Community > Posts By > DrBogenbroom

DrBogenbroom's photo
Wed 10/28/09 09:18 PM
biggrin

DrBogenbroom's photo
Fri 10/23/09 07:34 PM

That kick really hurt.

I know the Phills are going to win. But it still seems funny to think about them as champs.

I'm in Hershey. It's 1.5 hours to Home, which is another 45 minutes from the city.

Yes. The city is a treat. Always has been. A normal trip would be: Reading Terminal Market, Chinatown, Old City, Constitution Center, Society Hill, Waterfront, The Gallery, Shane's candy shop. Now I want to go even worse. Why can't at AL just concede?

It wasn't supposed to hurt .. it was supposed to be flirtatious ... frustrated

It's 1.5 hours to where? Oh, you said you used to live in West Chester. How far away from Hershey Park are you? My family is going to CandyLand in December .. it's a tradition. =]

Ah, the last time I was in Philly .. I went to some hospital because my best friend had her small intestine removed and we were visiting her. That was tough, seeing her that weak and vulnerable. Our moms knew each other when my mom was a teenager, so we've been best friends since birth.

Yeah, so I apparently like to babble on about nothing important...haha.

I know what it was supposed to be. I just forgot my smilie face. :-)

I can see the Kissing Tower from my apartment. When the park is open, I can hear the coasters. lol.

Candy Lane looks like fun. It reminds me of going to Longwood Gardens for their holiday display.

I'm sorry that your last trip wasn't on very pleasent terms. Maybe next time will be more celebratory.

Hmmm... We've kinda strayed off topic a bit...

GO PHILLS!!!!! Beat those Ang-keys!!!

DrBogenbroom's photo
Fri 10/23/09 06:30 PM
Edited by DrBogenbroom on Fri 10/23/09 06:31 PM
That kick really hurt.

I know the Phills are going to win. But it still seems funny to think about them as champs.

I'm in Hershey. It's 1.5 hours to Home, which is another 45 minutes from the city.

Yes. The city is a treat. Always has been. A normal trip would be: Reading Terminal Market, Chinatown, Old City, Constitution Center, Society Hill, Waterfront, The Gallery, Shane's candy shop. Now I want to go even worse. Why can't at AL just concede?

DrBogenbroom's photo
Fri 10/23/09 06:01 PM
Driving into the city isn't much fun when there's only a million residents. I can't imagine doing it with another million or so drunk visitors.

The only thing I need to work out is that I want to meld the parade with my usual Philly shenanigans. Somehow I need to get from 30th street station over, around the parade route, and make my way clear to the waterfront.

Then again... The boys haven't even started playing. Perhaps it's a little too soon to plan a celebration. :banana:

DrBogenbroom's photo
Fri 10/23/09 05:32 PM

When the Phills win the World Series... I will make it to the parade. Sadly, due to poor planning, I ended up at the beach that day instead of cheering on my team and my city.

Go Phills!!!!!!

The beach ... in October? o.O

I was at work .. while my boss was at the parade. We watched it on the computer, though! =]

But I was there when they won!! ...in the parking lot, though .. we didn't have tickets but I WAS there at the stadium when the Phillies became 2008 World Series Champions!!!

Yes. In October.

I took the day off so I could go to the parade. The plan was to take the R5 SEPTA line from Exton (I know the area well enough. I grew up in West Chester.). I knew as soon as I saw the station that there was no way I was going to make it into the city on time. So... Since I was already an hour and a half away from home, I decided to make a day of it. I made a bee-line for the Delaware coast. I wouldn't call that a wasted day at all.

This year I'm planning to take Amtrak from Harrisburg.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Fri 10/23/09 03:27 PM
When the Phills win the World Series... I will make it to the parade. Sadly, due to poor planning, I ended up at the beach that day instead of cheering on my team and my city.

Go Phills!!!!!!

DrBogenbroom's photo
Fri 10/23/09 02:13 PM
By Queen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2NRojC5eNQ

Music is playing in the darkness
And a lantern goes swinging by
Shadows flickering my heart's jittering
Just you and I
Not tonight come tomorrow
When ev'rything's sunny and bright (sunny and bright)
No no no come tomorrow 'cause then
We'll be waiting for moonlight

We'll go walking in the moonlight
Walking in the moonlight
Laughter ringing in the darkness
People drinking for days gone by
Time don't mean a thing
When you're by my side
Please stay awhile

You know I never could forsee the future years
You know I never could see
Where life was leading me
But will we be together forever?
What will be my love?
Can't you see that I just don't know

No not tonight not tomorrow
Ev'rything's gonna be alright (sunny and bright)
Wait and see if tomorrow we'll be
As happy as we're feeling tonight
We'll go walking in the moonlight (we'll be happy)
Walking in the moonlight

I can hear the music in the darkness
Floating softly to where we lie
No more questions now
Let's enjoy tonight
(Just you and I) just you and I
Just you and I
Can't you see that we've gotta be together
Be together just you and I just you and I
No more questions just you and I

DrBogenbroom's photo
Tue 10/20/09 03:51 PM
NJ - Free to enter. There will be a $3 charge to exit.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Mon 10/19/09 07:16 PM
When I'm online, I message people while I'm drunk. When at the bar, I sit quietly and watch the game on tv while I'm drunk. I don't see a reason to confuse the two past-times. I guess alcohol is the scotch tape that holds this life together...

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 10/11/09 03:41 PM
What goes on here? lol
what

DrBogenbroom's photo
Mon 10/05/09 04:42 AM
Kelly's Heroes!!!

They don't make 'em like that any more.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 10/04/09 03:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MRu8N2K0NY
Warren Zevon - Werewolves of London

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D3YydqWFmI
Rush - The Twilight Zone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZiEbfewefU
Ten Years After - Here They Come

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 10/04/09 11:44 AM
If you need smaller boxes and such, go to usps.com and order their flat rate boxes. Several different sizes, ans all are free. Tape and labels are free, too. They're not intended for uses other than shipping, but what they don't know won't hurt them.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Fri 10/02/09 02:39 PM

brokenheart "You're done already?":tongue:

"Is... Is it in yet?"

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 09/27/09 09:29 PM

contrary to some, Jethro Tull is NOT the name of anyone in said band..Jethro Tull was an english farmer who lived from 1674-1741, influencing british agriculture through his writings.
(source/columbia encyclopedia)

And how did the name come to be?

The story goes that in the early days of the band, they would have to go by a different name so that they could be booked at different venues. The one time a particular club wanted them back a second time, they had to use the same name. That name was Jethro Tull.

------------------

Way back in 1970, Genesis was searching for a new drummer. Roger Taylor (Queen drummer) was asked to fill the spot. He did not show up to audition. The drummer who took the position was Phil Collins.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Tue 09/22/09 06:27 PM
umm... I can't see without mine. So they're kind of a part of me.

But yeah. I like the ladies in glasses.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Mon 09/21/09 04:58 PM
Edited by DrBogenbroom on Mon 09/21/09 04:58 PM
7. The Rain Song - Led Zeppelin

DrBogenbroom's photo
Mon 09/21/09 03:04 PM
May the bird of paradise fly up your nose - Little Jimmy Dickens

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 09/20/09 05:37 PM
Edited by DrBogenbroom on Sun 09/20/09 05:38 PM
believer

dammit...

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 09/20/09 05:34 PM
Cat's Squirrel - Jethro Tull

Sossity; you're a woman - Jethro Tull

Smart Patrol (Mr. DNA) - Devo

The Fairy Feller's Master Stroke - Queen

Mad the Swine - Queen

Hard Monkeys - Ten Years After

50,000 miles beneath my brain - Ten Years After

Ladytron - Roxy Music

Abba Zabba - Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band

By-Tor and the Snow Dog - Rush

What is is that makes a song title strange? I took a shot.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15