Community > Posts By > mj040778

mj040778's photo
Fri 06/03/16 09:52 AM
Thanks for the advice :grinning:

mj040778's photo
Thu 06/02/16 03:30 PM
I'm a normal genuine guy, just wondering why nobody talks, is it all about sex and nude pictures? Just asking

mj040778's photo
Tue 05/31/16 01:05 PM
Just want to know what people think

mj040778's photo
Tue 05/31/16 10:30 AM

I've always tried to be a honest person that doesn't mess with people feelings, but I keep ending up being the one that gets mess about with. Some of my family have said that I'm to nice to people that don't deserve it but that's just the way I am. Just getting fed up of being the one that gets hurt all the time. Hopefully one day I'll meet the right person

I actually relate to this ALOT.

Please humor me as I boldly put myself in the "nice people "category.

The thing about really nice people is that we are often clueless abiut the intentions of people.

We react so organically to the generous spirit inside ourselves, that we seldom ever stop to assess if the receivers of our kindness are nice or even grateful for our kindness .

But the reality of the situation is that some of the receivers are NOT NICE. Some receivers are selfish, ungrateful or exploitive.

The receivers will never tell us that. Its up to us to observe the attitudes and actions of people not just towards us but towards others as well.

I think it was Bob Marley who said...

" The truth is, everyone's going to hurt you. You just have to find the ones worth suffering for"

Nice people have to consciously assess if the people we want to give our whole hearts to , are worth the sacrifices and the suffering we will endure for them

If we make that choice consciously, I think we will operate more from a vantage view of empowerment rather than at the bottom of someone"s shoes.

You sound like a really nice person and I appreciate your words of wisdom

mj040778's photo
Tue 05/31/16 10:29 AM

Never change for negative people if you are being messed about in life by friends then they are not real friends.
Or if it is in love the you haven,t found the right person.
If you allow yourself to be forced into change then how can you find someone who will love you for you.
Stay strong and be positive Karma will bite back one day xx

I won't change the way I am, just might be a bit more careful about opening my heart to someone now, there's only so much you can take xx

mj040778's photo
Tue 05/31/16 06:26 AM

Being a good person isn't wrong. But if you get messed about, you gotta work out where you go wrong for yourself.
Do you have healthy boundaries? The first time someone asked me that, I thought "Boundaries? WTH are those? What ya mean boundaries?" Took me a few years to work that one out, believe it or not.
It comes with developing some sort of antenna, to know when the other is going to far, so it's at your expense, or not.
In order for that to work, you also need to know what is okay for you, how far you are willing to go and still feel good and when it is too much and you start to feel 'messed about'.
A nice clue ... if you only find out later on you've been messed about, not at the moment, you aren't really aware of your boundaries and/or your antenna needs a bit more work.

All in all nothing to despair about. We all get polished by life, trial and error. Learning and discovering.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice

mj040778's photo
Tue 05/31/16 04:46 AM

I've always tried to be a honest person that doesn't mess with people feelings, but I keep ending up being the one that gets mess about with. Some of my family have said that I'm to nice to people that don't deserve it but that's just the way I am. Just getting fed up of being the one that gets hurt all the time. Hopefully one day I'll meet the right person

You dont need to change yourself just because you are tired of being messed up. You are a man. Always remember that. You just have to be a lot careful next time so you wont be badly hurt.
I, too, was messed up by a lot of people whom I trusted several times before. I was badly hurt that sometimes I thought of getting even.
However, I always hold back. I always remind myself of how loving I am.
I dont let hatred and pain eat my heart out.

I fully understand what you're saying, just hard sometimes to stay positive, but we live and learn

mj040778's photo
Tue 05/31/16 04:22 AM

mj040778's photo
Tue 05/31/16 03:22 AM
Is there anyone up for a meet up in Chippenham, just looking for a friendly chat

mj040778's photo
Mon 05/30/16 02:53 PM
I have always thought if you say you'll call then you should call but that's just me

mj040778's photo
Mon 05/30/16 02:06 PM
Hi, I live in Chippenham and don't know anyone. Would like to get to know some people in the area, been though some bad times lately and just trying to move on in life

mj040778's photo
Mon 05/30/16 02:00 PM
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated

mj040778's photo
Mon 05/30/16 08:35 AM
Thanks, just thought I was going mad

mj040778's photo
Mon 05/30/16 07:55 AM
Just wondering if the is anyone on here. I'm I genuine person not looking for a quick bit of sex or anything like that. Looking to talk to real people