Community > Posts By > massagetrade

no photo
Sat 04/22/17 02:47 PM

I can honestly say that you should have pride in who you are, and I can see that. Love being white, teach your kids about there heritage rather they Irish, Italian, Polish, German....Heyyyyyy!.. or Scottish. But when people use that method of self awareness the wrong way with" You Better than this person" " If I see this person in my neighborhood, I'm place a burning cross on there lawn", or " If you have economic power and you teach violence, sexism, and classism then yeah that person would be considered racist to me.

This is a wonderfully tolerant and respectful attitude to have towards others and their views. On the whole, I think we were moving in the direction of this kind of healthy attitude for most of the last 50-60 years, and only recently have we started regressing.

no photo
Sat 04/22/17 02:31 PM

MsHarmony:

I feel that freedom of speech is paramount, I feel that there are always consequences to speech but that there should not be legal ramifications unless such speech intentionally guides and instructs others on how to cause physical harm.

I believe in Mr. Spencers right to free speech like anyone else, I do not have to agree with what he is saying.

The natural consequences of free speech, unlike legal ramifications, is exposure of one's beliefs and values to others, which in turn can cause either allegiance or alienation

Host39:

Ms. Harmony,

You now this is going to sound funny coming from a guy that's anti establishment minded but you right. Regardless if you a supporter or hater of him, and his words he using he still have the right to voice his views without violence. People don't have to agree but that's the wonderful thing about human beings we can agree or disagree and keep moving. As longs as harm or violence against anyone is done well....we have to let them speak. I'm with you on that.

Everyone here seems to agree on these points, and I think that's wonderful. There is a mass ideological indoctrination process going on in universities right now which is completely opposed to free speech. They *say* they support free speech, but in reality its only if they get to decided what is allowed to be said.

This is why so many people are being de-platformed. Currently, its being done by liberals. But imagine if conservatives did it, too. Imagine if liberal speakers were simply not allowed to speak in conservative areas.

no photo
Sat 04/22/17 02:24 PM
Edited by massagetrade on Sat 04/22/17 02:25 PM

I guess he mention some things against a group of people and it caused a uproar on this campus. So much anger it protestors against him speaking resorted in violence and anti Spencer chants.

I'm suspicious of this characterization. There is a violent semi-organized group called antifa that just loves violent action. They thrive on it.

Consider the violent gangs in some cities which convert black youth to develop a taste and love for violence. The antifa do something similar to middle class kids, mostly white youth. The goals are different, but some parts of the dynamic are the same.

Yes, Spencer often says horrible, deeply offensive things. But that's only one part of the equation regarding this violence. Responsibility for the violence does not rest at Spencer's feet, and we shouldn't ignore the culture of violence at work with the antifa.

no photo
Sat 04/22/17 02:18 PM

Good Day America, well my last topic on " Your City Is Next...OMG!" really surprised me was a hit. I didn't think you guys was up to talking about a different topic like that but I appreciated well I want to take it back to my Hot Tea topics of heated talk. okay, I don't know if you guys read the papers lately about White nationalist Richard Spencer's speech at Auburn Park University lately but its a trip, here we go. White Nationalist Richard Spencer speech at Alabama's Auburn University was preceded by controversy and punctuated Tuesday night by protest, arrest & violence. Hundreds of people, some chanting & carrying signs, & demonstrating outside Auburns Foy Hall on Tuesday. City of Auburn police captain Lorenza Dorsey told NPR that 3 people were arrested on disorderly conduct charges.

This happened how it should have happened.

1. Some fringe douche-bag with awful views was still allowed to speak.

2. The violent antifa cowards were de-masked, preventing them from destroying property and attacking innocent people with M-80s, attempting murder w/ bike locks, strewing trash in the street setting things on fire.

3. The larger community of non-violent non-racist people made it known that they all think Spencer is a douche-bag with awful views.

The " Alt-Right" is a movement associated with racism, anti-Semitism, & misogyny.

The "alt right" doesn't even mean anything any more. We must be very careful when someone in the media uses that label. *Initially* it referred to a specific group of actual racists. Recently, many people have used the label for...anyone they want. Anyone they disagree with. Anyone they want to dishonestly smear as being racist.

Many people who are unfamiliar with its origins have seen these conversations and said "Wait, the 'alt right' people sound like the good guys here, the honest people, the free speech people - I think I'm an alt-righter!" and those folks have nothing to do with white supremacy. The label means nothing these days. We must ask: "Why are they using the label? What is their goal in doing so? Are they being consistent and accurate?"

what are your thoughts about Mr. Spencer here?

F him.

Are you a supporter of freedom of speech or a hater of what he's about?

BOTH! Everyone can be both. Portions of the left are trying to convince people we must be *against* free speech, otherwise we are all racist nazis. Its stupid. It won't end well for us.

I have to admit I don't know much about him

The man himself probably isn't worth your time, at this point. The drama surrounding him is worth analyzing, but that's all created by the left.

Fools on the left are unaware of the free speech analog of the Streisand effect, and they are making this d-bag more powerful by trying to silence him.

no photo
Wed 03/08/17 04:59 PM

MSH.. please.. major health care companies pulled out of entire regions

When you are making money somewhere... you don't pull out.. business 101

But, Obama did it. And the liberal media praised it. So, it must be good. /s

no photo
Wed 03/08/17 04:58 PM

Honestly they just need to repeal ACA. It was designed to fail, yet pave the way for a universal system. It forced people to buy coverage and also gave insurance companies monopolizing power in their respective states.

Exactly.

no photo
Wed 03/08/17 04:56 PM

I don't see them taking anything from Obama.. they killed his bill.

Fact is healthcare is a business and if they do not make money ( healthcare companies) they are not going to provide that service.

As is evident with them pulling out of entire areas.That was their answer to Obama.

And his answer to that.... zip.. nothing

As a result of obama care, the cost of my previous health insurance plan went up something like 20%. I was no longer able to afford that level of health insurance, and had to switch to a lower level of health care. thanks, obama

no photo
Wed 03/08/17 04:54 PM

Yup, lets hear ya cheer when you go broke paying to have your ingrown toenail taken care of.

In the long run, programs like obama care are likely to increase the cost of medicine.

no photo
Wed 03/08/17 04:52 PM

Well, muslims have been killing each other for eons. Let's help them kill each other.....over there.

While I don't want them bringing their violent ideology into more civilized nations, I don't support this idea of being casual about them killing themselves 'over there'. There are not all violent, and there are many innocent muslim victims over there.

Eventually I hope that we will be able to convert them to a more humane worldview. But we need to face the reality that islamic ideology encourages violence.

no photo
Wed 03/08/17 04:48 PM
"We don't have a provision in state law that allows either county elections officials or the Secretary of State's office to verify someone's citizenship."

In that case, it follows naturally that there would be widespread voter fraud.

no photo
Fri 02/10/17 06:27 PM
This guy doesn't hate trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KprTsZGV6Cw

no photo
Fri 02/10/17 03:14 PM
Going out with

no photo
Fri 02/10/17 03:12 PM

From a philosophical standpoint, how much energy is actually in one Joule is hard to determine. The way I see it is, we have trouble understanding what energy really is, so we reconcile that by using concepts like a Joule to be able to measure and calculate with.

There is nothing philosophical about it.

I think he means: Joules are a definite measurement of something real. We know this, because we can measure it. Predictably and consistently.

But "energy" is a word used to reference "that which is being measured", and there might be some difficulty for some of us to get what they *really* means. When we try to relate the word 'energy' to our personal models for understanding the universe, when we try to explain 'energy' to ourselves, we might make some mistakes - but if we look at Joules as a measurement of energy we put our eye back on the ball.

Understanding energy has great potential for us in everyday life. Imagine a phone that requires no battery. The energy that powers it comes from the energy already existing in the materials used to make the object.

Wouldn't that would make those materials the battery?

no photo
Fri 02/10/17 02:56 PM
This is real? rofl

The U.S. is the biggest arms dealer, exporter of weapons, bombs, ammunition, guns, that kill innocent children and families.

and not to mention obarry has "killed" more civilians (than bush) with his authorized drone strikes...

The hypocrisy of many leftists in this area is astounding.

President Trump can't help but keep winning!

I'm not a Trump supporter, but I do enjoy watching him prove his detractors wrong. Time. After. Time.

These morons must be the most popular among other moronic democrats, please keep electing these "intellectual icons" to lead all the adolescents snowflakes in their venom spued hate towards any thing they don't agree with. And you will go the next eight years losing what little power you have now. Pocahontas for president in 2020.

There is something deeply wrong with the culture of liberals today. They worship victim-hood, think that feelings trump facts, that narratives trump reality. They actively encourage delusion in each other. This can't end well.

no photo
Fri 02/10/17 12:35 PM

Yet, the haters of Republicans are blaming that entire Republican student group.
http://www.themorningsun.com/article/20170209/NEWS/170209530

It's quite possible that this is a false flag, and the person who made the card wasn't even a republican. Like the Black Lies Matter activist who posted her own 'hate speech' against her own group, in order to manipulate the sheep-like leftist students into supporting her Black Lies Matter marches and such.

" The group didn’t identify the member who placed the card in the bag. "

Until they prove that it was in fact a member, this is speculation.

no photo
Fri 02/10/17 11:59 AM

i doubt that unless she was up close and personal unless it shows
vagina on video its a she said she saw and if the buttocks are on the video most likely she (teacher) had her back to the class and if she is vertical in the cart wheel i doubt it would crack open and if she was bending at the waist the vagina would be facing away from the class

You seem to have given this matter some careful thought, and you seem knowledgeable in the bio-mechanics of buttocks and the logistics of viewing vaginas up skirts during cartwheels.

not condoning her actions but lets get it right

Well done, I believe you've done exactly that.

no photo
Fri 02/10/17 11:48 AM

I really don't care who likes who. Every president has critics. My issue is how far it has gone this time

i agree with that

Leftists protesters in recent years have definitely gone to far. Many in the Black Lies Matter Movement even make the argument that we need to have respect for "black pain" and humble ourselves before the "black experience" when they destroy a CVS or beat up innocent white people for being white.

This kind of thinking only leads to more violence. This is an endorsement not only of criminal behavior, but also the denial of responsibility which breeds more criminal behavior.

i dont care who or what a group is protesting once they get violent and
destructive they are no longer protestors they are criminals

at that point the rules change

they should bring back the fire hoses with responsible pressure setting
and hose those criminals down as step 1

Absolutely. Fortunately more people on the left are starting to understand this. There is a schism starting on the left - those who care about facts/evidence, free speech, and non-violence are washing their hands of the leftists who think that 'hate speech' is a real thing and deserving a violent response.

You might be interested in Dave Rubin, if you've not already seen his videos.

if they continue criminal activity after 15 minutes turn up the
pressure

then star using rubber bullets or rock salt

Yes, yes and yes.

We should also do similar things when they block freeways. Freeways should absolutely be off limits to a so called 'protest'. Blocking freeways endanger people's lives.

but teh violence that erupts at protest need to be handled and the
big names behind the instigation need to be found and prosecuted
and forced to pay restitution for govt cost and individual loss

drinker

no photo
Fri 02/10/17 11:38 AM

Wish I still had my gameboy color or advance

Pretty sure you can get an emulator for that and run it on an Android phone. And also get a case which has the controls built into it for the full retro experience.

no photo
Wed 02/08/17 04:18 PM
How else do you explain " silly putty classes and group meetings to try to deal with the Clinton lose.

This is what many of our universities are producing, today. Its especially bad in the women's studies and black studies departments. Students are taught that facts are irrelevant, all that matters are their own feelings - and that coddling them and their feelings is paramount.

Christina Hoff Summers is an older feminist, from the days before feminism turned itself into a joke. When she came to speak at a unversity these wilting flowers set up a "safe space" with children's toys and a therapy dog. For adult (20 year old) students at the school.

All because hearing the opinions of a *different brand of feminism* was presumed to be too traumatic for them.

no photo
Wed 02/08/17 03:11 PM

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25