Community > Posts By > massagetrade

no photo
Wed 02/08/17 03:03 PM
"trying to be a cool teacher"

Never a good thing.

no photo
Wed 02/08/17 02:59 PM
hmmm? and what is your source of 'understanding' of the movement?

I try not to post too much personal information online, but the people reading this thread who have bothered to look outside of their bubbles for a deeper understanding of what is happening in this country know that these 7 points, taken as a whole, are a great characterization of the BLM movement.

no photo
Wed 02/08/17 02:04 PM

nah, not really

besides being a victimized community,,there is no natural male leader(#6), there is no connection between being involved and individual self esteem(#5), the movement has no philosophy of superiority (#7), the group is not opposed to individualism or liberalism(#3), or against individual rights(#1)

not to mention, the description doesnt apply first off as the movement is not a government or authority,,,(regime)

Perceived to be victimized. Perceived

Though you have continuously defended the Black Lies Matter movement, its clear that you don't understand the movement, outside of your own involvment in it. You and any other caring, intelligent people go to prayer vigils holding candles really have little to do with the larger Black Lies Matter movement, I'm sorry to say. You are wrong on #5, #7, #3, and #1.

For #3, remember that there is more than one axis of political thought.

In a democratic county, the cultural foundation for fascism is never a government or authority.

The only one you got right is the 'male leader' nonsense, which is simply a matter of historical accident.

no photo
Wed 02/08/17 01:58 PM
SJW's generally don't care about definitions, unless they are dishonestly using them as an absolute authority to dodge responsibility for their actions.

For example, the same feminists who demand special privileges and advocate for female supremacy will immediately pull out a dictionary and declare the feminism is a movement for egalitarianism.

To me, SJWs are largely the under-30 liberals who have no sense of personal responsibility, who are so deeply immersed in the an ideology of identity politics they function like a cult, who are intolerant of anyone elses opinion, who are against free speech, who think bullying is fine as long as its done by the right side, who lack a sense of meaning and purpose in life and so invest all of their self worth and sense of purpose in their extremist political/social views, and who eagerly, shamelessly participate in grouthink.

SJWs have ruined feminism and they both started and ruined the Black Lies Matters movement.

But wikipedia has, perhaps, a more useful explanation. Remember, this is NOT about 'equal rights for women' nor is it about 'civil rights', nor is it about a 'positive, functional approach to multiculturalism'. That's the facade, the self deception they engage in:

"Social justice warrior" (commonly abbreviated SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual promoting socially progressive views,[1] including feminism,[1][2] civil rights,[1] multiculturalism,[1] and identity politics.[3] The accusation of being an SJW carries implications of pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction,[4] and being engaged in disingenuous social justice arguments or activism to raise personal reputation, also known as virtue signalling.[5]"

no photo
Wed 02/08/17 01:39 PM

Is anti-democratic a Racist?

"Racist" simply means "someone who disagrees with me".

Thank you, SJWs, for taking all of the power out of that word. /s

no photo
Wed 02/08/17 01:34 PM

this is nothing more then a repackaged anti Trump thread. One of many started recently under different headings.. but the same core meaning.... so obvious.

It seems that way to me, too.

I'm no fan of Trump and think that there is a lot of legit criticism to be made of him and his EOs, but the loud, media consuming insanity happening on the left (just see the anti-women "women's march") is just muddying the waters. They distract from legit criticism of Trump.

no photo
Wed 02/08/17 01:31 PM

I feel anti-Trumps are facists (and no I don't like any politicians). They rioted and bullied people to get their way. Example: if Trump is president I will move to Canada (think they closed their borders), death threats to anyone that performed at the inauguration, riots destroying citizens property....all before he even took office. Now we have snowflakes needing play doh and coloring books and Hollywood wanting a strike. Who are they?

Yes, absolutely. And they assaulted people when they rioted at one of Milo's planned speaking engagements in Berkeley.

If you look into the beliefs these folks have, and their group psychology, they are exactly the kind of cultural movement who give rise to hate, violence, and fascism.

no photo
Wed 02/08/17 01:29 PM

No. But maybe if liberals have their way.:smile:

Yes. Especially those liberals who embrace identity politics. They sacrifice human decency and good values to gain a feeling of superiority.

no photo
Wed 02/08/17 01:27 PM
6 out of 7 of these points make for an excellent description of the Black Lies Matters movement.

Paxton, author of several books, including "The Anatomy of Fascism" (Vintage, 2005), said fascism is based more on feelings than philosophical ideas. In his 1988 essay "The Five Stages of Fascism," published in 1998 in the Journal of Modern History, he defined seven feelings that act as "mobilizing passions" for fascist regimes. They are:

1. The primacy of the group. Supporting the group feels more important than maintaining either individual or universal rights.

2. Believing that one's group is a victim. This justifies any behavior against the group's enemies.

3.The belief that individualism and liberalism enable dangerous decadence and have a negative effect on the group.

4.A strong sense of community or brotherhood. This brotherhood's "unity and purity are forged by common conviction, if possible, or by exclusionary violence if necessary."

5.Individual self-esteem is tied up in the grandeur of the group. Paxton called this an "enhanced sense of identity and belonging."

6.Extreme support of a "natural" leader, who is always male. This results in one man taking on the role of national savior.

7."The beauty of violence and of will, when they are devoted to the group's success in a Darwinian struggle," Paxton wrote. The idea of a naturally superior group or, especially in Hitler's case, biological racism, fits into a fascist interpretation of Darwinism.

Once in power, "fascist dictatorships suppressed individual liberties, imprisoned opponents, forbade strikes, authorized unlimited police power in the name of national unity and revival, and committed military aggression," Paxton wrote.

Read more at: http://www.livescience.com/57622-fascism.html

do you see us eventually HAVING/EMBRACING a fascist leadership for the purpose of 'NATIONAL' loyalty and strength?

no photo
Sat 12/24/16 11:35 AM
ROFLMAO

no photo
Fri 12/23/16 10:28 AM

sexists, and racists, and bullies, and narcissists, ,, all make the world more interesting,,,

as long as its all 'honest'

Oh.. were now talking about them?.. I thought we were talking about crybabies.

Actually, those are the same groups of people. The rabid Trump haters are all sexists, Bullies, racists, and narcissists.

no photo
Fri 12/23/16 10:24 AM
""It was suggested that the southern most tip nearest to their brethren islands was the most suitable location..""

The most suitable location for what?

no photo
Sat 12/17/16 10:22 PM
Hiring a Social Justice Warrior

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8eYwddllFUY

no photo
Mon 12/12/16 02:07 PM
If the mechanism that produces SJWs is left unexamined and unchecked, eventually they will pose a serious threat to our nation. A functional democratic republic requires a degree of personal responsibility among the voters. SJWs are allergic to personal responsibility.

Their parents didn't teach it to them. We used to expect schools to teach it to them, but now we are afraid to damage anyone sensitive 'self esteem'.

The schools not only fail to teach it, they are even teaching them to blame cishet white men and capitalism for all of their problems in life.

We used to expect that 'real life' will teach it to them, but now we have so many safety nets, some are still not learning personal responsibility.

And as our culture produces more and more of them, they are trying to reshape our corporate culture and our laws to fit their victim-worshiping worldview. That want even more safety nets!

If this continues unchecked, eventually we will have a critical mass of voters who combine economic illiteracy with a complete lack of personal responsibility. This could lead to the economic ruin of our country.

no photo
Mon 12/12/16 02:07 PM
Edited by massagetrade on Mon 12/12/16 02:08 PM
(duplicate)

no photo
Mon 12/12/16 12:53 PM
Your AI has failed the Turing test.

no photo
Mon 12/12/16 12:44 PM
Edited by massagetrade on Mon 12/12/16 12:44 PM
The left's pre-occupation with the so-called "popular vote" is dishonest.

We know how the votes work in this country. We vote by state. Aside from Maine and Nebraska, its winner take all! This is not a nation wide popular vote. This fact influences how people vote!

The mis-leadingly titled "popular vote" count would have been very different if we were holding a true popular vote for the position of president. Many people would have voted differently.

A lot of people that aren't in a "swing state" (rightly) think that their vote is less likely to effect the outcome of the election. Therefore they simply stayed home, or they voted third party. Many would have done otherwise if we had a true popular vote.

Trump was 100% correct to say that he would have campaigned differently if it had been a popular vote. Also, many of us would have voted differently, too.

We don't know who would have gotten more votes if we didn't have the electoral college.

Dems who keep railing on and on about the popular vote don't care, though. All they usually care about is advancing their agenda.

no photo
Mon 12/12/16 12:23 PM

got that right!
Just look at the last Election!laugh
Boy ain't they shot themselves and Hillary in the Foot!laugh laugh

Yes. I disliked Hillary from the beginning, but watching so many in the media abuse their positions to lie, confuse, and manipulate people into voting for her just strengthened my desire for her to not win.

no photo
Mon 12/12/16 12:18 PM

Two church's with out god that I am aware of that can be suitable for atheist are

Unitarian Universalism
and
Sunday assembly

Does anyone know of others?

I can't name the specific churches, but there are many Buddhist temples and organizations that are compatible with non-theism. Some of them encourage non-theistic magical thinking, and many do not.

no photo
Thu 11/10/16 05:01 PM
laugh laugh

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25