Community > Posts By > steelmagnolia78

steelmagnolia78's photo
Tue 03/01/16 04:14 AM
How do you act like a lady but think like a man? :smile:

steelmagnolia78's photo
Sun 02/14/16 11:26 PM

He just came out from a really long and serious relationship. They broke up 5 months ago and now he's saying he's already moved on. Is it that easy to get over someone you really loved?

5 months could seem a lifetime for someone with a broken heart. He is trying to move on. But be careful that he might just be on a rebound. Rebound relationships don't last because once he is back on his feet, he will move on. And then what about you? You will be the one left with a broken heart.

Anyway, how long was the serious relationship? When my husband of 26 years died, it took me three years to come out of a deep dark hole.

So tread carefully.

:smile:

They've been together for 5 years. Concerned with the rebound thing too

steelmagnolia78's photo
Sun 02/14/16 11:24 PM

Can someone so deeply hurt really Get over a heartbreak?

Some can some can't.
Those that can't usually die.

If you don't die, you can get over it.
Assuming you want to.
Some people love to manipulate themselves into being perpetual victims though.
That way nothing is ever really their fault.
They never have to change.
They never have to accept risk.
They always have a buffer between themselves and getting hurt forever.

If you don't chase them and help them, then it's your fault for not trying hard enough, so you must not love them.
If you don't love them, then that means what they lost was real love.
Which means it's right and good and justified that they feel bad or aren't over it.

It's easy to fall into a cycle.

Some people want that.
It's easier than trying, or facing fears, or making decisions, or taking responsibility, or accepting vulnerability.

How can you tell

You learn basic communication skills and pay attention to what they're communicating.

what can you do to help?

Depends on who you are to them.
If you're their friend or family, you should kinda know because you just continue your normal relationship with them, leaving off the kid gloves which turn the relationship weird and awkward.

If you're trying to date them and form a relationship you don't try to help them unless that's the type of relationship you want to have with them. You being their caregiver, therapist, making it all about them, for the entirety of the relationship.

I figured people here at the forum have more experience

Why? At best there is only evidence that forum people have experience with bloviating.

How can you tell he's over his ex?

If you've already established a deep relationship (best friend/family) you see normal behavior.
You use your communication skills inherent to your relationship.

If you don't know him all that well, you don't know he's over his ex.
He could be hiding it. Or he could have always been over his ex, only bringing out "I'm not over my ex!" whenever it's a convenient way to get out of, or avoid, something.

He just came out from a really long and serious relationship. They broke up 5 months ago and now he's saying he's already moved on. Is it that easy to get over someone you really loved?

Could be he's not over her but wants to hide his insecurity.

Could be he's over her but he just doesn't want anything serious.
So he nails you then says "Oh, wow, you know what? I thought I was, but really I'm not, over my ex. So sorry, thanks for the sex, but...yeah, I really don't think I can handle anything serious right now. I guess I'm still healing my broken heart. It's not you, it's me.
...maybe you could wear a nurses uniform when I start calling you at 2 am for booty calls? Oh my heart, Imma so sad, please validate me, if you leave you are just like her and bad, if you stay you can't ask anything serious from me."

Could be he never loved her. He just wants you to believe he is capable so you'll stick around.

Could be he's exaggerating the relationship to try and make him look better, more experienced, more deep, more emotionally mature, than he really is.

So is could be easy to get over someone you really loved, or it could be a million other things.

There's a reason why people tend to avoid "damaged goods."

All you said actually crossed my mind. Still gauging if he's worth investing time and feelings. Thanks for the lengthy analysis of my dilemma.:smile:

steelmagnolia78's photo
Sun 02/14/16 07:24 AM

In my opinion some people never gets over there ex specially when it was "Long and serious relationship" I'm saying this because I was hurt pretty bad by my ex-fiance, we still friends but even 3 yrs later we still have feelings for each other.

I try not to talk about the past with him but sometimes is hard to avoid the subject...I wish you luck and try to understand him, you never know you might be able to help him to forget about her.

That's what I'm worried about too which is why I'm kinda hesitant at first...actually till now. I'll just see how it goes. :smile:

steelmagnolia78's photo
Sun 02/14/16 05:33 AM

Depends on how it ended more than how long ago it ended. If he caught her cheating and he was aware beforehand, then just decided to walk away he could be over it. If he got blindsided having no idea she was cheating or she dropped him like a ton of bricks he may be in shock and reality hasn't set in on him yet.
Worst thing you could do is naggingly inquire before he's willing to talk about it. Bringing it up every time your mind wanders could be like putting salt in the wounds.
It's okay to ask if the time and setting is right but constantly picking at the subject could reopen the wounds and make him and you miserable.
If you like him and want a relationship with him put more emphasis on that.

Right i'll just quit asking him about it. I like him so i'll just risk it and see how it goes. Tnx! :smile:

steelmagnolia78's photo
Sun 02/14/16 04:42 AM

steelmagnolia78's photo
Sun 02/14/16 04:39 AM
I'm not heartbroken. It's just someone i met. How can you tell he's over his ex?

steelmagnolia78's photo
Sun 02/14/16 01:21 AM
Can someone so deeply hurt really Get over a heartbreak? How can you tell and what can you do to help?
I figured people here at the forum have more experience. Just curious.

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

steelmagnolia78's photo
Thu 02/11/16 04:58 AM

it's not February that drives people crazy...it's women in February that drives people crazy...

...Unattached women in February winking

lol, it's mainly the attached women i was referring to... the unattached ones are the cool ones, they have no expectations on valentines day...flowerforyou

I like that way of thinking...no expectations. Who would want to wear matching couple shirts, right? drinker
not me, i can dress myself...smokin

Good for you! laugh

steelmagnolia78's photo
Thu 02/11/16 04:49 AM

it's not February that drives people crazy...it's women in February that drives people crazy...

lol, it's mainly the attached women i was referring to... the unattached ones are the cool ones, they have no expectations on valentines day...flowerforyou

I like that way of thinking...no expectations. Who would want to wear matching couple shirts, right? drinker

steelmagnolia78's photo
Thu 02/11/16 04:32 AM

steelmagnolia78's photo
Thu 02/11/16 04:05 AM

Mostly just merofl:cry:frustrated:tongue:happy
I'm normal the rest of the year. :smile:

I like February. Super Bowl is in February before Valentine's Day, and the day after Valentine's Day is my brother's birthday.

No valentine? Me too! February 14 is Single Awareness Day (S.A.D.).
Cheers!!! drinker drinker drinker

Now, that makes me sad... sad and crazy.
:cry: bigsmile grumble

Yay! Happy SAD day to us!make me kinda hormonal!

steelmagnolia78's photo
Wed 02/10/16 06:07 AM
Mostly just merofl:cry:frustrated:tongue:happy
I'm normal the rest of the year. :smile: