Chess love the game

Pipe good tobacco is a wonderful smell
reminds me of my grandfather sitting in
his leather chair, smoking jacket, and the pipe

Thank you for the wonderful memory recall

:wink:

no photo
Sun 06/05/16 05:06 PM
I can tell you that after relocating here from New York City, Vermont comes up short in meeting people. If you enjoy the outdoors than that is a good thing. But do not expect to meet any culturally seasoned people up here that have a clue of what Salsa dancing is lol laugh

no photo
Sun 06/05/16 04:54 PM

How would you survive the Zombie apocalypse?

Watch THE WALKING DEAD.

no photo
Sun 06/05/16 04:51 PM

Not a coffee drinker (who wants to think more?) but
I can beat anyone at chess IF I can watch them play
one game first, and have never lost a chess game since
I won my first at about 12 :-)

Nice glasses

no photo
Sun 06/05/16 04:49 PM
Love. That money cannot buy.:heart:

no photo
Sun 06/05/16 04:10 PM

I am new to here, so may have misread something.

But how do you make out she was 'broken'?

Its kinda like joining a forum for singles and not having a photo of yourself on your profile for others to see.

no photo
Sun 06/05/16 04:03 PM
Edited by Manchuro on Sun 06/05/16 04:31 PM
I understand where you are coming from Candi, and I do believe there are women and men, who are not in a healthy emotional place to explore a romantic, loving stable relationship.

But then there is another reality to consider. A person should not be considered emotionally impaired if they prefer to take romance at a slower pace, or if they simply are not attracted to the person who is being romantic toward them.

Of course, I am not going into every great detail here of what happened. Suffice it to say I was in fact taking it slow. We stayed up most of the night in bed, looking up at the ceiling and talking. Which was something she deeply appreciated. She wanted to be held...and more. I just think she had trouble accepting that a man could respect her. And not hump her leg the first time out.

Again, Im limited to what I can or will share about her history here.

Thanks for the feedback though.

no photo
Sun 06/05/16 03:47 PM
Edited by Manchuro on Sun 06/05/16 03:49 PM

I see nothing wrong in what you did for your friend. Everyone can't handle that kind of intimacy. Some women are used to dogs and when a man can make love to a woman's mind they may run to the hills. Your gestures would not scare me away, because I have a rather healthy and High emotional intelligence.

Now you may have did the right thing in declining. You are not getting any younger. Ask yourself, do you have the time to waste to help HER overcome her issues? A Friendship with her is great. She can have you as a standard for all of the future men she will meet.

If her future men are as half as kind as you, she should be okay. However , in her mind she will know what being treated like a lady feels like because you gave her that, if not anything else.

Job well done :ok_hand:

Thank you.

no photo
Sun 06/05/16 10:09 AM
I think its all avenues of trust and establishing intimacy. You do not reveal yourself to a person without that. Otherwise, what seperates us from the animals?

no photo
Sun 06/05/16 09:53 AM
Yeah, you expected her to act your way, but ey, she's a girl, emotional and confused. Perhaps felt guilty .. didn't want to upset you

Actually, I was not expecting anything. I was enjoying myself and her company. It was a good day. And we will remain friends.

no photo
Sun 06/05/16 09:05 AM
Edited by Manchuro on Sun 06/05/16 09:05 AM
If it were our first meeting I would agree. That woud spook anybody. But it was not and according to her own words, it was perfect. It was not me.

no photo
Sun 06/05/16 08:59 AM

My favorite coffee is a Spanish brand called Bustelo. Very dark and rich. I enjoy playing or studying chess as well as smoking a pipe to pass the time. What is your favorite coffee?

no photo
Sun 06/05/16 08:06 AM
Edited by Manchuro on Sun 06/05/16 08:25 AM

I have a friend that I have known for several years. We met online and had a date at first. It became more of a friendship than anything else over time.

About a month ago we agreed to meet again for the first time in years. And explore the possibility of moving beyond friendship. So I picked her up and we spent the day together. I wanted to make it special for her so I packed a picnic. Drove to some mountain trails. Spent the day outdoors. Later, I cooked her a steak dinner. After that I ran her a hot bath because she said she loved bubble baths. We then slept together (no sex) because I really wanted to get to know her again. When she left in the morning I gave her a tap on the mouth and she was off. I did not hear from her for days.

As a matter of fact, she stood me up the following weekend. When we did finally talk, she admitted to me that I was a perfect gentleman. The picnic. The dinner. The bath. She had the greatest time. Nobody ever treated her with that kind of respect. Nobody had ever done that for her before...and she could not handle it.

For all the talk I hear on this forum from women, wanting "A real man"...."No games"..."No drama", etc. It is my guess that most women today could not handle a situation like this as well. Keep in mind, this was not our first meeting. We were friends for almost eight years. The friendship was well established.

After explaining herself, she wanted to see me again but I declined. Not because I faulted her for having issues, we all do. But for not calling me sooner and talking to me. Being open and honest with a little urgency. Like real friends who care do.

no photo
Sun 06/05/16 07:22 AM
Edited by Manchuro on Sun 06/05/16 07:24 AM

Isn't the whole point of an expose, to do things like this to show that more is needed?

What makes no sense in what's being said here, is that the people who are complaining about laws being broken, seem to be oblivious to the fact that they were being broken as part of the expose.

The point was, NOT to buy guns, the point was to show that the "common sense" existing laws weren't being obeyed by the people selling the guns.

They were SUPPOSED to conduct checks to prevent the guns from being sold illegally, and they did not.

If you want everyone who broke the laws to be punished that's fine, just realize that that means that all the SELLERS will get their licenses yanked, an be jailed as well.

I can go downtown and buy an automatic machine gun if I put word on the street. Out of the back of a trunk. When are people like you going to stop seeing the world through childrens eyes?

no photo
Sun 06/05/16 07:18 AM
EVIL DEAD.

no photo
Sun 06/05/16 07:13 AM
Friendship... Discovery... Love. And more.

no photo
Fri 06/03/16 11:09 PM
Edited by Manchuro on Fri 06/03/16 11:10 PM
Just watched it. My God! If we ever get thrown back into the 1700's we are screwed! lol...

Haunting soundtrack. It was visually breathtaking. Almost supernatural. Especially with the native American who helped him heal. I wont say anymore without a spoiler alert. But the sheer brutality of life at that time. No wonder the average lifespan was 30 years.

no photo
Fri 06/03/16 11:01 PM

When you can remember a song from from the 80's but can't remember what you came to the kitchen for.

Lol

no photo
Thu 06/02/16 06:29 PM
Edited by Manchuro on Thu 06/02/16 06:30 PM
Starring Jerry Lewis. Try not to laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLhOM_91XYw

no photo
Thu 06/02/16 06:11 PM
Edited by Manchuro on Thu 06/02/16 06:17 PM
When a friend comes over to spend the night. And you do not care for sex but go for the cuddling and falling asleep with them. Happened not too long ago.

There are many times when cooking, TV and just staying in bed all day (with a little fooling around) is all I think I need.

Previous 1 3