Community > Posts By > tribefan73

tribefan73's photo
Tue 08/18/09 10:18 PM

A Catholic priest once told me that Jesus does not love me, but he thinks I have a nice personality

TB, that's just awful. Apparently he has forgotten that his heavenly Boss is a Jew. Shame on him. What he should have told you was that Jesus died for all & that He loves you & wants you to come home. That He was the true One sent of God and that He desires that Abraham's descendants should be welcome at the table with Him.

tribefan73's photo
Tue 08/18/09 09:52 PM

Mormons believe that being black was a curse from God for sin... and all those who are black are living the sins of the fathers. What a terrible thing to teach your children..or anyone.. brokenheart

Yeah, the LDS people have a number of issues & excluding blacks is just 1 of them. They actually started inviting blacks into their fold in the '60's I believe.

You don't receive invites to LDS family weddings because the ceremonies are held in secret. 1 of the more interesting portions of the ceremony occurs when the groom provides his wife with her "secret" name. This will be a name that only the groom knows, because at the end times when the "saints" are being called into heaven, if the wife has served him well or he deems her worthy, he will call her by her "secret" name so she can enter heaven with him. If not, well.... No wonder LDS couples seem to get along so well.

tribefan73's photo
Tue 08/18/09 09:37 PM

Death Note, Code Geass, Bleach

I can watch Family Guy over and over.

Gundam gets better every series, but that's on SyFy on Monday nights.

Monier! Some time has passed since we last exchanged chats. Gundam fan here as well.

Some of the other shows mentioned previously can sometimes be found on Boomerang.

tribefan73's photo
Tue 08/18/09 09:32 PM

don henly - heart of the matter

1 of my favorites by him.

tribefan73's photo
Tue 08/18/09 09:31 PM
Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjNAeELQ_Z8

tribefan73's photo
Tue 08/18/09 09:02 PM

anyone from columbus wanna chat????

Good luck with that thought. It's tough enough to get participation on a state level thread, let alone find anyone in c-bus that wants to chat. I think it's a matter of numbers. What I mean is the percentage of minglers who actually will participate in the threads is small. If you cruise the forums for any length of time, you'll generally see the same people hanging around. I think most think the "mutual matches" silliness actually works & don't feel the need to dialog with others. It's a shame really because the threads are quite entertaining.

I have attempted to start a couple of c-bus threads & they all died.

If you post I'll respond.
For the most part, people are rather rude in columbus. i spent two summers with my aunt down there. i dont think half of them could spell computer let alone know what one is and 805 of them cant drive a car for beans down there, verry rude driving skills. when im on my motorcycle, i drive around columbus in fear of getting hit by someone down there, hardly any of them pay attention.

I agree with the driving assessment. I was born & raised here & it's embarrassing to admit that in light of the way people drive here. Like when it's raining & especially when it's snowing. It's just awful.

As far as the rudeness issue, I can't really speak to that. I'm not rude but have run into that, only to find they aren't originally from here. Keep in mind though that it's becoming more & more rare to find someone who lives here, who was actually born here. There is a high number of transplants here due to the state offices, OSU, federal offices & the number of business home offices being located here.

tribefan73's photo
Tue 08/18/09 08:53 PM

"Desert Walk" - Deep Forest (where DOES some of this stuff in my iTunes library come from???)

You, have awesome taste in music. Eric Johnson & STP amongst others. hats off to you. :thumbsup: waving :thumbsup:

Btw, The Cars - "Let's Go".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpA3NVafsdo

Thank you...eclectic for sure, but lots of fun in any mood or genre!

"Don't Stop Me Now" - Queen

Saw Queen twice. They were a kick in concert. In the middle of the show the band members, save for Brian May the lead guitarist, and would proceed to play a 15-20 minute solo. Just awesome stuff.

tribefan73's photo
Tue 08/18/09 08:48 PM
Robot Chicken, especially the Star Wars spins. What funny stuff. I love the drive-by format. The 1 liners are killers. Nothing says comedy like Santa pulling up next to 3 hookers saying "Ho, Ho, Ho."

Boondocks. Love the Venture Brothers. Interesting spin on the old Johnny Quest series. How can you not like Brock Samson? lol

The anime is what initially drew me in. Bebop, Inuyasha, Bleach. I personally think the anime rocks.

Squidbillies is too painful to watch. Too close to relatives on the ex'es side. Tim & Eric is so stupid, I couldn't subject myself to watching it. Make that ditto for the mayor one as well.

tribefan73's photo
Tue 08/18/09 08:30 PM

plan 9 from outer space

Bela Lugosi's last movie.

tribefan73's photo
Tue 08/18/09 08:27 PM

"Desert Walk" - Deep Forest (where DOES some of this stuff in my iTunes library come from???)

You, have awesome taste in music. Eric Johnson & STP amongst others. hats off to you. :thumbsup: waving :thumbsup:

Btw, The Cars - "Let's Go".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpA3NVafsdo

tribefan73's photo
Tue 08/18/09 08:23 PM
Benjamin Orr of The Cars. he was the bassist & shared vocals with Ric Ocasek. Here's a link with Mr. Orr singing "Just I What I Needed".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDPdfwrNzb8

tribefan73's photo
Tue 08/18/09 08:07 PM
Rush - Distant Early Warning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC0u9MdHA98

tribefan73's photo
Tue 08/18/09 08:05 PM

I went DOWN DOWN DOWN
and the flames went HIGHER
and it BURNS BURNS BURNS
that ring of fire

that ring of fire

I was fortunate yrs ago to actually see him do this song in concert. he was a tough act to follow.

tribefan73's photo
Mon 08/17/09 09:56 PM

:smile: The "antichrist" was the Divine Emperors of the pagan Roman Empire.:smile:

:smile: All of the biblical prophecies were fullfilled about 2 thousand years ago:smile:

flowerforyou Jesus said himselfflowerforyou

"Verily, I say unto you, This generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled" Matthew 24:34

Did you read the rest of the chapter or just the one verse. He is describing the end times. The way i read it all the things he is describing will take place in one generation. In other words once it starts that generation will not pass away. Does anyone else think this?

The question posed to Jesus by the disciples, in Matthew 24, was actually in 2 parts & so was his answer. Jesus was referring both to the destruction of Jerusalem at the hands of the Romans in 70A.D. & also what we refer to as the end times. So that generation did not pass away before the fall of Jerusalem & experienced many of the horrors described by Jesus. Of course as with many biblical texts, there are many parallels between Jerusalem's destruction & the end times that can be applied to either & I think the destruction of Jerusalem is symbolic or precursor of the destruction yet to come.

tribefan73's photo
Mon 08/17/09 09:38 PM

how come, instead of seeing a conversation on the antichrist, non believers come here to bash the religion and that's all I see?

Because this thread was originally posted in the wrong forum.

However, there should be no debating here in the Christian forum.

Agreed. The thread originator should have considered his statements were "preaching to the choir", so to speak.

tribefan73's photo
Mon 08/17/09 09:31 PM
Here's another by the same guy on youtube.

"Kill Rock & Roll" by System of a Down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLcmU0DvB1E&feature=channel_page

tribefan73's photo
Mon 08/17/09 09:29 PM
I stumbled across this vid on youtube & just busted a gut. It's System of a Down's "Chop Suey" done in legos. The guy who did this is jakekk.

Enjoy!! Feel free to add others, please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND1OxDoNL8I

tribefan73's photo
Mon 08/17/09 09:08 PM
ZZ Top - Got me Under Pressure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHRHc5HmFHg

tribefan73's photo
Mon 08/17/09 09:06 PM

anyone from columbus wanna chat????

Good luck with that thought. It's tough enough to get participation on a state level thread, let alone find anyone in c-bus that wants to chat. I think it's a matter of numbers. What I mean is the percentage of minglers who actually will participate in the threads is small. If you cruise the forums for any length of time, you'll generally see the same people hanging around. I think most think the "mutual matches" silliness actually works & don't feel the need to dialog with others. It's a shame really because the threads are quite entertaining.

I have attempted to start a couple of c-bus threads & they all died.

If you post I'll respond.

tribefan73's photo
Mon 08/17/09 08:38 PM

David Byron. Former lead singer for Uriah Heep. This group had amazing vocal harmony for a rock band. Here's a link to a performance. This song is from their "Demons & Wizards" album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0iuaxvkXv4

Thanks for the link

Havnt heard thm since high school!!!

Wow! Someone else who knows who these guys were. I tend to forget that I'm 1 of the older folks prowling these threads & make references that probably make some scratch their collective heads.

And thanks to Cypoet's coaching I am able to post active links. Wish I could go back to correct some earlier posts.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25