Community > Posts By > scttrbrain

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 08/07/09 06:55 PM

That is awesome Kat ... made me misty :cry: :heart:

Me too Sherrie. Every single time I read it I get this thing in my throat and teary eyed.

scttrbrain's photo
Thu 08/06/09 03:51 PM
Isn't it a good thing for those guys? I am so proud of her. She is a good wife. He si supposed to come home either in eraly December or January. But, this is the military. Anything can change.

scttrbrain's photo
Thu 08/06/09 12:44 PM
My son is much better. A scar for sure. He is working out everyday and looks so buff.

I have a paper clipping about what his wife di. I will post it here. It made me cry. I miss him so much.

Husband's Wish Inspires 'Battalion' Baking Effort

BY CAREY HEAD

News Lifestyles Editor

Ponca Citians are a generous bunch. Operation Pioneer Spirit and Operation Not Forgotten are two local efforts to comfort soldiers with area ties while they defend America's freedom in two separate wars. Donations from individuals and businesses help to keep the two grassroots efforts in care package supplies and money for postage.

But there's nothing like a husband wistfully wishing across 3,000 miles for some homemade cookies to make a young wife and mother spring into action — and fearlessly draft friends and family to help.

It all began when Kelsey Wagner was let in on a little military secret from husband Jerald, a sergeant in the Army Reserves stationed in Baghdad, Iraq.

"My husband told me that the soldiers that get cookies are the envy of everyone else," Wagner recalls. "So, I told him I would send him a whole bunch of cookies — and we decided to make a day out of it."

Fellow military wife and Ponca Citian, Anna Clark, immediately signed on to help. Clark's husband Trent is a Petty Officer 2nd Class in the Navy serving as a chaplain's bodyguard on aircraft carrier U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln currently in the Gulf of Oman. Together the ladies signed up Kelsey's mom, Gina Fredrick along with Fredrick's sister, Rene Roberts, and granddaughter, Jillian Roberts visiting from California. Jennifer Vaughan, and Tristan and Tate Burdick also joined in to help.

Foursquare Church immediately agreed to the use of their kitchen.

Food Pyramid and Ponca City Discount Foods provided the ingredients. Armed with favorite family recipes and with babies in tow, the group met earlier this week and baked up over 60 dozen cookies — more than 700 pieces — to send to their loved ones.

The husbands were the envy of their unit when the boxes arrived packed with an amazing assortment of Rice Krispie Treats, brownies, chocolate chip blondies, peanut butter cookies, lemon bars, sugar cookies, Mexican wedding cakes, snickerdoodles, chocolate peanut butter chip bites, meringues, oatmeal raisin and ranger cookies.

Kelsey relates " We sent five large boxes of cookies to my husband and two boxes to other soldiers of people I knew. We sent enough cookies to feed 70 soldiers. We Þgured eight to ten cookies per soldier.

"My husband received the boxes exactly one week ago Thursday. He had to borrow a vehicle to transport all the cookies.

"I have received letters and e-mails of support and appreciation and I definitely plan on doing it again, most likely the first part of September."

She continues, "I have had several people come up to me and say thank you... But it's really me that wants to say thank you (to everyone). Since my husband has been gone I have not had to mow my yard once. Between generous neighbors and the guys that worked with my husband it is always taken care of. Twice I've had large limbs fall from my tree and before I could even think to ask (for help) a very helpful neighbor, unprompted, had taken care of it for me."

Kelsey remembers such care beginning a few months ago when her husband was granted leave for the birth of their second child.

"When my husband was brießy home for the birth of our son, our church brought us meals for a week. I have neighbors that I have never met stop me to offer thanks and help if I ever needed it.

"The support of my family, friends, church and community has been overwhelming. I couldn't do this without their love and support. And to everyone who has helped me or just offered kind words, you make everyday I spend away from husband seem like a day well worth it."

The young wives plan another baking day in September.

Donations to assist with postage and baking supplies are welcome and may be sent to Kelsey Wagner, c/o Foursquare Church, 700 West Broadway, Ponca City, Okla., 74601. Or e-mail at kelseymariewagner@yahoo.com.

Front Page

The people have been so good at helping her get through this. I am so proud to still see the humanity that continues to exist.

scttrbrain's photo
Thu 08/06/09 11:31 AM
Edited by scttrbrain on Thu 08/06/09 11:31 AM
Rapunzel?? Her account is gone.Ive been gone for awhile.

scttrbrain's photo
Thu 08/06/09 11:28 AM

That Jess is a very fantastic lady, I enjoy following her, the depth of her feelings, plus she gets a little WILD, sometimes.

Jessflowers flowers flowers

Hi oldsage. Good to see you.
Yes, I just love Lee. She is adorable, smart,funny,loud, and a woman I admire.

scttrbrain's photo
Tue 08/04/09 08:40 PM
Oh yeah..I also completely agree with Jess...she says it so eloquently.

The love here is as real as real gets. I absolutely adore my onloine friends...and I have them. I mean the real ones who have been here for length of this reality.

I feel real fear and worry for those that I care to call friend.

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Tue 08/04/09 08:34 PM

I came, I saw and I was conquered....laugh

I don't know what to do...stay or leave? I can take rejection but sometimes it is a bitter pill to swallow. I should be use to swallowing pills by now...I take 9 pill a day. I also have to apply a topical med that is a real pain....

Oh well, if I leave, nice to see you all again. If I stay, nevermind....bigsmile

Maybe I should say on my profile I am very wealthy....would I have been rejected so many times???...laugh

No...you would have been treated like a commodity....a wallet....undeserving of those who would use you. Even if you were poor as dirt...you would still be loved Ken. There are those who have known you for years and wouldn't have you any other way...than being you. That funny, loving, honorable and kind familiar man you are.

Suffering depression is no cakewalk honey..I know this. I have been in that game..taking the pills gaining the weight...not knowing or understanding why. Giving that you have diabetes is another factor that is causing your depression. Taking in all the crap you have been through these past years is un-nerving in its'self. We all have stuff that we have lived and learned from Ken. You are a strong man...a kind and generous man...with much to offer a lucky woman..or any friend lucky enough to call you friend.

When I see or feel myself falling into depressed moods and thinking thoughts that bring me down..I take myself by the hand and lead me to another place in my mind and change the course. Same with my anxiety attacks...get to know the sympyoms and being aware and knowing when to take action. I do that Ken. I beleieve you can too.

You cannot possibly think you are not loved or cared about with all the friends you have made in these forums from the beginning to now. Sometimes I think having friends is more loving and right than a boyfriend or girlfriend. At least we know what to expect and know that they will be there tomorrow. We do not have to show anything...we just are who we are and like it.

I hate to see you beating yourself up over women that have hurt you. But...Ken...come on honey......take your time and don't reach out for someone without really getting to know them. There is a good woman out there who will fit right into your life and heart and you hers. You just haven't found her yet. You are still young.

So, your overweight? So what? Okay so that may be the wrong way to put it..I am too..ok? I am no spring chicken...I was thin...then not...then thin...then not...now NOT.LOL You know...if a man can't love all of me up and down what with my big butt and all...then tough titty...he isnt who I need...now is he?

I will be here for you Ken...I will always be here when you need to vent, or talk or just be silly...that is as long as I am able to type or am alive.

Besides I need someone to talk to as well. Stick around darlin....We need guys like you here.

Hugs
Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 07/31/09 06:51 PM

What I meant to say was : Jess can beat all you online virtual tough guys DOWN!!!! Not only does she rule with an iron fist.....her mouth works pretty good too? And it sounds good doing it...waving I love you Jess...flowers flowerforyou

Sssssshhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! I dont wanna go on 'vacation' again!!!!!!!sad

rofl

You are one lucky lady...I cant even get a vacation and here you get unlimited vaca's.

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 07/31/09 06:50 PM

where are these guys who act tough online? i only come across the pansies! grumble
[/quote

Oh come oooonn gaylifer...you have heard them....all show and no back up.

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 07/31/09 06:48 PM

Online tough guys and gals "people who wouldn't have the balls to say it to your face but have no problem while sitting behind a screen spouting off hazardous waste" aaaauuunnnndddd (taking deep breath)....wouldn't have a dam thing to say about much because they couldn't cut and paste thier answers....leaving them without much to to hide behind...around...through.....oh hell...with no choices but to be themselves.......ignorance and all.....making them much more lovable......believable...human..

Now about Jess.....smokin

Yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss......what about Jess????????huh

:wink: laugh :heart:

Uh oh...bigsmile flowerforyou you know what I think....uh...don't you?ohwell

What I meant to say was : Jess can beat all you online virtual tough guys DOWN!!!! Not only does she rule with an iron fist.....her mouth works pretty good too? And it sounds good doing it...waving I love you Jess...flowers flowerforyou

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 07/31/09 06:45 PM

Online tough guys and gals "people who wouldn't have the balls to say it to your face but have no problem while sitting behind a screen spouting off hazardous waste" aaaauuunnnndddd (taking deep breath)....wouldn't have a dam thing to say about much because they couldn't cut and paste thier answers....leaving them without much to to hide behind...around...through.....oh hell...with no choices but to be themselves.......ignorance and all.....making them much more lovable......believable...human..

Yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss......what about Jess????????huh

:wink: laugh :heart:

Uh oh...bigsmile flowerforyou you know what I think....uh...don't you?ohwell

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 07/31/09 06:42 PM
Edited by scttrbrain on Fri 07/31/09 06:42 PM

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 07/31/09 05:55 PM

I have read this thread, and stayed away from it....

Reason being, is I would have said something similar to you, Sage, possibly not as eloquently, however, mine would have been misconstrued...

and I would have ended up on 'vacation' again...ohwell

laugh laugh Hi Jess !

Hello Bry!!!!!!!!!!!bigsmile flowerforyou

yeah same sh*te...different day....:angel: :wink: laugh

Jess; you take more vacations than anyobne I know.laugh :laughing: flowers

scttrbrain's photo
Fri 07/17/09 11:33 AM
Edited by scttrbrain on Fri 07/17/09 11:34 AM
Just wanted to let all you know that my pc is fried!surprised I don't know if they can find parts to fix it or not. I will find out on Monday. The tower is gone...or the motherboard or the power source...either way...can you say "money"?? frustrated To which I do not have.sad

Later guys.:cry:

scttrbrain's photo
Thu 07/16/09 09:04 PM
Love does not suck...only whiners would say that. Problem is; he may have been the love of your life..but you weren't the love of the his life.

Losing one to leaving is something you can do something about...but death is not.

Apparently he was not the love of your life...you are already talking about having another for a few hours? One does not get over someone they truely love that easy.

Sorry...just getting this off my chest. I have seen this same ole thing over and over..it pisses me off because love isn't throw away.

scttrbrain's photo
Thu 07/16/09 03:46 PM
Real or true love does exist. Only thing is; most want a quick fix blended with sex. It only makes for problems. It takes time and honesty to find it and hang onto it. If it is real love there is no hanging on though. It just is and it lasts.

People tend to have "lists" for "that one" that fills what they believe is right for them. Only problem with that is; what you may be looking for in that one person for you....may have an entirely different opinion of what it is they are looking for. So throw away the list of wants for your perfect person. Problems occur when we find the one that fits our list and we try and make a relationship out of it...when all along...you were not the one for them. Therefore the relationship wasn't real.

Quit trying so hard...it comes when you don't try and push it. It takes time most of the time. People tend to be on thier best behavior in a new relationship....then when the real them comes out...it's a problem. Because you fell in love with an idea and not the person that really is.

scttrbrain's photo
Sun 07/12/09 11:24 AM

noway I wouldn't have expected that. I am happy for you. Add my name to your list of supporters. :thumbsup:

Truthfully; I never expected it either. I will support you rose. Always. Need to have someone bich at you? I'm here. lol
Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Sun 07/12/09 10:42 AM
I wear my sons dogtags every single day. I miss him so.

I saw this morning all the names of many soldiers killled in Afghanistan and Iraq. Too many...too many. One from Oklahoma.

In the last few weeks 7 killed in Iraq were from my sons unit.One of his friends whom he deployed with was to be in one of those humvies...and didn't for one reason or another and it was his vehicle that was blown up and much more. There were three, was supposed to be four.
Continue to pray for all who serve.

scttrbrain's photo
Sun 07/12/09 10:34 AM
The missing Dr was only missing because he went in the ambulance with Michael. He has been forthright and agreeable during questioning. There is however questions as the which Drs gave him prescriptions under assumed names knowing they were all for Michael.
As for missing items I havent heard reputable sources say it.

Kat

scttrbrain's photo
Sun 07/12/09 10:21 AM
You go girl!!!! My hats off to you.

Kat

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25