Community > Posts By > spopo57

spopo57's photo
Fri 07/03/15 10:52 AM
Edited by spopo57 on Fri 07/03/15 10:53 AM
Something seems wrong when I try sending messages. They are sent to my mailbox from the person I tried to send it to. Are they also getting to to the intended recipient?

spopo57's photo
Thu 06/18/15 02:24 AM
The Woods.

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 02:01 PM
Edited by spopo57 on Fri 06/12/15 02:03 PM

nothing why?

Dittodrinker Another double post. I think my internet connection is .........

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 02:01 PM

nothing why?

Ditto

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 01:26 PM
Edited by spopo57 on Fri 06/12/15 01:30 PM
Your getting all kinds of conflicting info here. So......

I'll add this. I do a lot of work at cell sites. The laptops I've had have been through some tough times. Combat conditions. So I found the Toshiba was the most durable.

It sounds like the graphics circuitry went bad. So I'm not sure why this repair shop didn't see that from the get go. One thing you can try is to make sure the graphics driver is up to date. You can also try reinstalling the graphics driver. But the repair shop should have already done that. So........

Good Luck.

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 11:42 AM

It seems that I can't post images with bb code.

"
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4ES1RQ9xIwkYndLTGRJTmtJNDA&authuser=0
"
when I edit this I can see the bb code but while viewing the post it is invisible. And no image.

This your image?

Yes. If you copy that link into the address bar of your browser it should work. It does on mine. But is so small now because I tried to get it to work on this forum. I'm gonna have to upload it again cause this link is available at another forum. At least I think it is. As I'm posting this reply I can see the code that is supposed to show the image. Did anyone else who posted here see anything wrong?
I can't see anything. Anyhow time for another beer.drinker

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 10:40 AM
Edited by spopo57 on Fri 06/12/15 10:52 AM
It really depends on the artist.

I've published many images on the internet. Satellite images. So they were taken from government spacecraft. I always had a copyright that let anyone do with them as they pleased as long as they didn't use them for commercial purposes. I never really checked to see if there was a violation of the no commercial use rule. I was never contacted for such use. So ............

I would try to contact whoever wrote the song or the agency involved and ask. Or look at the copyright. It may tell you.

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 10:03 AM
Fragezeichen Nena Made in Germany

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 09:38 AM
I use a Toshiba.

But what happened to yours?

Mine crashed and burned about a year ago. Window 7 went down for the last time. So I bought a usb hard drive and installed openSuse 13.2 on it. I was amazed that all the files on the internal drive were still visible. So I was able to copy them to the usb drive. After I was even able to install suse on the internal drive too. Yours may not have bitten the dust.

Anyhow, I had an Acer and a Compac in the past. Never again. Not sure what I'm getting next either. This one finally lost the internal drive. The dvd player went about 1 and half years ago. So I'm not really happy with the Toshiba either. But still, it didn't leave me hanging like the other two did so......... Maybe I'll get another Toshiba. Maybe I'll go back to building a new PC.

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 08:34 AM
I'm not gonna waste anymore time with this. I shared the image with everyone that has a link. It works with every other forum I belong too. If I can't post images here, it's not that big of a deal. I just won't post images here.

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 08:24 AM
Edited by spopo57 on Fri 06/12/15 08:28 AM
I guess to answer one of the questions, all I can say is that it would be a waste of a time and energy if your beliefs were not true. A lot of the people on this planet believe in the same God. And still fight like cats and dogs.drinker So I guess I can say beliefs can be dangerous too.

Personally, I believe in God. I also believe that there is no soul. Once your gone your gone. Someday in the distant future, I believe God will wake me and everyone else to get what we all deserve. That being said I'm not deeply religious. I haven't even been to a church in years. I experience God in my own way. I don't push my beliefs on others.

Double post. Man this forum is giving me all kind of problems. Lot of it has to do with my laptop though. It's on it's last legs.

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 08:20 AM
I guess to answer one of the questions, all I can say is that it would be a waste of a time and energy if your beliefs were not true. A lot of the people on this planet believe in the same God. And still fight like cats and dogs.drinker So I guess I can say beliefs can be dangerous too.

Personally, I believe in God. I also believe that there is no soul. Once your gone your gone. Someday in the distant future, I believe God will wake me and everyone else to get what we all deserve.

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 07:41 AM
Pictures and bb code does not seem to work for my account. I also get redirected to the first page of a thread after editing. On the thread titled "where do you live" the first page always has a pop up asking for a username and password from another site. I've also noticed that the edit button has disappeared on a lot of my posts. Now for that beer. drinker

I should also mention I do not use Windows or Mac. I use SuseLinux 13.2 with the firefox browser.

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 07:21 AM
Edited by spopo57 on Fri 06/12/15 07:24 AM
I did that [ img] method. Also the / at the end. Been doing for years on other forums. I also tried the http without the s just now but it still doesn't work.

Also, the last 2 posts I tried here are now impossible to edit. No edit button. I need a beer.drinker

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 07:05 AM
Edited by spopo57 on Fri 06/12/15 07:10 AM
If you can edit my post, you will see the invisible bb code. It's done right but it doesn't work for me. What you see in my former post is wrapped in code /code

I tried the bb code thread. It doesn't work there either. Maybe you should move this to the bug reports forum.

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 06:50 AM
Edited by spopo57 on Fri 06/12/15 07:17 AM

Poconos

No idea on how to show that image here.

I couldn't edit this. No edit button. There is one on this one though. so..........

I live in the Poconos but I want to go back to Austrian Alps some day. That's where my ancestors are from.

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 06:30 AM
Edited by spopo57 on Fri 06/12/15 06:33 AM
It seems that I can't post images with bb code.

"
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4ES1RQ9xIwkYndLTGRJTmtJNDA&authuser=0
"
when I edit this I can see the bb code but while viewing the post it is invisible. And no image.

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 06:17 AM

nothing why?

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 05:26 AM
Edited by spopo57 on Fri 06/12/15 06:14 AM
Poconos

No idea on how to show that image here.

spopo57's photo
Fri 06/12/15 04:45 AM
Edited by spopo57 on Fri 06/12/15 04:49 AM

I just wish there were a way to print a date by each photo. Problem solved if people are truthful.

Every image taken with a digital camera has EXIF info embedded in the image file. This includes the date and time. With software, this can be printed on the image. With camera phones, this info is accurate. With regular cameras, it depends on the time and date being set, so..........

Previous 1