parttime_vikingfan's photo
Mon 06/12/17 08:50 PM
A good start might be gerrymandering

Fri 01/06/17 08:41 PM
Here here

Thu 12/08/16 08:55 PM
Not trying to hook up with you just asking a question! Why is it that hooking up with someone automatically makes them not a good guy???

Thu 12/08/16 08:47 PM
Shame on you for even trying to peddle Fox news as a real news media outlet. There now I feel better, now on with the dismantling of your fake news story! Turns out the jobs Trump was talking about were engineering and administrative jobs that were not going anywhere and the jobs that are going to Mexico are still going to Mexico. I should remind you tho that even if Trump had bribed Carrier jobs to stay it only cost $7,000.000 of your money assuming that you do pay taxes. Carrier said it, the Steel Workers union has said it. Trump used Carrier as a stage prop to make people like you believe that he is something he is definitely not. I hope your laughing or you didn't get anything for the money we paid Carrier to get nothing in return. VERY BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE, no wonder Obama didn't try it!

Thu 08/25/16 04:44 PM

Her handling of Benghazi is more then enough for me. People died because of her inept ability to do her job.

If she could not protect a Embassy, how the hell is she going to protect a country.

Where is your outrage about those seven minutes Bush spent trying to figure out how to get the Saudi oil princes out of his home and out of the country on 911 when almost 3,000 people died? Why did we attack Iraq when we knew 18 of the 21 terrorists that day were Saudi's? Remove the beam from your own eye before pointing out the sliver in mine or anyone else's.

Thu 08/25/16 04:35 PM
She is probably the most qualified person to EVER run for president.
Don't like it? Too bad! After 25 years and over $500,000,000 of taxpayers money trying to demonize her enough to make her un-electable she is not only still in the race but easily leading the race for president. If someone put that much time and money to try to make me or you a demon believe me we would be, and we've never done anything. I'm sure she is not perfect, but if you really want to help your party, you should be spending more time down ticket.

Thu 10/29/15 03:04 PM
You conservatives make me laugh, there is an elephant in the room and you are all talking about the mouse.
If you are a republican than you are all living in glass houses and shouldn't be casting stones....

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Sat 05/31/14 11:28 AM
I asked, so give it to me straight.

Sat 05/31/14 11:26 AM
Being candid is one thing but....chased me away, not that it matters but you did ask...

Thu 10/03/13 07:48 PM

Let me guess, it's Obama's fault.

I don't remember when I've seen a worse sense of horse blinder logic

Sat 06/29/13 08:32 AM

The very first thing I noticed about you is it looks like you just graduated and are still wearing your mortarboard in your profile picture....I'm not kidding......Time for a new pic! Good luck

Mon 06/03/13 08:25 AM

Hi Greg

I think some are built perfectly for this type of relationship and some have a hard time keeping one foot in the sand and the other in the dream of this type of thing being true love. For those who can only think of this as a dream they don't make it, for the ones who truly live with this range of commitment they do just fine. I've been a part of both and want to tell you that the true forms of this were the best years and loves of my life. So much so that when I tried to engage in this with the one foot in the sand types it turned really bad really fast. This has nothing to do with these people being good or bad but everything to do with these people being ready to throw themselves into something without hidden agendas or safety nets that sooner or later will bite the relationship in the butt.

One thing I would say to all who attempt this is at least take the time to find out if the person who says they can pull that foot out of the sand really can. Many folks say they can do something and start down that road with probably good intentions but in the back of their mind still have that dug in part. That part that doesn't know how to let go of being what ever it is that they hang on to. On one side they probably really do have a desire to truly make it work but there is something or somethings that keep them stuck playing tapes that lead to ruin.

The other part also is if you both are able to share the same goals and ambitions in life, or for many of us older youngins rest of our lives. Some of us (I'm one of them) are pretty set in our ambitions and changing or bending that wouldn't work. I can be a part of hers and she a part of mine but having her change that part she has is not cool, nor would it be her change mine.

The thought of spending the rest of your life in anger management is not the most thrilling thought in the world. Especially if you are somewhat happy with who you are.

However I like the bold appeal and always support people on here coming right out with it. Not that you need or want my approval.

Thank you for your remarks mg1959 I have long admired your ability to objectively and with great insight put pen to paper, so to speak.

I had decided that my response to a profile that I interpreted to be both guarded and reaching for that perfect relationship at the same time was sufficient for this post. I see this type of profile all the time and it usually goes something like this:
Incurable romantic Tired of kissing frogs and waiting for my prince charming (Mr Right) to come and sweep me off my feet and carry me away where we will be happy forever. Must not have baggage and live within 75 miles. PS: I am not a cougar so those with youthful minds please do not reply.
I am paraphrasing here and there is usually much more added or subtracted but you seem to have gotten the point. You seem to have also realized that this is a general response meant for discussing the or lack of, someone's willingness to throw it all to the wind and not to be dissected and scrutinized word for word but rather taken as a whole concept. I am serious about the topic but also trying to have some fun with it as well.
Some people seem to be mirroring their own biases and looking for this to be some kind of condemnation which I actually find surprising.....Oh well

Sun 06/02/13 07:24 PM

Yes, I did that once. When I first got on JSH, Pre Mingle, I meet a fella that lived in Oregon. 3 Hours time difference, Talked on line 3 times a day for hours. I went to see him 3 times, he came to see me twice. He told me that there was nothing keeping him there, and he would love to move to be with his destiny. 9 months later he vanished from the face of the earth. I finally heard from him 4 months after his disappearance, his story, he found someone closer and they got married. I wished him well.

I am the type to follow through, but I am not willing to put myself in that position ever again. I truly feel that a "date" should be in real life at least every other weekend with your intended.

Maybe one day I will find again my forever fella.

And as for your original post, It is not psychotic, just not so practical in this day and age.

I feel bad that things worked out the way they did for you.

I wonder if there ever was/is/or will be a time when it will be practical, and that is probably part of the point.

Sun 06/02/13 05:28 PM
touche`

Sun 06/02/13 05:21 PM
Actually I meant every word I said (to her) but did not want to distract from the point of this post so please help me stay on track with what I am asking more than the why I am asking.
Thanks.

Sun 06/02/13 05:07 PM
I copied and pasted this so It's not real for this post. I sent this to someone one day and wondered what response there might have been, (I didn't get one)
Occasionally you hear about 2 people who meet and 2 days later they are married for life.
I was just trying of find out if there are women who think this sort of thing is romantic like you see in movies all the time or when it is real it is considered off the wall or crazy. When I sent it I was looking for a reaction, and I am still curious, what do you think?

Sun 06/02/13 04:54 PM
Hello,
My name is Greg and I am wondering if you believe in your own words enough to be willing to follow through with them. Would you be willing to believe in a relationship that is more than an occasional text message, emails, checking-in phone calls or once a month dates?
Would you be willing to share a life with someone who doesn't live in your own back yard. Someone who believes in all the things that you say are important to you. Enough to consider seriously, really seriously, a relationship that that may demand that you give yourself completely in order to get what you want out of it, even if it meant changing your life as you know it. Maybe even more than you bargained for? What I want to know is are you willing to do all those things that you say you want your man to be willing to do? If you are really willing to do what you are asking somebody like me to do, shoot me an email and we will start from there. I am passionate and have been waiting all my life to find someone willing to allow me to give everything to a life long relationship with the woman I love.
Perhaps we aren't meant for each other but there is really only one way to find out. If you aren't willing to take that first step to find out then you ought to consider changing your profile to convey what you really mean. Most people want what want, but only on their terms. That is not what great stories and great lives are made from, and that is why people read a lot so they can share the lives of those willing to do the things that they are too afraid to do.

I hope I haven't scared you, this is pretty deep stuff, and I'm sure I will be easy to dismiss by just clicking delete and blocking me so that I cannot demand that you live up to your part of this life's agreement. (That you get out of it what you are willing to put into it.)
Sincerely,

Fri 03/22/13 03:44 PM

Here is one thing we can thank liberals for.

does that have any basis in actual fact?

you do know one of the 'perks' offered to new enlisteesis tuition asssistance?

And they are rapidly taking those perks away now.

C'mon how can we be the party of spend if we are taking away perks ????? You can't have it both ways......I totally disagree with the most recent poster

Fri 03/22/13 03:40 PM

What difference does it make how smart ANY of the voters are?...You know damn well that any pull on the lever of a Diebold slot machine is gonna come up "Obama."

In the old days they called it vote fraud...Today they call it privatization of the electoral process.

I heard a rumour that The Christians, Jews and Muslims have all finally reached an agreement on what to call the USA..."The Obama nation of desolation"...because everybody who can afford to is leaving the country.

And where do they want to go? Greece? Spain? I totally disagree with your rumor's line of thinking.

Wed 03/20/13 08:08 PM

I've been told that women biologically seek out the best provider and protector for her young so as to sustain them. For many of them that may mean someone that others fear or look up to. Someone intimidating and/or in a high position. With that in mind how does a woman (in general) feel attracted to someone who is willing to subjugate themselves to her. Do I agree that this is the appropriate way to be in this day and age? not really. A lot of women are raised to be broken wing fixers. they want to help fix a man who except for a few negative attributes would otherwise appear to be the confident tribal leader.
If you think that we have evolved ourselves out of those procreational instincts visualize yourself at your most sexually driven moment in life and tell me that you were in total control of those feelings inside and out.

I could have worded this better and given each part of the argument it's due value but that would probably have taken volumes to thoroughly explain what I am really trying to say. So please don't pick it apart but rather take it as whole possibility.
Thanks,
Greg

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25