Community > Posts By > Classyjeff

Classyjeff's photo
Fri 01/25/08 07:09 PM
I got fed up of wasting time and gas to go visit a relic with ideas that don't work anymore. He had me cold calling companies trying to get a hold of not HR people but managers. Mangers got more on their hands than to be bothering getting calls from people looking for work. He stare at me like it was my fault that my family is poor and cant afford to ship me off to the big city to find a job.

Classyjeff's photo
Fri 01/25/08 06:12 PM
btw good luck with the jeopardy test amber

Classyjeff's photo
Fri 01/25/08 06:11 PM

In Connecticut we have a Bureau of Rehabiliation Services that helps people with disabilites find jobs. You don't have to be receiving disability. It is through the state. Do they have anything like that in Iowa?

yes they do.. the person they stuck me with was a relic whose only idea was that i should move away from home and put myself into debt to find a job.. my family doesn't have a security blanket. if i ended up getting let go (with this economy who knows whose job is safe), i would be in deep trouble. I tried to get another consuler but the person i talked to got defensive when i suggested that the other person was ill suited for the modern occupational world.

Classyjeff's photo
Fri 01/25/08 03:50 PM
iowa

Classyjeff's photo
Fri 01/25/08 02:15 PM
Edited by Classyjeff on Fri 01/25/08 02:19 PM

If you can do IT then you are intelligent. There are no options besides pumping gas?

Ive tried every office type of work but most wont give me a chance. if they have me do a written test cause i have disability in my hands. This job is walking distance and well expecnece anywhere is better than nothing. I went thru the local place for disabled people and their only advice was to go and move but the thing is i have no money or family that can afford to put me up

Classyjeff's photo
Fri 01/25/08 01:04 PM
it might sound wierd but this comes from a dream
of me laying at this dark beach
but it feels really peaceful

Classyjeff's photo
Fri 01/25/08 01:01 PM
I lay upon the dark beach.
asleep, to dream for evermore.
The dark water sprays my slumber.
resting.
dreaming of whats to come.
existence..Fate..God..hope..
Slowly my body sinks within the sand.
buried for ages
forgotten
the pain in my heart remains

Classyjeff's photo
Fri 01/25/08 12:54 PM
Right now i work at a gas station while im trying to find a IT job. it is hard cause one of the big companies near i live just dumped their IT staff (79) people..

Classyjeff's photo
Fri 01/25/08 10:46 AM
congrats karen

i went and got my check today. basically my boss told me i read into things more than a girl does and basically tried to tell me that im not as good of a employee than she expects me to be.. im so tired of this. i work extremely hard to try and get everything that i know i am expected to do done and its not good enough. i guess maybe i should be ratting out my co-workers to and wiping her bumm to while im at it.

im not necessarily mad at her its just.. i value the fact that i work really really hard for them and i give a shait about the place and i get shaited on in return.

Classyjeff's photo
Fri 01/25/08 02:46 AM
well the thing is i do that already
i do most the stuff that my the people who cook with me are sposed to do at night (stock alchol/soda/milk/juice).. it is more that i feel like theres nothing i can do that will make me feel totalyl safe.

plus i got word that one of the big computer places near where i live(one that ive applied to for several times) has droped 79 people all IT types. This scares me cause i dont know if i am going to find something better eventaully

Classyjeff's photo
Thu 01/24/08 01:19 PM
i wish spring was here..

my boss's boss was in today so it was acully make it look like you work day.. and the thing is cause of my heart surgery i kinda move at one speed. its not slow but its not rushing either. that and well i just always get the feeling like the ladies there want to get rid of me cause i will never really fit in. i only serve a purpose right now to them cause i can do my job decently.

the thing that sucks there is that i like working there, but i always feel like im fighting for my job or that im a outsider

Classyjeff's photo
Fri 01/18/08 07:42 AM
what do you think
id like to make some improvements

Classyjeff's photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:48 PM
have been..
but the winters been very junky and there isn't much for job openings latley

Classyjeff's photo
Sun 01/13/08 02:42 PM
i am going to if my boss brings it up... i already talked to the person i was working with at the time.. cause it looked bad on the camera..

there were no customers there and at the time my cook was out smoking.. im just really really frustrated with how my life is right now

Classyjeff's photo
Sun 01/13/08 01:13 PM
i cant affrod a shrink
and if i had the money id be getting new glasses insted cuase my old ones are shot
i just dont want to lose my job

Classyjeff's photo
Sun 01/13/08 10:50 AM
had a bad night l;ast night
was hitting my fist against a counter and crying on camera
i might get in toruble..
i didnt do this wiht any customers around but still
i feel like a fool
im just a very goodhearted guy who wants to have some friends and feel like i belong but the thing is i try so hard and it never works out for me.

pray tht maybe i wont get i to much trouble

Classyjeff's photo
Tue 01/08/08 03:32 PM
i got the song at the end of the game stuck in my head

Classyjeff's photo
Mon 01/07/08 10:03 PM
just thought id say hi

kinda lonely and depressed about my job/money situation. i know this isnt a religion thread but im tired of praying and feeling like im left out.. like he doesn't want to hear my problems anymore. I am not asking him to give me a wife or to make my bills disappear i just want him to point me in the right direction and it feels like im praying onto deaf ears.

Classyjeff's photo
Thu 01/03/08 08:58 PM
with both colbert and norris on his side. Maybe Huckabee is running for new emperor of earth

Classyjeff's photo
Thu 01/03/08 06:57 PM
The Colbert Bump has turned Huckabee into a monster..

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 22 23