Gustava's photo
Sat 12/15/07 01:40 AM

F u c k, you all.

you missed mature etiquette.

laugh

please do tell. seriously.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/15/07 01:37 AM
F u c k, you all. I may be old but I am not obsolete. (just not hip to these new-fangled terms.....).

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/15/07 01:24 AM
Would someone please explain the "bean slappers"stuff.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/15/07 01:19 AM

laugh I just looked at HER profile... I will refrain from commenting. laugh I will let the world decide. I will now end this thread with a Good Night happy

Heehee. I'm honest. You can say what you want, I don't care. And yeah, I want a man that is smart.

Dirty Underpants? Sniffing Glue? sick and you are ridiculing her? How disgusting!

It's called humour and irreverence. I'm not the "'walks on the beach, puppy loving"" type. Anyone who could see the irreverence is my "type". However, I do love love dirtydirty underpants!

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/15/07 01:14 AM

laugh I just looked at HER profile... I will refrain from commenting. laugh I will let the world decide. I will now end this thread with a Good Night happy

Heehee. I'm honest. You can say what you want, I don't care. And yeah, I want a man that is smart.

Dirty Underpants? Sniffing Glue? sick and you are ridiculing her? How disgusting!

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/15/07 01:06 AM
I may be a genius, yet i still don't get sh it. Explain. Please.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/15/07 12:59 AM

Bean Slappers Unite LOLlaugh laugh laugh laugh

and this?

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/15/07 12:44 AM
Edited by Gustava on Sat 12/15/07 12:46 AM

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/15/07 12:28 AM
You can deign all you want---I don't care. Truly. Folks that know how to speak and spell (heehee), have more in common with me---that's all I'm saying.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/15/07 12:09 AM
And furthermore, as a writer, English is incredible---not perfect.

Gustava's photo
Sat 12/15/07 12:06 AM
Edited by Gustava on Sat 12/15/07 12:18 AM

English is more complicated not more precise. Many languages are more precise than English.

Not true. English has the ability to express specific thoughts (currently) more precisely than any other language---the sheer dearth of adjectives could make a dictionary thicker than an entire French dictionary.

I don't know what you speak and/or study but my credentials are: English, French, German, Spanish, and Latin.

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/14/07 11:58 PM
Edited by Gustava on Sat 12/15/07 12:00 AM

IRREVERNCE laugh

Bull sh it! Or maybe not, for most. However, I care. Language and it's rules are very important to me---English in particular (not out of nationalism but rather, because it is more precise than most).

Sorry if it seems harsh, but I DO judge folks on basics such as spelling and grammar.

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/14/07 11:41 PM

? nem htiw gnorw s'tahw si sopyt wef a oS

I dunno, theholespelchek, gramma thig andspeling thing is a bit of a kop oute if u arsk me...grumble grumble

It's not "a few typos". It's a disregard for a common intelligence.

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/14/07 11:14 PM
Edited by Gustava on Fri 12/14/07 11:43 PM

Frankly, I do not ever consider anyone who doesn't have a basic grasp of the English language. So, I guess, that could be a consideration.

Thank you, Gustava. I was simply trying to help and give a few pointers and she took it as an insult.

The English language is the hardest language to learn. And she is not the only one to have problems with it.

And... It's not like we're back in (my time) the 80's, where there weren't freakin' online dictionaries and "spell-checks" out there. I'm not asking everyone to get and use the OED, but f*ck! the basics aren't THAT hard......

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/14/07 11:12 PM
Edited by Gustava on Fri 12/14/07 11:44 PM

Frankly, I do not ever consider anyone who doesn't have a basic grasp of the English language. So, I guess, that could be a consideration.

Thank you, Gustava. I was simply trying to help and give a few pointers and she took it as an insult.

The English language is the hardest language to learn. And she is not the only one to have problems with it.

And? It's not like we're back in (my time) the 80's, where there weren't freakin' online dictionaries and "spell-checks" out there. I'm not asking everyone to get and use the OED, but f*ck! the basics aren't THAT hard......

Can't help it, folks who do not, at least attempt, to

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/14/07 10:47 PM

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/14/07 10:37 PM
My spouse and I have been emotionally (and verbally) "separated" for four years---we are now signing the ol' divorce papers---and despite us living together for most of those four years, it was over four years ago. Irrevocably.

There are myriad reasons why folks don't get officially divorced. Personally, I don't really want to get divorced. Divorce would mean that the sh it I did as his wife means nothing---I have no protection. As I have no desire to ever marry again, why the heck should I get divorced?

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/14/07 09:32 PM
Edited by Gustava on Fri 12/14/07 09:35 PM
Okay, I checked your profile (yes, I am a proud member of the Creepy [old] People Anonymous: http://www.justsayhi.com/topic/show/56228), and we are within a few years of age. I was married for 15 years and then with someone afterwards for two years (seamlessly) and have never actually "dated" or been single. Things are different now than when we were young. Yet, I love being here at this age. Not only am I done worrying about how "society" views me, I don't really give a crap about how men regard me---I refuse to be something I am not and am perfectly comfortable with the person I have become. Furthermore, being somewhat older, I KNOW what I am looking for and can be picky without guilt. Perhaps if you looked at the ways you have grown and changed and started to consider what YOU want, without desperation, the journey will be smoother.

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/14/07 09:11 PM
Edited by Gustava on Fri 12/14/07 09:16 PM

Im Sorry I don't mean to Man Bash!!! I like men... bigsmile
I just want to understand...

Thanks Reenie! flowerforyou

I apologise. I know your post wasn't bashing---it was more the heading. I'm just bone-weary of reading gender-bashing threads and I over-reacted...

Gustava's photo
Fri 12/14/07 09:10 PM

yeah bashing is probably the one thing i will actually be serious about, i hate that crap. yeah people suck men and women, but it's not all of them, just some.

Yup. I hate that crap. We are all, in the end, people and like you said, some are jerks but realistically, most aren't.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11