Community > Posts By > Omega_Supreme

no photo
Sun 11/01/15 10:54 AM
I'm reading a fantastic book on this subject: "The Closing of the American Mind". The premise is that Americans (and people all over the Western world) have been taught to value tolerance to the exclusion of all other virtues. The end result is that people are more likely to choose the wrong side in a fight, just because they are the underdog and we should be tolerant of them.

I'm a Zionist and completely support the state of Israel. If the Palestinians wanted peace, they'd have it. If they wanted prosperity, it's there to be had.

no photo
Sat 10/31/15 10:29 PM

Yes, I understand it is meant to complement the Torah.

It does seem like a general guideline relative to the time-period though.

After all... It actually mentions names of people who are long since deceased.

I don't understand your point.

no photo
Sat 10/31/15 10:16 PM
SheikOfLaBroquerie wrote
Thank You... This isn't a scriptural quote, but it is some kind of secular prerequisites called the Tractate Sanhedrin.

I really don't know what this document is about or if it's actually something from Babylon.

It appears to have been something current to that era. what

It is from the Talmud, which is scriptural for Jewish people.

no photo
Sat 10/31/15 09:34 PM
Zombeavers

no photo
Sat 10/31/15 09:25 PM
Edited by Omega_Supreme on Sat 10/31/15 09:34 PM
SheikOfLaBroquerie wrote...
I'd really like a scriptural quote if it isn't too much trouble.

Tractate Sanhedrin (2a)

CAPITAL CASES ARE ADJUDICATED BY TWENTY-THREE. THE PERSON OR BEAST CHARGED WITH UNNATURAL INTERCOURSE, BY TWENTY-THREE, AS IT IS WRITTEN, THOU SHALT KILL THE WOMAN AND THE BEAST,21 AND ALSO, AND YE SHALL SLAY THE BEAST.

no photo
Sat 10/31/15 08:06 PM
Edited by Omega_Supreme on Sat 10/31/15 08:14 PM

I believe there were 12 judges for each of the twelve tribes of Israel, but I'm not certain they all jointly would sit on judgement of one case like a jury.

After the accused was found guilty then the accuser/accusers had the right to throw the first stone.

I'm sorry, friend, you are wrong. The rules for the death penalty are recorded in the Talmud. 12 judges had to find the accused guilty and they were killed by dropping a large rock off a cliff or structure onto the guilty person. The rock was picked to be large enough to kill the person in one hit.

EDIT: You're right, it's not 12. It's 23.

no photo
Sat 10/31/15 07:31 PM
Back in the Biblical days, if a person was to receive the death penalty, they had to be found guilty and deserving death by 12 judges and the accusers had to carry out the sentence by dropping a large rock on the guilty party.

I'm okay with something like that.

no photo
Thu 10/29/15 06:28 AM

I would bet that there are more videos on YouTube with opposing views.I am an admirer of Craig and his debating skills however I don't always agree with his conclusions.

That is a problem, since his conclusions follow as logical outcomes of the arguments he presents. I assume you have reasoned arguments to refute his own arguments? I would like to hear them.

no photo
Thu 10/29/15 06:13 AM

As an observer I see far more evidence of reasoning in Toms posts, even though I am very critical of his reasoning.All I can see in your posts is blind acceptance,no evidence of reasoning whatsoever.Of course I may be wrong.

That would be because I haven't offered much in the way of reasoning. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I could go on and on about all the reasons why Christianity is the one world view that ties together the human experience, science and religion into one neat package. I could, but what I wrote would be ignored or dismissed with a hand wave and no reasoning or argumentation. This isn't my first rodeo. There are plenty of videos on YouTube giving the necessary reasoning for the truth of Christianity, just search for "William Lane Craig" or read "Mere Christianity".

no photo
Wed 10/28/15 09:02 PM

Vanity in wanting all attention from everyone
Gluttony in pursuing prayer and more prayer
Wrath in punishment for non-compliance with his wishes
Envy in nothing is more important strike down those that try
Greed in wanting your total reverence
Pride in the six days of creation
Sloth in the only place you can find him is in Faith.

Come on now, that's just reaching. That doesn't even make sense.

Then I died and everything changed. I decided to die again but was talked out of it by reason. I was taught to see the world for the first time.

You died? I assume on the operating table or something like that?

You seem well intentioned, but very, very confused about Christian theology. Your list of sins above...it makes no sense. God created the universe in 6 days, how is that prideful? I can't make any sense of that. God must be worshiped through faith, how does that make God lazy? If God were lazy, wouldn't God just reveal himself to the world, rather than working in the hearts of believers? I'm sorry, I just can't follow your reasoning at all.

no photo
Wed 10/28/15 02:32 PM

Come down off your high horse.

I'm just offering my opinion. I really do think it's rude to call someone by their former name, if they have legally changed their name.

I thought he'd already had the 'cut and tuck'.

I don't believe so...the last I heard he was planning to keep it and still date women. He just wants to be a "woman".

no photo
Wed 10/28/15 02:15 PM
His name is Caitlyn, it's rude to call him by his former name.

I feel terribly sorry for him and wish that he had someone in his life to help him through this. The only people on earth with a higher rate of suicide than pre-op transsexuals are post-op transsexuals. I hope he doesn't go all the way with his transition, for his sake.

no photo
Wed 10/28/15 02:03 PM

spoken like a true fanatic...

Now, now, there is no need for name calling.

no photo
Wed 10/28/15 01:42 PM

Tremors 5. whoa

It was almost as crappy as 2, 3, and 4... Wait, I didn't see 3 and 4. Now I wish I could "unsee" 5. It's almost 2 hours of my life I will never have back. However, since I watched it on Netflix I was able to minimize and do something useful like post on M2.

I liked the other's better, but #5 wasn't terrible. Objectively, the worst part was Jamie Kennedy.

The original plan for #5 was to have many of the members of the original cast, but I guess that fell through.

no photo
Wed 10/28/15 01:38 PM
After years of not indulging in my love of the table top RPG, I've recently gotten into both. I just got the book for Dungeon World today. Anyone else here fans of table top RPGs? If you have experience with either, I'd love to hear your opinions.

no photo
Wed 10/28/15 01:26 PM

no thanks, the gods i would believe in wouldn't be so egotistical...

There are many gods, God acknowledges that in the Bible. The distinction is that God is the Living God, all the others exist only in the fevered imagination or are made of crude matter.

no photo
Wed 10/28/15 01:19 PM

so it needs you to bow to it? does it have some kind of complex that makes it constantly need this attention? seems like a god that created everything in the universe would have better things to do than worrying about people that don't thank it for every little thing around them...

always sounded like an ego trip to me...

Wants, not needs. God, by definition, needs nothing. If you want to be in God's presence for all of eternity, you have to show God the proper reverence. It's entirely up to you.

no photo
Wed 10/28/15 01:16 PM

according to you Religionists,he's been doing "Parlor-Tricks" for Eons!

Not according to me or to anyone of my acquaintance.

no photo
Wed 10/28/15 12:36 PM
Edited by Omega_Supreme on Wed 10/28/15 12:36 PM

why does god want you to worship it?

Because He deserves your worship.

In the Old Testament, worship literally means "to bow down". The implication goes right along with the modern definition "adoring reverence or regard". People worship sex, drugs, money, themselves...all things created by or that exist in part due to the efforts of God.

no photo
Wed 10/28/15 12:30 PM

I can't go through life without knowing if he truly exists or not. I don't care about getting on his good side and I'm willing to upset him if it means he'll show me a sign. Because: "I'd rather have a sure nothing than an uncertain something!"

So I've been trying to come up with ways that'll most certainly provoke him, if he exists that is. Mind you I don't want to get in trouble with the authorities. Any ideas?

You can't provoke God into revealing the truth to you, God doesn't do parlor tricks.

Thankfully, you don't have to. Simply pray with an open heart every day for the next 30 days. Tell God how badly you want to know Him and that you want Him in your life. Pray for wisdom. Pray for peace of mind and spirit. Most of all, pray for Faith. All the while with your heart open to whatever God reveals to you. Don't hold onto any sins more than you do to your very life.

Previous 1