Community > Posts By > Supreme_Pizza

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Thu 06/05/08 02:06 AM
grumble noway grumble noway grumble noway

Another one for the squid boys.

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Thu 06/05/08 02:03 AM
Edited by Supreme_Pizza on Thu 06/05/08 02:03 AM
I'm not a big Penguins I'm fan just anti-Redwing.

On the plus side my x-wife was a huge Penguins fan. So I have mixed feelings.

Anyway... wasn't game 5 the best game in years?

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Thu 06/05/08 01:57 AM
"love makes you stupid "

That's so true. When I find myself doing something I have no desire to do for no good reason.... When I say OK instead of F that...

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Thu 06/05/08 01:53 AM

How come i never see chicago area girls in the forums?
They saw you and are laying low. laugh

Hello from Granite City.

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Thu 06/05/08 01:50 AM

Well I try to talk to people from Illinois all the time...and so far only one person will really talk to me.
Two words... Unrealistic expectations.
"I know exactly what I want in a guy." No one can live up to that. Then at the end of your creative writing essay you tell us you found your guy.

So what's the point. We're here to hook up and meet someone that fills that empty spot.

As far as anyone else give it time. It took me about a year here to get a date and the same on another site. I actually requested no chatting and no IM in my profile. Changed my preferences to be more picky. Then I had some luck.

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Thu 06/05/08 01:38 AM
He actually came up with one of the best prayers ever. Let me do your will.

If you subscribe to predetermination then you must accept that what you do and what you are is the will of god. That's why I had to steer clear of an omnipotent god. Taoism is more my speed.

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Thu 06/05/08 01:33 AM

Is the Bible the perfect source for morality?

If you believe it is, why does it guide you?

If you think its a load of rubbish, how do you know? Have you read it, if you have, then why did you read it?
No it isn't and I say that after 9 years of theology. Weather guided by divine intervention or not it was written by man and is thus imperfect. The texts can contradict each other. I wouldn't take it literally though I've read it from beginning to end in several versions. I'd say it's more of a guide and a compilation of stories. The psalms are the best part for light reading.

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Thu 06/05/08 12:38 AM
Pack her bags and tell her to get out. Tell her you can't take it anymore and give up. Then hand her $20 and say, "Good luck."

It will definately give her a serious reality check. Network with her friends parents to keep an eye on her so you can send them some maintenance money. You don't want her hooking for extra cash or selling drugs.

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Thu 06/05/08 12:16 AM
There's no reason for physical punishment. It's a crutch for the weak minded. Emotional manipulation is much more productive. sad mad explode grumble

"I'm so disappointed in your behavior, I can't even look at you. Get out of my sight." The first time you say it will choke you up but fight it off and learn to say it with a stearn look on your face till they leave the room. Finish your movie or whatever. About 2 hours later go find them and have the talk. Works like a charm. Only works if you don't argue with your kids, (key to building their respect). Also they need to respect you or they won't care if you're upset or not. Most of the time kids are just being stupid kids and just do things, "Cause it seemed like a good idea at the time." Let them be kids and let them try to tell you why it seemed like a good idea at the time and laugh at them. They'll feel stupid, and you get a hug.

Or hey, chase them around with a belt yelling your head off. It's your life. I just chose not to live like that.

What's right or wrong, in my opinion, is only to be determined by the parent. I had to swat my 4 year old boy from jumping off the top of his dresser because I was scared for his physical being. If it saves them from physical harm, and they're too young to reason with, sometimes it's necessary to put some fear into them.

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Wed 06/04/08 11:52 PM
Edited by Supreme_Pizza on Wed 06/04/08 11:53 PM

i can spend just over $500 on newegg and still have a descent gaming system huh

If you could build a DX10 Bioshock PC for that price I might be impressed. Windows alone is going to run you $200+ So what kind of games are you planning to play on a $300 system? Donkey Kong? No disrespect meant but that's a shady claim. No monitor? No keyboard? No mouse? What kind of video and sound are you getting for $300?

Edit:
I'm mystified honestly.

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Wed 06/04/08 11:42 PM

seriously,who the hell needs that big of monitor?if you can't see something on a 17" monitor than you need glasses huh
I moved to a 21" cause it's easier to get head shots with a laser mouse on a 21".

Back to the topic.

The future is in optical computing using qbits. Check Wikipedia for Quantum Computing. Intel has been working on fiber optic chips for over 4 years.
Source:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,114778-page,1/article.html

Remember when the computing power of our PC took a whole room of vaccuum tubes and transistors? Probably not but 2 college students built a quantum computer the size of 2 tables.
Source:
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070914-quantum-computing-burns-through-another-two-graduate-students.html

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Wed 06/04/08 11:08 PM
I'm one of those hard core over clockers and a power user, so I'm looking for some perspective on what you guys would/do pay for a new gaming system. I budget myself $250 a month for computer hardware so I know I'm above average. I still talk to people who expect to buy a new system for $400 and play games. noway

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Wed 06/04/08 10:58 PM

Overclocking ****s it up if you dont vent it right. beware

The stock EN8800GTX cards go unstable way before heat becomes an issue. That's with the fans cranked to 100% using Riva Tuner.

18171 3D Mark06 score in Vista x64 which is huge. I'd love to try my rig running XP Pro x32.

Dual overclocked EN8800GTX cards in SLI on the EVGA 790i motherboard. The heart of the system is an overclocked Q6600 quad core, normally 2.4GHZ, running at 3.6GHz. Yes it's water cooled. I had it up to 3.8GHz but it failed a prime test after 22 hours.

Sorry exodusfollower, I just don't like Crossfire since you can't force non-Crossfire software to use more than one card. That's the only reason I crossed the street to play with Nvidia. Have to love Crysis @ 1280 x 1024 maxed out with DX10 running 75 frames per second. It's like a friggin movie.

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Wed 06/04/08 02:22 AM
I can't beleive there were actually studies on this. Don't they have lives of their own to take care of? Seems like a silly question to me. An actual study astounds me.

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Wed 06/04/08 02:18 AM

I just sent a fairly long and well-thought out message to a girl that I like.love

Everyone cross their fingers and hope she mails me back!:smile:

Cheers!
First... How do you know you like her? You may like her profile but that's no reason to get too involved with giving her personal info that she probably doesn't care about. Try to keep it simple and don't expect a reply. Just say, "HI. Check me out. yadda yadda Drop me a line sometime." Think of it as a casual meeting on the street where you exchange numbers. Would you gush on some girl you just met. That would be a little freaky from her side. Good luck though.

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Wed 06/04/08 02:12 AM
Generally yes. If things are good for sure. If my needs are being neglected then no, which is usually a good time to get out. This is an excellent question for partners. I tend to ask this one. When things are clicking one person can really get good at convincing the other that now is a great time for some fun.

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Wed 06/04/08 02:06 AM

I think it's odd, because you talk, and you think you have chemistry in emails, and over the phone, and when you meet, if you don't it's an awkward situation.

You raise a good point, as it means you invested all that time into the relationship, for nothing.

That's exactly why I like to date after a couple emails. If they don't want to go out after a couple weeks I just don't answer. Unfortunately some people just want to piddle around and chat. That's not for me.

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Wed 06/04/08 02:00 AM

What is wrong with me? I try to be a good respectful guy, but I just get **** on. After my wife left all my confidence left. I am just tired of feeling worthless. What is wrong with me?
Nothing that's normal. You just forgot because it's been a while since your last break up.

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Wed 06/04/08 01:58 AM
Depends if it's a healthy relationship.

Assuming it's a healthy, mutual, caring relationship then yes it matters.

always. It should be a least.

quoted in agreement

Supreme_Pizza's photo
Wed 06/04/08 01:52 AM
Edited by Supreme_Pizza on Wed 06/04/08 01:54 AM

Dang...
Geeks are great, they make me look normal :wink:
Another blonde confuses dorks with geeks. Typical... laugh

Previous 1