Community > Posts By > tribefan73

tribefan73's photo
Thu 06/03/10 10:30 PM
Someone earlier mentioned speed metal, but I have seen this band in this thread, DragonForce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfPeHqdZZOw

Sorry about the commercial intro.

Someone mentioned Queensryche, big fan here.

tribefan73's photo
Thu 06/03/10 10:03 PM

I guess I don't cause I've never heard of those bands...

Hard core rock for me was more like...Zeppelin, Uriah Heep and Black Sabbath.

Uriah Heep!!!!!!!!! shades :thumbsup:

tribefan73's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:32 PM
Edited by tribefan73 on Tue 06/01/10 09:37 PM

If really want to know follow the link/Copy paste

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10OssDeDrfM

FYI. If you write [u.r.l.] before the link (Remove the periods. I have to place them there so that you will actually see what it is that I'm telling you to write) And then [/u.r.l.] (again, remove the periods) after the link, it makes it a "live" link. That way folks don't have to copy & paste.

I do have a question though. Seeing how this is a Christian Singles section, what is the point of the post? I'm thinking a more intriguing question would be pre- or post-tribulation rapture? That will stimulate some conversation.

tf73

tribefan73's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:22 PM
Edited by tribefan73 on Tue 06/01/10 09:23 PM

Well, you know it can become stale. As they say in the farming community, the shine is off the pumpkin. Unfortunately with most online sites the same people haunt the pages of a particular site & after awhile you start running out things to say or in a different way, etc.

As I see it, the biggest problem with mingle is that the most interesting or attractive people are miles away, i.e. delilady. Now here is an attractive & interesting person who lives next door, in Pennsylvania, but is miles away from here in Columbus. LDR's just don't work for most. So, if you're serious about meeting someone for companionship, you're going to be looking elsewhere. Mingle is a usually a kick, but even in the last few months, I've noticed the lack of responses to postings save for a few threads. It wasn't that long ago that you could see postings happening at a fairly rapid pace. Not now. :cry:

It isn't hard to understand what is happening..Winter is over, everyone has Spring Fever, looking forward to Summer...they are getting out and doing things. The days are longer and more time is spent away from the cyber world...Life is as it should be!flowerforyou

Oh wise & wonderful Texas lady. You speak much truth. The scales have been lifted from my eyes. Thank-you flowerforyou

Do I sense a little 'tongue in cheek' here?laugh

Absolutely not. I was attempting to come across as a seeker of truth & you provided the adjustment to my point of view, that's all. BTW, I dig the hat.

tf73

tribefan73's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccY25Cb3im0

^^^This one is also good.smokin

love agreed!!! I like slow ride by foghat too....

Much agreed!!! :thumbsup:

tribefan73's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:16 PM

so good it posted twice laugh

Ah yes, the old dp. Double posting that is.

tribefan73's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:16 PM

Lovin' You - Minnie Riperton

Lovin' you is easy cause you're beautiful
Makin' love with you is all i wanna do
Lovin' you is more than just a dream come true
And everything that i do is out of lovin' you
La la la la la la la... do do do do do

No one else can make me feel
The colors that you bring
Stay with me while we grow old

And we will live each day in springtime
Cause lovin' you has made my life so beautiful
And every day my life is filled with lovin' you

Lovin' you i see your soul come shinin' through
And every time that we oooooh
I'm more in love with you
La la la la la la la... do do do do do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE0pwJ5PMDg

Like it.

tribefan73's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:15 PM

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXdNnw99-Ic

I'm sorry, what? what

tribefan73's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:12 PM

Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan - Tell Me Something Good

Like that one. :thumbsup:

tribefan73's photo
Mon 05/31/10 09:31 PM

I'd have to submit this one also by Steve Vai

"Tender Surrender"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw74sDWPH7U

Thanks for sharing that 1. Awesome song! :thumbsup: shades

tribefan73's photo
Mon 05/31/10 08:55 PM
I can't believe this hasn't been talked about before, but I haven't seen it here if it has. My 1st nomination is Riviera Paradise by Stevie Ray & Double Trouble. Imagine making love to this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljVVFKjN0Dc

Anyone else care to share?

tribefan73's photo
Mon 05/31/10 08:12 PM

Well, you know it can become stale. As they say in the farming community, the shine is off the pumpkin. Unfortunately with most online sites the same people haunt the pages of a particular site & after awhile you start running out things to say or in a different way, etc.

As I see it, the biggest problem with mingle is that the most interesting or attractive people are miles away, i.e. delilady. Now here is an attractive & interesting person who lives next door, in Pennsylvania, but is miles away from here in Columbus. LDR's just don't work for most. So, if you're serious about meeting someone for companionship, you're going to be looking elsewhere. Mingle is a usually a kick, but even in the last few months, I've noticed the lack of responses to postings save for a few threads. It wasn't that long ago that you could see postings happening at a fairly rapid pace. Not now. :cry:

It isn't hard to understand what is happening..Winter is over, everyone has Spring Fever, looking forward to Summer...they are getting out and doing things. The days are longer and more time is spent away from the cyber world...Life is as it should be!flowerforyou

Oh wise & wonderful Texas lady. You speak much truth. The scales have been lifted from my eyes. Thank-you flowerforyou

tribefan73's photo
Mon 05/31/10 08:08 PM
Edited by tribefan73 on Mon 05/31/10 08:12 PM

Thanks for the compliment!flowerforyou What you say is true but I do enjoy being here with the friends I've made.

You are most welcome... to visit Columbus anytime. :tongue: flowerforyou

tribefan73's photo
Mon 05/31/10 07:10 PM
This 1 is so obviously under our collective noses, that we've missed until now. Van Halen covering The Kinks "You Really Got Me".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fAd7MoT9c8

tribefan73's photo
Sun 05/30/10 10:12 PM
Massage:

There are many things we take as fact based solely on the words of others. Were you there when the Magna Carter was crafted, the Declaration of Independence was crafted & signed, when Christopher Columbus landed in the Caribbean, when Edison or Bell created they're respective inventions? Yes, we have documents & such but how do you really know who was responsible? Whether the airliner you're flying in was properly serviced, inspected, fueled & the baggage doors properly secured before take-off? No? Well, you took someone else's word for it.

As for the comment that you "know" of those who purposely died for a lie, I would like to see an example. No rational person would do such a thing.

The unfortunate problem is that so many point to the Roman Catholic church as the example of most what most think about how all Christian churches & their members act. Many have been severely damaged by the misguided teachings & beliefs of the Roman Catholic church. I'm not pointing my finger at the members, I'm calling out the leadership, the organization. George Carlin & Phil Marr are just 2 of the many examples of those raised in the Roman Catholic church, that had such bad experiences, that they became some of it's most vehemently vocal opponents. It's such hot button issue that few are willing to address it.

As for reaching out to God for my salvation out of fear for my soul? I did so because of His son's love & sacrifice for me. The word "fear" as used in the bible has often misunderstood & misapplied. A more proper word would be respect or awe. The real fear comes into play when someone is faced with their own ending & realizes they nothing to fall back on. Who's going to be there to catch them when they transition into the next life? My fear is for your soul & I wonder just who or what caused the damage in your life?

Knowing that you don't want to hear this, I will be praying for you. As long as you have breath in your body, there's still hope that you would have a close encounter of the God kind. It's happened before to others who felt more strongly than you.

tribefan73's photo
Sun 05/30/10 09:31 PM

tribefan73's photo
Sun 05/30/10 09:03 PM
Edited by tribefan73 on Sun 05/30/10 09:14 PM

I guess you missed the part in the book of Acts where, Jesus 1st struck Paul blind & then personally addressed him by his former name, Saul & then called him to be the 1 to take the message of the gospel to the gentiles.

... or so Paul says.

Ignorance runs rampant on the web. The author of the book of Acts was the Physician & 1 of the original 12 disciples of Christ, Luke, NOT Paul. Again, let's not the facts muddy the waters of pop opinion.

So now you are claiming that Luke personally witnessed Jesus striking Paul blind - and participated in Paul's hallucination?

There were others traveling with Saul at the time who witnessed what happened. The New Testament writers often had a scribe traveling with them & they would exchange information with the other scribes & disciples. The fact that after Saul's conversion to Paul & the many trials & tribulations that he was willing to bear, speaks volumes about what he believed, spoke & wrote. A charlatan or liar would not be willing lay down his or her life for a lie, as Paul did. No one was coercing him to make the sacrifices he made. He had truly had a close encounter of the God kind. He endured shipwrecks, beatings, rejection by his own people, starvation, imprisonment & the like, all for the cause of Christ. The bottom line is you either believe or you don't, it's that simple. As I said in my 1st posting by nature the gospel & God's ways are offensive. My question to all of the doubters on this thread is, are you willing to bet your eternal souls that I'm wrong?

Lastly, when playing a pick-up game of basketball or any other game or sport don't you usually set some basic ground rules for play? What many don't want to come to terms with is God, the chief architect, did the same thing when created the heavens & the earth. It's His game, we're in His home court & they're His rules. Just because you don't like them or refuse to believe in them, doesn't lessen your responsibility for consequences.

tf73

tribefan73's photo
Sun 05/30/10 04:25 PM

I guess you missed the part in the book of Acts where, Jesus 1st struck Paul blind & then personally addressed him by his former name, Saul & then called him to be the 1 to take the message of the gospel to the gentiles.

... or so Paul says.

Ignorance runs rampant on the web. The author of the book of Acts was the Physician & 1 of the original 12 disciples of Christ, Luke, NOT Paul. Again, let's not the facts muddy the waters of pop opinion.

tribefan73's photo
Sun 05/30/10 04:21 PM
Pat Travers covering Sugarloaf's "Green Eyed Lady". Sorry, I'm unable to locate a track online at this moment. I'll have to dig 1 up. It's a great cover of a 1 hit wonder.

tribefan73's photo
Sat 05/29/10 10:11 PM
Hey Plastic, whenever I need a good laugh I like to view the following vids on youtube. They're System of a Down songs done with Legos figures. They're both hilarious & amazing. The guy is talented & patient. You'll see what I mean, enjoy.

Chop Suey- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND1OxDoNL8I

Sugar- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR4mTqq80I8

Kill Rock & Roll- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLcmU0DvB1E

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25