Community > Posts By > singleman960

singleman960's photo
Wed 05/20/15 04:11 PM
Edited by singleman960 on Wed 05/20/15 04:11 PM

singleman960's photo
Wed 05/20/15 04:09 PM
Edited by singleman960 on Wed 05/20/15 04:11 PM

.. my grandparents having sex.... I still can't see out of one eye...lol

Thank you for reminding me of such ... unpleasant surprises ... my mom and stepfather... eeewww...

My 4 year old son barging in when mom and dad were ...

No no no!! Back in the cupboard, memories!!

singleman960's photo
Wed 05/20/15 04:07 PM

The last time I saw my dad's face before he died. He told me he loved me. A face of approval and love. A first in 30 years.
Awww it's wonderful that he got to say he loved you before he passed to the other side. My father died before I had a chance to see him one last time. Thanks for sharing.

singleman960's photo
Wed 05/20/15 04:04 PM

waking up in hospital, after I found out i had died and it was a miracle they got me back.

and seeing my neice just after she was born.:heart:
Oh wow! Can I ask you if you for how long that you died? Did you see anything?

singleman960's photo
Wed 05/20/15 03:56 PM
Edited by singleman960 on Wed 05/20/15 03:57 PM

The old disappearing trick. It would be nice to get an explanation as to why the other person just disappeared but that's not how it works. Sorry she did that but nothing can be done except move on.

Yes, it sucks. There are really those type of people who will appear and then disappear then reappear again. I am in love with one and I don't think I can play this kind of game anymore.
Yes it does suck! Maybe it's time to move on. Good luck.

singleman960's photo
Wed 05/20/15 03:26 PM
Edited by singleman960 on Wed 05/20/15 03:28 PM

I've never had any PHOTOGRAPHIC quality memories. That must be a unique sensation.

As for the idea that memories are changed by the act of recalling them, I think that's misleading in the way it is expressed. I've read a number of reports about studies of memory, from various viewpoints, and none of them entirely agree.

However, none of them could be accurately said to have claimed firmly that all acts of recollection alter memories, and make them forever false. It is especially true, that changes made to memories, are not always distortions of them. Changes can make them more accurate as well, especially when the persons' perspective and emotional stability has been improved or broadened with time and experience.

Certainly my own, still very clear memory, is one of personal accomplishment by mental effort.

I was about six months old (I did not have a clear appreciation of time measurement, but since I know that I could not yet walk, and that I did learn to walk by seven months, that I was no more than .5 years old). I was sitting in the middle of the main room of our house, and I wanted to see what the sky looked like through the small windows at the top of the front door. I craned my head back and looked, but I could only see the eaves of the roof overhanging the door outside.

I turned around and looked behind me, and saw that there was a stair that I thought I could climb, across the room from me, and I imagined that if I got up on that stair, that I would be able to see much further out the window, because I would be higher in the room. So I crawled to the stair, climbed up on top of it with great effort, turned and sat down and looked at the windows at the top of the door again.

To my great satisfaction, I could indeed now see the blue sky beyond the eaves of the house.

I am sure that the reason I do still recall it so well, is that I was THAT pleased with the fact that I was capable of solving a problem by myself like that.
Nice to hear of memories that go to a very early age. Thank you for sharing!

singleman960's photo
Wed 05/20/15 03:18 PM
My memory was that of my first grey leather bomber jacket that was bought by my parents because of my passing grades. It was 1984 and I remember the store ( Jackson's store) and the friendly store clerk ( light brown balding man in his perhaps 40's) who showed me all the different kinds of jackets. I can still see the layout of the store ,my anticipation of my choice of jacket. It came to a total of $168.00 and remembering being proud of it. I can still smell the leather protecting product that I used to put on my jacket. I can even see myself at 14 years old and going to school in September and getting compliments and feeling proud. So I agree with SitkaRains that some people are able to get all their senses when it is a wonderful memory imprinted in them. I have never forgotten about this experiencehappy

singleman960's photo
Wed 05/20/15 11:55 AM

photographic memory? laugh Think you are a star witness? laugh

....According to a recent study, just as you can't step in the same river twice, your memories are changed by the act of recalling them, meaning that every memory we have is colored by the times we've recollected it before.The research, conducted by Northwestern Medicine and published this week in the Journal of Neuroscience, shows that recalling a memory more often makes that memory less accurate, and that every time you take a memory off the shelf in your brain, you put it back just a tiny bit different.....
You Remember That Wrong: Brain Distorts Memories Every Time It Recalls Them
Can you supply the link please I am interested in reading this .

Ive seen some movies dealing with this phenomenon... And the show Brain Games explains a lot on the selectiveness of memory and the power of suggestion to add and subtract details from our memories.

Photographic memory probably works more if youre focused on remembering...and if you practice noticing details around-- like security personnel...
interesting..

singleman960's photo
Wed 05/20/15 11:54 AM

The day..that moment, when I realized that 'she' was the best that could ever have happened to someone like me...:heart:
:banana:

singleman960's photo
Wed 05/20/15 11:52 AM

The way a certain friend used to greet me, every morning, when he came downstairs for breakfast. I'd give anything to experience it again.
You might experience that again someday. happy

singleman960's photo
Wed 05/20/15 11:50 AM

Death in the family.
Hated those emergency calls.
That wouldn't have been good memories for sure. sorry for your losses. :cry:

singleman960's photo
Wed 05/20/15 11:48 AM

Watching my little (not so little anymore) brother being born by c-section and then cutting his umbilical cord
i never seen in real life a baby being born but it would be certainly unforgettable ! Thank you for sharing!happy

singleman960's photo
Wed 05/20/15 11:46 AM

Ok what is the best memory that you have that you can still visualize as if your still there?

I have too many precious memories to say which one is the best..
Yes, photographic memory is a wonderful thing..

I will share one that each Christmas ornament I touch I am transported back to the year it was bought or when I obtained it the Christmas, childrens ages, dinners, baking. all of that particular year. The sounds,sights,smells, and feelings come rushing back
Wow!! Your photographic memory includes all senses. that's wonderful as you can relive all of it by thinking about these special moments in your life. thank you for sharing. smile2

singleman960's photo
Wed 05/20/15 11:41 AM

Time I climbed as high as I could free climbing the Matterhorn in Switzerland! Will never forget the view and the exhilaration I felt...biggrin
Wow that's a nice memory to have and one you'll never forget!!

singleman960's photo
Tue 05/19/15 05:11 PM

I can still see every curve/line of His face and His arms and hands that used to hold me. I can also very clearly hear His voice calling my name. sad happy :heart: brokenheart
Sorry to hear! :cry: At least you have those memories.

singleman960's photo
Tue 05/19/15 05:09 PM

.. my grandparents having sex.... I still can't see out of one eye...lol
Yes I would say that would be something you'd never get out of you head !! scared rofl

singleman960's photo
Tue 05/19/15 03:52 PM

Watching my two son's walk across the stage and get their High School diplomas one after the other. Then I knew they had a real shot at life.

Yes it would have made you proud to see them graduate. I have no children of my own but I would have felt the same.

singleman960's photo
Tue 05/19/15 03:49 PM

Bouncing for Jeff Healey in Cambridge when he first started out

That must have been fun. i know when I go to concerts and enjoy myself it's something you never forget!!

singleman960's photo
Tue 05/19/15 03:25 PM
Ok what is the best memory that you have that you can still visualize as if your still there?

singleman960's photo
Mon 05/18/15 05:25 AM
Edited by singleman960 on Mon 05/18/15 05:58 AM
In my opinion being nice does pay off, I've seen that many times and that wonderful feeling it brings knowing that you made someones day. We all have our bad days also but being nice ( not a welcome door mat)is what will be worth at the end of the day. That being said you can't please everyone even when your nice to someone who doesn't reciprocate it back to you because sometimes the other person maybe going through something that we know nothing about.I do know ( there isn't only me)what it means to be disappointed when you see that nothing seems to go right in your life when your a nice person. The way that I did and do my best to deal with this , is to think at least I put it out there in the Universe and this decreases my stess alot! I hope this bit of information helps someone. Have a nice day everyone or try to. happy