Community > Posts By > davinci1952

davinci1952's photo
Fri 12/07/07 04:55 PM
speaking of woodstock...check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHw9b4BBV9Y

davinci1952's photo
Fri 12/07/07 04:34 AM
bring back the hippies...we need a new woodstock...

america died in the early 60's...JFK, MLK, RFK.....all offed because
they dared to fight for the average man...I remember how I felt
after these assassinations....there was an evil force running america...

davinci1952's photo
Thu 12/06/07 06:06 PM
I'm shocked to think the Bush Administration, er (Bush Castration maybe) actually
ignored the truth and set policy based on lies!!!....

of course they did...and the american sheeple were falling in line once again...

davinci1952's photo
Tue 12/04/07 04:29 AM
Go Ron Paul....

davinci1952's photo
Sat 12/01/07 08:35 PM
keep spreading the word Tobias...we need Ron Paul as president

davinci1952's photo
Sat 12/01/07 10:10 AM
we have been building 12 - 15 permanent bases in Iraq since the war started..
and an embassy compound larger than the vatican...duhhh...I'm surprized
anyone thought we were actually leaving ....dems ...GOP ...doesnt matter..
they will keep us there...

One candidate wants to leave ....Ron Paul...wake up people...huh

davinci1952's photo
Thu 11/29/07 03:21 PM
you may want to get more info on this guy...

davinci1952's photo
Thu 11/29/07 03:19 PM
there have been plenty of death sentences based on trials & evidence that later proved to be false & bogus....knee jerk justice is not the way...

davinci1952's photo
Thu 11/29/07 03:12 PM
City Said to Have Paid Bills as Giuliani Affair Began

By WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM
Published: November 29, 2007
Late in his tenure as mayor of New York, Rudolph W. Giuliani billed tens of thousands of dollars in travel expenses to little-known city agencies as he was beginning an extramarital affair, a political Web site reported yesterday.

The report, on the Politico Web site, cited documents obtained under the New York State Freedom of Information Law. But it was unclear from those documents whether Mr. Giuliani allocated those travel costs, from 1999 through 2001, to obscure city offices in an attempt to conceal expenses associated with the relationship or for some accounting purpose.

The administration of Mr. Giuliani’s successor, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, said in 2002, several months after taking office, that the Giuliani administration had kept the budget for the mayor’s office artificially low by paying more than $5 million in salaries through other city agencies. The agencies to which Mr. Giuliani billed the travel expenses were outside the mayor’s office.

story here: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/29/nyregion/29campaign.html?_r=1&ref=politics&oref=slogin

______
yeah ...we need this crossdressing rat as president...

davinci1952's photo
Thu 11/29/07 03:08 PM
There is a very energetic comet in the neighborhood...according to new
thoughts about such things comets & other solar bodies react to planets
thru "plasma & electric" discharges....the result may be earthquakes and
other weather phenomena.....Just your friendly FYI ....laugh laugh

davinci1952's photo
Sun 11/25/07 05:47 AM
Serchin...I should have been more specific...I meant this legistature....both repubs & dem's...I see no difference....the latest from what I hear is the effort to declare returning Vets as "half crazed" to prevent them from being able to have their own weapons...
Dont see this as a liberal issue entirely anymore...they are all in the same leaky boat...

davinci1952's photo
Sun 11/25/07 03:51 AM
Ron Paul...no one else...

davinci1952's photo
Sun 11/25/07 03:45 AM
FYI ....I dont own a gun....

davinci1952's photo
Sat 11/24/07 07:50 AM
the background:
CHESHIRE, Conn., Aug. 6 — Dr. William A. Petit Jr., his head bloodied and legs bound, stumbled out of a rear basement door of his two-story home here into a pouring rain, calling the name of a neighbor for help.

The scene at the Petits’ home on July 23, after two intruders set a gasoline fire before trying to escape.
The neighbor heard the shouting, but so did the two men inside the house, who peeked outside from an upstairs window. They were both serial burglars with drug habits, having racked up numerous convictions for stealing car keys and pocketbooks.

This time, they took something far more precious.

The men, the authorities say, had already strangled Dr. Petit’s wife, Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, and in short order would also kill the couple’s two daughters, Hayley, 17, and Michaela, 11. The elder suspect, Steven J. Hayes, 44, had poured gasoline on the girls and their mother, according to a lawyer and a law enforcement official involved in the case, in hopes of concealing DNA evidence of sexual assault. He had raped Ms. Hawke-Petit, and his partner, Joshua Komisarjevsky, 26, had sexually assaulted Michaela.

Moments after Dr. Petit escaped, as the house was being surrounded by police officers, the men lighted the gasoline. The girls were tied to their beds but alive when the gas Mr. Hayes had spread around the house was set aflame.
the story here: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/07/nyregion/07slay.html?n=Top/Reference/Times%20Topics/People/S/Stowe,%20Stacey

_____
the issue:
By Keith C. Burris
story here: http://newsfromthewest.blogspot.com/2007/08/liberal-newspaper-editor-time-to-admit.html

In the aftermath of the Petit family slayings in Cheshire, we all reached for explanations: How do human beings sink this low? How could this tragedy have been prevented? Why?

There are so many nagging questions. They all need to be asked. And maybe some old arguments need to be hashed out again.

Why not a more stringent "three strikes and you're out" law in this state? Connecticut's version is so weak that it's more like "30 strikes and we'll think about it while you strike again."

Why not speed up the criminal trial process for repeat violent offenders? Get them off the streets. It's been proposed many times. Most people agree it should be done. It never happens.

Can't we better monitor the probation process?

Can't we do a better job of predicting -- figuring out which non-violent criminals are about to turn violent?

Are home alarms really effective?

How about dogs?

But somehow all of these ideas pale before the barbarity of this particular crime.

That is why one old question is worth asking again. It is this: What if the Second Amendment is for real? Is it possible that it should it be revered, just like the First Amendment?

Sam Ervin said, "The Constitution should be taken like mountain whiskey -- undiluted and untaxed." Maybe that applies to all of the Constitution.

Is it possible that the Second Amendment is not a quaint and antiquated remnant of a world that will never return, but an idea as relevant and sound today as when it was written?

Is it possible that we are not talking about the right of the government to form a militia when there is no standing army, but the right of the individual to defend himself, or herself, against both tyranny and lawlessness? Maybe we are talking about the right of self-defense -- the right of the individual to take up arms against a government that wants to oppress, be it foreign or domestic. And the right of the individual to defend himself against criminals, brutes, and barbarians when local police seem unable to stop them.

Might the Second Amendment matter almost as much as the First?

I think the answer is yes.

And just like the First, the Second is practical, newly relevant, and far wiser than the watered-down alternatives.

I don't think George Bush wants to impose martial law on his fellow citizens. But he has diluted habeas corpus. And he has enlarged Big Brother. You have to stop and think about a government that wants to control the thoughts and behavior of its people.

Should such a government be permitted to disarm them as well?

And whereas the reform of the criminal justice system along some of the lines suggested above (a real "three strikes" law and faster trials for violent offenders) would not have saved the lives of Jennifer, and Hayley, and Michaela Petit, a gun might have.

I don't say it would have.

I say it might have.

Had Dr. William Petit had access to a gun and known how to use it, he might have been able to dispatch the two perpetrators, who were armed with only an air gun and ropes.

Moreover, the three victims here were women.

What if Mrs. Hawke-Petit had been trained in the use of firearms? Suppose she had been able to get to a gun after her husband was beaten into unconsciousness by the invaders? Or when she was forced to take one captor to the bank to fetch him money?

It's worth thinking about.

Women and children are now the major targets of predators in our society. Government is not protecting them very well. Many professional women who work in cities know this and take courses in self-defense. A gun may be the only realistic self-defense against the sort of criminals we are talking about here.

And if a few women took care of a few thugs in cases like this; if a few stories like this one ended in a different way -- with a woman blowing one of these brutes to kingdom come -- it might be a deterrent. Lives upon lives might be spared.

A friend of mine said: "The gun nuts are back."

They are.

And they are right.

Mind you, we are talking about arming people who are trained and know how to use a weapon.

No one should have a gun who has not been trained.

Just as one gets training in handling a boat, motorcycle, or car, one must learn how to use and safely store a gun. (The National Rifle Association maintains an extensive national network of programs in firearms training and education.)

And, obviously, no one would be forced to own a gun.

A second caveat: Encouraging citizens to arm themselves is no "answer" to crimes like the Petit murders.

An "answer" does not exist.

But it is one of several remedies when we are faced with palpable evil.

All possible remedies should be on the table:

-- Various reforms of the justice system, like a real three-strike-law for predatory offenders.

-- Better psychological treatment for troubled youth.

-- Religious training, in both love and self-restraint, especially when people are young.

-- Prison programs that both retain the hard core and educate the educable.

-- More and better home alarm systems.

-- More cops visible in more neighborhoods.

-- Dobermans.

All of these approaches have merit.

So does self-defense.

None of these options "fix" a society that can produce human beings who torture and kill the defenseless for sport.

No one step or program can plug every hole in America's justice system, or its soul.

But there are times when a gun in the hands of a potential victim may save a life.

Let's admit -- since the murderers, and druggies, and psychos, and thieves already have guns -- that arming the peaceful, law-abiding, decent, and productive people, whether in a school, or a private home, or on the way to a parked car, is an option that also has merit.

--------

Keith C. Burris is editorial page editor of the Journal Inquirer.
_____
my take: we should have the right to protect ourselves....Keep in mind that the government, including this administration is working very hard to nullify the 2nd amendment...we should all be concerned...

davinci1952's photo
Fri 11/23/07 08:35 AM
for years we faced the USSR with 1,000's of nukes pointed our direction...and still do as far as we know..yet we are s'posed to shake in our boots over Iran (who doesnt have the delivery system)...
whatever happened to diplomacy & negotiation?...this has less to do about nukes as it does about US dollars & oil & Israel....dont have to be a scientist to figure that out...

Ron Paul will negotiate within the guidelines of the constitution...something that woud be a breathe of fresh air...
Go Ron!!! ....keep winning those straw polls...

davinci1952's photo
Thu 11/22/07 08:21 PM
Ron Paul is qualified......

davinci1952's photo
Tue 11/20/07 09:17 PM
not to beat my own drum...but Ron Paul has considerable support from vets....and those currently serving...go to his site & read/listen to what he says about veterans...

davinci1952's photo
Tue 11/20/07 09:15 PM
She may be more than qualified to direct legislation or bend elbows on the hill to get things done...sure thats good....but as leader of this country does she have the moral fiber..or reflect the moral fiber of the people she may be leading...Very doubtful from her actions...I had a gunnerysgt tell me in the marines once....that there are good sgt's and good nco's....one knows all the facts...can recite verse...the other knows their people..and their people will follow him/her because of trust...

can we trust Hillary?...doubtful ....

davinci1952's photo
Tue 11/20/07 08:07 PM
Wounded Soldier: Military Wants Part Of Bonus Back
Reporting Marty Griffin PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ―

The U.S. Military is demanding that thousands of wounded service personnel give back signing bonuses because they are unable to serve out their commitments.

To get people to sign up, the military gives enlistment bonuses up to $30,000 in some cases.

Now men and women who have lost arms, legs, eyesight, hearing and can no longer serve are being ordered to pay some of that money back.

One of them is Jordan Fox, a young soldier from the South Hills.

He finds solace in the hundreds of boxes he loads onto a truck in Carnegie. In each box is a care package that will be sent to a man or woman serving in Iraq. It was in his name Operation Pittsburgh Pride was started.

Fox was seriously injured when a roadside bomb blew up his vehicle. He was knocked unconscious. His back was injured and lost all vision in his right eye.

A few months later Fox was sent home. His injuries prohibited him from fulfilling three months of his commitment. A few days ago, he received a letter from the military demanding nearly $3,000 of his signing bonus back.

"I tried to do my best and serve my country. I was unfortunately hurt in the process. Now they're telling me they want their money back," he explained.

It's a slap for Fox's mother, Susan Wardezak, who met with President Bush in Pittsburgh last May. He thanked her for starting Operation Pittsburgh Pride which has sent approximately 4,000 care packages.

He then sent her a letter expressing his concern over her son's injuries, so she cannot understand the U.S. Government's apparent lack of concern over injuries to countless U.S. Soldiers and demands that they return their bonuses.

While he's unsure of his future, Fox says he's unwavering in his commitment to his country.

"I'd do it all over again... because I'm proud of the discipline that I learned. I'm proud to have done something for my country," he said.

But Fox feels like he's already given enough. He'll never be able to pursue his dream of being a police officer because of his wounds and he can't believe he's being asked to return part of his $10,000 signing bonus.

KDKA contacted Congressman Jason Altmire on his behalf. He says he has proposed a bill that would guarantee soldiers receive full benefit of bonuses.

link : http://kdka.com/local/military.signing.bonuses.2.571660.html

_____
Can we now agree that the government gives a rats ass about the soldiers serving in war...
the next time Bush is blustering about support for the troops remember how they are really being treated by our so-called leaders...what do we expect..Bush went awol & got away with it..and Cheney got many deferments so he could be the coward that he is...this really pisses me off...

davinci1952's photo
Tue 11/20/07 08:01 PM
voileazur...I could care less how many "f" words were used...I think it displays an arrogance that certainly should be called into question...do we want leaders that display such disregard for those that work for them?...it doesnt matter if its Hillary or Bush..or Guilani or whoever....it's the arrogance I find offensive...of course they are the "ruling class" and are certainly much better than us peons dont you think...

if I had a way to post Guilani prancing around in drag I would do that in a minute...Or McCain singing Bomb bomb bomb Iran (sans Beach Boys) I would post that...

I would vote for a qualified woman for president..no problem...But Hillary is not qualified..

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25