Community > Posts By > 2bhappy4ever

2bhappy4ever's photo
Wed 08/19/15 09:15 PM
Being an intern on Scrubs might be fun.

2bhappy4ever's photo
Wed 08/19/15 09:15 PM

How about "Cheers"? All that drinking and just hanging out in a bar.

Oh I could be NORM!

2bhappy4ever's photo
Wed 08/19/15 12:10 PM

Another tip with teenagers
Be open to hear what they say even when you don't want to hear it because they are testing to see what your reaction is
My kids adults now tell me pretty much most things.
We have great discussions and that helps with a healthy relationship with all of us.
Don't talk at them, talk with them and help them walk through life in good and bad. I refused to say I told you so because they shut off from you.

2bhappy4ever...I don't know if your dealing with teens yet, but what Annie said is 100% on the right track. My 2 children are adults now as well.

YOU GOT THIS :smile: flowerforyou

Thank you. Yes a 16 year old daughter and a 22 year old boy who is emotionally less mature than the girl...ugh.

2bhappy4ever's photo
Wed 08/19/15 12:06 PM
Just saw a Tony Robbins video. Oddly enough it made me feel better. He said if you are obsessing over something bad in your head just change the channel. You wouldn't stay at home and watch the same bad program over and over again so why do you let your mind do it. So change the channel. It was stupid and simple but it worked for me today.

TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY!

2bhappy4ever's photo
Wed 08/19/15 12:03 PM
I look forward to making friends, companions, and....well I don't know. Lets start from there!

What I don't need from here are the 5 to 10 emails, pokes, nudges I get a day from girls half my age, who can't spell, and oddly enough want my phone and email....frustrated

2bhappy4ever's photo
Tue 08/18/15 10:53 PM

Sounds like you have got it sort Dad
Well done you are doing a great job
Tip
1 washing machines have filters too that need cleaning f
2 shower drain will need to be cleaned because of hair. That can slow down drainage

Well I know about the drain. Dang it's like pulling a wet mouse out every few weeks.

Washing Machine Filter? Uh Oh!

Yes it a little netted bag that collects linkand crap needs emptying
Either in the middle or on the side

Another tip with teenagers
Be open to hear what they say even when you don't want to hear it because they are testing to see what your reaction is
My kids adults now tell me pretty much most things.
We have great discussions and that helps with a healthy relationship with all of us.
Don't talk at them, talk with them and help them walk through life in good and bad. I refused to say I told you so because they shut off from you.

Cool, Thank you!

2bhappy4ever's photo
Tue 08/18/15 10:27 PM

Will it be loved and cared?
Will they be shocked and scared?
What future holds for this unaware?
What fate and destiny will it bear?

We all are stardust, you and I,
Made to believe we could fly.
But time has passed and passes by,
And all we do is try and try... And try...

We hope our dreams, and make believe,
Our fantasies and realities can be achieved.
We toil, we sweat, we love, we laugh,
We think, we feel, we do, enough!

To what end our vanities pursue?
Searching...Another cycle, until we do...

I don't know why but when I read this I thought of Gene Wilder in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate factory. Im weird I guess.

Which direction we are going.
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing.
Is it raining?
Is it snowing?
Is a hurricane a blowing?

Not a speck of light is showing
so the danger must be growing.
Are the fires of hell a glowing?
Is the grisly reaper mowing?
Yes! The danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing.
And they're certainly not showing
any signs that they are slowing!

2bhappy4ever's photo
Tue 08/18/15 09:59 PM
Well, everyone struggles and for different reasons. You might find that an obese doctor has some insight.

2bhappy4ever's photo
Tue 08/18/15 09:52 PM
Edited by 2bhappy4ever on Tue 08/18/15 09:53 PM

Sounds like you have got it sort Dad
Well done you are doing a great job
Tip
1 washing machines have filters too that need cleaning
2 shower drain will need to be cleaned because of hair. That can slow down drainage

Well I know about the drain. Dang it's like pulling a wet mouse out every few weeks.

Washing Machine Filter? Uh Oh!

2bhappy4ever's photo
Tue 08/18/15 09:48 PM
Very cool. Nice to meet you.

2bhappy4ever's photo
Tue 08/18/15 09:45 PM
Edited by 2bhappy4ever on Tue 08/18/15 09:46 PM
My moms recipe,

beef or pork ribs. Put in metal pan with sliced onions and seasoning. Put in oven at 200 degrees and cook for and hour or hour and half. Remove and take to grill. Finish their with your favorite BBQ Sauce.

Oh while in oven cover with foil!

2bhappy4ever's photo
Tue 08/18/15 09:41 PM
Three Meatballs before I went to the gym

2bhappy4ever's photo
Tue 08/18/15 09:39 PM
So the past year has been a learning experience for me. Things I learned.

1. Dryers have lint traps. Apparently you need to clean them.
2. Don't mix reds and whites.
3. Read the tags. I ruined a few sweaters by not doing this.
4. Be frugal. Freeze leftovers and re-heat!
5. Don't assume that feminine products are all the same. Make sure you are getting exactly what they want.
6. This goes for hair products too.
7. Teaching your 16 year old daughter to drive is the scariest thing in life!
8. Boys don't always share their emotions but they can hurt too.
9. Knock before entering.
10. Don't let your kids feed the dog ice cream. GOD THAT WAS A MESS
11. Learn to forgive and love.
12. Kids need more that fast food. I was already the cook in the family but it took awhile to get my game back.
13. When your daughter tells you she baked a cake for you inspect everything! Oh look the oven was left on all day!
14. If you cant be strong for yourself be strong for them.
15. LOVE THEM and TELL them everyday.

Im sure there is more. Do any fathers want to add?

2bhappy4ever's photo
Tue 08/18/15 09:30 PM

I think single dad's are hardworking, they didn't put in much effort in their relationship with their ex wife, lonely, second hand, not as young, wiser, insensitive to emotions, immune to crap. But he's a good man if he takes care of his kids.

Maybe I didn't want a relationship with a woman who decided to throw her life away on drugs instead of helping me raise the kids???:angry: grumble

Same here! I was left with two kids a mortgage and bills. I learned to be the parent that didn't leave. It was a funny stressful year. I learned an grew. As for effort in my marriage I beg to differ.

2bhappy4ever's photo
Tue 08/18/15 09:22 PM

Happiness is waking up each day, knowning fully well, who you are and loving yourself for every bit of the person you believe you are.

Nicely said

2bhappy4ever's photo
Tue 08/18/15 09:22 PM

Happiness is my kids, family, and friends who if I didn't have life would not be worth living.

2bhappy4ever's photo
Tue 08/18/15 09:18 PM
Well I usually never turn down a friend. I will take as many as I get and cherish them. Sometimes though our heart longs to be MORE than a friend. In that case the individual needs to make a choice what is more important. For me it would just depend....

2bhappy4ever's photo
Tue 08/18/15 09:09 PM
Hey, thanks for the kind reply. I really appreciated it. Cheers.

2bhappy4ever's photo
Tue 08/18/15 07:04 PM
Hello Chloe, Alas I do not live near Calgary but I visited and thought it was very pretty. Welcome.

2bhappy4ever's photo
Tue 08/18/15 07:02 PM
Hello, This is my first time on a dating website ever. 10 Months ago my wife left me and two kids and we really haven't heard from her since. I think she is in Idaho. Got a lawyer and filed the papers but it is lonely and I just want to meet some people while I get through this.

1 3 Next