Community > Posts By > elwoodsully

elwoodsully's photo
Wed 05/22/13 08:45 AM
We used to think the world was flat.
Then we came to our senses.

We used to think it was okay to own slaves.

We used to think women were lesser beings, and shouldn't have a voice- either in politics, or elsewhere.

We used to think witches could destroy you with their minds, so we killed thousands.

We still think that man should only be with woman, and that man and man or woman and woman shouldn't be together- for all the harm it would do to "Family Values". Yeah, right. I have never seen a Gay/Lesbian/Transgender person trying to recruit people to play on their team. It doesn't happen.
When will we come to our senses?

We used to think that Black and white together is wrong.
When will we come to our senses?

If it does no harm to another LIVING (Not just human) being, and it doesn't involve YOU... Keep your flippin opinions, and your ugly faces to yourself.

I came to my senses.

BTW. I am a Republican, if that really matters.

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 05/17/13 07:31 PM
It has been almost four years since this topic has seen any postings. Let us see you, Newbies.. BTW, I'm on page 10 of the topic.

elwoodsully's photo
Sat 05/11/13 08:51 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive
Branded
Have Gun Will Travel
Maverick
Little House on the Prairie
F Troop

elwoodsully's photo
Sat 04/20/13 06:22 AM
I have a few things that are turn-offs.

Tattoos on a woman's chest. That colorful bird looks nice when you're 20, but when you're 50, it'll look like a pterodactyl.

Bad language. I spent a total of 18 years working in the army, and in a jail in Chicago, so I am used to hearing foul language from guys. Do I swear? Yes. Do I swear often? No. I was told at a very young age that when you overdo anything, people will look at you in a negative light. So, that being said, when I swear, people actually look at me with a funny look on their face, and ask what's wrong.

Improper language. Learn how to speak correctly.

elwoodsully's photo
Sat 04/20/13 06:09 AM
Now that the second nut-job bombing suspect has been captured, it is my personal belief that he should be tried down here in Texas for his crimes. Like Ron White is known for saying, "We have the death penalty down here, and we USE IT!".

How and why, you may ask, can I think they can be tried down here for a crime committed in Boston? That old catch-phrase that many agencies worldwide use to arrest someone when they have little else to use. Disturbing the peace. Wrap that up with murder, and bring him down here.

If you can prove to me that we were not/ are not disturbed by the news of the last week, then I will change my mind.

I can see this idiot down in Huntsville for the next few years, perfecting his use of the phrase "Please, not again" to his fellow inmates.

Is it Christian-like of me to think and say these things? Well, no. Is it wrong? Well, no.

My Bible states an eye for an eye. They killed three people, injured around 200 people, and disrupted the lives of countless others.

That's my two cents.

elwoodsully's photo
Wed 04/10/13 07:53 PM
Nice and cool here today in the big ol town of Cotulla. Much better than the 102 it was here yesterday.

elwoodsully's photo
Wed 04/10/13 07:32 PM
The Great Escape
The Dirty Dozen
Stalag 17
Memphis Belle
Von Ryan's Express
The Audie Murphy Story
Patton

elwoodsully's photo
Thu 03/14/13 01:01 AM
Here it is,3am in southwest Texas. I'm at work until 6am, and at midnight, they fed us pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon with a honey glaze, vegetable medley, and dinner rolls. With a large sweet iced tea. Best meal I've had here in weeks.

elwoodsully's photo
Wed 01/23/13 04:24 PM
I once danced with a woman at a function that was a whopping 10 inches taller than me. It was at a social gathering of taller people, and I was new meat.

In my dating life, I prefer taller women. Most of the ladies that I've spent quality time with have been at least 5'8", and a couple have been 6'.

elwoodsully's photo
Thu 04/26/12 08:31 AM

Virginia?

Your kidding?!

That ain't the south....that is one of the original 13 colonies. (yankees)

South of New York and Delaware and Rhode Island and Massachetusetts...yeah.

But...you gotta keep going to hit the actual South. You will know it when you get here.

:)

I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaay south of the M/D line, where the bayou ends, and the pine forests start taking over.

elwoodsully's photo
Thu 04/26/12 08:28 AM
I'd like to visit, in no particular order..

Ireland
Australia
Alaska
Vietnam
and the islands of the South Seas where my Dad spent time during WWII.

elwoodsully's photo
Tue 08/31/10 12:07 PM
Sonny & Cher

elwoodsully's photo
Tue 08/31/10 09:42 AM
I usually create new recipes when I'm broke. It's amazing what you can come up with for any meal when you have just a few ingredients in an almost empty pantry.

Last week, I cut up some bratwurst and added them to some ramen noodles, added some diced olives, and then topped it off with some shredded cheese. It wasn't bad at all.

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/30/10 04:26 PM
Ham and cheese is much easier to eat without having bread than peanut butter and jelly.

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/30/10 04:16 PM
Is it possible for me to import the favorite sites that I had on windoze xp on one drive to another drive that's using windoze 7, and firefox instead of windoze explorer? I know how to do it from one drive to another with the same opsys, but with different opsys(es), and a different browser.. Would it be the same, as in just dropping them in where they belong?

I have over 300, so typing them all in would be a major project..
I know I need to copy them before I do this, but.. Can it be done as easily as I've done it before?

Thanks for your help.

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/30/10 02:32 PM
No money for improvements right now, but as it just locked up on me again, I copied the windoze message..

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 873E3510
BCP2: 8E81B5BC
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\073010-33078-01.dmp
C:\Users\John Sully\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-178015-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Is all that supposed to mean something? frustrated shocked

elwoodsully's photo
Wed 07/28/10 12:48 PM
Kramer vs. Kramer

elwoodsully's photo
Wed 07/28/10 12:28 PM
I, Robot

elwoodsully's photo
Tue 07/27/10 01:58 AM
A rotting corpse hidden away, or an outline of one would be a sign to look elsewhere. shocked scared

Figure out what you need in advance. If you need to have your own laundry, don't settle for none, or a laundry room down the hall that you have to share, cuz they're often crowded, and/or not clean. If you have a lot of stuff, think of a two or three bdrm. If you have a lot of vehicular stuff, think of one with a garage.

Many apartments have 1st month free, or no security deposit, and with the colleges opening up soon for the fall, it'll be active anywhere around a larger town/city.
Ground floor apts. cost a bit more, but are worth every penny come moving day, and when coming home with groceries, or a buzz..drinks

If you already know the town, great. If you don't, talk to the local police, and ask what areas to avoid. If you do know the town, talk to your future neighbors and ask them how the service is from your prospective landlord.

elwoodsully's photo
Sat 07/24/10 10:01 PM
You could try nail polish, it'll cover/block the air supply faster than butter (?!?!?!?) will. I learned that from my exes Mom.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25