Community > Posts By > EsotericLady

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 06:03 PM

Not to be a hairsplitter, but I want to point out that you have your categories mixed, mostly you are look at Hebophiles.

No, I believe I meant the category I typed. Thanks anyway for trying to assess what i meant to say though.

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 06:00 PM

is that how u spell paedophile over there?

Yes, it is.

Thanks for your contribution to the topic.

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 05:58 PM
Edited by EsotericLady on Wed 06/10/09 06:08 PM

Seems as if you're taking a pretty far stretch on this. Still yeah there is some danger involved as is evidenced only by the very rare occasion where some cultist drives people to very harmful actions. But those cases are very rare. Generally speaking anyone making such a claim unless they match what's currently accepted by whatever faith it is they hold is ridiculed and discounted as a crank.

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil — that takes religion." ~ Steven Weinberg, Nobel Prize-winning American Physicist

I would sit here and list all the atrocities and crimes committed allegedly in the name of God throughout history and to this very day ... but I don't have a full day of my life to spare. Perhaps you could do the research yourself. If after doing so, you still think the odd genocide, religious war or religiously-motivated terrorist attack is "very rare"... you have every right to live in delusion. I shan't try to stop you flowerforyou Good day flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 06/10/09 12:27 AM
Edited by EsotericLady on Wed 06/10/09 12:28 AM
Let me explain for those having difficulty understanding...

This was a post about how divine authority can be claimed by anyone, any institution or any society. Anyone from the pedophile to the loving parent, the cult to the church, the Europeans to the Aztecs. The method by which people organize these claims of divine authority is by way of religion.

Religion by loose definition is a set of rules about what God does and does not want. I was wondering whether the inverse would not be better - teaching children to think critically and be distrusting of anyone or anything who claims divine authority, as this would be an absolute power that no human being, institution or society has the right to possess, and cannot ever be disproved or verified. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, some have said.

It doesn't matter if that power is wielded by the bad intentioned or the good intentioned. Just as there were bad Kings and there were good Kings, however, some countries still saw fit to do away with monarchical rule. The principle in and of itself, that anyone can claim knowing what God wants or doesn't want is dangerous.

no photo
Tue 06/09/09 05:04 PM
laugh

I'd love to stick around and explain how meeting people and sucking up to cliques by censoring yourself are two different things completely. But I'm on the phone right now. So I will catch you guys later bigsmile

no photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:56 PM
Edited by EsotericLady on Tue 06/09/09 04:56 PM

Whatever you say whoa

Most new people jump right in and try to get to know people. You've ended up trying and succeeding to annoy people. laugh

I've never been one to mindlessly follow the crowd, censor my mind, and fear stepping on toes.
If my posts annoy you guys so be it bigsmile

High school pack mentality amuses me, especially in grown adults.

no photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:49 PM
Whatever you say whoa

no photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:43 PM
I'm actually not a troll. You guys are who took my post the wrong way. If you really think about it you'll realize my original comment bore no animosity. It's my audacity which seems to offend.

Either that or you guys really are insecure about the amount of time spent on mingle2 ohwell

no photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:39 PM

Wow. This is what passes for entertaining? No wonder you guys spend so much time here bigsmile

Why are you so unhappy here already? If you think everyone should get off the computer and go out and meet someone, why are you here?

I didn't say you guys should leave. I just put forward a point of view/suggestion. Nor did I say I'm unhappy here. I believe I mentioned i find this juvenile "attack the insolent newbie" atmosphere fascinating.

no photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:29 PM

I noticed that some of you, if you were to do the math, post on average more than 100 times a day.
Wouldn't it be a bit more productive to actually get off the computer once in while in order to find someone?

wow! WOW!! you had the time to actually sit down and calculate the numbers of posts for a few different people, and even more time to create a thread about it?

don't you have anything more productive to do?

How original whoa

I think i addressed this concern already.

no photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:27 PM
Edited by EsotericLady on Tue 06/09/09 04:28 PM

Are you still here? noway

Moving in and out. bigsmile I apologise if my presence displeases you and your friends.

Actually, no I do not ohwell

no photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:18 PM
Wow. This is what passes for entertaining? No wonder you guys spend so much time here bigsmile

no photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:15 PM
Like a middle school clique attacking the unpopular newbie for not showing the appropriate amount of reverence to the establisment.
How fascinating.

no photo
Tue 06/09/09 03:40 PM

Wouldn't it be a bit more productive to get off the computer instead of sitting around doing the math to see how often people in this forum post per day.

It's one thing to spend all of 5 minutes doing unproductive simple math for the sake of my inquisitive mind... It's another to spend complete days, every day, posting on here.

I'm not sure why it bothers you so much. if this is how people want to use their time...that's their choice. if you decide not to....then that is your choice

just saying

Doesn't bother me in the least. I was just making an observation and providing a suggestion. It's you guys who seem to be bothered. Did i strike a nerve? Sensitive point for some? huh

no photo
Tue 06/09/09 03:37 PM
Edited by EsotericLady on Tue 06/09/09 03:37 PM

Wouldn't it be a bit more productive to get off the computer instead of sitting around doing the math to see how often people in this forum post per day.

It's one thing to spend all of 5 minutes doing unproductive simple math for the sake of my inquisitive mind... It's another to spend complete days, every day, posting on here.

no photo
Tue 06/09/09 03:30 PM
I noticed that some of you, if you were to do the math, post on average more than 100 times a day.
Wouldn't it be a bit more productive to actually get off the computer once in while in order to find someone?

no photo
Tue 06/09/09 02:51 PM

talk trash about overweight or just big people when the overweight or just big person is trying to change,i say jeolousy mostly

Jealousy over what exactly? huh

no photo
Tue 06/09/09 02:46 PM
Edited by EsotericLady on Tue 06/09/09 03:12 PM
Wouldn't it be better to teach your kids to think independently, critically and skeptically of anyone who claims to know what God wants or does not want them to do?

Is that any different from being an adult and having human beings and human societal constructs, as flawed as they inevitably are, claiming to know what God wants and doesn't want you to do?

Especially when they stipulate that the belief in their claims, without requiring any evidence is a virtue.

no photo
Sat 06/06/09 09:00 PM
What are your fav reality shows?

no photo
Sun 05/31/09 03:01 AM
I got an email today, out of the blue, from an ex who wasn't exactly the nicest person in the world to know. In this email, he finally got around to apologizing in response to an email i had sent him in tears about a year ago venting how he had been hurting me and the fact that i was officially done. He also mentioned that he heard about my current boyfriend and the fact that i am now in love, and that he wished me all the best.

1. What do you make of that?

2. How would you respond to a random apology email from an ex of yours?