Community > Posts By > elwoodsully

elwoodsully's photo
Sun 07/18/10 02:47 PM
Godsmack - Cryin' Like A B!tch

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 07:30 PM
Still 90 degrees here at 9:30. I'm thinking of tossing my boxers in the freezer for a few, and then call myself Chilly Willy. :laughing:

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 07:19 PM
The drive that had XP dumped because of age. It was a small 20 GB Maxtor that was only used for programs.

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 07:15 PM

3-4GB is recommended, although they say that 7 will run on 1-2 it really doesn't run all that well with that amount of RAM. Best bet is to buy completly new RAM and do away with what is in your machine now.

At least 3GB RAM to run Windows 7 smoothly.

How fast is your processor? This should also be in your system information, if not right click the My Computer icon and click the properties button.

It's a lowly 2.2 GHz AMD Athlon

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 07:14 PM

I have been having a problem for the last 8 months or so, but recently, it has gotten really terrible. My system tends to lock up when I'm doing the most mundane things. For instance:

When trying to maximize a page from the systray.
When opening a page that has a lot of flash.
When trying to play a video inside my browser (Firefox).
When playing .avis off my HD.

It will completely lock up, and crash my system. I have windoze 7, 1.5 GB of RAM, and a Radeon X300/X550/X1050 series video card. (I just checked the system info, but don't know which particular one). I checked to see if the driver was up to date, and the tab said yes.

I've heard that windoze 7 takes 1GB of RAM to run, and 8 months ago was when I installed it on my system as a backup for the XP on my other (dying) drive. That other drive crashed, and I now have to use 7 exclusively.

Could I simply need more RAM? I do defrags, and system checks and updates on a regular basis, and have very good virus protection, so I don't think it's a virus.

I can go 2 days with my pc on the whole time, and not have a problem, or like this morning, I did a restart due to being low on RAM, and within 15 minutes, it locked up twice on me.

I have 7 internal, and 3 external drives, and usually have 3-5 browser pages open, and often 3-4 internet pages open. I usually have bit torrent, and 2 copies of Agent running as well.

Any help will be immensely appreciated.

Sully
I think u already know u need more RAM esp if u r gaming, 7 is big - why did ur XP Drive crash - ????unless it's a hardware issue cuz XP is very stable. You want to make sure u have enuff memory and enuff free space on your HD for swap files. IDK know how many slots u have but I'd get 3 or 4 gigs and at least a 250 - pref a 500 JMHO

What that other guy said about ur start up is correct, but not an issue unless you have a slow boot - ur crashing on a run so it's space or power...imo (since u ruled out bad software?)

I don't game at all, I have a plethora of movies, though. My total available space on all 10 drives this morning was about 15 GB out of 4 TB. I have been burning dvds all day, and have opened up about 100 GB of space, and haven't had any problems since this original posting.

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 07:04 PM
Joliet Jake, and Elwood Blues - I'm a Soul Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1ehMrK3itM&feature=related

Named after Joliet, and Elwood, IL.

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 06:06 PM
It's 8:05, and it's still 99 flippin degrees. YoWsA !!!

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 05:58 PM
Junior Brown - My wife thinks you're dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaEzT5MusFs&playnext_from=TL&videos=oq8EuOvf8a4

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 05:45 PM
The Tossers - No Loot, no Booze, No Fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt_7KhSbExE

Some more guys from Tinley Park, IL

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: drinks drinks drinks drinks drinks :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 05:41 PM
Disturbed - Stupify

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09LTT0xwdfw&playnext_from=TL&videos=eoWDmnOb4O0

Not bad for some guys from my hometown of Tinley Park, IL..

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 05:12 PM
Here's some of the stranger ones.

Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.
Automatonophobia- Fear of ventriloquist's dummies, animatronic creatures, wax statues
Bolshephobia- Fear of Bolsheviks.
Cathisophobia- Fear of sitting.
Cibophobia- Fear of food.

I could go on and on, but that might bother someone with Epistemophobia- (Fear of knowledge).

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 10:51 AM

Get naked and walk in the refrigerated section of the nearest slaughter house. You not only get to cool yourself, but they'll give you free beef. bigsmile

thats great..let me goggle the nearest slaughter house here in chitown...laugh

There's the Stockyards on the south side off of Ashland on 35th St.

Another way for you to keep cool is to think of Mikey and myself having to deal with temps in the mid 90s. In the last 6 weeks, we've only had 2 or 3 days that it hasn't hit 90 or above down here in the Bayous.

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 08:54 AM
cold

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 08:48 AM
mason

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 08:21 AM
I have been having a problem for the last 8 months or so, but recently, it has gotten really terrible. My system tends to lock up when I'm doing the most mundane things. For instance:

When trying to maximize a page from the systray.
When opening a page that has a lot of flash.
When trying to play a video inside my browser (Firefox).
When playing .avis off my HD.

It will completely lock up, and crash my system. I have windoze 7, 1.5 GB of RAM, and a Radeon X300/X550/X1050 series video card. (I just checked the system info, but don't know which particular one). I checked to see if the driver was up to date, and the tab said yes.

I've heard that windoze 7 takes 1GB of RAM to run, and 8 months ago was when I installed it on my system as a backup for the XP on my other (dying) drive. That other drive crashed, and I now have to use 7 exclusively.

Could I simply need more RAM? I do defrags, and system checks and updates on a regular basis, and have very good virus protection, so I don't think it's a virus.

I can go 2 days with my pc on the whole time, and not have a problem, or like this morning, I did a restart due to being low on RAM, and within 15 minutes, it locked up twice on me.

I have 7 internal, and 3 external drives, and usually have 3-5 browser pages open, and often 3-4 internet pages open. I usually have bit torrent, and 2 copies of Agent running as well.

Any help will be immensely appreciated.

Sully

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 07:59 AM
honey

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 07:58 AM
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast

elwoodsully's photo
Fri 07/16/10 07:56 AM
<--- Me in Prescott, AZ 1 1/2 yrs ago.

elwoodsully's photo
Wed 07/14/10 06:19 PM
Cheesecloth will not go well on a ham sandwich.

elwoodsully's photo
Wed 07/14/10 06:16 PM
I'm not fond of most creatures smaller than my hands.

I love to mix butter pecan and mint chocolate chip ice cream.

I just lost the chance of a fantastic and lucrative job due to my car being broken down.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25