Community > Posts By > Daniel74126

Daniel74126's photo
Mon 01/18/16 01:48 AM

Neighbors can certainly be a challenge.

Since I'm HUGE on personal freedom myself, I run into lots of situations where I really wish I could force them to behave differently, but I know I'd lose my own freedoms if I did.

Personal gripe about "my parking spot" stories in threads like this: I'm suspicious. After all, there are two ACTUAL kinds of parking in most neighborhoods: private driveways, owned by the homeowners, and general street parking which is owned by the local government.

Lots of us assume an unwritten law, that the area directly in front of our house "should" be left for us to use, but the actual laws don't support that. If they did, then you could have people towed away when they parked there without permission from you.

So really, if you decide to tell your neighbor that he's in "your" spot, he's well within his legal rights to tell you to eff off.

And I'm as frustrated as anyone, when I am desperate to park, and find that there is enough room for three cars, but one of them has parked so badly that I can't fit mine in. However, I since I drive all day for a living, I also have been in lots of situations where it LOOKED like I parked badly myself, but what actually happened was that some OTHER yokel forced me to park that way, and then left, making me look like the guilty one. So I'm disinclined to assume I know that the car which annoys me now, is actually the "bad guy" vehicle.

there is a third type of home though Igor, of which I am very familiar,, and that is the apartment dwelling which usually does have ASSIGNED spots,,,

yes, but those assigned spots are functionally the same as a private driveway, which means that you can have people towed out of them. If your neighbor abuses your spot once, and you leave him a note, and he does it again, you have him towed. That's the way people around here do it, anyway. It seems to work.

Most places, if you are in an apartment the only thing you can do is report the plate number (or the person if you know who it is) to management. Most of the time, they wont do anything about it though, and sometimes, they will actually mark YOUR name down as a trouble causer

Daniel74126's photo
Fri 01/15/16 02:19 PM

There is only two nudges I would ever use if they were available:

1)the swirly
2)the wet willie

lol

Daniel74126's photo
Fri 01/15/16 02:12 PM
I took several years off, then came back under the new profile (since I moved, and so much has changed the old one just didn't seem accurate any more; plus I couldnt remember the log in information lol)

Daniel74126's photo
Fri 01/15/16 01:03 PM
I think of single moms, the same way I think of single fathers: there is no such thing when you let go of all the bias and negativity. There are only single parents. and THIS is what I think of single parents:

The MAJORITY of us are hard working, self-sacrificing, individuals who do our best to try and ensure our children grow up to have more and better options. there are a few of us single parents however, that abuse the system, look for ways to get more "assistance", bash the other parent, etc.

Daniel74126's photo
Fri 01/15/16 12:53 PM

Been single for a couple months now. My schedule sucks. I literally have no time for friends. The friends I do have, never seem to want to do anything. Not left with a lot of options. Does the loneliness ever fade?

I have been divorced for 11 years now and I cannot say that the loneliness ever fades. I HAVE learned how to cope with it (the kids hate my newest project; learning how to can and preserve our food cause they hate washing all those jars lol). However, I am still extremely lonely and as I am fairly picky over who I will consider as a potential match (not in regards to physical attributes, but the type of person she is or is not; how she holds herself both in private and in public; her personality, etc), I have had an extremely hard time finding that one person.

Chin up though because as time goes on, you will find your own coping methods, some of which will more likely than not annoy your children lol. They don't make things better, but they do help.

Daniel74126's photo
Fri 01/15/16 12:42 PM

I if you have a relationship with a single mother, you could be legally responsible for child support payments. If she is on Public Support, the Government could force YOU to pay. This is the Government "seeing you" as a father figure.
So guys be educated explode

Thankfully that has been abolished here in the United States (in regards to dating a woman who has kids). Now, if you are in a relationship with a lady here and she becomes pregnant with another mans child, depending on where you are at, you wills till be held liable as the father, even with dna testing showing you are no relation, but only if you were with the woman when she concepted. This is being fought in courts as we speak, but it is a very slow process and certain political figures do not want to change things which would put fathers on a more equal footing in regards to rights and treatment.

Daniel74126's photo
Fri 01/15/16 12:29 PM

Hello all! I raised the 3 children from my first wife from very young on my own. When the three were teens I had 2 more babies to raise from a very nice, publicly well known woman. Being a leader in her field and due to her work load, she last saw them 4 years ago. Interestingly, her and I spoke today as we walked down the hallway.
Dad's government help groups-Zero
Women's government help groups- Thousands maybe tens of thousands.

Dads have a coffee and smile. Our hearts and kids are special.

Dads of Earth :)
England 1, Scotland 1, Canada 1, U.S.A. ?, Others ?

This is so sexist...the government doesn't have the right to discriminate anyone based on gender...single dad's get the same government support as single moms..
And nobody can understand your point about your first wife or the other woman, but it sounds like you are putting the other woman down when we don't know the context.

it's time for you to wake up Estelle and open your eyes to reality. I am a single (American) father by divorce. I have 100% sole physical and legal custody. Even though child support was granted to me from the court at the divorce and even though she had signed a notary to agree to $300 child support per month, with a $1350 a month income, the court lowered her child support to only $67. If it had been the normal events and she received sole custody, I would have been paying almost $600 per month out of that $1350. It took me five years to get the courts to agree to an increase in her child support. It took another five years after that to get her to pay 25% of her total income which by that point was pushing $80k per year. She STILL does not have htem on her work insurance even though it has been available for four years and the courts STILL have not brought her in and charged her with contempt or negligence (which they would have after one month if it had been me).

Plain and simple, men do NOT receive 50% of ANYTHING in America when it comes to divorce or children.

Daniel74126's photo
Fri 01/15/16 12:19 PM

Hello all! I raised the 3 children from my first wife from very young on my own. When the three were teens I had 2 more babies to raise from a very nice, publicly well known woman. Being a leader in her field and due to her work load, she last saw them 4 years ago. Interestingly, her and I spoke today as we walked down the hallway.
Dad's government help groups-Zero
Women's government help groups- Thousands maybe tens of thousands.

Dads have a coffee and smile. Our hearts and kids are special.

Dads of Earth :)
England 1, Scotland 1, Canada 1, U.S.A. ?, Others ?

I have not finished going through the responses yet, but you can chalk me up as one of the extremely rare American single dads (through divorce). I won't put her history up here (that's just plain rude and degrading but the basics are that when I applied for divorce, I was granted immediate emergency custody (physical and legal). I filed in August of 2005, on my own without use of a lawyer and 6 months later the gavel came down awarding me every single thing I asked for, including sole physical and legal custody and her having supervised visitation only. The court even awarded me child support from her though it took another 5 years to get it above $69 a month and another five years to get it up to a reasonable 25% of her total income (which has been close to $80k per year for the past five years).

I was forced for many years to accept welfare and food stamps. This will be my first full year with NO assistance whatsoever and she STILL only has supervised visitation at my discretion.

With all of that said, I have absolutely no qualms with dating a single mother; however, one of the things I insist on being understood from the beginning, is that we move forward with the understanding that I am looking for marriage and I expect her to be just as active with my kids as I will be with hers. There will be none of the "these are my kids, you butt out". If we are to make it work and work well for everyone involved then we BOTH have to be a full parent to all the kids in the house, regardless of who "donated" towards their existence and who didn't. This includes supporting each other 100% in regards to discipline as well as with rewards; sharing taxi duty when they have extra activities. One of us staying home while the other works (if at all possible), DEFINITELY one of us staying home if one of them is sick.

I think you get the idea :D I believe in 100% total family, not divisions or "his and hers" ;-)

Daniel74126's photo
Fri 01/15/16 12:03 PM

Shut the front door.. really??? Grizzly Adams died..wow... David Bowie now grizzly Adams... this truly sucks...:cry: ..
Hmmm.. because if they can pass away.. that means I can pass
Away.... I hate being confronted with my immortality...grrrrr

Dont forget Alan rickman too :'(

Daniel74126's photo
Thu 01/14/16 10:11 PM

Yea I think most neighborhoods have them. It was more of a shock coming out of a military community where problem people generally get the boot pretty quick. Civilian life has been interesting.

I have a real lulu on my street. A real drag and a test for my patience if there ever was one.

I know what you mean. When we were living in base housing (or even when I owned property off base) if we had a problem, I knocked on the door (we were normally friends anyway) asked them to lower it down (or at least be considerate enough to invite me as well) no problem. Only two times, in roughly 6 years, did I have a problem; two different bases. The first one turned his music up LOUDER at 2am; I called his plt sgt, whom I went fishing with on a regular basis. Never happened again, lol. The second one was right after I left the army. My fiance's platoon sgt tried shoving her way into my private residence off base. I threw her on her butt and called the state police, filing assault charges and attempted B&E. never had another problem. When she followed us on assignment to Hawaii and got assigned to my wife's unit, the paperwork came up and she got REASSIGNED in order to keep her out of my wifes chain of command.

however, now that I am out, I have had a fairly difficult time regarding unpleasant neighbors. The one that makes me shudder the most was the mother who knocked her two year old son over, then stepped over him to try and stab her boyfriend on their front walk as he was trying to leave. I called the cops and what did they do? They arrested the boyfriend because when she charged him a second time, he tripped her and put his knees across her arms until she let go of the knife; then kicked the knife away from her as he got back up and tried to leave again. She jumped on top of him and was beating on him. And this was all because she thought he had cheated on her (turns out the "girlfriend" was his sister that she had never met). yet they arrested HIM. 17 witnesses to it all, all 17 of us told the police exactly what happened; the boyfriend was arrested and charged with domestic disturbance and assault.

Daniel74126's photo
Thu 01/14/16 02:16 AM
Edited by Daniel74126 on Thu 01/14/16 02:16 AM
so far there have been 3 winners (California, Tennessee and Florida, along with 5 more tickets in California that matched five of the numbers.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/powerball-lottery-drawing-record-15b-jackpot-tonight/story?id=36275166

Daniel74126's photo
Tue 01/12/16 10:26 PM

*Some* prisons are privately owned.
Many prisons are government owned.

If one wants reforms in their day to day inmate life.
It would behoove one, to think more carefully, before
committing their next 'speshul' little crime.

*Most* people in prison, are there, because it's where they belong.

Yes "some" are government owned. but guess what? That does ntomean theya re not privately operated and controlled...

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/27138-public-prisons-private-profits

After reading this (and any number of other links you care to google for yourself), you will see that prison is NOT government controlled any more, nor does it follow constitutional laws.

note: yes, I personally think someone in prison should be inside a cell, with only a yard for exercise. LIMITED commisary allowances (for extra hygiene items, basically) and NO televisions or radios, etc; especially not PERSONAL tv;s or radios. But on the flipside, they should also have basic medical care (no this does not mean the state pays for gender reassignment surgery or any other nonsense such as that). If their family wants to send money for the commisary, then they should get ALL of that money, minus the cost of a stamp and envelope, not be charged exhorbitant fees.

There is a lot of abuse in our prison system, and it is ALL linked back to privatized care and/or accessories (for lack of a better term)

Daniel74126's photo
Tue 01/12/16 09:44 PM
Makes me think of the barracks rooms I had to share while active duty in the army. defintely NOT something that would be "reasonable" for the average person.

Daniel74126's photo
Tue 01/12/16 09:16 PM

throwing tantrums , being vulgar, disrespectful to 'authority',,,, Public disorder (10% of prison population)

?. from what I know, the above does not land a person in prison. Maybe a night in the local lock up but that's about it. You land in prison when you are sentenced long term and a vast majority of the time that is for a serious felony... not kid stuff.

And the vast majority of people in prison are repeat offenders. In my opinion, they are exactly where they belong.

in this country people get KILLED for not being obedient to authority,

they should have just listened to the cops is a common justification in our culture,,,death for disobedience is acceptable,,,for adults(Thank God not for kids though)

perhaps they wouldn't be as many repeat offenders if the system worked better the FIRST time,,,

perhaps they wouldn't be as many repeat offenders if the system worked better the FIRST time,,,
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Or if the parents raised them better. Raised them not to break the law. Taught them right from wrong early in life. And raised them that if they did break the law they learned from their mistake. (i.e. as in not to repeat your mistakes.) thus not to become a repeat offender.

The " system" is not a replacement for good parenting. A breakdown in family values and family structure is a major factor in the amount of people in prison.

Bull Pucky. Yes I said it, and I will say it again, bull pucky. yes, bad parenting is accountable for a SMALL percent but not the majority. What YOU call bad parenting is actually scared parenting. You know, those who are afraid to bust their kids arse (figuratively speaking of course) because they may go to prison for twenty years to life?

Daniel74126's photo
Tue 01/12/16 09:13 PM

Did anyone except me, notice that none of the opening posts proposals have anything at all to do with Prison Reform?

Changing WHY people go to prison, has nothing to do with prison itself.

By changing who goes to prison, what they go in for, how long they go in for, etc... You ARE reforming prison. Right now prison is a private, very lucrative, business. It is privately owned, and the owners are greasing the congressman's pockets to get favor towards specific laws and legislation that would put even more people behind bars and keep people behind bars for life so as to continue bringing in the American dollar to the owners of said business. Thus if you change who, when, where, why and how people go to prison, you cause reform at the same time ;-)

So it is about Profit

When it comes to prison, the biggest issue today is profit, yes. More andmore people are neing arrested that should not be, in order to bring in more money to the PRIVATE prison systems.

Good example: I heard on the local news today as I turned the tv on that a guy was being searched for (and had an APB out) for escaping PRISON; he was incarcerated for multiple traffic violations.

Now tell me: what business do we have locking people up in prison (hell, even in jail) for traffic violations? And don't tell me traffic violations could be DUI's. If they were, you know as well as I do the news would have said so.

Daniel74126's photo
Mon 01/11/16 07:18 PM
Come ON ALREADY, This is just way too damned EARLY!!!

Daniel74126's photo
Mon 01/11/16 06:46 PM

Did anyone except me, notice that none of the opening posts proposals have anything at all to do with Prison Reform?

Changing WHY people go to prison, has nothing to do with prison itself.

By changing who goes to prison, what they go in for, how long they go in for, etc... You ARE reforming prison. Right now prison is a private, very lucrative, business. It is privately owned, and the owners are greasing the congressman's pockets to get favor towards specific laws and legislation that would put even more people behind bars and keep people behind bars for life so as to continue bringing in the American dollar to the owners of said business. Thus if you change who, when, where, why and how people go to prison, you cause reform at the same time ;-)

Daniel74126's photo
Mon 01/11/16 06:34 PM

the problem in this case is as head clerk Davis was not allowing any of the other clerks to sign a certificate because it required her to stamp it afterward.

As far as I am concerned there should have been a special session that removed her from her office when she went to jail for refusing to do her job (and she should not have been released until she agreed to do her job or quit). but htat's just me

and yet the state did allow them to issue the certificates and her lawyer did offer that she would continue with STAMPING but not applying her name,,,

Not true. At least not in the beginning when she was first arrested for contempt. She was offered the opportunity to not sign them herself, but to just have the office stamp them official. She refused to allow that to happen because the "stamp" was a stamp of her name, thus giving indication that SHE authorized it. When the judge arrested her for contempt, he ordered all clerks to start issuing license to ANYONE that legally applied. Her son continued to refuse to do this, and as far as I have seen he was allowed to do so, so long as he did not block others from doing so. When the judge released her, it was on condition that she do nothing to prevent the certificates from being issues or stamped. She agreed to comply, but within days of her release she filed another appeal, as well, I believe, as claims of discrimination, etc. I have not heard anything since then though, so dont know what has happened after that.

Daniel74126's photo
Mon 01/11/16 06:30 PM

which religion is being promoted? several religions oppose the lifestyle as well as people who have NO religion

church and state clause is that CONGRESS can pass no law respecting or PROHIBITING exercise of religion

modifying a document would not be doing either, it would be making its purpose and wording practical ,

there is a lot of undue hardship on someone who has done their job faithfully to provide for their family to start back at zero,,

The judicial branch has already deemed many times over that"Congress" means NO branch of government or government employee when it comes to separation of church and state. This is why so many people tried to have the government change the wording of it to Civil Union instead of marriage and leave the term marriage to the church. So basically, a government employee, (judge, clerk, justice of the peace, etc) would be authorized to sign off on a Civil Union but not a marriage, and clergy could sign off on marriages but not Civil Unions. They are the same identical thing, just two different names.

Now in the case of Mrs. Davis, this still would not help her as she would still be required to provide the signature for the Civil Union (which would violate her religious beliefs). In her specific situation, the best thing would be to create a different job or position equivalant to what she already does that would not conflict with religious issues, such as marriage. Or to state that the head clerk (Mr.s Davis) was not authorized to sign off on any marriage licenses, only regular clerks could.

But int he end, an individual has to accept that laws may change and if they do and your religion prevents you from performing it, you no longer qualify for the job and have to find a different one. Same as you or I would have to if we worked as a fireman and lost one of our legs. It sucks that we are no longer capable of doing the job, but life sucks sometimes lol

again, this presumes that the only objection to same sex is religious, which is not true,,,

and providing a signature for a civil union would not violate anything as a CIVIL union would only be for purposes of LEGAL amenities that same sex couples claim to want and would not in any way be predicated upon SEXUAL relations,,,

and there is something called being 'grandfathered' which should be used to allow those who signed on with CERTAIN expectations from their job to remain in their position with those same expectations,,

I am not saying there isn't but I have yet to find any objection to same sex marriage that is not in fact religious based. However with that said, in the point of this article it IS religious based because Mrs. Davis specifically states that she will not do it because it would violate God's commandments.

I agree that in regards to a civil union, it would not violate anything, however Ms. Davis would still stand up and refuse, claiming that by signing the civil union papers, she wuuld be endorsing sexual relations between two men or two women and thus she would be violating God's commandments.

As far as the grandfather clause is concerned, no that can not be used in this case, because Mrs. Davis is required to have her name stamped to all marriage (or civil union) documents, thus bringing up her dissent. And furthermore, I personally do not agree with a grandfather clause when it comes to changes in the administration of the law. By running for office and accepting the popular vote, Mrs. Davis agreed by oath to obey all laws both present AND FUTURE; It's the "and future" that she doesn't like, because she does not want to do something she considers to be wrong. And very simply, she always has the option to step down. Nobody would bat an eye if she had, even if she did so while spouting off about it being due tot he abomination of the united states and what it has become.

Daniel74126's photo
Sat 01/09/16 03:14 PM
She is a child, in school on school time, slamming & defaming another student (who happens to be pro Israel). And recording a school official & tweeting about it.

Outside of her recording her session with the principle, I have not seen anything saying she posted during school hours. With that said, this doesn't mean she didn't. But either way, so long as she used her phone (which schools can not legally ban, sadly) it still is untouchable by the school unless she involves the school itself somehow (like saying those of us at such and such school believe.....). You can argue all you want, but this has been decided in the supreme court numerous times when parents sued the school for removing the child's phone on the basis the kid needed a private way to call mommy and daddy at any time of the day.

As far as recording the school official, it falls under whether she got his permission or not (I would presume not). And even then, because he violated her fourth amendment by seizing her personal phone and searching through it (instead of using his or a school's computer) the post that he found can not be used against her in a court of law. Again, the supreme court has deemed that personal belongings may NOT be searched on school grounds without either permission, a warrant (which has to be executed by the police, not the school admin) or reasonable evidence there is a problem, such as the police bringing a police dog in for an assembly and the dog going berserk.

The school CAN search lockers without permission, but again if your bag is in the locker, they can not open it without following the law. They can only move it aside to look around and under it.

Previous 1 3 4 5