Community > Posts By > csulbguy

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 01:20 PM

this topic is so old n done to death.we all know this we get em every dayasleep

Didn't realize it since I'm new - just saying it defeats the purpose.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 01:06 PM
I've been using this app for a little over three weeks now, and I gotta say, it's ridiculous how many women here appear to have a normal profile but turn out to have ulterior motives.

I'm experiencing this from Los Angeles but can imagine it's probably everywhere here.

no photo
Fri 04/17/15 07:21 PM

Does it exist?

I don't mean to raise a philosophical question, but even my own experiences have showed me, at some point you begin to develop some sort of "feelings". Whether it's the guy or girl (I've experienced both).

I think as you get older and embrace the complications of meeting others, it is possible, but it needs to be established. Basically two people on the same page - in terms of communication, goals, or reason of friendship (usually progressive).

Can a friendship exist without the lust, especially if the relationship holds more of a intrinsic value than simply having sex?

Please share your success stories :)

I have more men friends than I do women that is just a fact of life.
when I hang out with my guy friends there has never ever been an issue of something sexual come up.. IF the thought has crossed their minds they were wise enough to keep it themselves.Some of the best insight in myself and them has been long discussions on their outlook of life compared to mine.

I have been in hunting camps with men and anything sexual is the farthest thing from any of our minds...

I can't speak for any other woman on here but usually when a woman puts you a guy in the friends zone that is where you stay.. You are my buddy the one that I hang around with go fishing with, play football, all the things most of my GF's aren't into.. One you are put there with me then you stay there.. If that said person ever tried to come out of there it strains the friendship...

I think it's cool you have more guy friends, although I wouldn't necessarily say I have an equal amount of friends either.

That "strains the friendship" is what I question. We have all experienced friendship and I would argue why is it strain, but it should now be stronger. Perhaps it's not fighting for the friendship or giving in to immediate feelings (a confusion if you will) - nevertheless it's interesting to know you can have platonic relationships without compromising the quality and foundation. I would certainly hold on to those :).

no photo
Fri 04/17/15 03:58 PM

No, the sexual attraction will rear its ugly head sooner or later & for those who say "oh I've been friends w/this guy/girl for X years & we've never gone through that":

The other person is NOT telling you the whole truth about their feelings b/c they know you aren't attracted to them & they would get rejected, so they would rather keep their "attachment" to you in the lesser form if they can't get what they really want.

It's just a case of I can't have X so I'll settle for Y. You may be genuinely happy for them if they get into a R/S with someone but you can be sure they are pining away for you whenever you are in one.

As for the married folks: there is a reason "couples" mix with other couples - the inference is that neither set of "friends" would interfere with the pair bond of the other set (doesn't always work). Ask any married woman if she is okay with her pretty single friend coming over to her house when she is away & husband is home: NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! She may love this woman like a sister but that's where she draws the line.

Human nature can be repressed & hidden, but never eliminated.

Classic argument - can't beat human nature. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your post.

no photo
Thu 04/16/15 08:23 PM

Comedian Martin Lawrence was found dead inside of a Los Angeles hotel this morning. Lawrence was scheduled to checkout this morning after 10 AM. At approximately 10:15 AM, a maid named Verna Del Sosa went to Lawrence's room to clean and thats when Lawrence's body was discovered on the floor. "I was shocked, I've never seen a dead body before", says Del Sosa. Del Sosa immediately called for an ambulance but it was too late. According to the paramedics, it appears that Lawrence's body laid lifeless on the hotel floor for several days.

An autopsy is scheduled to take place Thursday which will hopefully uncover the mystery of Martin Lawrence's death. So far, foul play is not suspected but has not been ruled out. Martin Lawrence was anticipating shooting the third installment in the "Bad Boys" trilogy alongside long-time friend, Will Smith. Filming was supposed to begin next month in Miami, Florida.

Born April 16, 1965 in Germany to US military parents, Martin Lawrence began his career doing stand-up comedy which landed him his own HBO sitcom, Martin staring Tichina Arnold. Following the success of Martin, Lawrence took to the big screen and starred in many films such as Life, Bad Boys 1 & 2, Blue Streak, Big Momma's House and many more.

Looking forward to bad boys 3 and its a good thing you don't always believe what you read on the Internet :)

no photo
Thu 04/16/15 08:23 PM

Comedian Martin Lawrence was found dead inside of a Los Angeles hotel this morning. Lawrence was scheduled to checkout this morning after 10 AM. At approximately 10:15 AM, a maid named Verna Del Sosa went to Lawrence's room to clean and thats when Lawrence's body was discovered on the floor. "I was shocked, I've never seen a dead body before", says Del Sosa. Del Sosa immediately called for an ambulance but it was too late. According to the paramedics, it appears that Lawrence's body laid lifeless on the hotel floor for several days.

An autopsy is scheduled to take place Thursday which will hopefully uncover the mystery of Martin Lawrence's death. So far, foul play is not suspected but has not been ruled out. Martin Lawrence was anticipating shooting the third installment in the "Bad Boys" trilogy alongside long-time friend, Will Smith. Filming was supposed to begin next month in Miami, Florida.

Born April 16, 1965 in Germany to US military parents, Martin Lawrence began his career doing stand-up comedy which landed him his own HBO sitcom, Martin staring Tichina Arnold. Following the success of Martin, Lawrence took to the big screen and starred in many films such as Life, Bad Boys 1 & 2, Blue Streak, Big Momma's House and many more.

Looking forward to bad boys 3 and its a good thing you don't always believe what you read on the Internet :)

no photo
Wed 04/15/15 10:46 PM

My very best friend is a guy...we do everything together...we have been friends for over 10 years..and he knows all my secrets as I know his..a lot of people don't understand why we don't just be a couple...over the years we have both at one time or another teased the thought...but we both value the friendship...sex would destroy the innocence of our relationship and we get along so well...I also think because I have children (all grown)...and he doesn't...if we became a "relationship".. His lack of understanding that my children come above everything would eventually destroy any chance of staying together...and honestly as long as we have been friends..I would feel like I was having sex with my brother..yuck..friends to the end..drinks

I think it's wonderful that you have such a friendship, that is meaningful and built on honesty (knowing each other's secrets), especially for 10 years.

It's assuring to know it does exist, even if it can be questionable at times. I'm glad both of you place a high value on what you have and keeping it.

no photo
Wed 04/15/15 10:37 PM

I don't even understand how this is a legit question. Of course you can have a platonic friendship, I have many of them. What kind of a horn dog can't just be friends with someone without wanting to get naked with them? Are you completely ruled by your crotch?

Msmyka - I first laughed when I read your response as I sensed a sarcastic tone to it. To answer your question, and I completely agree with what your saying, I'm not "ruled by my crotch" (in case this question was directed at me).

I do want to note there are are a lot of great experiences and answers here :)

no photo
Wed 04/15/15 10:17 PM

Friendship without sex Does it exist?

Between hetero same gender people?
Sure. No problem. That's just forming a social group between people with similar communication abilities.

Between hetero opposite gender people?
Sure. You can be friends without having sex. Your behavior is ultimately your choice and responsibility. Although it is going to be more difficult since communication is largely gender based, different, and geared towards mating rather than the social construct of "friends."
You can choose to not have sex with someone.

You cannot be friends without having sexual feelings developing at some point and influencing your behavior, at least indirectly.

That's just not how the human body works.
Gender exists for a reason.
Attraction and sex chemicals are on autopilot and tend to be gender specific, reacting to the opposite gender.
Your hormones are opportunistic and not under your direct conscious control. They never will be.

Not only that add in the "traditional" model of raising men towards suppressing their emotions, that emotions make them weak, to deny their emotions.

That tends to translate to "emotional knowledge retardation."

You have complex emotions. Humans do.
As a guy, you aren't supposed to really be mindful of them, only not show them. To "grow a pair," and, "man up," and just "do" something as opposed to wallow in them, define them, constantly express them and thereby learn the minute differences between them through thoughtful experience.

If you were raised as a male with any influence from traditional roles or models then you are going to deny a wide range of emotions.

People like to label and box things. Like "I'm angry. I'm hungry. I'm sad. I'm horny. I'm lonely."

Each has it's own, ingrained and trained appropriate response that are usually compatible to the emotion.

If you haven't been trained to have an appropriate response, you will simply fall back on the ingrained.
Which in this case is "woman, nice/accepting/sticking around = interested in me = mating opportunity."

Even if you were trained for a different response it is simply going to come into conflict, causing stress, with what is ingrained.
e.g. sublimating emotions with food. "I'm angry/sad = I'm hungry = I eat, rather than =I punch something and yell and whine and complain and find someone to commiserate with."

So you can be friends with a woman.
You will never be friends with a woman and be able to absolutely remove any sexual influence or motivation to your behavior.

It's the biological differences in the makeup of the brain which allow women to delude themselves they aren't affected by the same, inherent sexual impetus as men.

It's worth saying you took an interesting approach to a broad question, specifically that of the human biological nature.

In addition, you brought up a lot of good points - that of high/low context societal cues, traditional gender roles, and individualistic preferences (we make our own choices and are responsible for them).

Given the effort and thought put into this answer (well-rounded), I believe your on to something here.

Thanks for your answer.

no photo
Wed 04/15/15 09:32 PM

I reckon a lot of these replies kinda put a damper on the whole "starting out as friends" thing. But I don't believe them. Whether it is voiced or not, acted upon or not, one or both parties wanna rub their bellies together at some point. Remember, just because you don't find me attractive or like me "in that way" doesn't mean I don't find you attractive and DO like you "in that way"...

I would just like to say that my friend and I have never had any bellies rubbing or kissing of any sort. We have decided a long time ago to be mates and yes it is possible. Yes this topic came up last week and we both said that we don't think like that about each other.
We are like brother and sister nothing else. It is possible for two people of the opposite sex can be close friends without sex.

Annierooroo - you are the proof to this discussion thread :)

no photo
Wed 04/15/15 09:27 PM

My last job was in a male dominated sport. I have lots of friends who are male, and nothing more than friends.

That sounds incredible - I'm trying to imagine putting myself in your shoes.

Do you stay in touch still?

Since the business closed, we have scattered around the area. We don't hang around nearly as much as we did, but when we all see each other, it's just like old times. Hugs, silliness, old jokes... catching up on what is real in our lives.

That does sound authentic and genuine. I'm glad you were able to find friendship, where it matters.

no photo
Wed 04/15/15 09:01 PM

My last job was in a male dominated sport. I have lots of friends who are male, and nothing more than friends.

That sounds incredible - I'm trying to imagine putting myself in your shoes.

Do you stay in touch still?

no photo
Wed 04/15/15 08:59 PM

it is common in Muslim countries. boy and girl just love each other.

I see what you mean especially in countries in the Middle East and Asia but it's not as simple as love. There is strong parental influence, socio-economic ties between families, and of course the religion of Islam itself. I would think even that is questionable in the sense of your likings in comparison to all other driving factors mentioned.

It's interesting seeing how different cultures portray friendship, and in this case even marriage differently. It's incomparable to here in the west.

no photo
Wed 04/15/15 08:36 PM

Does it exist?

I don't mean to raise a philosophical question, but even my own experiences have showed me, at some point you begin to develop some sort of "feelings". Whether it's the guy or girl (I've experienced both).

I think as you get older and embrace the complications of meeting others, it is possible, but it needs to be established. Basically two people on the same page - in terms of communication, goals, or reason of friendship (usually progressive).

Can a friendship exist without the lust, especially if the relationship holds more of a intrinsic value than simply having sex?

Well I am like Good Luck Chuck. Girls that date me or have sex with me end up marrying the next guy they meet. laugh slaphead rofl

That's sad That makes me cry for you
tears sad

That makes one of us. :tongue: laugh

Actually though, the last two women I have dated have gone on to meet their husbands (right after breaking up with me). It's just life.

Even if your like Good Luck Chuck, I do wish you luck in finding what your looking for. I've seen similar situations, but it's almost unreal. Your basically at that point where your ready to marry (psychologically) and your out there and your moving fast.

It's almost like a different kind of connection, at least that's how I see it.

no photo
Wed 04/15/15 08:26 PM
That's pretty awesome, to have that level of maturity and understanding. Four years speaks volumes.

I would value and cherish it, although friends can be friends.

no photo
Wed 04/15/15 08:06 PM

I don't mean to raise a philosophical question,
but even my own experiences have showed
me, at some point you begin to develop some
sort of "feelings". Whether it's the guy or girl

Cant say that Ive ever wanted to rail one of my male pals. Female friends? Sure, the thought has crossed my mind....and a few have admitted its crossed theirs. But boundaries get set....and they are honored....until tequila night laugh Lol no not really....friends are, well, friends. Its gets too complicated for me if that line is crossed.

I know what you mean, and I suppose the emphasis would be on setting boundaries. Let's face it, some view friendship more lightly, where as others take it quite seriously. Your right about that.

no photo
Wed 04/15/15 08:01 PM

I know it can happen. I have a lot of guys and girls that are my friends and we hang out together with nothing but friendship in mind. If I need to know something about guys I will ask them and they answer it.
We have talked about what we want in the beginning and both sides agree on friendship. We don't even look at each other in a lustful way.
Yes It can happen and when it does they become your family.

It's encouraging to hear this and quite frankly reminds me of the show f.r.i.e.n.d.s.

I wonder though if it's strictly on a one-on -one basis in comparison to having a group of friends, would it still be the same.

no photo
Wed 04/15/15 07:50 PM
It can be a positive thing and the best things in life unfortunately come in process form :)

I learned/did the following:

1. Be more social
2. Exercise more
3. Find a new hobby
4. Make improvements to your life (extra time and money now available)
5. Focus on what you want and pursue it (education, job, a personal goal, etc).

You will move on and look back someday, be strong and smile.

no photo
Wed 04/15/15 07:35 PM
Does it exist?

no photo
Wed 04/15/15 07:23 PM
Well holy crap - I can honestly say the man must honor and really love the woman, especially to tolerate that.

Two things:

Religion - higher state of self-awareness
Marriage - the complications of ending a marriage.

Other than these two things, it seems toxic for all three parties.

Previous 1