Community > Posts By > massagetrade

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 07:52 PM
just for the record, i feel not one ounce nor sliver of anger or annoyance toward anyone in this thread.

drinker drinker drinker

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 07:52 PM
Au contraire, any usurpation of anothers right is an injury. This was not a mere criticism but a demand that use of Odumbo was childish and the application of an arcane label but intensifies that injury.

Okay, but verbally criticising anothers word choice is not 'usurpation of their right to speech'.

I do consider your use of Odumbo to be childish. You disagree. Fine. By stating my position, I don't impose on your ability to behave in a way that I find childish.

I'm sure you know all of this, and I wonder if you are intentionally playing at a position you don't actually have, in order to lead the conversation somewhere.

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 07:46 PM
BTW, your time stamps are off.

Which time stamps are off, and from what are they off?

I'm pretty sure mingle2 takes care of their own time stamps when posts are made. That's not any of my business.

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 07:44 PM

Nothing factual in this thread what so ever. Pure bunk.sick

I'm glad you agree that all of your accusations are false.

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 07:42 PM
Who gets to decide who a troll is?

For some people, its whoever just doesn't like what other people have to say; they are the ones who get to decide that someone else is a troll.

Personally, I think spamming dozens of false accusations is about the worst form of trolling that there is. Other trollish behaviors include using huge fonts just to make insults and accusations, spamming re-quotes of the the same exact thing to a thread multiple times, and making a large number of low-content posts intended to make them or their accusations the center of discussion. Should we condone this trollish behavior?

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 07:38 PM
That's WAY TOO FUNNY, because you have used that manipulative question poised at me too as AL before. Troll.

That Al would ask a valid question like this - of YOU - doesn't surprise me at all.

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 07:32 PM

RockGnome,

Do you think that it a decent person makes false accusations against others?

What false accusation was made?

Since you respond with a question, rather than an overt embrace of dishonesty and false accusations, I have hope for you.

The false accusations have been made explicitly by Fleta, and have been strongly implied by you.

Are you a good person?

Are you the kind of person who makes false accusations against others?

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 07:30 PM

RockGnome,

Listen, troll, your posts are the same on page 7.

I was directing that at RockGnome.

I want to know what his personal ethics are, and what kind of person he considers 'a good person'.

For me, I don't think that good people are so quick to arrive at, and declare, false accusations against others.

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 07:25 PM
I believe that you have been focused on 'moral truths', while I've been focused on "truths about the physical universe".

And what would be the difference? The truths of the universe has always been valid since the beginning of time and will be true into eternity. It is but the perceptions of man that waver.

And without morality, the truths of the universe cannot be understood because an immoral man has no truth but the color of truth to mask his true being. Is not man a physical being within a physical world? How can they ever be separated? What is true in the microcosm is true in the macrocosm.

Can we understanding moral truths by studying the physical universe? I say no.

Can we understand the truths of the physical universe by examining moral truths? I don't think so.

To understand the truths of the physical universe, we must study the physical universe.

It appears to me that immoral humans have no inherent difficulty studying the physical universe and understanding the truths of the physical universe.

It seems to me that these are two different kinds of truths.

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 07:23 PM
RockGnome,

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 07:13 PM
Please, go back and review, it was not I that brought the pedestal into the conversation. I but instilled that the pedestal would work good with a rope. It was your proclamation that because you didn't call Odumbo Odumbo that you didn't place him on a pedestal.

The earliest mention of "pedestal" I can find in the thread was a 12:23pm post, on page 5, by you saying:

""To place any person upon a pedestal, except for a loved one by one's own consent, and somehow imagine they are somehow superior is the mark of a statist, one that believes in slavery and needs a master.""

Granted there have been edits, and also granted my memory is not perfect.

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 07:07 PM
No, that is not the point. The point is your imposition of a right to judge the actions of another that is really none of your business. It is your propensity to ascribe your values upon another when you can ill be the injured party. And Odumbo by his very acts can't claim to be an injured party.

We can keep declaring that our own point is 'the point'... you have a point you want to make, I have a point I want to make.

It's true that I disapprove of you calling Obama 'Odumbo', but its not that important. You don't seem to want to talk about the point I was trying to make, that's fine.

However, your actions have caused me to be an injured party by trying to deny me my inalienable right of free expression. Trying to imply some arcane label only intensives the injury as a further usurpation of my right.

Nonsense. You right of free expression is not harmed by mere criticism.

But if you can agree upon this premise, why the problem with the overall concept of truth and perception?

There is a considerable issue of language. I may or may not agree with your actual thoughts; I disagree with what I believe to be your intention and meaning, based on my understanding of your words.

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 06:53 PM
Sorry, that is not what is being implied. The statement connotates that you are an alternate ego of myself and I am making both posts.

Something to do with your challenges to that person are along the same lines as mine.

Yes, but somehow the fact that we are 'quoting the same things' appears to be part of the 'evidence', laugh , as if the reader was unable to understand the simple fact that you and I were quoting each others statements to each other, and therefore 'quoting the same things'.

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 06:42 PM
Edited by massagetrade on Sat 11/29/14 06:45 PM
why?

because it "sounds bad"...

no more need for guns to shoot the violent...

oh, of course, warning chirps first, to allow one to stop it self, using it's own free will...

but if they don't halt them self, then jolt them if they still insist on secreting violence?

Thank you for explaining your point of view more fully.

If we did not already have a corrupt world in which people in power abuse their power, and in which people are intentionally kept dis-empowered, and in which personal liberty and privacy are being eroded every decade, I would be more open to this line of thought.

You seem to be looking at the trade-offs involved in having or not-having some kinds of people mixed in with the rest of us (those with violent inclinations, who don't control themselves).

But we also need to look at how this can change the relationship between the citizen and the state. Look at all the ways that these devices could be abused by the state.

I am sympathetic to your line of thinking with you make comparisons with the prison system, we can make improvements there but I don't think that implants are the answer.

Also, consider this: what happens when an implanted person encounters a violent, non-implanted person? Will the implanted person be incapable of the action needed to protect themselves?

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 06:39 PM
I don't see a correlation between a government implanting tasers to modify behavior and free will.

I'm not sure about 'free will', but do you see a relationship between 'government implanting tasers to modify behavior' and *liberty*?

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 06:38 PM

Do all trolls need multiple profiles?

Who has more than one profile?

You.

No, that is false.

It is sad, though, that you make false accusations in a thread about Ferguson.

You can see that many people blame Officer Wilson because of hearsay and unreliable testimony, and that this is unjust.

And yet this doesn't stop you from making your own false and unreliable testimony.

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 06:13 PM
David, I haven't read enough of your posts to know for sure when you are being serious and when you are being sarcastic. My apologies if I've misunderstood you.

the kkk can do whatever they want, just not lift a finger to harm another...

and the thugs can do whatever they want, so long as they don't lift a finger to harm another...

I'm guessing you mean this seriously, and I agree. We should have freedom of speech, even so called 'hate speech', but the moment someone moves to harm another we need someone to step in and stop them.

words and thoughts are not illegal, just physical bodily harm to another...

drinker

damn, won't it be great when the violent who can't control their bodily impulses are tasered by their own body implant...

a truly non violent world...

Is this part a joke?

I think it would be awful to achieve peace by giving everyone self-tasering body implants.

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 06:09 PM

multiple profiles...
interesting...
do we have a troll among us...
a globalist shill...

laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 05:59 PM
Android has some great features for determining which apps are using your data.

If you install any apps which proves to be a data hog, and which costs you money, and which don't give you the option to better control their data usage...

...you can just un-install the guilty apps.

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 05:52 PM
I don't play COD, but it'd be cool if there was a server where mingle users went to play COD against each other.

Or if there was a mingle clan.