Community > Posts By > Rica2

Rica2's photo
Wed 02/10/16 02:01 AM
It's not a issue of setting yourself apart from others it's about developing a voice for the masses that continue to be ignored. The movements you mentioned above are a reflection of these voices. And in all honesty these groups would not even exist if the popular or dominant cultures made a conscious decision to address the real issues of the lack of equality in our society. Until this happens there will continue to be organizations like #blacklivesmatter, LGBT and La Raza that continue to give a voice to the people that are ignored and the injustices against individuals that are justified by our society with victim blaming.

Rica2's photo
Tue 02/09/16 06:36 PM
Came back from Cebu in the Philipines yesterday.

Rica2's photo
Tue 02/09/16 06:29 PM
Edited by Rica2 on Tue 02/09/16 06:30 PM
Without a doubt TV. You'd be surprised how easy it is to give up if needed.

Rica2's photo
Tue 02/09/16 06:18 PM
Edited by Rica2 on Tue 02/09/16 06:19 PM
Breaks my heart to hear of this news. A talented mind, a passionate heart but a tormented soul. Unfortunately these three tend to go together when the passionate make a conscious decision to be stand up against apathy and fight for change.

Rica2's photo
Tue 12/08/15 05:24 PM
To be independent simply means that you are free from outside control. If you're an independent woman I don't believe this means that you have a disconnect from others or a need to do everything yourself. I think humanity strives off our need for others and this includes the "independent woman". In my opinion being a independent woman is more that you have designed a lifestyle for yourself that allows you to have a certain amount of control or freedom in your everyday choices because you have constructed your life in this way. You're not completely depended on others emotionally or financially which makes making independent decision and living an independent lifestyle a lot more tangible.