are always driven by sex. And my stepfather says a man that can't control his own sexual impulses is weak and has to be controlled. He's right. Ayn Rand antithesis Ellsworth Toohey says sexual love is selfish because sexual love driven by a personal impulse. That's why the divorce rate is very high in this country. Marriage is simply not natural because it is based on personal love. And personal love is selfish because it's an act of discrimination of preference. Personal love leads to misery unless both partners submit themselves to each other and acknowledge their weakness.

United States is economically a third world country and its only going to get worse. The thing to do right now is focus on getting a marketable career, nursing, health information technology, politics and anything else that has to do with STEM. Most Americans are dumb, have the attention span of a squirrel, and lack Basic science and arithmetic skills. The education system has been dumbed down. There are a lot of what my grandfather would say "ignorant slaves" that are willing and able to work for cheap to keep up with the joneses. What's wrong with capitalizing on that? My aunt became a school teacher in 2000. She became a teacher at 40 years old. Now, she's a babysitter/correctional officer in an impoverished school system. But she's making 6 figures. Point I'm making is that despite having 6 kids, and an unsupportive husband, my aunt went back to school and bettered herself.

I hate to say that women don't need men. But these feelings can be easily corrected if women don't think about them and simply focus on ourselves. The world is a big place. And there are many men. We women should stop focusing on trying to make men loving us instead of focusing on trying to make us love ourselves.

urbanexchange's photo
Sun 11/22/15 04:59 AM

I want to know why guys bypass women who are good women but don't have the ideal shape or flaws... for a woman who have nothing going for herself?

Girl, I went through the same think when I was in high school and in undergrad.

When I was a young girl, I used to dream of being white. I hated when my grandmother put eggs and sulfur 8 in my hair with cornbraids. Now, I have a lot of hair. I went to an all white school. The white boys use to make fun of my big lips, my wide hips, and my kinky hair. One time, I went to school with a scarf on my head and my science teacher said I looked like Aunt Jemima. You know what's funny? I never ran home to my grandmother and cried about it. I would just pick up one of her medical encyclopedias and read them. Reading medical books always made childhood depression go away. My grandmother and aunts were all nurses. In psychology, we were taught that children subconsciously emulate their caregivers. I think that's true. I actually became a nurse. But I don't work as a full time nurse anymore. I work medical policies and auditing. When I was a teenager, I saw my mother build a computer out of scratch and operate various word processing programs. By the time I was 15, I was already typing 70wpm. I had already knew how to operate windows 95, on Packard Bell and Corel Wordperfect. Now, I am a computer expert on my job. Things didn't get any easier in high school. Rumors would circulate in school that I was gay because I was a viRgin, and played high school sports. The boys wouldn't even acknowledge me because of my physical characteristics. I remember Winning an award in art class and the high maintenance biracial female said I was fat and ugly. I remember wearing large hooped ghetto earrings in my high school physics class and being told by my physics teacher that my earrings were "too nasty." I remember in chemistry class when I was the only female who passed the first exam, the students would say that I'm a geek. Funny thing is I never once picked up a science or math book to study. Those subjects came naturally to me. I use to sell my chemistry test answers to students. I needed to take a music class to graduate. So I took a piano in summer school because I thought it would be easy. Played a Beethoven piece and the students called me "bougie."

One thing I realized as I got older that you are the only person that can control your happiness. People definition of you is made to make themselves feel better.

Unfortunately, in the dating world because of the media, black women like you and me are viewed as "temporaries." Don't be sad about it. When I was in high school, I didn't realize how beautiful I was and that there were men out there that had feelings for me. Nowadays, you see women getting butt implants and lip injections. Fortunately, I'm blessed and highly favored in that department.

I look at the world in objective manner. Unfortunately, there is a beauty standard that has placed people in a social caste system by their unalterable physical characteristics: straight/long hair, thinness and being light-skinned. And anyone whose physical characteristics deviates from the norm are treated differently. I used that to my advantage and went to college. I knew I wasn't ever going to be married or look like the women in the videos. I knew I wasn't good enough to have a front office job. And there was no way in heck I was having a child out of wedlock. So college was the only choice I had.

The grass is always greener on the other side. It's an adage my grandmother taught me when I was a child. Just because something appears attractive or better doesn't mean that it's better. You should read a book called fountainhead by Ayn Rand. It will change the way you deal with men. Other than lord of the rings and 1984, it's one of the best books i have ever read. It's a philosophical novel that takes place in the 1920s. It's not an easy read and is subject to various interpretation. Focus on the relationship between peter keating and Dominique francone, also, focus on Ellsworth toohey. He's the antithesis of Ayn Rand. That book will truly change you mind on how you deal with people. If you can, try to focus on a career change. There are many programs available for women. The government I believe is really trying to help women of color. There are many programs readily available to minorities. I always think that when you keep your mind occupied, those feelings of loneliness will go away.

Now that I have a career, I have so many men at my disposal. It's funny. I don't go around looking for them. Never have; never will. I'm on this website exclusively for the forums. If a man wants to holler at me, it's all good. But he has to come correct. No sloths, broke, unemployed men can step to me. My grandfather, uncles, and stepfather were all hard-working men with work ethics. And I expect the same. If I have to be a spruce goose, so be it. I will not settle for less nor compromise my standards for any man.

Good luck in your search!

urbanexchange's photo
Sun 11/22/15 04:59 AM

I want to know why guys bypass women who are good women but don't have the ideal shape or flaws... for a woman who have nothing going for herself?

Girl, I went through the same think when I was in high school and in undergrad.

When I was a young girl, I used to dream of being white. I hated when my grandmother put eggs and sulfur 8 in my hair with cornbraids. Now, I have a lot of hair. I went to an all white school. The white boys use to make fun of my big lips, my wide hips, and my kinky hair. One time, I went to school with a scarf on my head and my science teacher said I looked like Aunt Jemima. You know what's funny? I never ran home to my grandmother and cried about it. I would just pick up one of her medical encyclopedias and read them. Reading medical books always made childhood depression go away. My grandmother and aunts were all nurses. In psychology, we were taught that children subconsciously emulate their caregivers. I think that's true. I actually became a nurse. But I don't work as a full time nurse anymore. I work medical policies and auditing. When I was a teenager, I saw my mother build a computer out of scratch and operate various word processing programs. By the time I was 15, I was already typing 70wpm. I had already knew how to operate windows 95, on Packard Bell and Corel Wordperfect. Now, I am a computer expert on my job. Things didn't get any easier in high school. Rumors would circulate in school that I was gay because I was a viRgin, and played high school sports. The boys wouldn't even acknowledge me because of my physical characteristics. I remember Winning an award in art class and the high maintenance biracial female said I was fat and ugly. I remember wearing large hooped ghetto earrings in my high school physics class and being told by my physics teacher that my earrings were "too nasty." I remember in chemistry class when I was the only female who passed the first exam, the students would say that I'm a geek. Funny thing is I never once picked up a science or math book to study. Those subjects came naturally to me. I use to sell my chemistry test answers to students. I needed to take a music class to graduate. So I took a piano in summer school because I thought it would be easy. Played a Beethoven piece and the students called me "bougie."

One thing I realized as I got older that you are the only person that can control your happiness. People definition of you is made to make themselves feel better.

Unfortunately, in the dating world because of the media, black women like you and me are viewed as "temporaries." Don't be sad about it. When I was in high school, I didn't realize how beautiful I was and that there were men out there that had feelings for me. Nowadays, you see women getting butt implants and lip injections. Fortunately, I'm blessed and highly favored in that department.

I look at the world in objective manner. Unfortunately, there is a beauty standard that has placed people in a social caste system by their unalterable physical characteristics: straight/long hair, thinness and being light-skinned. And anyone whose physical characteristics deviates from the norm are treated differently. I used that to my advantage and went to college. I knew I wasn't ever going to be married or look like the women in the videos. I knew I wasn't good enough to have a front office job. And there was no way in heck I was having a child out of wedlock. So college was the only choice I had.

The grass is always greener on the other side. It's an adage my grandmother taught me when I was a child. Just because something appears attractive or better doesn't mean that it's better. You should read a book called fountainhead by Ayn Rand. It will change the way you deal with men. Other than lord of the rings and 1984, it's one of the best books i have ever read. It's a philosophical novel that takes place in the 1920s. It's not an easy read and is subject to various interpretation. Focus on the relationship between peter keating and Dominique francone, also, focus on Ellsworth toohey. He's the antithesis of Ayn Rand. That book will truly change you mind on how you deal with people. If you can, try to focus on a career change. There are many programs available for women. The government I believe is really trying to help women of color. There are many programs readily available to minorities. I always think that when you keep your mind occupied, those feelings of loneliness will go away.

Now that I have a career, I have so many men at my disposal. It's funny. I don't go around looking for them. Never have; never will. I'm on this website exclusively for the forums. If a man wants to holler at me, it's all good. But he has to come correct. No sloths, broke, unemployed men can step to me. My grandfather, uncles, and stepfather were all hard-working men with work ethics. And I expect the same. If I have to be a spruce goose, so be it. I will not settle for less nor compromise my standards for any man.

Good luck in your search!

urbanexchange's photo
Fri 11/20/15 12:36 AM
Love is a psychological media concocted term for "control."

Money in the United States is fake. It's all fiats.

Love and U.S. Currency are both fake.

urbanexchange's photo
Wed 11/18/15 02:42 PM
NYC Mayor Deblasio is allowing Syrian refugees. If something does happen, people will turn around and blame Syrian refugees when it could have been someone else: kind of like 911. Population reduction. They tried commie orchestrated mandatory flu vaccinations to children-it didn't work; they tried Ebola scare tactics-it didn't work. Now they are trying Syrian refugees. Population control

urbanexchange's photo
Thu 11/05/15 12:46 AM
Immigration act of 1965 is what really screwed many black North Americans. Not just blacks, white sharecroppers. Besides having to compete with whites for jobs from the time they got off the boat to perhaps the 1950s, blacks and white sharecroppers had to compete with immigrants for economic prosperity. I use to work as a nurse in the hospital. Haven't work in the hospital since I had fractured my ankle and torn my meniscus. Hospitals in the United States were bringing in a lot of Filipino nurses for cheap labour. I've worked in the hospitals for well over 5 years. I have seen only 1 black American nurse. The rest were carribean nurses who came to this country perhaps as nannies.

Many of these jobs were given to immigrants. Black and white sharecroppers did not stand a chance of economic opportunities. Oftentimes, I hear foreigners complain of how lazy Americans are when it was them that benefited from the immigration act of 1965.

What bothers me the most is when United States participated in mandatory drafting for the Vietnam war. My grandmothers brother was drafted. She said after he was drafted, she never saw him again.

United States was bringing in a flood of overseas cheap labour while sending our men and women to die in Vietnam.

In the 70s/80s, atlas shrugged. Corporation packed their bags and left. The only commodity that United States have is cheap labour. In reality, blacks Americans besides not having a culture really never stood a chance of economic prosperity. Even now, we're competing with Hispanics for jobs-and losing.

urbanexchange's photo
Sat 10/31/15 08:39 PM
OMG I'm sooooo depressed. Cespedes darn!!!!

urbanexchange's photo
Sat 10/31/15 08:28 PM
Anyone watching the Mets game?

urbanexchange's photo
Fri 10/23/15 05:19 AM
Last night, I dreamt that I was invisible, could fly, control water, and give jewels.

I visited a hospital. No one can see me. I was playing with one of the nurses. She was a black woman. (I'm a nurse btw) I picked up something and threw it on the ground. She saw it and started to run. I locked the door and she started to scream. She went crazy in the room.

I went to the waiting room of the hospital then outside. I saw a Spanish couple With a baby boy. I picked up their baby and flew with him in front of their faces. They were screaming all sorts of stuff in Spanish naturally. I gave them back the baby.

I wanted to fly to Brownsville in Brooklyn. Somehow, I felt like my spirit was on Google maps and I couldn't reach my destination. By a series of various routes, I finally ended up in Brownsville.

In case you guys don't know, Brownsville is an impoverished neighborhood.

There was a big blue water slide in front of the project building. The water slide hAd a pool that was about 250ft high on the slide. At the bottom was the end of the slide and another pool. The slide was light blue.

They all seemed very happy. I wanted to make them even more happy. I used my flying water powers, and splashed about 2000 gallons of water on them. If anyone remembers Indiana Jones and the temple of doom towards the end of the movie when mola ram instructed his men to knocked down that big water tank. That's exactly how it looked.

I overhead them talking amongst themselves asking where the water came from. I saw a bunch of black women at the pool with their children. I used my super powers, and sprinkled jewels on them. Again, they were talking amongst themselves.

I wanted to splash more water on them. But my powers wouldn't let me. The scene turned pitch black. I saw a Bright white card with a small icon for water. My spirit seemed to have changed. I felt like I was no longer in the scene. However, I felt that I was controlling the scene. I used my two fingers to make the icon bigger in order to splash the children. It didn't work. The water icon disappeared. I saw another bright white card with an icon for jewels. I used my two fingers to make the icon bigger. I tapped the icon to sprinkle the jewels and it didn't work. I try to fly to another location in Brooklyn even though the scene was dark. It felt like I was going nowhere . But then, I kicked myself out of the dream.

urbanexchange's photo
Fri 10/23/15 01:52 AM

Hey football fans! Just curious as too see who everyone here roots for!

GO PACK GO!

Let's go Giants!

urbanexchange's photo
Thu 10/22/15 03:04 PM
:banana::banana:

If only my grandfather were alive.

urbanexchange's photo
Wed 10/21/15 09:51 PM
I guess that Back to The Future movie was a tad bit off about the Cubs winning the World Series in 2015...to say the least.

Let's go Mets!

urbanexchange's photo
Sat 10/17/15 07:15 AM

As long as he has a "Johnson" and isn't gay. Is that too much to ask?

Is Johnson the name of his butler?

A "Johnson" is a man's penis.

urbanexchange's photo
Wed 10/14/15 03:12 PM
I would love a man like john sacrimoni or Furio Guinta

urbanexchange's photo
Wed 10/14/15 01:46 PM
As long as he has a "Johnson" and isn't gay. Is that too much to ask?

urbanexchange's photo
Sat 10/10/15 03:50 PM
Sex is not overrated. It's just that we're too brainwashed to mate with one another. We use every excuse in the book not to have sex with one another: skin color, education status, body size, religion, bank accounts, etc... Maslow says sex is a physiological need

urbanexchange's photo
Sat 10/10/15 03:50 PM
Sex is not overrated. It's just that we're too brainwashed to mate with one another. We use every excuse in the book not to have sex with one another: skin color, education status, body size, religion, bank accounts, etc... Maslow says sex is a physiological need

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8