Wed 08/01/07 08:25 PM
superman's dad?....no he didnt...

davinci1952's photo
Wed 08/01/07 05:51 AM
haha...yeah...think I understand

davinci1952's photo
Wed 08/01/07 05:48 AM
fanta...I gave Richardson a look at one time...but
"Richardson is all about AIPAC in no uncertain terms - protecting Israel at all costs, no discussion with Hamas or Hezbollah unless those groups denounce violence and the destruction of the Israeli state. Israel is our greatest partner in the region. No mention of Palestine or Palestinian desires. His foreign policy for Israel is simply to just walk back into the Middle East peace process that was abandoned after Clinton left office.

In regards to Iran & Iraq, my impressions are bit more favorable, but he's mouthing the same general promises of engagement with Middle East neighbors while promising full US withdrawal within one year. These promises are what focus polls are saying that a Dem candidate needs to say. It's not courageous leadership by any means.

If you're looking for international or innovative thinking in regards to Israel and Palestine, you're sure as **** coming out of the horse not going to find it in Bill Richardson's campaign.

here: http://www.progressivehistorians.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=1068

candidates owned by AIPAC are off limits to me...

davinci1952's photo
Wed 08/01/07 05:40 AM
deaths come in 3's they say....

Bill Walsh (football)...Tom Snyder (talk show)....No3??????

davinci1952's photo
Wed 08/01/07 05:39 AM
Late-night talk show pioneer Tom Snyder dies of leukemia
Joe Garofoli, Chronicle Staff Writer
Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tom Snyder, the late-night talk show host whose free-form program and intimate interviewing style influenced a generation of broadcasters, died in his Tiburon home nearly two years after he announced he had chronic lymphatic leukemia.
Snyder, who was 71, died Sunday from complications from leukemia, associates said. Funeral arrangements are pending and will be private.
Best known for his 1973-82 stint as host of NBC's "The Tomorrow Show," which aired after Johnny Carson's "Tonight Show," Snyder showed that the wee hours of weeknight mornings didn't have to ceded to B-grade movies and reruns. There he showed how conversation -- be it goofy, serious, provocative and occasionally edgy -- could be compelling on its own.
With the camera pulled in tight on his face, the screen filled with the cigarette smoke from the host and often his guests, Snyder created a living-room atmosphere that allowed conversation partners such as John Lennon or Howard Stern to relax in ways they didn't on other programs.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/31/SNYDER.TMP

I enjoyed his talk show...way back when....

davinci1952's photo
Tue 07/31/07 07:20 PM
philosopher...that is what you think when you hear him talk?.
or read his voting record?...really?....

feel free to vote for any of the other AIPAC shills....

davinci1952's photo
Tue 07/31/07 07:17 PM
I would prefer to have potheads on the roads instead of
sloppy drunks...

and yes..been there done that

davinci1952's photo
Tue 07/31/07 07:14 PM
there are no liberals anymore..
and no conservatives...

only criminals........get the label right...

davinci1952's photo
Tue 07/31/07 04:36 AM
they are both shills for AIPAC .....bought and paid for...you all better do your
homework grumble grumble grumble

davinci1952's photo
Sun 07/29/07 06:38 AM
there is some debate over the legality of the ratification process of 16th amendment...

"The ratification required by at least 36 states -- three-fourths of the 48 states then in existence -- has to be identical to the amendment passed by Congress. Benson cites federal documents affirming that for state approval to be acceptable, neither words nor punctuation can be changed. And the states may not violate their own state constitutions in ratifying the amendment.

Of the 48 states, here's the story:

Eight states (Rhode Island, Utah, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Kentucky, Florida, Virginia and Pennsylvania) did not approve or ratify the amendment.
Texas and Louisiana were forbidden by their own state constitutions to empower the federal government to tax.
Vermont and Massachusetts rejected the amendment with a recorded vote count, and only later declared it passed without a recorded vote after the amendment was declared ratified by Knox.
Tennessee, Ohio, Mississippi, California and Washington violated their state constitutions in their ratification procedures.
Minnesota did not send any copy of its resolution to Knox, let alone a signed and sealed one, as required.
And Oklahoma, Georgia and Illinois made unacceptable changes in wording. (Some of the above states also made such changes, in addition to their other unacceptable procedures.)
Take 48 states, deduct these 21, and you have proper ratification by only 27 states -- far less than the required 36."

http://www.givemeliberty.org/features/taxes/19990709_xcdfr_is_income.htm

davinci1952's photo
Sun 07/29/07 06:30 AM
fanta... I dont like that either..I've never voted republican for president...
the only other option would be to declare 3rd party...but then you have to
get past the "wasted vote" BS .....I could hold my nose and vote republican
once if it was for him...when I listen to all the other candidates I hear nothing
but canned sound bites...very frustrating

davinci1952's photo
Sat 07/28/07 09:02 AM
agree Alex...I for one is not shocked that a crime family has seized control
of this country...it has taken them many years to pull it off...if the people
would just wake up & realize that we outnumber them...things could change...
but most cannot get past the fact & the propaganda...

davinci1952's photo
Sat 07/28/07 05:46 AM
just trying to supply information....

Stack Your Candidate Against
Ron Paul's Record
7-28-7

Congressman Ron Paul has a long history of working for Freedom in our nation's capitol. As a member of the United States House of Representatives, Dr. Paul has consistently worked to limit the size of the federal government. He has always worked to reduce taxes. He has repeatedly supported the cause of free markets. And he has never voted to support any measure not authorized by the Constitution of the United States of America.

Some important facts about Ron Paul's record:

* He has never voted to raise taxes.
* He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
* He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
* He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
* He has never taken a government-paid junket.
* He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
* He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
* He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.
* He voted against the Patriot Act.
* He voted against the Iraq war.
* He wants to remove Marijuana from the list of controlled substances

Ron Paul currently leads ALL '08 candidates with one-third of military contributions for Q2
(TheSpinFactor.com)

Military contributions among Republican presidential candidates place Ron Paul on top at 49.5%, with nearly as much as all Republicans combined.

A more complete compilation of statistics by Phreadom shows that presidential candidate Ron Paul leads all 2008 presidential candidates in military contributions from the US Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and war veterans. Presidential candidate Ron Paul leads with an impressive one-third of all contributions this second quarter according to newly released data from the FEC.

Ron Paul currently has more cash-on-hand than John McCain this quarter, and this new information is indicative of Ron Paul's success. It appears that our soldiers and war veterans have an affinity to, or inclination for Ron Paul's non-intervention principle - defending our homeland and pursuing terrorists, but no nation-building.

Military contributions for Q2

Ron Paul 32.94%
John McCain 22.99%
Hillary Clinton 13.92%
Bill Richardson 7.03%
Barack Obama 6.85%
Mitt Romney 4.68%
Rudy Giuliani 3.06%
John Edwards 2.97%
Tom Tancredo 1.85%
Duncan Hunter 1.32%
Joe Biden 1.06%
Mike Huckabee 0.20%
Mike Gravel 0.09%
Sam Brownback 0.07%
Dennis Kucinich 0%
Tommy Thompson 0%
Chris Dodd 0%
Jim Gilmore 0%
John Cox 0%

Source: Finance Reports for the 2007 July Quarterly and compiled by Phreadom. Visit phreadom.blogspot.com for more detail.
http://www.theconservativevoice.com/forum/read.html?id=10375

1. Ronald Ernest Paul was born on Aug. 20, 1935, in Pittsburgh. His father was a dairy farmer.

2. Paul graduated with a bachelor's degree from Gettysburg College in 1957 and with a medical degree from the Duke University School of Medicine in 1961.

3. He served as a flight surgeon in the Air Force from 1963 to 1965 and in the Air National Guard until 1968. That year he moved to Texas to take over another doctor's medical practice.

4. Paul greatly admires Ludwig von Mises (1881-1973), an Austrian economist who advocated laissez-faire, free market policies. A photo of the economist decorates his office wall. Paul became interested in politics in 1971 when President Nixon removed the country from the gold standard and set wage price controls disappointing actions to Paul (and presumably von Mises).

5. Paul was elected to the House of Representatives in a special election in April 1976 to replace resigning Rep. Robert R. Casey. He was not re-elected later that year but did win his bid in 1978. He held office until early 1985, when he returned to his medical practice.

6. Paul ran for president in 1988 as a candidate for the Libertarian party. He received over 400,000 votes (or 0.47 percent), finishing third behind George H. W. Bush and Michael Dukakis.

7. Returning to the GOP, Paul won office again in 1996 to represent his Texas district in the House. He has been re-elected five times. He reportedly would like to be listed as both a Republican and a Libertarian, if Texas law allowed. And maybe also as a member of the Constitutional Party.

8. Paul received the nickname "Dr. No" in Congress for repeatedly casting "nay" votes, even on legislation with almost unanimous support from his Republican colleagues. Explaining why he opposes legislation that expands government power, funds federal spending, or reduces privacy: "I interpret through the eyes of the Constitution. If we don't have direct authorization, I don't vote for it, even if there are good intentions." In 2006, the Washington Post wrote: "He says, if his fellow Republicans are 'very desperate,' he may allow himself to be talked into changing a 'no' vote to 'present.' "

9. During his medical career specializing in obstetrics/gynecology, he delivered more than 4,000 babies. He refused to accept payment by Medicare or Medicaid, preferring to not charge patients or to work out a cash payment.

10. Paul is married to Carol Wells. They have five children and 17 grandchildren. He supported his children during their undergraduate and medical school years not letting them accept federal student loans. It is also said he plans to refuse his congressional pension.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/070323/23paulfacts.htm

davinci1952's photo
Sat 07/28/07 05:33 AM
eeeats not a toomore!!!!.... <insert arnold voice here>

davinci1952's photo
Fri 07/27/07 01:25 PM
I'll take Marilyn anyday.....grrrr...

davinci1952's photo
Fri 07/27/07 01:22 PM
everyone should listen to Fanta......there is more to the story
bravo fanta...I'm with you completely..

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 07:33 PM
:heart:

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 07:25 PM
bravo adj4u!!!drinker drinker

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 07:23 PM
never impressed with ted...he does enuf damage as senator

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 03:46 PM
more
The Dow Falls 300 on Credit Concerns

Jul 26 12:48 PM US/Eastern
By JOE BEL BRUNO
AP Business Writer

NEW YORK (AP) - Wall Street fell sharply Thursday, extending its weeks-long streak of volatility after disappointing home sales figures added to investors' increasing uneasiness about the mortgage and corporate lending markets. The Dow Jones industrials fell more than 300 points, while Treasury yields plunged as investors moved money from stocks to bonds.
Investors who had been able to shrug off concerns about subprime mortgage lending problems and a more difficult environment for corporate borrowing were clearly worried once again. Anxiety increased after the Commerce Department reported that sales of new homes fell 6.6 percent last month to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 834,000 units, more than triple what had been expected and the largest percentage drop since sales fell by 12.7 percent in January.

Disappointing results from home builders including Pulte Homes Inc. and D.R. Horton Inc.—squeezed by a sluggish environment from home sales and continued defaults in subprime loans—weighed heavily on the market. Jitters also remain throughout the market that the number of private-equity deals—a main driver of the market's record run—might dry up because buyout shops are having difficulties accessing credit.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8QKD1GG1&show_article=1