Community > Posts By > Tony ET

Tony ET's photo
Mon 05/20/19 09:12 AM
Hello Maraya! Welcome, and Greetings from India!

Tony ET's photo
Fri 04/12/19 06:10 AM
I also frequent used/old bookshops! The prices of new books are exorbitant. In my town, there are some used book vendors who open shop on the pavements at evening. One can get some really cheap books (especially if they are not in demand!). Its tough to browse through all the books, as they would all be piled in high stacks! I have bought hundreds of old Readers Digest Magazines (the very old ones!) too. Of late, I have moved to Kindle :( I dont have the money to pay for all the books I devour!

Tony ET's photo
Wed 10/03/18 12:54 AM
I would first make an assumption, that, there would be a world after 50 years, in the first place!
I hold a pretty gloomy view, as opposed to yours!
Average life expectancy is likely to come down. Mainly due to the inability of humans to keep up with superbugs, new diseases and plagues, and war.
Inventions- Machines to filter water contaminated with chemical toxins, and to purify air contaminated with poisonous fumes.
With the advent of AI, humans will resort to the Ideas and suggestions provided by the computers, and will end up as their slaves! (Not slave in the common usage of the word, but that they will obey the suggestions provided by AI, without analysing facts for themselves. The cognitive ability will be so much dependent on AI, that if it says 2+2=5, humans will believe it)

Tony ET's photo
Wed 11/01/17 01:18 AM
Yes! I am :)