Community > Posts By > rainbowjourney

rainbowjourney's photo
Sun 08/16/15 12:38 AM
Seeking Honest LADY! Well finding honest men seems to be a problem for me. I am almost 75 - have a birthday this month. Widowed twice and have been alone for 8 yrs now...and that has always been my requirement in a man - honesty. I just do not go out and make myself available - hate going to a restuarant alone. 17 yrs with one husband & 8 yrs with the other one...there was a husband of 10 yrs, but I do not count him - he didn't know the meaning of the most important element of a marriage - fidelity...I divorced him after 10 yrs of keeping silent.

My sister was the one who suggested I go to a dating site - so here I am but, there has been only one reply - he needs an attitude adjustment.

5'7" and 122 lbs and I am still able bodied & sound of mind...not looking for marriage at this time - just a very good male friend I can share things with & do things with...going to the beach alone is the loneliest thing I have tired...besides going out to eat or to a festival.

I end up not staying long and not enjoying my outing. Gossipy women whose only interest is playing card & crafts - forget hit!

Sitting in a noisy bar drinking - forget hit.

Love my oldies (Nat King Cole). Goldies & country & instrumentals - such as Kenny G. - Some classical, but no opera. I have a huge collection of LP's and now my turntable does not work - it held 5 at a time...the single plays are annoying.

Things I want to do before I die....ride on a motorcycle (3 wheeler)& jump out of a plane or parasail. Like road trips - but, not alone.

I have lived in Co, Va, Al, Ky, Ga and now Fl...our work moved us around a lot...but been in one location now for 15yrs.

My problem is that I so damn honest it is difficult for me to lie, but I do the little white lies - so as not to offend someone.

My life has been interesting enough that it is not necessary to lie to make conversation. But, I want new adventures and new stories to tell - and seems like I have been in a funk for the last 8 yrs and not moving on with my life....just forgot how to meet people - there seem to be no place other than the senior center and that is boring.

rainbowjourney's photo
Sat 08/15/15 11:18 PM
:smile: Some people just cannot handle honesty. They do not truely look at themselves. I am a simple woman, but complicated due to somethings I have been working on for the last 17 yrs...and in my almost 75 yrs have had 2 wonderful husbands.....it gets lonely outliving your loved one. I frankly do not know how to meet men or women - my life always revolved around my husbands. So what does an OLD gal to meet a gentleman friend...bars & churches - forget those.
I tried both and felt very awkward.