the number of illegals in this country could become an invading force
to arm themselves an violently take over this country if not for the
armed citizens of this country that could rapidly become a local
militia as the word is intended to be used in the second amendment

one gun control law i can get behind and support you must be a legal
citizen to buy a weapon

adj4u's photo
Tue 07/08/14 05:52 PM

is there evidence mass shooters are reading signs that are posted when planning the crimes?....lol

yeah' trained personel' are a good idea

gund in every john and jill does hands is not,,,,

i dont know how many places that were mass shootings are known no
weapon areas

schools are for one
some shopping malls are
some movie theaters are
military bases are

do not recall any in area where it is known you can to carry

adj4u's photo
Tue 07/08/14 05:49 PM

you do not need a law to say you can do something

you can do what eber you want until there is a law against it

the bill of rights are laws prohibiting laws that prohibit
various actions

thus you have the right to do those things and have those things
happen or other things not happen because of the bill of rights

adj4u's photo
Tue 07/08/14 05:44 PM

though I agree that decriminalizing things (like alcohol , as an example) can sometimes eliminate the criminal element

I don't agree that a 'turf war' is applied only to gangs (which I think is the basic premise of the argument) , individuals learn a 'mine' mentality in this culture, whether its something legal or illegal

people will kill or be killed over their 'turf/territory/property'

over being in 'my neighborhood'
over bothering 'my drink'
just about anything people can lay a claim to (spend their money on) people can find a reason to kill over,,,,

most gangs finance their gangs with drug sales n some also use protection and prostitution to go this they must prevent other gangs from entering there area of business

doing this creates individual attacks tjese indvidual attacks escalate into multi-member retaliation attacks and then the hit and run attack known as the drive bys start

adj4u's photo
Tue 07/08/14 09:56 AM

The Right to a Fair Trial

You will not find you exact words, no. However you will find synonyms or explanations of those words. I will start with one that is more obvious; "Fair" in "The Right to a Fair trial", is subjective.

In our constitution;

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.

"Public trial", by an "impartial jury", being "informed of the nature and cause of accusation", be "confronted by the witnesses against him" and "to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor" as well as "to have the assistance of a counsel for his defense", more specifically outlines a "fair trial". If the constitution were to say the words "fair trial" than people would be left to their devices on interpretation of what "fair" actually means.

So to revisit, when saying we have a "right to a fair trial" is slang used to sum up the above mentioned amendment. Its a heck of a lot easier/quicker to say, and it sums things up fairly accurately.

I respectfully disagree that these things equal a 'fair' trial,

especially since having 'counsel' does not mean one receives a defense, let alone a 'fair' one,,,

let alone that 'impartial' is possible, but that is a whole other debate,,,

Of course you would, words have no real meanings, do they?

fair:

adjective, in accordance with the rules or standards; legitimate.

adverb, without cheating or trying to achieve unjust advantage.

problem is they have MANY 'real' meanings in the English language, which may be why they are chosen the way they are in writing things like the Constitution

fair: treating people in a way that does not favor some over others

: not too harsh or critical

judicial system uses legal dictionary [such as blacks] not the
common dictionary

adj4u's photo
Tue 07/08/14 09:49 AM

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
Albert Einstein

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/albert_einstein.html#PAitIRHYdIJGeSwD.99

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/albert_einstein.html#PAitIRHYdIJGeSwD.99

--------------------------------------------------------

the second is why you stop after doing the first

and yet, no one can point out the given set of phrases in the the US CONSTITUTION,,,,,laugh laugh

which I thought was a pretty 'simple' challenge,,,lol

only insist that their interpretation means its there,,,or that everything somehow that is in some document predating it therefore means it is also in the constitution by default, even if never mentioned IN THE CONSTITUTION ITSSELF,,,

showing the constitution isn't to be taken so literally after all, but up for 'interpretation',,

i didnt interpret it i just said what it says literally

and asked questions

---------------------------------------------

IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men,

deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

— That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,

laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world

-----------------------------

****WHO IS GOING TO HOLD THE GOVT ACOUNTABL AND ENFORCE THE DECALRATION OF INDEPENDANCE

ENTER THE 2ND AMMENDMENT

----------------------------

U.S. Constitution: Second Amendment

Second Amendment - Bearing Arms

Amendment Text | Annotations

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

----------------------------

DEFINITIONS

-----------------------------

Main Entry: in•fringe
Pronunciation: in-'frinj
Function: verb
Inflected Forms: in•fringed; in•fring•ing
Etymology: Medieval Latin infringere, from Latin, to break, crush, from in- in + frangere to break
transitive verb : to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another <the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed —U.S. Constitution amendment II>; especially : to violate a holder's rights under (a copyright, patent, trademark, or trade name) intransitive verb : ENCROACH —in•fring•er noun
Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another

en•croach (n-krch)
intr.v. en•croached, en•croach•ing, en•croach•es
1. To take another's possessions or rights gradually or stealthily: encroach on a neighbor's land.
2. To advance beyond proper or former limits: desert encroaching upon grassland.
3. Football To commit encroachment.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

peo•ple (ppl)
n. pl. people
1. Humans considered as a group or in indefinite numbers: People were dancing in the street. I met all sorts of people.
2. A body of persons living in the same country under one national government; a nationality.
3. pl. peo•ples A body of persons sharing a common religion, culture, language, or inherited condition of life.
4. Persons with regard to their residence, class, profession, or group: city people.
5. The mass of ordinary persons; the populace. Used with the: "those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes" Thomas Jefferson.
6. The citizens of a political unit, such as a nation or state; the electorate. Used with the.
7. Persons subordinate to or loyal to a ruler, superior, or employer: The queen showed great compassion for her people.
8. Family, relatives, or ancestors.
9. Informal Animals or other beings distinct from humans: Rabbits and squirrels are the furry little people of the woods

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/people

------------------------------------

SO IF THE GOVT INFRINGES (see DEFINITIONS)

THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE (SEE DEFINITIONS)

TO BEAR ARMS

WHO IS GOING TOENFORCE THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE
WHEN THE GOVT BEGINS ABUSING THEIR POWERS

deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

AND BEGIN RESTRICTING THE

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men

-------------------------------------

WHO WILL STEP IN AND REMOVE THE

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government

----------------------------------

AND INSTITUTE THE NEW GOVT

DO YOU THINK THE GOVT IS GOING TO DO IT

IT IS UP TO THE PEOPLE

AND TO DO SO THE PEOPLE NEED TO BE ARMED

AN UNARMED PEOPLE ARE SLAVE TO THOSE IN POWER

AND THE GOVT ARE THE MASTERS

WHICH IS NOT WHAT IS WRITTEN IN

THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDANCE

deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

adj4u's photo
Tue 07/08/14 08:43 AM

I dont believe anyone in this thread has read Obamas book,,, unless you count finding snippets around the internet,,

nor has Obama tried to ban 'all guns',,, then again, neither did Hitler if thats the comparison being attempted,,,,

dont need to read his book his book carries no weight in the greater
scheme of things

i have read the constitution and its preceding document that fathered
it the declaration of independence those are the written articles that
carry weight in this country

not some book written by a fly by the seat of the pants politician
that cant obey his oath of office

adj4u's photo
Tue 07/08/14 08:30 AM
Edited by adj4u on Tue 07/08/14 08:37 AM

adj4u's photo
Tue 07/08/14 08:21 AM

if the distribution of illegal substances were controlled by govt
regulation and payed for by taxation on those substances and actions
then the turf was would begin to disappear

how many turf wars have you seen since 1940 over control of the
distribution of alcohol

prohibition just gives thugs a way to get rich then convert their
actions to over businesses by which they can become ligit and work
themselves into the political systems to gain even more power and
money all the while still being a thug full of greed and apathy for
the common person

----------------------------------

No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson

adj4u's photo
Tue 07/08/14 08:14 AM

part of the problem is using todays dictionary to define words used

get the 1776 dictionary if you wnt to define words in the constitution

not rocket science to know that definitions evolve

adj4u's photo
Tue 07/08/14 08:06 AM
Edited by adj4u on Tue 07/08/14 08:11 AM

yep the piranha intro to the rio grande is looking like a viable option

i guess they could start using the fema concentration camps and using
them as a labor force

until it is made an undesirable destination for illegals they will
continue to come illegally

the number of illegals in this country could become an invading force
to arm themselves an violently take over this country if not for the
armed citizens of this country that could rapidly become a local
militia as the word is intended to be used in the second amendment

one gun control law i can get behind and support you must be a legal
citizen to buy a weapon

adj4u's photo
Mon 07/07/14 11:25 PM
Edited by adj4u on Mon 07/07/14 11:27 PM
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein

--------------------------------------------------------

the second is why you stop after doing the first

adj4u's photo
Sun 07/06/14 09:05 PM
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
George Washington

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_washington.html#oFkUmq9SAryusrWP.99

adj4u's photo
Sat 07/05/14 09:44 AM
Edited by adj4u on Sat 07/05/14 09:44 AM

thats a bad example really,,lol

if it wasnt in the sequel, noone will say it was in the sequel just because it was in the first movie,,,lol unless it was IN THE SEQUEL

and precedent doesnt apply to documents, it applies to the application of law as it has already been decided

that is to say, one cant say in one case that something is ok
and then in an IDENTICAL case say its not

thats not a matter of saying what is 'in a document', that is a matter of saying what has been established as law,,,,

court records are govt documents

declaration is a govt document

constitution is a govt document

in the case of govt documents

"""that is to say, one cant say in one case that something is ok
and then in an IDENTICAL case say its not"""

the govt should not say something in one docement and then not honor it in another

adj4u's photo
Sat 07/05/14 09:34 AM

In reference to the question in the title... Not sure. I do believe citizens would be quite baffled if they actually knew how much they pay in taxes.

Fed income tax
State income tax
Social security tax
Medicare tax
FICA
Vehicle registrations
Property tax
Gasoline tax
sales/excise taxes
Inflation (yes this is actually a tax)
Tolls
Random fees/permits

frustrated frustrated sad2 sad2

you took the words right off my keyboard lol

adj4u's photo
Sat 07/05/14 09:32 AM

Happy Independence Day, Citizens!

WHERE IS THE PROBABLE CAUSE

adj4u's photo
Fri 07/04/14 05:01 AM

the declaration of independence is the precursor to the constitution

the revolt was because of the unanswered grievances in the declaration of independence

the revolution was won thus along came the constitution

you do not say this is why we revolt then not honor those reasons after the revolution

you do create a more detailed way to enforce and support your declaration that you wrote as to why you seek independence thus a constitution is written

the constitution was written to expand and enforce the declaration of independence

the declaration of independence overrides the constitution

it could be said, being English that the law was 'based' in English laws , magna carta,, etc,,,yet these are not the same document as the one called the CONSTITUTION either, and what is constitutional or a 'right' in america is not determined by what is in these other documents either

odd that the declaration (or other british legal documents) were't just amended though

and that no one argues legally using the declaration or magna carta ,,etc,,, instead of the constitution

in lieu, the delcaration and the constitution becomes TWO SEPERATE documents

I could not write a document, lets call it Document A for an assignment and then submit a second document lets call it Document B

and then claim that something was in Document B, because I wrote it in Document A

only way I can claim that is if I ALSO include it in DOCUMENT B

if it is in the first but not the second

than it is simply,, in the first,, and NOT in the second

-----------------------------------------

""""and then claim that something was in Document B, because I
wrote it in Document A"""

------------------------------------------

it happens all the time

it is called a precedent in law

and a sequel in entertainment

adj4u's photo
Fri 07/04/14 04:47 AM
Edited by adj4u on Fri 07/04/14 05:10 AM

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_jefferson.html#pe7GG5DRFqT9uukl.99

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.
Thomas Jefferson

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_jefferson.html#pe7GG5DRFqT9uukl.99

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
George Washington

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_washington.html#KhiDDRAkQiVMT8cv.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves.
George Washington

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_washington.html#KhiDDRAkQiVMT8cv.99

adj4u's photo
Fri 07/04/14 03:59 AM

i get told where to go on a regular basis

but its to hot there i hear

laugh laugh laugh

adj4u's photo
Fri 07/04/14 03:45 AM
Edited by adj4u on Fri 07/04/14 03:50 AM

I agree an 'unarmed populace' would be preposterous

just as a 100 percent armed populous would be

that's where 'regulate' becomes more logical than 'ban completely all guns'

but who decides

the govt that will opress

sounds counter productive

if 'the government' were going to oppress with arms, in this age of technology, people are screwed with or without guns,

How?

the government has weapons , if it really WANTS to oppress and ignore peoples rights, ,, like missiles, remote weapons,,etc,,,

those fighting in middle east must not of got that memo

nor did the Vietcong

seems like the middle east got help from AMERICAN MILITARY,,lol

and now that they are gone,, they are pretty much screwed,,

american warfare technology has come some ways since viet cong,,,,

was talking about those fighting against the American military

and a lot of the American military in my opinion will not fight
against the American public

not to mention the fed govt is prohibited to deploy troops in the
united states